PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

RICARDO75
9th December 2010, 14:31
Bernardo Sousa had said in an interview on Portuguese television that he wanted to be on the Rallye Monte Carlo. After all, I'm almost certainly that he did not send registration. I do not believe it had been refused.

morganmilan
9th December 2010, 14:53
Bernardo Sousa had said in an interview on Portuguese television that he wanted to be on the Rallye Monte Carlo. After all, I'm almost certainly that he did not send registration. I do not believe it had been refused.
Sure. There are many drivers less talented than Sousa in entry list

mousti
9th December 2010, 15:11
Btw... where are all those GTs?!? Where's Dumas, where's d'Aste?!?
Like I already thought the rules of the FIA are way too strict that probably no GT who's rallying already in championships will meet those rules..

And U say Henning topfavorite? lol he's fast yeah but Petter has more talent for sure he even beated Henning sometimes with the crappy Subaru. Don't forget Bouffier, Loix etc. There's no absolute topfavorite and for sure with that Tyre lottery again.

So no Kimi also no Battle between the F1 guys :( and Basso could be indeed a Fiesta hoping he get a Ford program like Mikkelsen had though he had got nice money from Hankook also

FabiaFan
9th December 2010, 15:24
Like I already thought the rules of the FIA are way too strict that probably no GT who's rallying already in championships will meet those rules..

And U say Henning topfavorite? lol he's fast yeah but Petter has more talent for sure he even beated Henning sometimes with the crappy Subaru. Don't forget Bouffier, Loix etc. There's no absolute topfavorite and for sure with that Tyre lottery again.

So no Kimi also no Battle between the F1 guys :( and Basso could be indeed a Fiesta hoping he get a Ford program like Mikkelsen had though he had got nice money from Hankook also
Bouffier, Loix,... = the second wave only, in a clear distance; Petter, because of the car, only between this group and the other top northern European (Skoda and Ford) drivers. This is my prediction, we will see...

(the difference between Petter and ... Juho for example is not as big as between Peugeot and Skoda...)

RS
9th December 2010, 16:02
(the difference between Petter and ... Juho for example is not as big as between Peugeot and Skoda...)

I don't think the gap between the Skoda and Peugeot is as big on asphalt as it is on gravel. The Peugeot should still be quite competitive on Monte.

mousti
9th December 2010, 16:08
Bouffier, Loix,... = the second wave only, in a clear distance; Petter, because of the car, only between this group and the other top northern European (Skoda and Ford) drivers. This is my prediction, we will see...

There has still been no proof that the Ford is faster then the 207 maybe if Basso also drives a Fiesta we'll see who's the better one.. But no for me still the Peugeot stronger especially because Petter, Bryan etc are driving top 207's with all new features and will have tested also in the region of the MC stages.

And Loix can for sure handle Henning if Tsjoen already could drive top 8 times in the Elzas as a "gentleman" driver ;) Don't forget he may not have driven Monte Carlo in last years the conditions stay the same each year and he did the event many times in the WRC so he know how it is..

RS
9th December 2010, 16:13
Seeing the list and the weather conditions right now, it would be among Henning, Hanninen and Mikkelsen, noone else...

Not sure about Mikkelsen, he has not done Monte before I think.

Juho should be a strong contendor whatever the conditions; he has two years Monte experience now and is much better on asphalt now than he was two or even one year ago. Last year he drove cautiously but achieved a good result.

Gardemeister could go well if the conditons are tricky too; he has several Monte podiums and now he is in a better car after two Montes in a Punto. I would really like to see Toni do well.

It would be great if we had really mixed conditions on the rally; if we have some dry asphalt too then drivers like Loix, Basso, Kopecky and Vouilloz could come to the fore.

Tom206wrc
9th December 2010, 16:28
Why no Cetinkaya on entrylist ??? Has she been refused or hasn't sent her entryform :confused:

Tom206wrc
9th December 2010, 16:31
No chance, wrong car... ;-) In WRC he always had better car compared to his brother, now he has no chance against Henning...

:rolleyes:

Sulland
9th December 2010, 16:33
Btw... where are all those GTs?!? Where's Dumas, where's d'Aste?!?

Have not seen anything on that IRC have allowed them, and the regulations are not finalized either yet. On the IRC site the regs seems to be the same as in 2010.

Hopefully IRC will upgrade their regs based on the FIA Regional Champ rules once they are out in 2011 version !

Mirek
9th December 2010, 17:01

You seems to know a bit too much before the battle, sir. You should look into history. Everything is possible in Monte Carlo. To win the rally without any stage victory, to lead by several minutes and crash etc. You also seem to underestimate Peugeot a lot. This is no gravel event where they are lacking.

Anyway great entry list even without some expected names!

FabiaFan
9th December 2010, 18:40
You seems to know a bit too much before the battle, sir. You should look into history. Everything is possible in Monte Carlo. To win the rally without any stage victory, to lead by several minutes and crash etc. You also seem to underestimate Peugeot a lot. This is no gravel event where they are lacking.

Anyway great entry list even without some expected names!

Everything USED TO BE POSSIBLE at Monte, but those times are gone and away... Now in the modern times only favourites take the win... No more R5 Alpine against private Carreras... Gone with the wind and with the global marketing...

Mirek
9th December 2010, 18:54
Hehe, just go back to 2009 and watch the progress stage by stage. That's showing how it didn't change at all. Ogier won the rally from being 6th or so after all infront of him suffered some problems.

2009 Ogier's SS results were like this and he still won:

SS1: 5. +24
SS2: 5. +40
SS3: 7. +29
SS4: 4. +22
SS5: 3. +16
SS6: 5. +29
SS7: 2. +11
SS8: 5. +12
SS9: 2. +9
SS10: 1. -10
SS11: 5. +28
SS12: 8. +1:14
SS13: 6. +59
SS14: 5. +24

And that's still possible. You don't have three people to win but much more (of course not 50).

darkstar
9th December 2010, 19:04
mirek is defenetly right...

mousti
9th December 2010, 19:12
For sure is Mirek right, with the tyre lottery there can be by some big favourites faults been made that can cost a loss of a minute on one stage. Also the stages are very tricky and for sure with the night stages and the black ice (Meeke last year). And another thing it's the IRC we had almost every rally not a absolute topfavorite there were always some contenders to win and almost every it stayed exciting till the end.

Mirek
9th December 2010, 19:18
And the funny thing is that a year later in 2010 Ogier was exactly on the opposite side - fastest but with problems :)

PLuto
9th December 2010, 19:24
Monte isnt about to be fastest, but be first in finish.

wwbroe
9th December 2010, 19:32
I couldn't agree more with you guys. :up:

mousti
9th December 2010, 19:39
Monte isnt about to be fastest, but be first in finish.
Yep indeed and that's why I want Neuville drive like Magalhaes last year safely a bit fast but not at 100% and with that he can finish in points with this damn tough entry list..

Though Peugeot Belux didn't confirm the program yet for 2011 :(

FabiaFan
9th December 2010, 20:38
Hehe, just go back to 2009 and watch the progress stage by stage. That's showing how it didn't change at all. Ogier won the rally from being 6th or so after all infront of him suffered some problems.

2009 Ogier's SS results were like this and he still won:

And that's still possible. You don't have three people to win but much more (of course not 50).

OK, good example, you're right... if all the favourites named by me will have problems, Petter might even win!

urabus-denoS2000
9th December 2010, 22:13
Can Kubica possibly drive the S1600 ? It's homologation ends in 2011 ?

PLuto
10th December 2010, 00:15
He can drive S1600 without problems.

Loeb 05
10th December 2010, 02:08
Since Monday, Skoda was in test for Monte Carlo with lots of drivers (10 cars in Monte Carlo). Here you can see some of my pictures, all the rest at http://www.Only-rally.com ;)

Loix started on Monday:

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/tests___koda_monte_carlo/large/Loix--7-.JPG

Direct link to the gallery (http://only-rally.com/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=gallery&id=36&Itemid=156)

On Tuesday, Kopecky drove the Fabia:

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_kopecky___7_d__cembre/large/Kopecky--36-.JPG

Direct link to the gallery (http://only-rally.com/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=gallery&id=37&Itemid=157)

And to finish, Hänninen made the show on Wednesday:

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_h__nninen___8_d__cembre/large/H--nninen--24-.JPG

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_h__nninen___8_d__cembre/large/H--nninen--35-.JPG

Direct link to the gallery (http://only-rally.com/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=gallery&id=38&Itemid=158)

--> Direct link for all 3 galleries and more: ICI (http://only-rally.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=155)

TheFlyingTuga
10th December 2010, 02:27
New paint job for the Skodas??

10th December 2010, 07:54
Great paint job for the Skodas.

Are they running BF Goodrich or Michelin? Juho's car has the Michelin sticker on the bumper

Sulland
10th December 2010, 08:41
Do anyone know who Brynildsen will rent his car from in 2011 ?

fdebruyne
10th December 2010, 08:46
Great paint job for the Skodas.

Are they running BF Goodrich or Michelin? Juho's car has the Michelin sticker on the bumper

I think they just added extra stickers, all 3 days same plate...

MJW
10th December 2010, 08:47
Do anyone know who Brynildsen will rent his car from in 2011 ?
I thought Brynildsen owns the car and pays for on event support (when they turn up)

Loeb 05
10th December 2010, 10:14
I think they just added extra stickers, all 3 days same plate...

Exactly, this is a test car so no definitive paint. In fact, the car is green and the white is make by stickers.

On those 3 days, the drivers ran sometimes with BF Goodrich, sometimes with Michelin, to use the stock available !

RS
10th December 2010, 11:10
New co-driver for Kopecky?

Sulland
10th December 2010, 11:33
[quote="MJW"]I thought Brynildsen owns the car and pays for on event support (when they turn up)[/QUOTE00]

No, as far as I know he rents the whole package. At first he rented from RGRS and when that fell apart he rented from JM Racing, but I might be wrong of course !

wwbroe
10th December 2010, 11:50
I thought Brynildsen owns the car and pays for on event support (when they turn up)[/QUOTE00]

No, as far as I know he rents the whole package. At first he rented from RGRS and when that fell apart he rented from JM Racing, but I might be wrong of course !

I think you are right, it was same car all the time, first rented from RGRS. That car was sold to JM Engineering where Brynildssen rented it again, at least that is what i know off.

Loeb 05
10th December 2010, 12:22
New co-driver for Kopecky?

I think Mosny was his codriver only for test, I don't think he switched with Stary but we will see.

PLuto
10th December 2010, 16:12
I think Mosny was his codriver only for test, I don't think he switched with Stary but we will see.

Yes, it was only for test. Petr Stary has also normal (non-rally) job, so on some long tests he is replaced by Jan Mozny.

Tom206wrc
10th December 2010, 16:22
And when Petter Solberg has his pre-Monte-Carlo tests :confused:

mousti
10th December 2010, 16:46
Exactly, this is a test car so no definitive paint. In fact, the car is green and the white is make by stickers.

On those 3 days, the drivers ran sometimes with BF Goodrich, sometimes with Michelin, to use the stock available !
U sure about white is the sticker then they did alot of work and remember test car last year was fully white..

Also Michelin and BF Goorrich is the same I thought? Michelin wanted to remove the complete Michelin brand from rally and replace it by their "co"-brand BFgoodrich to make it more known to the public.. It suprises me that Michelen logos are on the cars maybe they'll bring the brand back again to rally? =)

Josti
10th December 2010, 17:14
Also Michelin and BF Goorrich is the same I thought? Michelin wanted to remove the complete Michelin brand from rally and replace it by their "co"-brand BFgoodrich to make it more known to the public.. It suprises me that Michelen logos are on the cars maybe they'll bring the brand back again to rally? =)

Well, they are the sole suppliers in WRC next year...

Loeb 05
10th December 2010, 17:16
I'm sure for white stickers, just look this picture:

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_h__nninen___8_d__cembre/large/H--nninen--21-.JPG

You see well the green under the white sticker.

About BF Goodrich and Michelin, like in WRC next year, Michelin will be back as a manufacturer for motorsport.

It's true that Michelin and BF Goodrich is the same product, it was only a marketing question. For the tests, Michelin brought the new tyres for next year but they used also the old BF Goodrich.

darkstar
10th December 2010, 17:44
new sarrazin testvideo: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg14co_essais-sarrazin-207_sport

mousti
10th December 2010, 17:55
I'm sure for white stickers, just look this picture:

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_h__nninen___8_d__cembre/large/H--nninen--21-.JPG

You see well the green under the white sticker.

About BF Goodrich and Michelin, like in WRC next year, Michelin will be back as a manufacturer for motorsport.

It's true that Michelin and BF Goodrich is the same product, it was only a marketing question. For the tests, Michelin brought the new tyres for next year but they used also the old BF Goodrich.
Yup indeed that's right of the stickers, weird they did that work on their test car..

And thanks to bringing that up from Michelin back to rally :)

Tom206wrc
11th December 2010, 13:55
I already can't wait for the event to start :bounce:

Therefore, still more than one month to wait :mark:

rallyfiend
11th December 2010, 14:47
Yup indeed that's right of the stickers, weird they did that work on their test car..

And thanks to bringing that up from Michelin back to rally :)

Stops the base paintwork from being damaged during testing. Also common for teams to stick plastic etc over the rear wheel flares to stop stones etc from damaging the paintwork on pre-event tests.

mousti
11th December 2010, 18:17
Test Wilks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agt6oUPxLDI

Bang bang is louder and more explosive and sounds now like the Fabia's :)

RS
11th December 2010, 18:33
This almost sounds like a totally new engine in the Peugeot; it's very different from previously. Much more grunty and less tinny sounding. It is more like the Fabia now, although not quite as good :)

In fact the S2000s now seem to bang more than WRCars, even the new 1.6T ones.

darkstar
11th December 2010, 20:54
another video blocked in germany because of the music...taylor swift... :rolleyes:

OldF
11th December 2010, 20:56
Test Wilks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agt6oUPxLDI

Bang bang is louder and more explosive and sounds now like the Fabia's :)

Isn’t he doing the tests in a little bit wrong conditions?

But can’t wait for the start of Monte. Still over a month of painful waiting.

wwbroe
11th December 2010, 21:07
Isn’t he doing the tests in a little bit wrong conditions?

But can’t wait for the start of Monte. Still over a month of painful waiting.

I agree with you, this test was on dry tarmac. The chances of having these kind of conditions on Monte will be very small i suppose. Alltough you never now ofcourse. :D

Francis44
11th December 2010, 21:38
That was probably just a test so Wilks could get the hands on the new machinery. I think they will test later in proper conditions :) .

noel157
12th December 2010, 00:21
That was probably just a test so Wilks could get the hands on the new machinery. I think they will test later in proper conditions :) .

Exactly, first proper run. Winter testing soon.

RS
12th December 2010, 09:58
new sarrazin testvideo: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg14co_essais-sarrazin-207_sport

Looks fast and committed :up:

morganmilan
12th December 2010, 10:28
Is Grave new permanent codriver for Bruno Magalhaes or only for the Monte?

Francis44
12th December 2010, 11:21
Is Grave new permanent codriver for Bruno Magalhaes or only for the Monte?

Atleast for Monte Carlo, and probably for the season aswell.

morganmilan
12th December 2010, 11:41
Atleast for Monte Carlo, and probably for the season aswell.
Thnx Francis. What about his brother? No more rallying?

Francis44
12th December 2010, 11:59
Thnx Francis. What about his brother? No more rallying?

They have the same surname but they are not brothers :D . Carlos Magalhães left Peugeot Portugal and is rumoured to codrive Daniel Oliveira in the WRC with a Mini.

morganmilan
12th December 2010, 12:15
They have the same surname but they are not brothers :D . Carlos Magalhães left Peugeot Portugal and is rumoured to codrive Daniel Oliveira in the WRC with a Mini.
My fault then :D Thnx

PLuto
12th December 2010, 12:20

He will codrive Daniel.

Tom206wrc
12th December 2010, 12:32
I doubt Oliveira to do better in the Mini than in the 207 this year though :mark:

About Rally Monte-Carlo, no rumour about what car Giandomenico Basso will drive there :confused:

Sulland
12th December 2010, 13:07
Just imagine if Sweden had a similar lineup as we see in MC - with so many drivers with a possibility to win.

Dreaming is still free !

Mise
12th December 2010, 18:01
Just imagine if Sweden had a similar lineup as we see in MC - with so many drivers with a possibility to win.

Dreaming is still free !

Don't dream "out loud" otherwice FIA will ruin that too :D

jbmarcus21
13th December 2010, 12:13
3D viewer SS Monte Carlo 2011
http://planetemarcus.free.fr/newsrallyes2011.htm

RS
13th December 2010, 12:47
Who is running Gardemeister's 207 for Monte?

cali
13th December 2010, 12:51
Who is running Gardemeister's 207 for Monte?
Should be Astra

PLuto
13th December 2010, 13:50
It will be Astra.

Tom206wrc
13th December 2010, 16:15
Perhaps a 207 S2000 from Ereffe(Italy)for Robert Kubica :eek: :confused:

mm1
13th December 2010, 16:54
That would be nice!

darkstar
13th December 2010, 19:08
vouilloz testing for monte: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvdu6sG-D-M&feature=sub

Mirek
13th December 2010, 19:18
Wau

Francis44
13th December 2010, 19:20
Good good good very good pace.

dimviii
13th December 2010, 19:39
nice video :)

mousti
13th December 2010, 20:32
Eurosport Monte Carlo Time Schedule!
Wednesday 19 January
10:00 uur-11: 00hrs: LIVE SS1 Le Moulinon - Antraigues (Eurosport 2 & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
11:30 uur-12: 45hrs: LIVE SS2 Burzet - St Martial (Eurosport 2 & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
14:00 uur-15: 00hrs: LIVE SS3 St Bonnet - St Bonnet (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
16:00 uur-17: 15 uur: LIVE SS4 St Bonnet - St Bonnet (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
19:45 uur-20: 15 uur: Hoogtepunten van Day One (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
Thursday 20 January
12:15 uur-14: 00hrs: LIVE SS5 St Jean en Royans - Carrefour des 3 routes en LIVE SS6 Cimetière de Vassieux-Col de Gaudissart (Eurosport 2 & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
16:00 uur-17: 45hrs: LIVE SS7 St Jean en Royans - Carrefour des 3 routes en LIVE SS8 Cimetière de Vassieux-Col de Gaudissart (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
19:30 uur-20: 00hrs: Highlights van dag twee (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
Friday 21 January
19:00 uur-20: 45hrs: Hoogtepunten van SS9 Montauban s / Ouveze - Eygalayes, LIVE SS10 Moulinet - La Bollène-Vesubie en LIVE SS11 Lantosque - Luceram (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
23:00 uur-01: 00hrs: LIVE SS12 Moulinet - La Bollène-Vesubie en LIVE SS13 Lantosque - Luceram (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)
Sunday 23 January
19:45 uur-20: 15 uur: Rally Review (Eurosport)

And indeed Vouilloz is going for it, very nice!

OldF
13th December 2010, 20:41
vouilloz testing for monte: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvdu6sG-D-M&feature=sub

Looks very nice. There was some kind of sensor on the roof between 5:15-5:50. Correvit sensor?

Mirek
13th December 2010, 20:44
It's only onboard camera. Shots will be incuded in video of guys from extremrallye.com ;)

Ondra WRC
13th December 2010, 21:30
Video from test Nicolas Vouilloz with onboard cam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtLUX1qNHHY&feature=sub

OldF
13th December 2010, 22:11
It's only onboard camera. Shots will be incuded in video of guys from extremrallye.com ;)

OK, then it was a bit funny question from me. :) Don’t remembering seeing onboard cameras before on the roof.

14th December 2010, 02:56
Looks like a Go Pro HD on the roof. Ogier had something similar during shakedown in NZ

pettersolberg29
14th December 2010, 10:46
Conditions almost perfect Monte conditions - http://www.andreasmikkelsen.no/blog/winter-in-the-french-mountains/

wwbroe
14th December 2010, 10:50
Yesterday there was test with Loix and Mikkelsen on same base and there was absolutely no snow, dry tarmac with few black ice spots. I guess it snowed overnight. :)

mousti
14th December 2010, 16:11
Looks like a Go Pro HD on the roof. Ogier had something similar during shakedown in NZ
Yep indeed Exqi Sport used such ones also for Ypres this year :)

Catiocha7
14th December 2010, 17:36
what about Kimi ?
Will he be in MC finaly ?

PLuto
14th December 2010, 21:30
Kimi is not on entry list.

Mirek
14th December 2010, 21:30
No, he is not on the entry list.

RICARDO75
14th December 2010, 23:40
There's a Maurizio Verini on the entry list with a Lancer EVO IX.
I wonder if he could be the Groupe Fiat driver from the 70's

Josti
14th December 2010, 23:47
There's a Maurizio Verini on the entry list with a Lancer EVO IX.
I wonder if he could be the Groupe Fiat driver from the 70's

Yes, former Abarth works driver.

He did Monte several times up to the late 90's. I guess on this special occasion he entered again.

RS
15th December 2010, 11:57
MaxRally is reporting that Basso is tipped to drive an Abarth 500 on Monte and not an S2000 car. Hopefully that's not true....

Also the rumours that Kubica may drive an S2000 car seem to be getting stronger. As his F1 team is no longer Renault he can drive what he wants. That's better news than Kimi running had that happened IMO.

Tom206wrc
15th December 2010, 13:29
On Rallylink forum they talk about possibility of a 207 S2000 from Friulmotor for Basso :confused:

RS
15th December 2010, 14:09
On Rallylink forum they talk about possibility of a 207 S2000 from Friulmotor for Basso :confused:

I would like to see Basso in any S2000 car but for interest it would be nice if it was a different one (Fiesta or Punto)

OldF
15th December 2010, 15:28
By MaxRally it could be Fiat Abarth 500.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/international_rallies_for_new_abarth_series/

Ondra WRC
15th December 2010, 15:56
Actual situation on SS1: http://picasaweb.google.com/camerallye/ES1LeMoulinoAntraiguesPartie2?feat=directlink#

Ondra WRC
15th December 2010, 17:09
PG today testing Proton.

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/973823/Photo037.jpg1..jpg

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/973823/Photo040.jpg

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/973823/Photo038.jpg

Barreis
15th December 2010, 17:24
Nice pictures, bad car..

PLuto
15th December 2010, 18:02
Little bit better picture made directly by PG and also unveiled name of codriver...

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11467

RS
15th December 2010, 18:15
Nice pictures, bad car..

Come on, they are trying! They have an on-location test, two good drivers... Pluto's article talks of "several major and minor changes", perhaps he can tell us what they are?

Ondra WRC
15th December 2010, 18:40
Photogalery from test Juho Hanninen, Freddy Loix and Andreas Mikkelsen here (http://gallery.atpic.com/39974).
Video from Bryan Bouffier test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwlZKekUcms&feature=player_embedded

HaCo
15th December 2010, 18:52
Come on, they are trying! They have an on-location test, two good drivers... Pluto's article talks of "several major and minor changes", perhaps he can tell us what they are?

Is the car already on the wider spec like the most modern S2000 cars?

RICARDO75
15th December 2010, 21:39
Photos from Skoda test with Hänninen
http://iceman74110.free.fr/?alb=295
and Vouilloz
http://iceman74110.free.fr/?alb=296

PLuto
16th December 2010, 13:26
It looks like Giandomenico will not start with 500 R3T. Good info for fans :o )

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11476

RS
16th December 2010, 14:15
It looks like Giandomenico will not start with 500 R3T. Good info for fans :o )

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11476

Cool, now we just need Kubica in an S2000 :up:

Mirek
16th December 2010, 17:44
Dancing on the ice by Juho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6olk0RK_tw

RS
16th December 2010, 18:18

Really nice :up:

OldF
16th December 2010, 18:21

I give 9 points for both technical performance and artistic impression. :)

darkstar
16th December 2010, 18:28
and the next video thats blocked in germany because of the music!!! man, that sucks :mad: and just because of that scrappy time of my live cover!

Ondra WRC
16th December 2010, 18:43
http://forum.ewrc.cz/attachment.php?attachmentid=5690&d=1292524385

http://forum.ewrc.cz/attachment.php?attachmentid=5691&d=1292524576

Ondra WRC
16th December 2010, 18:48
http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/661222/IMG_4617%20-%20Copie.JPG2..jpg

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/661222/IMG_4625%20-%20Copie.jpg

alleskids
16th December 2010, 19:34
maybe it is a stupid question, but what do they test on those snow and icy roads? Different shockabsorders, or engine mapping, or is it just for the driver to get familair wih the car? Do they (navigator) time the different runs?

Mirek
16th December 2010, 19:36
It's both for finding the best setup and for crew's confidence.

darkstar
16th December 2010, 19:41
i also guess they test a lot of tire´s, how does a rain tire work on snow, how does a slick work on snow etc. in my opinion in the video sometimes the car is sliding mutch more then on some other scenes. i think thats because of different tirechoices.

Sulland
16th December 2010, 22:01
I give 9 points for both technical performance and artistic impression. :)

Beautiful dance, especially on those tires !

Ondra WRC
16th December 2010, 22:04
Actual situation on SS 2:
http://picasaweb.google.com/camerallye/PhotosDiversesES2BURZETSTMARTIAL?feat=directlink#

MartijnS
16th December 2010, 22:30
Great video of Juho! :)

Ondra WRC
17th December 2010, 13:26
http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/661222/IMG_0029%20-%20Copie.jpg

Loeb 05
17th December 2010, 18:36
On Wednesday, Proton and P-G Andersson were testing for the first time to prepare next Monte Carlo Rally.

The snow was not expected the first day but for me it was a gift ! Wonderful day with an incredible driving of P-G Andersson on those slippery road and for it first run with the car, lots of drifts, sometimes on the limits, magic !

You can find some of my pictures here

Only-Rally.com (http://only-rally.com/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=gallery&id=39&Itemid=159)

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_andersson_proton_satria_s2000/large/Andersson--19-.JPG

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_andersson_proton_satria_s2000/large/Andersson--16-.JPG

http://only-rally.com/images/stories/igallery/test_andersson_proton_satria_s2000/large/Andersson--12-.JPG

I talked to P-G about how he felt about the car and he told that the chassis is quite good but the engine, the biggest problem on this car, was to powerful for thos specific conditions: it was on or off. the power is to high and the torque is missing on low rpm which was a problem on snow. A new evolution of the engine will appear for the rally.

Ondra WRC
18th December 2010, 08:37
Video from test Jan Kopecký: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM5nN0vUVy4

wwbroe
18th December 2010, 09:01
Again very nive video, with lot's of sliding. Looks like they had perfect testing conditions where they could test a lot of different tyres. ;)

Sulland
18th December 2010, 09:46
I also, from looking at videos and reading comments from drivers Think the real issue is useful powerband. So they need to change the camshafts and check the flow to improve - today it is more of a raceengine instead of a rallyengine in its caracterististics.

Who buildt this engine ?

wwbroe
18th December 2010, 10:08
I also, from looking at videos and reading comments from drivers Think the real issue is useful powerband. So they need to change the camshafts and check the flow to improve - today it is more of a raceengine instead of a rallyengine in its caracterististics.

Who buildt this engine ?

It is Oreca in France who builds the engines for Fabia's.

RS
18th December 2010, 10:14
It is Oreca in France who builds the engines for Fabia's.

I think Sulland was referring to the Proton.. and I agree with his assesment. PG is not the first drive to say the top end power is ok but it lacks driveability.

RS
18th December 2010, 10:56
Good video of PG with the Proton here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg6arf_andersson-mp4_auto

It must be useful for MEM to have PG who has good recent experience with a top S2000 car.

OldF
18th December 2010, 11:42

Who buildt this engine ?

You’re right. The power/torque band for S2000 is quite narrow so they have to keep the revs high all the time. Below effective torque the engine’s power drops essentially and driving with this kind of engine in slippery conditions is difficult.

Changing the camshaft timings would help but I don’t know if rules allow that.

Mirek
18th December 2010, 11:50
Great video with PG!

Here Kopecký: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM5nN0vUVy4

Bartek
18th December 2010, 12:19
i found this on internet. Maybe Robert will start 207?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpmraY2SbQ

RS
18th December 2010, 14:13
You’re right. The power/torque band for S2000 is quite narrow so they have to keep the revs high all the time. Below effective torque the engine’s power drops essentially and driving with this kind of engine in slippery conditions is difficult.

Changing the camshaft timings would help but I don’t know if rules allow that.

On the Skoda they have clearly done something a bit different and the power delivery is quite violent even from low down the rev range. I believe that is a big part of the reason why the Fabia has been such a successful S2000 car.

OldF
18th December 2010, 16:33
It could be the case that the Proton has a narrower torque band than Skoda. By looking at the figures I found the Proton has 271 Nm @ 7000 rpm / 280 hp @ 7800 rpm and Skoda has 250 Nm @ 7250 rpm / 270 hp @ 8250 rpm.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/proton-satria-s2000-images-video-technical-specification/

http://new.skoda-auto.com/com/motorsport/techdata/Pages/techdata.aspx

Although Proton has best torque and power on lower revs vs. Skoda, the torque of Proton is high which suggests that Proton has a narrower torque band.

For Skoda I think Mirek could have some more up to date information.

RS
18th December 2010, 16:56
For Skoda I think Mirek could have some more up to date information.

Yes, I think Skoda are being rather modest...

Mirek
18th December 2010, 20:48
I have a simple advice, don't believe press numbers ;)

OldF
18th December 2010, 21:27
I have a simple advice, don't believe press numbers ;)

That seems to be an advice to follow ;) .

Ondra WRC
18th December 2010, 21:37
Peugeot test.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs031.snc6/166137_1367100035957_1785367600_697684_8170922_n.j pg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs011.snc6/166193_1367099555945_1785367600_697679_2608773_n.j pg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs012.snc6/166226_1367100435967_1785367600_697688_7185571_n.j pg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1234.snc4/156599_1367100755975_1785367600_697692_7027344_n.j pg

Ondra WRC
19th December 2010, 12:38
Photos from test Andreas Mikkelsen: http://iceman74110.free.fr/?alb=297

Tom206wrc
19th December 2010, 15:46
Peugeot test.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs031.snc6/166137_1367100035957_1785367600_697684_8170922_n.j pg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs011.snc6/166193_1367099555945_1785367600_697679_2608773_n.j pg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs012.snc6/166226_1367100435967_1785367600_697688_7185571_n.j pg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1234.snc4/156599_1367100755975_1785367600_697692_7027344_n.j pg

Only Bouffier and Sarrazin ??? No Solberg yet ??? :confused:

MJW
19th December 2010, 16:01
Any idea when Petter's five day test is?

Ondra WRC
19th December 2010, 17:02
Only Bouffier and Sarrazin ??? No Solberg yet ??? :confused:
Yes, only Bouffier and Sarrazin. I think, Solberg has a plan to test in January.

Mirek
19th December 2010, 20:57
Test of Andreas Mikkelsen. That's just insane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88IzIcDHnU0&feature=player_embedded

pettersolberg29
19th December 2010, 21:10
Incredible - you can see how amazingly slippery it is in the first 30s when he has a half spin!

ChriWRC
20th December 2010, 15:48
Bonjour, quelle est la meilleure étape spéciale le jeudi, pour voir? Quel est celui qui a le plus de chance de neige?

Merci :)

Ondra WRC
20th December 2010, 16:46
Video from test Andreas Mikkelsen with onboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwdEiJYumaI

RS
20th December 2010, 17:54
Video from test Andreas Mikkelsen with onboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwdEiJYumaI

Those cameras mounted on the car give a really clear and spectacular view; maybe it's something Eurosport should experiment with.

OldF
21st December 2010, 17:11
Test of Andreas Mikkelsen. That's just insane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88IzIcDHnU0&feature=player_embedded

My wife was also on the video. :D

Ondra WRC
21st December 2010, 20:59
Video from Bryan Bouffier test:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg8258_essais-pre-mc-2011-bouffier-panseri-207-s2000_sport

wwbroe
21st December 2010, 21:07
Video from Bryan Bouffier test:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg8258_essais-pre-mc-2011-bouffier-panseri-207-s2000_sport

Looks more like a test for Swedish rally, but with inadequate tyres. :D

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2010, 13:29
Cédric Robert forfait...lack of budget :(

vino_93
22nd December 2010, 17:26
Who will replace him ?

Ondra WRC
22nd December 2010, 20:26
Photogalery from test Julien Maurin:
http://www.gaucheafond.fr/

dimviii
22nd December 2010, 20:33
Photogalery from test Julien Maurin:
http://www.gaucheafond.fr/
fiesta on one side is on castrol sponsorship and on the other in yacco :dozey:

pettersolberg29
22nd December 2010, 21:30
Very nice looking car in my opinion. Like the 2009 Stobart ones which were blue on one and green on the other side.

soprano
23rd December 2010, 11:13
Franz Wittman lost his main sponsor, so no MC for him :(

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2010/12/23/wittmann-muss-monte-absagen/index.html

FabiaFan
23rd December 2010, 12:51
...so again it starts... no Robert, no Wittmann,... who will come next - Basso???

mousti
23rd December 2010, 15:20
...so again it starts... no Robert, no Wittmann,... who will come next - Basso???
Well u could expected that especially with the free entry here on this rally some entered without having the budget yet for driving the rally. But good news is Thierry Neuville has been confirmed to drive Monte Carlo and doing a IRC program again!

Fly
23rd December 2010, 18:36

Campedelli...

Ondra WRC
23rd December 2010, 19:17
Video from test Claude Carret (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X):
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg99hi_essais-pre-monte-carlo-mitsu-evo-x-carret_auto#from=embed

bluuford
23rd December 2010, 21:04
Campedelli...

Is there any kind of wait-list?
So, if there is still reasonable amount of time till the start of rally (like now), then it would be reasonable and they can practically fit all the crews who want and who actually have funds to compete in Monte. I assume that there will be many more withdrawals before the start of the rally.

PLuto
23rd December 2010, 21:32
Dont be afraid, there will be +- 100 crews on start...

Barreis
23rd December 2010, 22:20
Entry fee (3000 euros) had to be paid to be on the list..

wwbroe
24th December 2010, 14:50
Entry fee (3000 euros) had to be paid to be on the list..

I tought the entry was for free for this edition of Monte?

Barreis
24th December 2010, 15:47
That's why it was 305 entrants.. Only with paid entry fee or S2000 car or big name it was possible to be on the list..

JTGANG
24th December 2010, 22:33
Also seems that Chentre will not start with the DS3.....

wwbroe
25th December 2010, 08:01
Who knows if they have made also spare list to replace these guys that allready know they will not be able to compete? It would be interesting to know if they have such a list and what names are on it. :)

vino_93
25th December 2010, 08:14
There are 30 names, with 5 drivers in GT cars. I think that the first name on the entry list is Romain Dumas with his Porsche ;) But we don't know who are the others guys ...

wwbroe
25th December 2010, 08:56
There are 30 names, with 5 drivers in GT cars. I think that the first name on the entry list is Romain Dumas with his Porsche ;) But we don't know who are the others guys ...

Ok, thanks for the info. Does anyone know the other names on this list? ;)

Tom206wrc
25th December 2010, 12:18
Campedelli...

Only 207 S2000 drivers forfaits until now... :mad:

PLuto
25th December 2010, 21:54

List of the names is much bigger...

Sulland
26th December 2010, 10:41
Are the GT cars approved in Monte in 2011?

Mirek
26th December 2010, 11:08
Yes

vino_93
26th December 2010, 18:24
List of the names is much bigger...

it's what AH said in his presentation of the rally. René Isoart doesn't said any name in his interview after ...

Ondra WRC
29th December 2010, 17:27
Video from test JM Raoux:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcvd1HPNxCo

RICARDO75
30th December 2010, 13:00
Video from Julien Maurin test
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg9itq_maurin_sport#from=embed

Tom206wrc
30th December 2010, 13:13
Maybe tomorrow entrylist in seeded order :confused:

Mirek
30th December 2010, 13:24
Test of Andreas Aigner: http://rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg_[desc]=+DESC&modex=pokaz&T[id]=5121

Ondra WRC
30th December 2010, 14:06
Video from Andreas Aigner test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRwMNygeVSY

EavesFan09
30th December 2010, 15:07
Been yonks since I was last on. I sort of went into, out of and back in the WRC quite quickly when it became apparent how good Seb Loeb was. I saw little to keep me captivated. But I said to myself that I would begin interest in the IRC as the IRC has more about it I think, and here I am.

I know the N4 teams are those competing with S2000 machines like the Peugeot 207, Skoda Fabia, Ford Fiesta, Proton Satira Neo and possibly Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.

But as for the others, I think I have classified them all correctly. According to the entry list below, Civics, although they are really R3 cars theirs some in group A7. Things like the Peugeot 207, Citroen DS3 and Abarth 500 all compete in the R3T group. The Renault Twingo and Citroen C2 are classified under R2 whilst the Suzuki Swift are N1 and N2 cars.

But I know I am sure there will be some who intend to do the full campaign. Does anyone know who intends to do the whole season?

http://www.ircseries.com/html/uploadedFiles/PDF/201012282096.1.EntryList.pdf

eloyf1
30th December 2010, 23:08
Egoi Eder Valdés has also withdrawn...
http://www.revistascratch.com/nacional-asfalto/noticia/egoi-eder-valdes-correra-el-nacional-de-asfalto-3149

darkstar
31st December 2010, 00:32
i really hope they have enough nice cars to fill up the startlist...the other names dont really tell me anything, but robert and wittmann are defenetly great drivers to watch. sad they wont start :(

PLuto
31st December 2010, 01:51
There is few nice cars and good drivers on waiting list, but as organisers are still not giving any informations (and start of the recce is very soon), there will be problem that some drivers from waiting list lost (or will loose) their interest...

AlfaWRC
31st December 2010, 06:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRwMNygeVSY

modri dirkac
31st December 2010, 06:37
There is few nice cars and good drivers on waiting list, but as organisers are still not giving any informations (and start of the recce is very soon), there will be problem that some drivers from waiting list lost (or will loose) their interest...

I agree with you PLuto - with additional comment: there is no problem of lack of interest, but they face a lot of problems with last minute logistics. Why they are waiting so long, as far as I know all the accepted drivers have to confirm their participation till 23.12. (if I remember correct)? :rolleyes:

EavesFan09
31st December 2010, 13:22
So, do we know who the permenant 2WD teams/drivers are yet? The IRC website has not updated the rosters and probably won't do till we know the full roster of main season-long 2WD drivers to add to those 21 or so in the S2000 roster like Hanninen, Kopecky, Wilkes, Maghales and Sarrazin in the Skoda's, Peugeot's, Proton's, Fiesta's and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's and not just those doing one-off's which don't appeal to me somehow.

Mirek
31st December 2010, 13:26
There is no registration for IRC competitors so there is no list and never will be. It's all up to competitors whether they start in more rounds or not. Maximum best seven results count. And by the way Hänninen won't start in IRC regularly, probably only Monte Carlo and Barum.

EavesFan09
31st December 2010, 13:33
There is no registration for IRC competitors so there is no list and never will be. It's all up to competitors whether they start in more rounds or not. Maximum best seven results counts. And by the way Hänninen won't start in IRC regularly, probably only Monte Carlo and Barum.

I am new to the IRC so I am not up on such rules and regs. I just saw the end of the last year on Eurosport which I had just gotten in about October or November and saw it looked decent. As good as the WRC in my view.

So those on the entry list for Monte-Carlo they are all down as to start round one but not necessarily the whole season?

PLuto
31st December 2010, 13:45
Yes, this is advantage against WRC - in IRC you should start only on one event, on three events, on six events, in all events. Everything depends on your budget and you can change plans during the season. In WRC, if you want to take points in WRC Teams, PWRC, SWRC, JWRC/WRC Academy you must register before season, make regular number of events (sometimes in countries which arent interesting for you and for your partners) and if you must retire during season, it is big problem...

alleskids
31st December 2010, 15:13
I am new to the IRC so I am not up on such rules and regs. I just saw the end of the last year on Eurosport which I had just gotten in about October or November and saw it looked decent. As good as the WRC in my view.

So those on the entry list for Monte-Carlo they are all down as to start round one but not necessarily the whole season?

Only a number of drivers is planning to compete for the IRC title. Loix, Mikkelsen, Magelhaes, Wilks Neuville, maybe Kopecky, And the Proton team plans a whole season, probarly with the same 2 drivers (Anderson and Atkinson). All the other drivers do only 1, 2,3, 5 rallies (Al Attiyah, Ten Brinke, Gardemeister, Bouffier, Kruuda) . The advantage of IRC is that all drivers have excess to rallywinning cars. The privateer Skoda Fabia is (almost) the same as the factory Skoda Fabia, and any driver with a Ford Fiesta S2000 or Peugeot 207 S2000 can fight for victories. If they have the talent and maybe some luck :) .

EavesFan09
31st December 2010, 17:06
The only downside to this easier and most purse-friendly way of doing things is it is hard for IRC fans to know who intends to do which round(s). The only way of knowing is to read the full entry list before each event and try not to read too much into the group they are in, like R2 and so on. But if you want to battle for the title, as I read it, you must compete in a minimum of 7 rounds because it is the best 7 scores are counted.

But that is all.

FabiaFan
31st December 2010, 22:51
And the Proton team plans a whole season, probarly with the same 2 drivers (Anderson and Atkinson).

McRae is the only fixed driver of Proton for the "whole season" (whatever the team will do...)!?!

bluuford
1st January 2011, 00:44
The only downside to this easier and most purse-friendly way of doing things is it is hard for IRC fans to know who intends to do which round(s). The only way of knowing is to read the full entry list before each event and try not to read too much into the group they are in, like R2 and so on. But if you want to battle for the title, as I read it, you must compete in a minimum of 7 rounds because it is the best 7 scores are counted.

But that is all.

You almost got it. However. If you do only 6 events and you have more points than those whose best 7 events count, then you are still champion. The rule just says that best 7 events counts. You can do more or less.. no worries.
Well.Practically you should count two classes in IRC.
I
There is 2WD championship for drivers where all cars with 2 Wheel drive are eligible for the points. Points are divided according to the old system: best 2wd=10 points, second=8points, third=6points, fourth=5points etc.
Difference is in 2WD makes championship. Only registered manufacturers can collect points there. Those should be: 1)Ford, 2)Peugeot 3)Fiat 4)Honda and 5)Skoda. Those who are not registered (Renault, Suzuki etc) are not in the classification.
Example:
1.Fiesta ST 10 points
(2) Suzuki swift no makes points
2. Fiat 8 points
(3) Renault Clio no makes points
3. Fiesta ST 6 points
4. Peugeot 206 RC 5 points
5. Fiesta ST 0 points (only two best cars of the same make count)
6. Honda civic Type-R 3 points (the third Fiesta "neutralized" the 4 points and therefore Honda collected only 3 points).
So, here is another dimension. If there are more than three cars from the same make, only two best collect the points for manufacturer. However, the other cars from the same make neutralize the points for their respective position in top 8.
It is practically same in overall championship (best overall 8 get the points). But here, all non registered manufacturers are not counted (even the drivers). So, if you are driving Citroen and you win the rally, you are invisible for IRC. If 2WD crew is in top 8 by the end of the rally.Then he/she collects overall and his 2wd points.
You should keep your eye on the following drivers who might fight for overall honors in 2011:
1. Peugeot
Neuville
Wilks
Magalhaes

2. Skoda
Kopecky
Mikkelsen
Loix

3. Ford
uuups??noone?
Al Attyah?
There might be some more good drivers joining little bit later during the season. However, there are only some speculations about their participation (Kruuda, Bouffer, Vouilloz etc.).
Some good drivers join only for Monte (with good coverage it is much easier to acquire your budget) and some of the join later due to the fact that Monte is so early in the season and some drivers and co-drivers are occupied by their Dakar commitments (McRae, Prokop, Attyah etc.) which ends later than Monte starts.

morganmilan
1st January 2011, 11:47
Good and complete explanation Bluuford! ;)

EavesFan09
1st January 2011, 12:50
There is 2WD championship for drivers where all cars with 2 Wheel drive are eligible for the points. Points are divided according to the old system: best 2wd=10 points, second=8points, third=6points, fourth=5points etc.
Difference is in 2WD makes championship. Only registered manufacturers can collect points there. Those should be: 1)Ford, 2)Peugeot 3)Fiat 4)Honda and 5)Skoda. Those who are not registered (Renault, Suzuki etc) are not in the classification.
Example:
1.Fiesta ST 10 points
(2) Suzuki swift no makes points
2. Fiat 8 points
(3) Renault Clio no makes points
3. Fiesta ST 6 points
4. Peugeot 206 RC 5 points
5. Fiesta ST 0 points (only two best cars of the same make count)
6. Honda civic Type-R 3 points (the third Fiesta "neutralized" the 4 points and therefore Honda collected only 3 points).
So, here is another dimension. If there are more than three cars from the same make, only two best collect the points for manufacturer. However, the other cars from the same make neutralize the points for their respective position in top 8.
It is practically same in overall championship (best overall 8 get the points). But here, all non registered manufacturers are not counted (even the drivers). So, if you are driving Citroen and you win the rally, you are invisible for IRC. If 2WD crew is in top 8 by the end of the rally.Then he/she collects overall and his 2wd points.

I agree with morganmilan totally. The hypothethical 2DW manufacturers placing you game with the Fiesta ST winning explains things about three cars from the same manufacturer being in the points paying positions quite well for me.

Say Martin Prokop is the driver in the third Fiesta for example Barwa. Because he finished 3rd, no matter where his fellow Fiesta runner finished in the points paying positions, his fellow driver in the Ford Fiesta doesn't get the points for his manufacturer for his placing. Though he will probably do in the 2WD Drivers Championship he won't get the points for Ford.

Which I think works well for those for teams able to run their eligible manufacturer (Ford, Peugeot, FIAT, Honda & Skoda) cars strongly. The best teams running drivers comitted to running a longer program in the IRC this year will gain the most points for the manufacturer that makes their car.

But I think those makes NOT eligible are good cars for drivers only comitted to doing one or two rounds but want a good rally car that will take them to a good time.
If the cars are not eligible to score points for the manufacturer then presumably they aren't eligible for drivers points.
If that be true, I don't myself see a whole lot of good in scoring points in an Abarth Punto or Peugeot 207 if your only doing one or two rounds.
Seems almost a waste when those points could have gone to a driver in a fellow eligible car who has finished below him/her who is participating in a much longer program in the series and looks good for a strong finish.

stepunk
1st January 2011, 23:18
It seems that Giandomenico Basso will start Monte in a Peugeot 207 S2000.
(info taken from an italian forum, so handle with care!)

Sulland
2nd January 2011, 00:22
Has Kubica decided if he will drive MC, and in what car ?
Motoring news had a piece with his manager saying he probably would get a S2000 and felt he was ready for that after du Var.

RICARDO75
2nd January 2011, 01:16
As one of the reservists, the young French Stéphane Lefebvre and Nicolas Gilsoul took advantage of the dropouts already announced and they will actually be starting in the Rallye Monte Carlo with a Renault Twingo R2.

http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lefebvre-alsace2010-10.jpg

EavesFan09
2nd January 2011, 08:28
Has Kubica decided if he will drive MC, and in what car ?
Motoring news had a piece with his manager saying he probably would get a S2000 and felt he was ready for that after du Var.

If he is still a Renault F1 driver then my logic comes to the conclusion it has to be a Renault Clio R3. Indeed autoevolution.com reports this.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/robert-kubica-will-make-irc-debut-in-rally-monte-carlo-15235.html

I know you all know about this aleady but I also see Heikki Kovalainen was rumoured to be running a Proton Satira Neo 2000 in the Artic Rally.

I assume R3 is the 2WD cars btw.

EavesFan09
2nd January 2011, 08:31
As one of the reservists, the young French Stéphane Lefebvre and Nicolas Gilsoul took advantage of the dropouts already announced and they will actually be starting in the Rallye Monte Carlo with a Renault Twingo R2.

http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lefebvre-alsace2010-10.jpg

Reservists? Are they basically what is says on the tin? Drivers who will go rallying in th event of another drivers withdrawl?

Also does anyone know the full entry list for Monte Carlo? Or is it basically whoever is on the list provided by the IRC website?

EDIT: Florian Gonon will do MC in a Subaru Impreza
http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=2361

CWJ
2nd January 2011, 08:46
If he is still a Renault F1 driver then my logic comes to the conclusion it has to be a Renault Clio R3. Indeed autoevolution.com reports this.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/robert-kubica-will-make-irc-debut-in-rally-monte-carlo-15235.html

I know you all know about this aleady but I also see Heikki Kovalainen was rumoured to be running a Proton Satira Neo 2000 in the Artic Rally.

I assume R3 is the 2WD cars btw.

Jan 2010 ! News...

EavesFan09
2nd January 2011, 08:51
Jan 2010 ! News...

So?

Ondra WRC
2nd January 2011, 09:21
So?
The news refers to Rally Monte Carlo 2010, no 2011. Manager Daniel Morelli said for Motorsport News, that Robert propably start with S2000 car.

PLuto
2nd January 2011, 12:12
Huh, boys...

Robert Kubica - for sure he wont start with Clio R3, possibilities are only three - not start, Clio S1600 or S2000 car. All three possibilities are possible

Giando - almost sure he will start and almost sure that with Pug

Gonon - he was on entry list from beginning, no news

entry list - final version of entry list wasnt published yet, I think this is mistake from organisers, it is problem for crews on waiting list that they dont know if they will start or not

PLuto
2nd January 2011, 13:08

Actually Pug isnt so sure :rolleyes:

EavesFan09
2nd January 2011, 13:37
The news refers to Rally Monte Carlo 2010, no 2011. Manager Daniel Morelli said for Motorsport News, that Robert propably start with S2000 car.

Huh, boys...

Robert Kubica - for sure he wont start with Clio R3, possibilities are only three - not start, Clio S1600 or S2000 car. All three possibilities are possible

Gonon - he was on entry list from beginning, no news

entry list - final version of entry list wasnt published yet, I think this is mistake from organisers, it is problem for crews on waiting list that they dont know if they will start or not

With the greatest of respect to you both I might as well be living in early 2010 for all I am up to date with news. An advantage that, I am afraid to say, I am all to aware you have. I have 365 days of catch up learning to do. You do not.

ngd
2nd January 2011, 13:37
Have you got any idea when will the entry list in seeded order be published?
And what about Basso? He said he should have decided until Christmas..

stepunk
2nd January 2011, 14:14
Actually Pug isnt so sure :rolleyes:

Fan site on facebook says he will start on a car with "french colours on an italian heart".
Maybe an Abarth run by a french team? :confused:

RICARDO75
2nd January 2011, 14:27
Jean Sébastien Vigion is confirmed on Peugeot 207 S2000 from GPC Motorsport

FabiaFan
2nd January 2011, 14:29
Fan site on facebook says he will start on a car with "french colours on an italian heart".
Maybe an Abarth run by a french team? :confused:
To me it means Peugeot...

Mitch555
3rd January 2011, 01:15
French colours, Italian heart...
Abarth with French Team: Barroso Sport have an Abarth S2000
Peugeot with Italian Team: Grifone, Racing Lions, Munaretto

PLuto
3rd January 2011, 02:30
French colours, Italian heart...
Abarth with French Team: Barroso Sport have an Abarth S2000
Peugeot with Italian Team: Grifone, Racing Lions, Munaretto

You forgot Friul Motor...

Mitch555
3rd January 2011, 06:37
You forgot Friul Motor...
I am an Australian trying to remember European rally teams off the top of my head, sorry I did not get them all...

Fruil Motor is Italian or French?

wwbroe
3rd January 2011, 07:05
I am an Australian trying to remember European rally teams off the top of my head, sorry I did not get them all...

Fruil Motor is Italian or French?

Friul motors is Italian team, also Basso was said he might use Pug from this team. ;)

RS
3rd January 2011, 09:12
It will be good to see Basso in a more competitive car but on the other hand it would be nice to see a well driven Punto on Monte too.

wwbroe
3rd January 2011, 09:18
It will be good to see Basso in a more competitive car but on the other hand it would be nice to see a well driven Punto on Monte too.

I agree with you, so i still hope he will start with Punto. ;)

mousti
3rd January 2011, 14:18
Twistercorse or how the Team calls of Cavigioli. Nah I don't hope for an Abarth because it's really time that Basso get in a really fast S2000 hope that 207 is not much slower compared to the Kronos and PHsport 207's. Last year that Basso competed in S2000 was getting ridiculous for him in Ypres he drove like a madman and still his times were much slower than the topdrivers and if he would be in a top S2000 he would be much closer or even belong with those topdrivers then :)

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2011, 14:38
Basso in a 207 ??? Wow !!!! :bounce:

rallye-sport
3rd January 2011, 16:25
New update of entry list with the numbers !!
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/liste-des-engages-rallye-monte-carlo-2011/

Sulland
3rd January 2011, 16:38
Good for Basso, but no Kubica unfortuanately!

mousti
3rd January 2011, 16:41
Good for Basso, but no Kubica unfortuanately!
Also no Brynildsen and no Cave..

If I counted right 30 S2000's

PLuto
3rd January 2011, 16:59
I dont understand why there are Brynildsen and Jereb on list (with notice "forfait"), they can normally change them...

Barreis
3rd January 2011, 17:01
Somebody must pay 3000 euro's entry fee..

PLuto
3rd January 2011, 17:02

No

PLuto
3rd January 2011, 17:04
I dont understand why there is Valdez on entry list despite he wrote few weeks ago he will be missing...

Barreis
3rd January 2011, 17:07
No

You're wrong..

mousti
3rd January 2011, 18:10
But if a low budget driver like Lefebvre want to pay that then there sure more drivers doing that so there's something else going on. "That u need to pay that" I can't believe that there so less people want to do that for such a rally.

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2011, 19:03
Yep forfait drivers should let their place to new entrants from reserve list :s

RICARDO75
3rd January 2011, 20:11
FORFAIT:
PEUGEOT 207 S2000: JEREB Andrej; MONNET Arnaud; VIGION Jean Sébastien; WITTMANN Franz; ROBERT Cédric; CAMPEDELLI Simone
PROTON SATRIA NEO S2000: CAVE Tom
SKODA FABIA S2000: BRYNILDSEN Eyvind; VALDES Egoi Eder
MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 9: DUB Clément
SUBARU IMPREZA STI: BONFILS Michel
RENAULT CLIO S1600: KUBICA Robert; FABIANI Lorenzo (was new on the list)
CITROËN DS3 R3T: CHENTRE Elwis; CHARDONNET Sébastien

NEW DRIVERS:
PEUGEOT 207 S2000: 23 BARBIER Patrick; 26 ALESSANDRINI Massimiliano
MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 9: 51 DOVERI Frank
SUBARU IMPREZA STI: 58 BOS Pierre
RENAULT CLIO R3: 82 MAURAGE Mathieu
CITROËN DS3 R3T: 61 HUNT Harry; 88 TURK Rok; 93 THUEL-CHASSAIGNE Eric
PEUGEOT 207 R3T: 89 SIAS Franck
RENAULT TWINGO R2: 109 LEFÉBVRE Stéphane; 112 LATOUR Bertrand

DRIVERS THAT CHANGE CAR:
42 NICOLAS Laurent - PEUGEOT 207 S2000 to MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 10
114 COUDERT Serge - RENAULT CLIO R3 to CITROËN C2 R2
104 TRIMATIS Thierry - PEUGEOT 207 R3T to CITROËN C2 R2

Mirek
3rd January 2011, 20:20
Did Vigion forfait? That would be news for me...

mousti
3rd January 2011, 20:35
Did Vigion forfait? That would be news for me...
Vigion's entry is entered under Patrick Barbier in the column of Team or how u call that on a entry list. Ricardo is wrong and Vigion will start.

RICARDO75
3rd January 2011, 20:49
Sorry, you'r both right

RICARDO75
3rd January 2011, 20:52
FORFAIT:
PEUGEOT 207 S2000: JEREB Andrej; MONNET Arnaud; WITTMANN Franz; ROBERT Cédric; CAMPEDELLI Simone

NEW DRIVERS:
PEUGEOT 207 S2000: 23 BARBIER Patrick; 26 SETTEMBRINI Massimiliano
CITROËN DS3 R3T: 61 HUNT Harry; 83 AMAXOPOULOS Dimitrios; 88 TURK Rok; 93 THUEL-CHASSAIGNE Eric

DRIVERS THAT CHANGE CAR:

modri dirkac
4th January 2011, 05:28
FORFAIT:
PEUGEOT 207 S2000: JEREB Andrej; MONNET Arnaud; WITTMANN Franz; ROBERT Cédric; CAMPEDELLI Simone

NEW DRIVERS:
PEUGEOT 207 S2000: 23 BARBIER Patrick; 26 SETTEMBRINI Massimiliano
CITROËN DS3 R3T: 61 HUNT Harry; 83 AMAXOPOULOS Dimitrios; 88 TURK Rok; 93 THUEL-CHASSAIGNE Eric

DRIVERS THAT CHANGE CAR:

Rok Turk (DS3 R3T) was already on the 1. list. ;)

amilk
4th January 2011, 07:52
Someone has any news about road conditions?
In December there was big snow fall in Europe - it's still last the snow on the Monte roads?

bluuford
4th January 2011, 08:29
Well, I can see quite precise weather data for the next 9 days. It is visible that there will be much warmer weather starting form Thursday. Loads of + temperatures. Next 4 days should be warm again. Temperature starts to drop from the 10th of January again and should be on minus side until the end of my maps-line (12th of January). There should be some snowfall during the process and starting from 12-13th of January, the high pressure area forms covering Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands and most of the Germany. So, that means warm during the day and freezing during the night (snow melts during the day and water freezes on the road during the night).
However, such a long forecast can still change, but this is all what I can read from the maps right now.

ngd
4th January 2011, 09:28
Amaxopoulos was on the list..

wwbroe
4th January 2011, 10:35
Well, I can see quite precise weather data for the next 9 days. It is visible that there will be much warmer weather starting form Thursday. Loads of + temperatures. Next 4 days should be warm again. Temperature starts to drop from the 10th of January again and should be on minus side until the end of my maps-line (12th of January). There should be some snowfall during the process and starting from 12-13th of January, the high pressure area forms covering Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands and most of the Germany. So, that means warm during the day and freezing during the night (snow melts during the day and water freezes on the road during the night).
However, such a long forecast can still change, but this is all what I can read from the maps right now.

Thanks for this info Bluuford and please keep us up to date in the coming two weeks. ;)

Mirek
4th January 2011, 19:50
First ever 2WD start for Jaroslav Orsák...
http://jarekorsak.cz/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DS3-R3T-9.jpg

Tom206wrc
4th January 2011, 20:25
Good luck to him then ;)

darkstar
4th January 2011, 20:35
i hope he´ll drive that one as spectacular as the skoda s2000 ;)

Mirek
5th January 2011, 19:31
Test of Juho Hänninen and Freddy Loix by David Jeřábek: http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=824&fseason=2011

A bit too much snow for real Monte as it seems...

Bartek
5th January 2011, 22:23
Have you got any videos from this test Mirek? :) I saw this photos on Juho facebook but i want to see how he drive on this conditions :)

For me Orsak livery is a little bit ugly.

N.O.T
6th January 2011, 02:35
Logic says that P.Solberg should win against those B level drivers with hands in his pockets....as Hirvonen did last year.

GINE
6th January 2011, 08:20
Logic says that P.Solberg should win against those B level drivers with hands in his pockets....as Hirvonen did last year.

I think that it will not be so easy. Expecting some big resistance from hanninen, mikkelsen, kopecky, loix, sarazzin, henning.

Yes for sure he should be faster, otherwise it would be really a surprise, but Hanninen and henning could be a threat and he will not win with hands in his pockets...
It depends on the weather as well.

Also it would be interesting to see if Proton has improved. He has two good drivers and a new engine. Lets hope for a good result for them.

atsiotras79
6th January 2011, 09:10
If conditions stay as they are now (lot of snow) I would not count out PG even with an underpowered car nor Toni G!
But still I think Hanninen as favourite.

If it dries out, I like Bouffier and Sarrazin.

cali
6th January 2011, 09:50

Yeah, hands in his pockets ... after stage end his face was steaming red and wondered how fast the other guys were. In Monte there is always something else than just raw speed and Mr. Consistent did his usual performance. He was not the fastest guy out there

mousti
6th January 2011, 11:00
If it dries out, I like Bouffier and Sarrazin.
And Loix ;)

BTW Loeb , Ogier, Sordo, Hirvonen, Latvala and P Solberg are the only A drivers then for you ? :D

RS
6th January 2011, 11:20

I do not call winning 3 of 15 stages "with his hands in his pockets"...

However it would be reasonable to presume that Petter should be at the front here. My prediction is more stage wins than Mikko but maybe not victory.

If it is dry (or at least not icey) then a lot of drivers could come into play.

jonas_mcrae
6th January 2011, 15:24
well thats the beauty of monte and IRC, anyone can win depending on the conditions, well maybe not win but fight for a podium is within reach of at least 10-12 drivers, thats somethig you dont see very often these days.

Of course the favourites are Hanninen, Solberg and Kopecky, but I would love to see Garde fighting, hes always been very very dangerous on monte, remember that podium with the whale.

Wim_Impreza
6th January 2011, 15:26
For me Orsak livery is a little bit ugly.

The car is much more ugly.

alleskids
6th January 2011, 17:17
Robert Kubica will not participate in the Rallye Monte Carlo Rally, because of a contractual issue with Renault. Robert wants to compete only with a S2000, but Renault authorized him to only drive a Renault (as could be expected, despite Renault sold their stake in the F1 teasm to Lotus/Proton Group.

RICARDO75
6th January 2011, 20:41
On a french forum says that Bryan Bouffier was testing today and left road for 3 times

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/604085/EssaisBryanBouffier020800x533.jpg

Sulland
6th January 2011, 20:43
Robert Kubica will not participate in the Rallye Monte Carlo Rally, because of a contractual issue with Renault. Robert wants to compete only with a S2000, but Renault authorized him to only drive a Renault (as could be expected, despite Renault sold their stake in the F1 teasm to Lotus/Proton Group.

Give the man a Proton with Renault livery, case solved !

6th January 2011, 22:55
On a french forum says that Bryan Bouffier was testing today and left road for 3 times

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/604085/EssaisBryanBouffier020800x533.jpg

Doesn't bode well for the actualy rally itself then lol

alleskids
7th January 2011, 16:03

Kubica prefers a Skoda Fabia S2000 in Renaults yellow, black and white colours. He bought a Skoda Fabia some years ago from his friend Jan Kopecky. Was it a Fabia WRCar or a Fabia S2000?

urabus-denoS2000
7th January 2011, 16:13
Kubica prefers a Skoda Fabia S2000 in Renaults yellow, black and white colours. He bought a Skoda Fabia some years ago from his friend Jan Kopecky. Was it a Fabia WRCar or a Fabia S2000?

A WRC I believe ;)

Tom206wrc
7th January 2011, 16:56
The car is much more ugly.

DS3 isn't uglier than the Fabia :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
7th January 2011, 17:02

And be sure Kubica won't reach the end of rally ??? Well, right... :p :

mousti
7th January 2011, 17:13
DS3 isn't uglier than the Fabia :rolleyes:
That's your taste ;) . Fabia is for me and for many other niciest S2000 Proton also not bad. And DS3 is for me still nice though. And the new Citroen WRC is very nice even :D

Sulland
7th January 2011, 18:45
And be sure Kubica won't reach the end of rally ??? Well, right... :p :

Good point, but hopefully the new engine will fix that !

Walach
7th January 2011, 19:01
Kopecký, Hanninen, Loix, Mikkelsen and Vouilloz had a test in Bělá today....:
http://www.johnfoto.cz/monte/index.htm

http://www.johnfoto.cz/monte/img00021.jpg