PDA

View Full Version : F3 in North America? Make it happen.

Placid
10th March 2007, 06:33
In 2002, Red Bull began a US driver search trying to bring US talent into F1. Then Scott Speed appeared in 2006 for Toro Rosso.

2 years after Red Bull dropped their US F1 program, the National Auto Sport Association and Omni Communique Inc. announced to bring F3 to North America targeting 2009 as their goal.

http://nasaproracing.com/

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giuseppe F1
10th March 2007, 14:07
Didnt Marco Andretti run in the old US F3 by Volkswagen series I seem to recall? Any new US F3 would really need to run current spec chassis for credibility

Hayden Fan
29th March 2007, 20:45
Lasted one year(2000) and failed. And with series like CC Atlantics, Barber National Championship by Mazda, STAR Mazda, FBMWUSA, Indy Pro Series(not a big helper for F1 hopefuls), there is no need for another series. And the cost of all those series is alot less than if you raced F3. Plus, Americans who want to race F3, don't seem to mind going to Europe. Charlie Kimball, Jonathon Summerton, Richard Antuncci. They all left America for F3. So why do we need one? From where I sit, as a driver who could possibly race that series, I don't see the purpose of it.

BenRoethig
31st March 2007, 02:34
Lasted one year(2000) and failed. And with series like CC Atlantics, Barber National Championship by Mazda, STAR Mazda, FBMWUSA, Indy Pro Series(not a big helper for F1 hopefuls), there is no need for another series. And the cost of all those series is alot less than if you raced F3. Plus, Americans who want to race F3, don't seem to mind going to Europe. Charlie Kimball, Jonathon Summerton, Richard Antuncci. They all left America for F3. So why do we need one? From where I sit, as a driver who could possibly race that series, I don't see the purpose of it.

If you want to get into F1, you're going to want to race the best competition available. The U.S. has little interest in formula racing series. Our best drivers go through sprints or lower level stocks to reach NASCAR or the IRL. Getting to F1 is not something they really care about. Scott Speed is definitely the exception. Hell, our Grand Prix can't even get broadcast coverage. A U.S. F3 would have a very small talent pool and probably require bringing in Foreign talent to gauge progress. Going to Europe where the vast majority of drivers are on the formula path is a better option.