PDA

View Full Version : Rally Day

whereschris
15th September 2010, 08:20
Hi there

Is anyone going to this or do you know much about it? Is it any good? http://www.rallyday.com/

It's a fair treck for me but if it's a good day I might make the effort. I think it said that Latvala will be there....

Cheers

Mintexmemory
15th September 2010, 09:10
Unfortunately not, it clashes with Goodwood Revival and that is unmissable in my calendar. The news item on the website does say that JML will be there as well as Stig B so a good day in prospect.

whereschris
15th September 2010, 09:19
Cheers. So it is something you would go to if it didn't clash? Its about a 300 mile round trip for me so didn't want to go if it's not that great - rather save the cash for Wales!

Cheers

RJM
15th September 2010, 10:06
I went last year and it was great! There's loads of action all day, it'll be worth the trip I'm sure, especially if it's not raining!

RJM
15th September 2010, 10:09
....but I wouldn't swap it for Wales tho.

whereschris
15th September 2010, 10:47
God no! but it will be great to see the old cars etc up close as well as JML giving it some!
Thanks for your advice.

Mintexmemory
16th September 2010, 09:03
Sorry didn't reply yestyerday. If there wasn't a clash I would go. Unfortunately I've missed Chatsworth every time it's been held since I got back into rallying after a 25 year lay off, so Castle Coombe would be a definite. It's just annoying that the FIA hasn't separated F1 and WRC enough so that CC could be held on an F1 weekend. Goodwood relies on the F1 circus being available. Distance isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned but then I'm the sort of person who'll travel from Kent to Greystoke and Kielder to get soaked watching 2 days of the Roger Albert (600 mile round trip). Thank god Ypres is much nearer :)

306 Cosworth
16th September 2010, 20:04
If you miss this event this year, we are filming this event for a 1 hour programme which will be on Motors TV :)

whereschris
16th September 2010, 21:43
It's decided then! I'll report back. Looking forward to it.

turves
16th September 2010, 22:29
Haven't been to Rally Day, but went to Chatsworth this year, and if it is anything like that it'll be fun.

If you fancy having a look, my photo's from Chatsworth are on their website -

http://www.therallyshow.org/gallery/

Click on Rally Show 2010, then Paul Turvey

I'd be interested in any comments...

whereschris
17th September 2010, 07:37
Great. I like the ones of the focus with Henning at the wheel!