PDA

View Full Version : GP Week Magazine

Sulland
20th September 2010, 11:18
Martin Holmes has a good sum-up of WRC in this weeks http://mag.gpweek.com/
Page 32-33.

Leon
20th September 2010, 11:47
Unfortunately Martin has less and less space in that magazine......

turves
20th September 2010, 13:43
The front cover amused me:

Kimi for Renault?...
Please, noooo!!

noel157
20th September 2010, 14:15
Unfortunately Martin has less and less space in that magazine......

Last year plenty of IRC and WRC coverage, this year, a little WRC and zilch IRC.
Now all F1 and Moto GP.

HaCo
20th September 2010, 15:31
The FIA was there to stay, the manufacturers could walk away whenever they wanted.

Exactly like I said a few months ago. Manufacturers cannot dictate rule in a sport, they have other priorities that the sport itself!

Although I do not think that the future of WRC looks bright.

AndyRAC
15th October 2012, 12:36
Seems like it has now gone to pay subscription...... shame.

Hartusvuori
15th October 2012, 12:54

Nothing's free - not even in Internet.

dimviii
15th October 2012, 13:04
Nothing's free - not even in Internet.

to pay an internet magazine,has to give you news,not speculations,or something we already know from other free internet sites..

Hartusvuori
15th October 2012, 13:08
to pay an internet magazine,has to give you news,not speculations,or something we already know from free internet sites..

I'd say GPweek gives you something that you won't be getting anywhere else. They are present at the events, they interview people, they go in-depth, they at times also give you news. And in terms of internet magazines writing speculations and rumours, GPweek isn't by far the first that comes to my mind.

Of course you don't have to pay for anything. I'm only trying to say I see quality in GPweek that I'd be willing to pay that - what - less than euro for an issue. If the opposite choice would be the end of GPweek.

bt52b
20th October 2012, 14:59
There are very few good journalists like Martin Holmes covering the WRC. Lucky to get it free. Sometimes months ahead of the rest.

BDunnell
20th October 2012, 15:05

I would suggest it's very understandable. Free online journalism is, I feel, not a fully sustainable model long-term.

Sulland
20th October 2012, 15:37
Handbreake and hairpins is still free.

makinen_fan
20th October 2012, 19:54
Sure, but level of journalism in terms of original material is not comparable IMO.

kirungi okwogera
20th October 2012, 22:50
Original material costs money, no matter what - either paying somebody to work, or the person "paying for" themselves by doing the work without pay, buying tickets, travel, communications, making connections for scoops etc. Second option isn't possible unless you are bill gates with an interest in journalism

bt52b
21st October 2012, 02:40
Original material costs money, no matter what - either paying somebody to work, or the person "paying for" themselves by doing the work without pay, buying tickets, travel, communications, making connections for scoops etc. Second option isn't possible unless you are bill gates with an interest in journalism

An F1 journo spends at minimum £30k on expenses, wonder what it costs to be a WRC journo?