PDA

View Full Version : WTCC curitiba

100%hondafan
10th March 2007, 02:31
so in testing farfus is quickist. and COLCIAGO-JOURDAIN CRASH

see http://www.fiawtcc.com for more

bmw seem to be the ones to beat so far! and priaulx is 8 tenths off!

Captain VXR
10th March 2007, 10:19
Lots of nice liveries there, I like Emmet's Leon http://i.eurosport.com/2007/03/09/343226-1827868-320-240.jpg a lot :s mokin:

ATF
10th March 2007, 11:14
That IS cool! :up:

SEATFreak
10th March 2007, 11:44
Pleased for Tom Coronel who fnished third behind the predictably dominant BMW's.

tin-top fan
10th March 2007, 16:47
Some good news people- qualifying and the races are available via live streaming on http://www.fiawtcc.com Just click on 'qualifying' below the live symbol and you can view.
Qualifying is at 6 (uk time ) tonight, until then it looks like you can watch whatever Eurosport are showing at the time- i'm watching ski jumping live at the moment

Robinho
10th March 2007, 19:50
Muller, Farfus, Priaulx front 3 in Qualy, seems the weight break for the BMW's has worked out for them, nothing between them, in fact only about a second splitting most of the field

tin-top fan
10th March 2007, 19:56
nice coverage by eurosport :erm: was a bit comical when the pit lane guy started talking to Montiero about his etcc race last year- Montiero's face was priceless

Les
10th March 2007, 20:08
that was funny!
Excellent qualifying but I feel the BMW will be pretty unstopable this round

F1boat
10th March 2007, 20:25
I think that Farfus will win tomorrow. Qualy seemed nice.

Funks
10th March 2007, 21:31
I think Farfus will bin it, not win it. I just have a hunch that he'll forget there's all that power going through the rear wheels and go whirling off into the scenery.

ATF
11th March 2007, 00:31
I wait to be proved wrong but I can't get excited about a BMW parade! :(

VkmSpouge
11th March 2007, 01:01
BMWs are clearly on top at the moment. Hopefully Priaulx will do well tomorrow.

Alfa Fan
11th March 2007, 01:16
I'm going to make a prediction. 2007/8 will be the last year of the WTCC.

cos
11th March 2007, 01:56
I'm going to make a prediction. 2007/8 will be the last year of the WTCC.

Which is it, 07 or 08? :p

But I have to say I'm not too enthused with the variety of cars on the WTCC grid... Leons, E90s, Lacettis, 156s... and thats it. :z The BTCC may have less works support but at least there's a better variety of makes and models on the grid: Leons, Toledos, Vectras, Astra Hatches, Astra Coupés, Integras, Civics, Leons, Toledos, IS200s, 156s, E90s, E46s and an E87.

VkmSpouge
11th March 2007, 02:14
You said Toledos and Leons twice :p : . The WTCC may get more variety when it moves back to Europe allowing lower budget teams to compete.

cos
11th March 2007, 02:29
You said Toledos and Leons twice :p : . The WTCC may get more variety when it moves back to Europe allowing lower budget teams to compete.

Oops, so I did! Are there many more entrants expected once the WTCC moves back to Europe (I know of Monteiro... JAS Accords maybe?)

Radders
11th March 2007, 10:55
Nope - no JAS this season

Captain VXR
11th March 2007, 11:21
Perhaps someone has bought them?
I think one JAS Accord went to Sweden

Jimmy Magnusson
11th March 2007, 11:44
Engström's Accord was supposed to be a new build. My own guess is that JAS will be in ITCC this season.

SEATFreak
11th March 2007, 12:49
Engström's Accord was supposed to be a new build. My own guess is that JAS will be in ITCC this season.

That last part confuses me. Is that guess a campaign in the ITCC as well as supporting Engstrom's Swedish Honda team in the STCC?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1018

Back to the race though, and I think 5th in qualifying for Tarquini ain't bad when 5th is the first spot not taken up by a BMW. Sad for Jourdain who could only manage 17th behind both Proteam beemers. I hope it is better for Michael and for the other SEAT drivers during the race. :up:

F1boat
11th March 2007, 13:00
The BMW team certainly seems dominate, but I woudn't write off SEAT too early. First, let's wait for the race itself, 2nd, last year Alfa won this thing, I think and they weren't spectacular on other tracks.

ATF
11th March 2007, 13:12
The BMW team certainly seems dominate, but I woudn't write off SEAT too early. First, let's wait for the race itself, 2nd, last year Alfa won this thing, I think and they weren't spectacular on other tracks.

SEAT themselves have said they can't compete with the BMWs (story on crash) - that's not exactly what fans want to hear!

Robinho
11th March 2007, 17:03
SEAT themselves have said they can't compete with the BMWs (story on crash) - that's not exactly what fans want to hear!

i'd imagine thats all political posturing, seeing as BMW have had a weight break due to not having the standing starts and Alfa and Chevvy got a weight break for having narrow cars (!?) whereas Seat got nothing this year, even though they had the Aero breaks last year with the flat bottom car due to the hugh drag nature of the hatchback shape.

all that said, the BMW's looked pretty handy in the 1st race, but they do probably have the 3 best drivers too. think the 2nd race wil be much more open, once the ballast starts getting thrown about.

was a pretty processional race, and it looks poor that at the finish there were only BMW's, Seat Leons and a lone Chevvy, not a great advert for a world series, if BMW or Seat went elsewhere i think the series would die on its arse.

100%hondafan
11th March 2007, 18:03
it would im hoping for some more manufactures to join in!

bmw and seat run two many car though this surly is putting manufactures off but saving the series at the same time.

F1boat
11th March 2007, 18:23
Well, there are only two different cars in DTM and only four in NASCAR, but really more different teams will make the series a lot cooler.
The race 1 wasn't spectacular, but the final lap was cool and I think that race 2 will be far more entertaining. Also the ballast will prevent one team for domination IMO.

F1boat
11th March 2007, 20:39
BMW won, but the race was fun!

Funks
11th March 2007, 21:50
Also the ballast will prevent one team for domination IMO.

Going on todays show, the ballast system is really going to be tested at Zandvoort.

Jaime Puig will no doubt be corresponding with the WTCC officials regarding the situation with weights.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th March 2007, 11:00
I think that this race has proved to me why the BTCC is far more entertaining than the WTCC.

Why don't the WTCC run on tighter tracks? It would make for far better racing.

100%hondafan
12th March 2007, 16:45
was a bit boring.

Bmw really just walked the hole weekend

maybe they will learn not to go to tracks with a 1km front straight now ;)

btracer
12th March 2007, 23:24
Thommo did well in that pile of rubbish he was driving.

100%hondafan
12th March 2007, 23:34
it was a pile of rubbish after his off in race 1 yeah but the car should be good.

its just a shame he had clutch issues in quli ruining his weekend

ATF
13th March 2007, 00:18
Do you reckon he can recover in the next few rounds then? The car could probably run towards the front of the grid but i can't see him winning any races.

100%hondafan
13th March 2007, 11:57
i can see it running right at the front and maybe even winning some races.