PDA

View Full Version : Are HRT about to (sort of cheat) to get points this year ?

CNR
16th September 2010, 00:39
http://blogs.bettor.com/Pedro-de-la-Rosa-a-possible-future-with-HRT-a27375
Pedro de la Rosa - a possible future with HRT?

The Spanish press have reported that the Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT F1) is seeking the possibility of signing Spanish racer Pedro de la Rosa for the end of the season, since the 39-year-old was dropped by Sauber earlier this week.

Roamy
16th September 2010, 00:48
if they wanted to cheat they would hire MS

Roamy
16th September 2010, 00:51
It is all down to budget - Does HRT have next years budget?? Does Virgin matter of fact does Sauber??? Does Red Bull want to carry Toro. You can cheat all you want but for what .

maximilian
16th September 2010, 02:30
I am afraid even if they put Alonso or Hamilton in that car, they won't score a point. They are just too far behind the pace, I doubt any driver could make that up...

Valve Bounce
16th September 2010, 04:15
I am afraid even if they put Alonso or Hamilton in that car, they won't score a point. They are just too far behind the pace, I doubt any driver could make that up...

You missed seeing Flav on the Monza startline, I take it.

Hawkmoon
16th September 2010, 10:13
How is putting de la Rosa in the car even remotely related to cheating? :confused:

CNR
16th September 2010, 10:17
How is putting de la Rosa in the car even remotely related to cheating? :confused:

as a driver he will take 6 points with his name to hrt giving them the driver with the most points of the new teams ?

electron
16th September 2010, 10:50
... and so?

this does nothing to the team as these points still remain sauber team points.
HRT will not get money or anything from it.

I am evil Homer
16th September 2010, 11:05
Exactly...someone is getting confused.

Ranger
16th September 2010, 11:18
as a driver he will take 6 points with his name to hrt giving them the driver with the most points of the new teams ?

No. WCC points are awarded to the car number, not the driver.

Robinho
16th September 2010, 11:58
but he will be able to take that Ferrari intellectual property he acquired at McLaren, as well as the McLaren and Sauber stuff, with him, which could be pretty hany for the team tooling around at the back

I am evil Homer
16th September 2010, 12:02
Ha like that made any difference to Sauber...methinks Pedro's "knowledge" is not as useful as people think given all the rule changes over the last few years.

Sleeper
16th September 2010, 17:21
Silly season is in full swing I take it. As far as HRT is concerned, if he's got no money hes got no drive.

Nikki Katz
16th September 2010, 18:27
I doubt that anyone could score in the current Hispania except in an amazingly high attrition race. It's high attrition which is why they're still ahead of Virgin, after all.
If they could afford to care about their drivers being competitive then they wouldn't have dropped Chandhok for Yamamoto. Klien seems to be the best of their current 4 drivers, for experience even if nothing else, but he's unlikely to start any races this season if at all.

Sonic
17th September 2010, 20:21
*head hits keyboard*

ijjjluerp;hiwqpgoewfqip0hegpihafnm

:rolleyes:

Seriously.

Dr. Krogshöj
17th September 2010, 21:46
After reading the first two post of this thread I'm just proud I'm an F1 fan. :rolleyes:

DazzlaF1
17th September 2010, 23:34
No. WCC points are awarded to the car number, not the driver.

Correct, just because a driver swaps teams does not mean their points can be transferred over, drivers can increase their score if they drive for 2 teams, 3 or even more in a season. But whatever points a driver scores for a certain team stays with that team in the WCC and cannot be transferred over or shared with another team. Its been the WCC's golden rule throughout its existence.

Same goes for finishing positions, de la Rosa has a couple of 11th places with Sauber, 2 places better than any of the newbies have managed this season, that cant be transferred either.