PDA

View Full Version : Australian GP posts big loss in 2010

ShiftingGears
16th September 2010, 12:29
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86712

I do wonder if the pollies can give anything of substance which proves that hosting a grand prix and posting a massive loss using taxpayer money is worth the exposure that the race weekend gives.

I am evil Homer
16th September 2010, 12:48
Not unless they cann assign specific revenues from an increase in tourism since they hosted a GP.

Mark
16th September 2010, 13:25
"no tourism benefit for Victoria". Really? You're telling me that not one person travelled from outside of the state of Victoria just to see the Grand Prix? I find that very hard to believe!

ShiftingGears
16th September 2010, 13:27
"no tourism benefit for Victoria". Really? You're telling me that not one person travelled from outside of the state of Victoria just to see the Grand Prix? I find that very hard to believe!

I am guessing he means enough tourism benefit to break even with the expenses of hosting the grand prix.

truefan72
16th September 2010, 15:57
I do feel sorry for the Event organizers, surely they would like to reduce ticket prices and have full stands and tons of people. But the kind of ransom money bernie wants for hosting a race makes this an untenable financial situation for most race organizers.

I hope that eventually the race organizers form a strong coalition and apply pressure to reduce the fees for hosting a GP. This is an issue all the tracks have in common, be it Monza, Spa, Turkey, China, or Silverstone. All would like to pay less and have more fans. It is ridiculous to operate a business on the premise that you will loose money every year and eventually bernie and his money grubbing cohorts will pay the price for this unnecessary greed.

UltimateDanGTR
16th September 2010, 16:21
It is ridiculous to operate a business on the premise that you will loose money every year and eventually bernie and his money grubbing cohorts will pay the price for this unnecessary greed.

I hope you're right, I really do.

edv
16th September 2010, 16:41
Major Events Minister Tim Holding defended the race, however, saying it was good for Victoria.

What I find amazing is that Australia has a 'Major Events Minister'! How big is the bloody Cabinet???

ioan
16th September 2010, 19:14
It is ridiculous to operate a business on the premise that you will loose money every year and eventually bernie and his money grubbing cohorts will pay the price for this unnecessary greed.

Spot on.
Either he asks for much less money or he can get his circus to countries where 101 people and their doggies will show up after a couple of years and then he'll come back begging.

truefan72
16th September 2010, 22:13
Spot on.
Either he asks for much less money or he can get his circus to countries where 101 people and their doggies will show up after a couple of years and then he'll come back begging.

yep

As I've said many times, I am willing to have a few years of f1 struggle if it means squeezing out Bernie and his cohorts or knocking some economic sense into their heads.

Saint Devote
17th September 2010, 00:40
The issue is not Bernie - dont you people get it?

Bernie negotiates and drives the hardest bargain for the highesty dollar [or Euro]. Usually it is agreed on a handshake - Bernie is known throughout f1 that his word is his bond. Then the neccessary contracts are written up and the lawyers get to work.

But at the foundation of the enormous sums of money involved is the willingness of governments to fund grands prix. This is not unexpected in a world where capitalism is detested.

This is statism. And it is grossly immoral that ANY government pays for sporting event - some countries, such as Bahrain or Abu Dhabi or China are dictatorships and so on that score, there is no question of government paying, and these places want to be noticed and recognized so what better way than f1?

But countries like Australia should NOT fund anything, regardless. But they do and are prepared to pay Bernie and the voters apparently do not mind.

And thays just the way it is.

And to all the Bernie haters - listen-up: there would BE no f1 today if not for Bernie. And it was the F1 TEAMS, that agreed for Bernie to represent them - because previously, the organizers of the races used to rip the teams off and pay next to nothing and provide race tracks that sometimes resembled dirt tracks.

F1 people, because of Bernie, have become ENORMOUSLY wealthy and they do not complain.

People that attack Bernie are the HEIGHT of ignorance. Know absolutely nothing about Bernie, hsi relationships with drivers and teams and once again merely repeat what the idiots that constitute most of the media feed out.

Start with Bernie and you start with me!

Instead take time to learn just who Bernie is and what he has achieved and why great people such as Frank Williams and Murray Walker have great affection and admiration of the man and why someone such as Sebastian Vettel considers Bernie his closest confidente and his de facto manager.

Let the inevitable stupid responses begin .......

call_me_andrew
17th September 2010, 02:16
I do feel sorry for the Event organizers, surely they would like to reduce ticket prices and have full stands and tons of people. But the kind of ransom money bernie wants for hosting a race makes this an untenable financial situation for most race organizers.

I hope that eventually the race organizers form a strong coalition and apply pressure to reduce the fees for hosting a GP. This is an issue all the tracks have in common, be it Monza, Spa, Turkey, China, or Silverstone. All would like to pay less and have more fans. It is ridiculous to operate a business on the premise that you will loose money every year and eventually bernie and his money grubbing cohorts will pay the price for this unnecessary greed.

I don't think you understand the concept of Price Elasticity of Demand. Organizers are going to charge as much money as they can before tickets become too expensive and reduce revenue.

And if I'm an organizer and I can make as much money with the small crowd as with a large crowd, I'll take the small crowd because I'll save overhead on cleanup and rental charges for portable toilets and parking lots.

ShiftingGears
17th September 2010, 03:06
What I find amazing is that Australia has a 'Major Events Minister'! How big is the bloody Cabinet???

It is not as bad as you expect as ministers can hold several portfolios. Holding, for example, is the Minister for Water; Minister for Finance, WorkCover and the Transport Accident Commission; and Minister for Tourism and Major Events.(In the Victorian State Government)

F1boat
17th September 2010, 06:16
And to all the Bernie haters - listen-up: there would BE no f1 today if not for Bernie. And it was the F1 TEAMS, that agreed for Bernie to represent them - because previously, the organizers of the races used to rip the teams off and pay next to nothing and provide race tracks that sometimes resembled dirt tracks.

F1 people, because of Bernie, have become ENORMOUSLY wealthy and they do not complain.

People that attack Bernie are the HEIGHT of ignorance. Know absolutely nothing about Bernie, hsi relationships with drivers and teams and once again merely repeat what the idiots that constitute most of the media feed out.

Start with Bernie and you start with me!

Instead take time to learn just who Bernie is and what he has achieved and why great people such as Frank Williams and Murray Walker have great affection and admiration of the man and why someone such as Sebastian Vettel considers Bernie his closest confidente and his de facto manager.

Let the inevitable stupid responses begin .......

I agree that Bernie did a lot of good to F1. I am not sure that he is still good for the motorsports. I have the opinion that Max has also done a lot of good to the F1, but in the beginning. In the end he was a terrible dictator, who antagonized the F1 teams. Same with Bernie. He was good for the sport once, not anymore. It's the way with people, by the way. Power wears them.

Ari
17th September 2010, 07:33
Spot on.

Spot on again!

Bernie needs to understand that some people cannot afford the ticket price and some countries operational expense outweighs what the F1 brings.

I pay $415 AUD for a 4 day ticket to the F1 which imo is pretty good value. But I'm a F1 tragic and most are not.

Even that that, the price of my ticket should probably be double that were it to cover the short fall and even then I'd be struggling to justify it when you add up ticket, flights, accom and spendings!

Bernie needs to understand that sometimes the circus can get more from the spectable itself than the ticket price.

All that Bernie should concern himself with is the broadcasting rights imo. Australia proves something which probably only half or less of the venues of the circuit can and for that alone it's quite rightly a major part of the franchise which is F1.

Remove Australia and the flowing picturesque views of palms on Albert Park Lake from the calendar and I think F1 will lose more than just a few bucks from tickets.

Bernie though, will do all he can until the **** hits the fan.

Saint Devote
17th September 2010, 12:15
I agree that Bernie did a lot of good to F1. I am not sure that he is still good for the motorsports. I have the opinion that Max has also done a lot of good to the F1, but in the beginning. In the end he was a terrible dictator, who antagonized the F1 teams. Same with Bernie. He was good for the sport once, not anymore. It's the way with people, by the way. Power wears them.

What you have described is like trying to remove the Steinbrenner years from the Yankees. Its not possible for the team has gotten to where it is BECAUSE of Georgie.

Bernie and f1 as we know it, how it has been developed into the magnificent creation that it is today, is because of one man's firm direction: BCE.

Bernie knows this business from being a world championship winning team principle and driver manager to his position as boss of f1 today.

And he has been so very good for it, and continues to be.

ioan
17th September 2010, 18:00
Bernie is known throughout f1 that his word is his bond.

:rotflmao: I stopped here as I could not read because of the laughs! :rotflmao:

ioan
17th September 2010, 18:04
I pay $415 AUD for a 4 day ticket to the F1 which imo is pretty good value.

Please allow me to disagree.
Watching F1 at a circuit for that money is not worth it, IMO.

I went to only one GP, France 2003 when I was invited by local French authorities, so it was for free, and I have found that it was a useless loss of time.

Watching it on TV gives you more for less money and less hassle.

100 USD for the whole week end is the maximum one should be asked to pay for this kind and level of entertainment.

I fully agree with the rest of your post though. :up:

Dr.Phibes
17th September 2010, 19:31
some countries, such as Bahrain or Abu Dhabi or China are dictatorships

Are you extremely naive or just downright stupid?

Well, everyone here knows the answer, I guess

steveaki13
17th September 2010, 19:57
Are you extremely naive or just downright stupid?

Well, everyone here knows the answer, I guess

Lets not be abusive to people. No one here is stupid and no one should be subjected to this kind of post, regardless of their views.

Im sorry but I don't think its right on a forum where people are all here for their love of F1, to be called stupid.

Just my innocent/naive opinion.

Copse
17th September 2010, 22:39
What you have described is like trying to remove the Steinbrenner years from the Yankees. Its not possible for the team has gotten to where it is BECAUSE of Georgie.

There is a difference between making an attempt to try and remove somebody from the top of what they built, and to see that what they built is crumbling and needs another leader before it collapses. It is not possible to remove Bernie from F1, but it would have been a very good thing if it had been.

We are after all now free of Max, so who knows what the future holds.

Does anybody have insight in who actually owns which rights? If BE died tomorrow, would the power end up with his heirs, or is actually with the investment bankers who just have a deal with BE to run things?

truefan72
17th September 2010, 23:11
I don't think you understand the concept of Price Elasticity of Demand. Organizers are going to charge as much money as they can before tickets become too expensive and reduce revenue.

And if I'm an organizer and I can make as much money with the small crowd as with a large crowd, I'll take the small crowd because I'll save overhead on cleanup and rental charges for portable toilets and parking lots.

LOL I understand Economics very well since I have a master degree in that subject. And things are not as simple as simple supply/demand economics, which is clearly the case since the organizers are operating the business at a net loss even with pushing the revenue margins to the extreme to the tune of over $30 million annually in losses. Portable toilet rentals are the least of their worries and apart from their own parking lots probably don't factor parking lots in as a major equation in their profitability.

The obvious and most glaring aspect is the price they have to pay for the right to host the event, and it is clear that no matter what else they do, it is becoming impossible to at the very least break even.

No event organizer will prefer smaller crowds to a sellout because it requires less work to cleanup afterwards :|

truefan72
17th September 2010, 23:16

excellent post, and that is why in most reasonable countries, presidents and people in power usually have term limits. even major corporations recognize that after a while it's a good thing to change the top management. It is time for Bernie to gracefully exit stage left and let someone else come in who will have a new and sensible approach to crafting contracts with race organizers. Bernie does not care about the long term future of the sport and probably can't see past his own profits and lifetime

Ari
18th September 2010, 02:08
Please allow me to disagree.
Watching F1 at a circuit for that money is not worth it, IMO.

I went to only one GP, France 2003 when I was invited by local French authorities, so it was for free, and I have found that it was a useless loss of time.

Watching it on TV gives you more for less money and less hassle.

100 USD for the whole week end is the maximum one should be asked to pay for this kind and level of entertainment.

I fully agree with the rest of your post though. :up:

I guess for me it's a different meaning, the GP.

I have a number of markwebberforum.com GP mates around Australia and about 20 of us catch up at the GP every year. So it's not just the GP sessions for me but instead of the whole social aspect to get away for a long weekend and drink beers with the boys etc.

If it was JUST the F1 sessions then I would agree with you ioan that it's pricey, but I kinda see it as more than that.

In addition, however, my ticket allows me to sit in 4 different grand stands over the course of the weekend, thurs to sunday, with my Sunday grand stand being the one at the 1st corner.

The average Joe who doesn't follow every F1 race and just jumps on the bandwagon cannot justify spending that much for a ticket though, I know this for a fact as none of my other mates will do it! Every year I invite them along and every year they are all "oh yeah, Ill come........... HOW MUCH!?"

ioan
18th September 2010, 10:39
I guess for me it's a different meaning, the GP.

I have a number of markwebberforum.com GP mates around Australia and about 20 of us catch up at the GP every year. So it's not just the GP sessions for me but instead of the whole social aspect to get away for a long weekend and drink beers with the boys etc.

If it was JUST the F1 sessions then I would agree with you ioan that it's pricey, but I kinda see it as more than that.

In addition, however, my ticket allows me to sit in 4 different grand stands over the course of the weekend, thurs to sunday, with my Sunday grand stand being the one at the 1st corner.

The average Joe who doesn't follow every F1 race and just jumps on the bandwagon cannot justify spending that much for a ticket though, I know this for a fact as none of my other mates will do it! Every year I invite them along and every year they are all "oh yeah, Ill come........... HOW MUCH!?"

It sure differs for each of us, I wasn't alone either, I had several colleagues with me, and I have still found it boring.
On the opposite side I went to several GT races at Magny Cours and for the little money I paid I could visit the pit lane and walk on the starting grid 10 minutes before the races started.
That was worth the money IMO.

I am glad to know that you are having so much fun at the Australian GP, good for you! :up:

Gibbsy
19th September 2010, 13:39

Yes, I have the same problem. I'm not sure about other countries, but in Aus the most attended sport is the local football leagues, an adult ticket can be had for about $17.50. The idea of spending hundreds of dollars to see a motor race (a sport they are far less interested in) is nigh on impossible.

The libertarian in me says that the government shouldn't spend a cent on this event, the racing fan in me hopes the race stays exactly where it is.Needless to say, I'm conflicted.

Saint Devote
19th September 2010, 16:46
Yes, I have the same problem. I'm not sure about other countries, but in Aus the most attended sport is the local football leagues, an adult ticket can be had for about $17.50. The idea of spending hundreds of dollars to see a motor race (a sport they are far less interested in) is nigh on impossible.

The libertarian in me says that the government shouldn't spend a cent on this event, the racing fan in me hopes the race stays exactly where it is.Needless to say, I'm conflicted.

Central to Bernie's idea is that the high attendance is not a requirement. He has often said that 50,000 people at the most all seated with great facilites available is the way it ought to be and 30,000 would be even better.

BCR does not consider the "sports fan" or casual attendee as valuable - why bring down prices just so that costs will rise per capita and require more people to attend? Bernie does NOT WANT lots of spectators - he wants VALUABLE spectators, and I agree with him.

It was the movement away from core f1 devotees that created the current situation where real fans can no longer get close to the pit paddock area.

Attneding a grand prix is not an entitlment and if people cant afford it, well thats too bad. They can watch it on tv.

The price of staging a grand prix in a country has risen because there are nations that have governments prepared to pay and build facilites. So others have to try do the same.

I may be against government funding, but thats the way it is so it does not bother me - as long as my principle is sound and there is nothing I can do about the reality.

Bernie was right to put the pressure he did on Silverstone. He plays a very good game of poker - just ask Kubica and Vettel. Bernie loves racing and is a racer at heart, and he knew how far he could push Silverstone.

What annoyed him - rightly so - was the lavish club house that the BRDC built for themselves while the facilites and the roads into Silverstone were a big disgrace.

But he was also prepared to drop the British GP from the calendar because if they did not change things and ante up, it would devalue the whole F1 brand.

F1 is in the best hands of the man that built f1 and, everyone - other than those will delusions of grandeur - in f1 dreads the day that the great BCE will no longer be around.

truefan72
19th September 2010, 17:30

A very understandable dilemma.
i wonder what means more to bernie. Making an extra $10 million in profits or having a great event.

ioan
19th September 2010, 21:36
i wonder what means more to bernie. Making an extra $10 million in profits or having a great event.

Are you kidding me?!

Saint Devote
19th September 2010, 22:12
I agree the facilities at Silverstone are inferior to most tracks on the calendar, but your point about the roads leading into Silverstone being a disgrace is very puzzling?? I live very local to the track and as far as I am aware the road system has been vastly improved since 2002. It virtually has a motorway leading straight to the track and has done for some years.

If you are stating that the road system was one of the reason's why Bernie squeezed Silverstone, then why was that not a factor with Donnington? They had the advantage of possible investment for better facilities, but access to the track was no where near as good as the Northamptonshire circuit.

I think I should rather have mentioned the car park than the roads - but I have not been there some time.

I have no idea about Donnington - whether BCE really considered it an alternative or used it as a bargaining chip.

Whatever the case, Sliverstone did what it had to.

I remember not being happy that Brands Hatch lost the race and still think that it was a nice arrangement alternating. Unfortunately the aero cars of today could not handle the track.

I always preferred Brands Hatch but that was I think sweetened because I attended my first ever race in Britain as a kid at the 1974 British Grand Prix and Jody won :D

Saint Devote
19th September 2010, 22:14
A very understandable dilemma.

Bernie always manages a "great event" - its a grand prix! - otherwise there will be no extra profit.

truefan72
20th September 2010, 01:05
I agree the facilities at Silverstone are inferior to most tracks on the calendar, but your point about the roads leading into Silverstone being a disgrace is very puzzling?? I live very local to the track and as far as I am aware the road system has been vastly improved since 2002. It virtually has a motorway leading straight to the track and has done for some years.

If you are stating that the road system was one of the reason's why Bernie squeezed Silverstone, then why was that not a factor with Donnington? They had the advantage of possible investment for better facilities, but access to the track was no where near as good as the Northamptonshire circuit.

There is a good chance that he's never been to silverstone...at least not in this millennium

truefan72
20th September 2010, 01:06
Are you kidding me?!

more of a rhetorical question http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

AndyRAC
20th September 2010, 08:40
Surely holding a GP is an unsustainable operation. The fees to just hold an event are ridiculous!! Meaning that ticket prices et al are extremely high. Maybe organisers need to join together and refuse to pay these exhorbitant prices.
Bernie has done alot for the sport - but not recently - it's now just a money making exercise.
Just out of interest - how much is a ticket for an Aussie V8 race?

ShiftingGears
20th September 2010, 10:17

http://www.v8supercarevents.com.au/Sydney/tickets_GeneralAdmission.htm

That is for the final race at Olympic Park.

http://bathurst.v8supercars.com.au/tickets/generaladmission/tabid/866/default.aspx

And that is for the Bathurst 1000.

Just two examples- I would imagine they would be some of the most expensive along with Surfers Paradise and Phillip Island.

ioan
20th September 2010, 19:14
more of a rhetorical question http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

:)

UltimateDanGTR
20th September 2010, 20:57
If a venue hosts a grand prix it should expect to see a good turn out and a nice profit. that should be the attraction of a grand prix.

gaining a profit out of a gp weekend for a track owner nowadays seems like a privilige.

ioan
20th September 2010, 21:14
If a venue hosts a grand prix it should expect to see a good turn out and a nice profit. that should be the attraction of a grand prix.

gaining a profit out of a gp weekend for a track owner nowadays seems like a privilige.

I never understood why they keep doing it, even fighting for a place in it, when honestly, it's like some kind of very expensive masochism.

Ari
21st September 2010, 01:13
I never understood why they keep doing it, even fighting for a place in it, when honestly, it's like some kind of very expensive masochism.

Exactly.

I think there's a fallacy that somehow hosting a Grand Prix is going to make you a better City or better Country and this alone makes the price justifiable. Does it though? I don't know.

In Melbourne it costs the STATE Government 50million to put the event on. What do they get from that? A little exposure to the outside world?

The thing which I find most hilarious though is that the exposure Melbourne gives itself over GP weekend is 3 days of local TV and feel good stories and footage of little holiday hideaways in the mountains. All good and fun. But, what the rest of the world see's is 100 minutes of GP and a big Melbourne sign across the front straight when they clock in at 4:50pm local time. The whole thing is a bit of a con. What I see of Monza is about what they see of my GP, just a track with a bunch of cars. Where is the local promotion in that?

Saint Devote
21st September 2010, 01:29
Surely holding a GP is an unsustainable operation. The fees to just hold an event are ridiculous!! Meaning that ticket prices et al are extremely high. Maybe organisers need to join together and refuse to pay these exhorbitant prices.
Bernie has done alot for the sport - but not recently - it's now just a money making exercise.

Organizers are contracted to meet agreed payments in order to stage the GP and no matter what they do the still have to pay.

There are a host of countries seeking to hold a grand prix ..........

Without Bernie tehre would be no f1. It would be dreadful and maybe at best on par with the days of the f3000 series which eventually died.

Just remember, the reason why Bernie is where he is, is because prior to the teams getting together and ASKING Bernie to represent them, organizers were in many cases DOGS.

Teams had to fight organizers for start money and prize money that they were reluctant to hand over, safety requests were normally ignored, facilites in the pit and paddock were basic and in fact being in motor racing was always a struggle in f1 and depended really on generous wealthy enthusiasts.

Bernie brought f1 into the professional sports arena - including televising it worldwide - and MANY folk in f1 became wealthy as a result. Formula 1 is much better than it ever was and is a sport that leads the world.

Bernie for as long as I remember has ALWAYS been attacked and criticized by outsiders mostly, but even those within the f1 family who point a finger, usually anonymously, have never tried to undermine his position.

They know better and where their bread is buttered.

Bernie IS f1 and we are extremely fortunate to have a person such as he, leading. God bless him :D

Saint Devote
21st September 2010, 01:35

Well, thats what they WANT you to believe. BUt it also depends on the accounting involved.

Depending on the tax regime in any country, the organizer will use sound accounting advice.

They can use cash flow method or usual profit and loss and write off costs to the point where profit as they may complain about is a techincal excercise at best. In addition they are not public companies with stockholders so ....

I dont believe a word of it. Somewhere money is being made [or channeled] and if it is not, and taxpayers are prepared to fund it, then the point is moot.

So the Australian organizers are crying? Crocodile tears.

Ari
21st September 2010, 02:16
Saint Devote..... is this you? :p

http://blog.ilmatemagico.com/images-ilblogsonoio-2/Fabiana-Flosi.jpg

Saint Devote
21st September 2010, 03:31
:eek: :D

Anyway, why? I have no idea who that woman is!

gloomyDAY
21st September 2010, 04:39
:eek: :D

Anyway, why? I have no idea who that woman is!Bernie's piece of tail.

Have to admit that the old man has great taste!

truefan72
21st September 2010, 06:40
Bernie's piece of tail.

Have to admit that the old man has great taste!

or that a younger attractive woman would put up with a much older shorter, unattractive, scrooge of a man because he has a lot of money. willing to do what it takes to get that jet set lifestyle, some jewelry, a few nice things, and if she can stick it out, a small token in the will.

I don't know whether to salute her for her sheer determination or abhor her for her for giving up her body and good years for a some bling.

ioan
21st September 2010, 17:49
There are a host of countries seeking to hold a grand prix ..........

Let them have it. They won't hold them more than a couple of years anyway.

Saint Devote
22nd September 2010, 01:25
Lets not be abusive to people. No one here is stupid and no one should be subjected to this kind of post, regardless of their views.

Im sorry but I don't think its right on a forum where people are all here for their love of F1, to be called stupid.

Just my innocent/naive opinion.

:D :D thanks auld sport!

Saint Devote
22nd September 2010, 01:32
Let them have it. They won't hold them more than a couple of years anyway.

:D
Bernie does not sign two year contracts and the money is payable upfront.

Saint Devote
22nd September 2010, 01:36
or that a younger attractive woman would put up with a much older shorter, unattractive, scrooge of a man because he has a lot of money. willing to do what it takes to get that jet set lifestyle, some jewelry, a few nice things, and if she can stick it out, a small token in the will.

I don't know whether to salute her for her sheer determination or abhor her for her for giving up her body and good years for a some bling.

Why do you keep on attacking Bernie when it is clear to anyone that knows Bernies's history in f1 and how those in f1 and formerly in f1 consider him?

You really have written offensive nonsense - maybe the truth is that you are envious of BCE. Nothing like success to annoy resenters!

In addition, what you have written about his girlfriend is libelous and disgraceful.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

If I were Pino, I would not only remove the offensive post [which if not done infers that the web site tacitly agrees with it] but I would ban you.

gloomyDAY
22nd September 2010, 02:35
Well, I hope that the Australian Grand Prix still continues at Albert Park. I was gutted when I found out that Bore-ain GP was going to take its stead as the first race of the entire season. Never made any sense and this season's first race was terrible, followed by an exciting Ozzy race.

I don't know whether to salute her for her sheer determination or abhor her for her for giving up her body and good years for a some bling.hahaha! :D

If I were Pino, I would not only remove the offensive post [which if not done infers that the web site tacitly agrees with it] but I would ban you. :rolleyes: STFU! Quit trying to treat everyone like a puppet on strings.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for trolling every thread on the F1 forum.

Tazio
22nd September 2010, 03:06
:rolleyes: STFU! Quit trying to treat everyone like a puppet on strings.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for trolling every thread on the F1 forum.

:fasttalk: :s nore: +1 :up: :burnout:

Saint Devote
22nd September 2010, 03:42
There is a difference between making an attempt to try and remove somebody from the top of what they built, and to see that what they built is crumbling and needs another leader before it collapses. It is not possible to remove Bernie from F1, but it would have been a very good thing if it had been.

We are after all now free of Max, so who knows what the future holds.

Does anybody have insight in who actually owns which rights? If BE died tomorrow, would the power end up with his heirs, or is actually with the investment bankers who just have a deal with BE to run things?

:rotflmao: F1 is crumbling and heading for collapse?

We moved from Metternich to Balestre to Mosely to Todt - and he is doing well in typical JT fashion preferring to manage from behind rather than in front like Max did without a loud voice.

We have had various times of upheaval in f1 with 1981 alone making what happened in 2009 look positively tame by comparison.

We have a championship that in 2009 turned f1 upside down and this year there is a five way fight for the title last seen in earnest 36 years ago.

In a couple of years we will have an exciting new formula.

What will happen when Bernie is no longer around?

Anyone knowing BCE will be sure that he had already made preparatio for that. Nobody can replace him.

But he does have good people that are "Bernies boys and girls" and he has always looked after those in his circle extremely well, including when he was a multiple F1 world championship winning team principal.

I reckon will see perhaps three or so people filling the one function that Bernie does and I would not at all be surprised to discover that Luca di will be directly connected somewhere - perhaps even his good friend Flavio.

F1 was built by Bernie, it is being well managed by him, and it will be left in good hands, do not fear.

ioan
22nd September 2010, 17:21
:D
Bernie does not sign two year contracts and the money is payable upfront.

Yeah sure. What else? He is going to extortionate the millions if one day Ahmadinejad, for example, will decide to tell him to bugger off?!

When will people understand that all contracts can be broken, that nowadays nothing is paid in advance and that Bernie is just bernie, not superman?!

ioan
22nd September 2010, 17:23
If I were Pino, I would not only remove the offensive post [which if not done infers that the web site tacitly agrees with it] but I would ban you.

Stop talking rubbish, there was no offensive post.

Saint Devote
23rd September 2010, 02:21
Stop talking rubbish, there was no offensive post.

Dont get your knickers in a twist about it.

They just have nothing say but want to be noticed.

Big Ben
23rd September 2010, 21:13
Donīt flatter yourself sainty. Just because Pino doesnīt delete all your posts doesnīt mean he agrees with you. How did you come to such a silly conclusion?