PDA

View Full Version : So, who's going to win it?

christophulus
19th September 2010, 21:56
So it's down to a four-way decider for the first time in recent memory.

Jason Plato - 224
Matt Neal - 207
Gordon Shedden - 203
Tom Onslow-Cole - 200

It looks like Plato's to lose, but one DNF could throw it wide open. Although I don't want him to win, I'm tipping Matt Neal. The Brands track will probably suit the car, and we know he'll make forceful overtakes like he always has.

Who are you going for?

Brown, Jon Brow
19th September 2010, 22:43
Onslow-Cole would have had a better chance if Team Aon hadn't kept giving his points to Chilton. I would be gutted for him if he misses out by a few points.

trebor901
19th September 2010, 22:44
i think Shedden because Matt Neal and Plato will just be too interested in each other and the Fords that they will forget about Shedden or TO-C cos i think the Fords will go well around brands indy

gogs
19th September 2010, 22:46
im hopeing plato of shedding dus it but ive a feeling mat neal will sneek it hope im wrong

VkmSpouge
19th September 2010, 23:14
Head: I think it will be Jason Plato, 17 points is just too much of a gap to overcome.
Heart: However I am supporting Gordon Shedden and hope he claims the crown.

Onslow-Cole would have had a better chance if Team Aon hadn't kept giving his points to Chilton. I would be gutted for him if he misses out by a few points.

I think that Arena making Onslow-Cole move over for Chilton probably cost him about 8 points, so he could be second place in the championship right now.

RMLCruzeing82
20th September 2010, 10:22
I wont Plato but deep down something is telling me hes going to lose it thanks to dirty Chilton or Neal move

UltimateDanGTR
20th September 2010, 16:58
i think the real winners will be the fans at brands hatch on the day.

as for the champion, I can see neal sneeking it in a dirty fashion, though I hope for shedden or plato.

Eurotech
20th September 2010, 17:30
Neal, Shedden or Plato in my opinion. I'd like a Honda (not bothered which) but I think its Platos to throw away...

btw, does anyone know the gap Plato had to Giovanardi in 2007 going into finals day?

AndySpeed
20th September 2010, 18:24
btw, does anyone know the gap Plato had to Giovanardi in 2007 going into finals day?

Plato was 9 points ahead going into the last meeting in 2007

Allyc85
20th September 2010, 19:02
as for the champion, I can see neal sneeking it in a dirty fashion, though I hope for shedden or plato.

Same here, probably punting someone wide at clearways from a long way back!

I think Plato will win it though im not fussed who does in the end :)

Alfa Fan
21st September 2010, 00:15
Plato was 9 points ahead going into the last meeting in 2007

This is a completely different scenario however, as Thruxton was known to very heavily favour the Vauxhall, demonstrated by their 1-2-3 on the grid that meeting.

trebor901
22nd September 2010, 19:10
and Brands Hatch heavily favours the Focus and the Civic as demonstrated earlier this year i think Shedden could well sneak it

ATF
22nd September 2010, 20:11
I'd love Shedden to win but can't see it happening in Steve Neal's team! Hopefully Neal and Plato will take each other and he will come steaming through to win...I can dream!

trebor901
22nd September 2010, 20:14
i think something will happen to flip it on its head because it seems to be the most intense year because all 4 want it as much as each other personally i can see Neal and Plato cocking it up for the both of them by taking each other off

Superdave08
23rd September 2010, 00:08
I think Plato deserves it this year..... I did not want him to win the previous few years but do this year - and I think he will too.....

Alfa Fan
23rd September 2010, 01:35
and Brands Hatch heavily favours the Focus and the Civic as demonstrated earlier this year i think Shedden could well sneak it

No it doesn't! Earlier in the season was the GP circuit too, you can't compare! PLUS Plato's car was hobbled the entire Sunday. Are we forgetting that last year on a dry Brands Hatch GP circuit a certain Mr Plato won ALL THREE races?! as well as winning on Plato's chevvy debut on the Indy track!

trebor901
23rd September 2010, 18:02
Completely different car!

Sophie Hart
24th September 2010, 07:21
Guys any idea about the upcoming grand prix. Please share your knowledge if you have heard about as I’m eagerly waiting for any upcoming racing event where I could go and enjoy it.

billm99uk
24th September 2010, 19:08
I don't mind who wins it as long as we get some decent racing and it's not settled by a punting-off (Mr. Harvey, I'm looking at YOU)

Incidentally, who of the four has the most actual wins this year now?

wedge
28th September 2010, 14:48
Plato hopefully though I can see TD punting Plato off