PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Grand Prix 2010

gloomyDAY
14th September 2010, 02:11
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/singapore_grand_prix_formula14.jpg

Predictions:

More of Alonso's misery (see photo above).

Something catastrophic will happen to Mark.

Hamilton will win the race and lead a McLaren 1-2.

Red Bulls will taper off on pace.

Valve Bounce
14th September 2010, 03:05
Anyone notice Sleazy Flav was at Monza's grid. I wonder what delights he is cooking up for Singapore this year!! :down:

Roamy
14th September 2010, 07:31
Oh lets see maybe we can get old 7 times WDC to hit the wall for Nico !!

Roamy
14th September 2010, 07:34
Anyone notice Sleazy Flav was at Monza's grid. I wonder what delights he is cooking up for Singapore this year!! :down:

Yea ole Flav is probably going to double duel and couple of chicks in the pit booth while you are beating the Kangaroo !! :)

jens
14th September 2010, 11:58
After possibly their worst circuit of the season, both Red Bull and Renault can be expected to be much stronger. RBR for victory contention again and Renault perhaps even for a podium challenge.

Ranger
14th September 2010, 12:17
I predict:
- Rosberg will show well having been in contention to win here last year before a rookie mistake in the pitlane.
- Red Bull will be back in contention for victory, but some misfortune will bestow one of their drivers.
- A 6th different winner this year.
- Rain. :vader: :D

Valve Bounce
14th September 2010, 14:00
I predict:
- Rosberg will show well having been in contention to win here last year before a rookie mistake in the pitlane.
- Red Bull will be back in contention for victory, but some misfortune will bestow one of their drivers.
- A 6th different winner this year.
- Rain. :vader: :D

......................and my pickems will be buggered again. :(

F1boat
15th September 2010, 06:52
I hope that Alonso will win again, but realistically, Red Bull should dominate.

Robinho
15th September 2010, 11:46
they are predicting rain during the event, i am not looking forward to the floodlights + rain and spray

Ranger
15th September 2010, 12:22
they are predicting rain during the event, i am not looking forward to the floodlights + rain and spray

Who said that?

No weather report is accurate 10 days out, they are barely accurate 1 day out! :p :

Would be interesting as long as it doesn't stop the race IMO.

AndyL
15th September 2010, 14:15
Have we had any wet night races yet? (I can't recall any.) If it is wet, I fear a repeat of the problems MotoGP had in Qatar a year or two back. They cancelled the race because of the combination of rain/spray and floodlights.

Robinho
15th September 2010, 17:42
i think i saw it here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9000384.stm

it was actually a link to a story on the weather channel, they are predicting scattered thunderstorms for the next couple of weeks

steveaki13
15th September 2010, 18:19
It can change alot in 10 days, but if it were to rain I fear that the race would be stopped.

Lets hope not, because it will make F1 look pretty silly if after getting the novelty of night racing up and running, we can't race due to glare.
Especially when in that region it is always on the cards.

jens
15th September 2010, 19:08
Another note - I wonder, what to expect from McLaren. They have been struggling on twisty circuits this year (Monaco, Hungary). They had a successful EBD-upgrade for Spa if I remember correctly, so I wonder whether that has cured a few problems?!

Valve Bounce
16th September 2010, 04:21
Who said that?

No weather report is accurate 10 days out, they are barely accurate 1 day out! :p :

Would be interesting as long as it doesn't stop the race IMO.

When I was living in KL, it rained nearly every evening. I remember because we were going riding at the Polo Club in Jalan Ampang. And when it rained, it bucketted down :eek:

When I was last in Singapore nearly 4 years ago, it rained in the afternoon - only a short shower, but you wouldn't want to be standing in that shower.

gloomyDAY
23rd September 2010, 05:55
I wonder if the Ferrari engines will start going off like grenades. Time will tell.

Also, does Nick have to take a grid drop because he's on Pedro's 9th engine? Just curious!

The weather seems like it's going to be a factor. Raining a weekend long. :s pinhead:

JRodrigues
24th September 2010, 11:30
Great show on these opening laps by Glock :cool: Just got up a few places in my ranking

Dave B
24th September 2010, 11:40
Here's a link to the local weather radar, just in case the rain looks threatening again:
http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/c/portal/layout?p_l_id=PUB.1023.5

Valve Bounce
24th September 2010, 13:12
Interesting to see SchM up at the sharp end of the grid, even though it's only practice.

Tazio
24th September 2010, 13:32
Interesting to see SchM up at the sharp end of the grid, even though it's only practice.And a full 9 seconds off the lap record. FP2 should be a little more revealing.

Valve Bounce
24th September 2010, 13:50
And a full 9 seconds off the lap record. FP2 should be a little more revealing.

I think the track surface was wet. Interesting to know how the cars will run in steady rain.

Dave B
24th September 2010, 14:30
Never heard that before: Glock was asked to do a radio check so commentated on his entire lap!

Dave B
24th September 2010, 14:47
ALG becomes the first person to clout the wall in any meaningful way, but he seems to have got away with it.

ShiftingGears
24th September 2010, 15:01
I thought they were going to get rid of some corners after turn 15 to try to make the circuit less pokey?

Tazio
24th September 2010, 15:09
Sutil gets major air! That's one chicane you don't want to cut! :eek:

Dave B
24th September 2010, 15:31
Alonso reverses back onto the track following his mistake, then stalls. :s

Tazio
24th September 2010, 15:38
70 min: Alonso was on course to get close to Vettel's benchmark, but it all started to go wrong as he ran wide at Turn 17.
http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/273

F1boat
24th September 2010, 16:07
One second again, just like in Hungary. Alonso the only one who can do something about the Bulls IMO, but it will be difficult as he is error prone this year.
Suzuka will be a massacre.

Roamy
24th September 2010, 18:38
WOW did you see that Schumacher - He got within 3 tenths of Nico. Not bad for a 7 times WDC :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maximilian
24th September 2010, 20:18
Never heard that before: Glock was asked to do a radio check so commentated on his entire lap!
That's because some places on the track have very poor radio reception, so they are trying to figure out the most reliable/best places to radio him while on track.

Besides, when you drive a Virgin, you pretty much go slow enough to have a chat on the way :D

Tazio
24th September 2010, 23:12
AS takes flying lessons

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2010/f1/gp-singapore-24sep-2/395wri.jpg

http://www.formula1.com/wi/597x478/tvimages/2010/singapore/fripic20.jpg

http://www.formula1.com/wi/597x478/tvimages/2010/singapore/fripic21.jpg

He needs to work on that landing :p

gloomyDAY
24th September 2010, 23:36
WOW did you see that Schumacher - He got within 3 tenths of Nico. Not bad for a 7 times WDC :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We'll see who's laughing next year.

He needs to work on that landing :p lmfao! Good to have you back Vic.

Roamy
24th September 2010, 23:44
We'll see who's laughing next year.

lmfao! Good to have you back Vic.

yea it will be me !!! Unless of course you can get so TC on that car

Tazio
24th September 2010, 23:46

Who's Vic? :uhoh:

While were at it Yamamoto's ride claims to have been turned over to CK because of food poisoning.
He just needs to buck-up like Webbo did. :s mokin:

JZpnWhM7JSE

gloomyDAY
24th September 2010, 23:50
yea it will be me !!! Unless of course you can get so TC on that carNo problem! Reintroduction of traction control is on its way.

Who's Vic? :uhoh: Sorry. Confused you for my next door neighbor.

gloomyDAY
25th September 2010, 00:23
Here's the video of Sutil's flight:

GeMaNDg1B6c

ShiftingGears
25th September 2010, 00:59
Here's the video of Sutil's flight:

GeMaNDg1B6c

I agree with Hamiltons opinion that it is the worst corner in F1.

maximilian
25th September 2010, 01:04
While were at it Yamamoto's ride claims to have been turned over to CK because of food poisoning.
He just needs to buck-up like Webbo did. :s mokin:

It's kinda funny, he talks right through the whole ordeal of chundering into his helmet :p

Roamy
25th September 2010, 01:10
No problem! Reintroduction of traction control is on its way.

Sorry. Confused you for my next door neighbor.

I am sure it is- at least on his car!

Valve Bounce
25th September 2010, 01:25
It's kinda funny, he talks right through the whole ordeal of chundering into his helmet :p

Wait till we get the videos of the swimmers in Delhi. :p : :D
...........leaving a brown trail in their wake. :rotflmao:

mstillhere
25th September 2010, 04:50
I wonder if the Ferrari engines will start going off like grenades. Time will tell.

Also, does Nick have to take a grid drop because he's on Pedro's 9th engine? Just curious!

The weather seems like it's going to be a factor. Raining a weekend long. :s pinhead:

Ferrari engines as posted in another thread are the most reliable on the track at this time being.

mstillhere
25th September 2010, 04:59
We'll see who's laughing next year.

I definetly agree. This year MS had to deal with a car he had nothing to do with. Next year's car would definetly be a better car for him. I am sure that if he not going to win, he'll get darn close. All the critizism he received this year are only cheap and unfair shots.

Roamy
25th September 2010, 05:06
cheap and unfair - what about all the years he was cheating??? Your guy has to drive a non tc non cheater car to the front which many doubt he will. So lets see how ole mr villeneuve does if they allow him to return. Jock Clear seems to be much higher on Jv which partly is proving correct.

555-04Q2
25th September 2010, 11:51
cheap and unfair - what about all the years he was cheating??? Your guy has to drive a non tc non cheater car to the front which many doubt he will. So lets see how ole mr villeneuve does if they allow him to return. Jock Clear seems to be much higher on Jv which partly is proving correct.

Roamy, your post is pathetic and indicative that you live in a perfect dream world seperate to the reality the majority of people live in. All teams cheat in F1. In fact, all team sports and individual sports cheat in some way. That is professionalism for you. Big money means win at all costs. Sport = big business now.

Moving on to reality...looks like it will be a great race tomorrow :up:

truefan72
25th September 2010, 13:03
stupid senna killing everyone's last lap,
oh well... on to qualy

ShiftingGears
25th September 2010, 14:33
The timing of this qualifying session has turned out spectacularly well for me.

Excellent.

maximilian
25th September 2010, 14:52
stupid senna killing everyone's last lap,
oh well... on to qualy
I think Senna is getting worried and trying too hard, seeing that Klien is starting to beat him already :D

gloomyDAY
25th September 2010, 15:09
Ferrari engines as posted in another thread are the most reliable on the track at this time being.I think Massa just had an engine problem. :(

maximilian
25th September 2010, 15:32
Well done by Klien. Blowing away Senna by over a second is the kind of performance he was hoping for, and should get him well noticed. Too bad the HRTs' pace is absolutely ghastly overall.

Tazio
25th September 2010, 16:02
:s ailor: yea babe! :s mokin:

gloomyDAY
25th September 2010, 16:11
:s ailor: yea babe! :s mokin:Quit gloating. :p

I thought the RBRs were disappointing today.
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but RBR are going to lose both titles.

truefan72
25th September 2010, 16:20
it was about as good a result i expected out of Hamilton. Now we will see if Vettel and Alonso get into some fireworks at the start of the race and if that ferrari engine will hold up. Button running interference against Webber is also great news, as well as boosting his own championship ambitions.

Should be a good race tomorrow.

kudos to williams and Rubens, doing that time with twice the fuel others had on board.

Dave B
25th September 2010, 16:22
Ferrari engines as posted in another thread are the most reliable on the track at this time being.

In races.

Blowing them up in practice and qualifying suggests that they do have issues. I guess they'll use this as an excuse to stick a 9th engine in Massa's car as the 10th place penalty won't exactly hurt him.

Roamy
25th September 2010, 16:24
WOW what a performance. Obviously Schumi set his car up for the rain so he can blast to the front in tomorrows race. sheer raw speed enable Schumi to capture 9th spot on the grind and get within 3 tenths of his teammate. The first victory for this 7 times WDC is now in sight. In addition Ross Brawn will be seeding the clouds at racetime. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tazio
25th September 2010, 16:27
Perfect strategy for "The Scuds" Felipe has a problem at the start of the race and Fred passes him under waved blue flags then FM's Ferrari suddenly finds speed and Fred and FM trade positions about 8 times :p : :s ailor:

jens
25th September 2010, 18:03
I don't agree with the criticism about the chicane. I mean Adelaide has such kerbs everywhere. :p : And logically it is simply good to have a challenging corner, which from time-to-time catches drivers out.

Qualifying?
Damn, Alonso on pole. His title suddenly seems increasingly likely! Especially if he can fight against RBR's on pure pace.
McLaren goes quite well considering their troubles on twitchy circuits earlier in the season.
Vettel will likely drop to P3-P4 tomorrow, even if he doesn't suffer any troubles.
I was expecting a lot more from Kubica-Renault combo here.
It is also interesting to see Alguersuari coming good once again at the end of the season, but it's also worth noting that at this phase of the season he is already racing on circuits, from which he has experience from last year.
Thankfully it wasn't Alonso instead of Massa, whose car broke down in Q1 or otherwise we would see a crash by Massa early in the race to bring out SC, which helped Alonso tremendously at Monaco for instance. :p :

Mia 01
25th September 2010, 19:13

kabomm

steveaki13
25th September 2010, 20:37
WOW what a performance. Obviously Schumi set his car up for the rain so he can blast to the front in tomorrows race. sheer raw speed enable Schumi to capture 9th spot on the grind and get within 3 tenths of his teammate. The first victory for this 7 times WDC is now in sight. In addition Ross Brawn will be seeding the clouds at racetime. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You really have it in for Schumi don't you.

steveaki13
25th September 2010, 20:41
Hoping for a good race tomorrow.

My guess is that Hamilton will jump Vettel and him and Alonso will be close for the 1st few laps, until the race settles.

The danger for Webber being the last of the top 5, is he can easily have his race ruined again, by slipping behind Barrichello and Rosberg. Leaving himself a mountain to climb.
Similar for Button too.

Those two really need great starts and give us a clean 5 way fight.

Also looking forward to Massa getting up through the back markers.

Should have the Hispania's and Trulli off the start and then by Lap 3 be clear of the back 6, then it gets tougher.

All in all should be good.

F1boat
25th September 2010, 21:04
Great qualifying, for me a very surprising Pole for Fernando Alonso, as I was sure that Vettel will win Pole. I am also happy with a Top Ten result for Michael. However, I am concerned for Ferrari as the problem with Felipe may repeat itself - I hope that I am wrong. Tomorrow the fight will be intense and if it rains it will become chaotic.

Roamy
26th September 2010, 02:54
Great qualifying, for me a very surprising Pole for Fernando Alonso, as I was sure that Vettel will win Pole. I am also happy with a Top Ten result for Michael. However, I am concerned for Ferrari as the problem with Felipe may repeat itself - I hope that I am wrong. Tomorrow the fight will be intense and if it rains it will become chaotic.

why are you surprised the best driver in F1 has the pole?

maximilian
26th September 2010, 03:42
why are you surprised the best driver in F1 has the pole?
Vettel seemed well ahead of anyone's pace in practice, and it was a bit anti-climactic that no one really stepped up to snatch the pole away from Alonso in the late running, as happens so often...

Saint Devote
26th September 2010, 04:01
Absolutely magnificent performance by El Nano. The pressure was on him like nobody else today, with Massa out early and the gremlins during qualifying.

But Vettel is only 67/100ths behind and he had a problematic Q3 - not to take anything away from Fernando.

I cannot imagine a starting front row that is more explosive than Alonso and Vettel - and the Spaniard is the wiliest of the two.

Vettel is the least experienced of the top drivers whilst Alonso is a double WDC.

Alonso has a basket of tricks - he played one at Monza where it comes to light that he lifted suddenly and VERY quickly when he saw Massa gaining on him causing the Brazilian to slow and Hamilton was eliminated.

Alonso is the f1 version of the Eiger Sanction operative - Senna would smile and glow with pleasure at the tricks.

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:43
I think Massa just had an engine problem. :(

Nope. The mapping of his engine was wrong. Not the engine. Alonso's engine was remapped and no problem.

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:45
it was about as good a result i expected out of Hamilton. Now we will see if Vettel and Alonso get into some fireworks at the start of the race and if that ferrari engine will hold up. Button running interference against Webber is also great news, as well as boosting his own championship ambitions.

Should be a good race tomorrow.

kudos to williams and Rubens, doing that time with twice the fuel others had on board.

I think LH start will be VERY cautious. Hopefully he learned his lesson in Monza and he is not going to risk the whole race at the first corner. THe same applies to Vettel obviously.

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:46
In races.

Blowing them up in practice and qualifying suggests that they do have issues. I guess they'll use this as an excuse to stick a 9th engine in Massa's car as the 10th place penalty won't exactly hurt him.

You guess was correct sir. Why not making a lemonade out of lemon. Right?

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:49
kabomm

Not really. Obviously you don't know or pretend ypu don't that the problem was electronic not mechanic.

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:51
I don't agree with the criticism about the chicane. I mean Adelaide has such kerbs everywhere. :p : And logically it is simply good to have a challenging corner, which from time-to-time catches drivers out.

Qualifying?
Damn, Alonso on pole. His title suddenly seems increasingly likely! Especially if he can fight against RBR's on pure pace.
McLaren goes quite well considering their troubles on twitchy circuits earlier in the season.
Vettel will likely drop to P3-P4 tomorrow, even if he doesn't suffer any troubles.
I was expecting a lot more from Kubica-Renault combo here.
It is also interesting to see Alguersuari coming good once again at the end of the season, but it's also worth noting that at this phase of the season he is already racing on circuits, from which he has experience from last year.
Thankfully it wasn't Alonso instead of Massa, whose car broke down in Q1 or otherwise we would see a crash by Massa early in the race to bring out SC, which helped Alonso tremendously at Monaco for instance. :p :

IMO, and in the opinion of many, McLaren is very bouncy on this track. More so than the leading teams. So I think that tomorrow, unless it rains, they won't be able to really bring a challenge to RB and Ferrari.

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:52
I would say the Renault is the most reliable unit at present when we look at the suppliers in reference to the point in the season. Most drivers have used 6 engines by this stage with Mercedes and Cosworth pretty much level on reliability. Of course teams are responsible for some elements of unreliability with circumstances like overheating (Ferrari, Sauber) which do not directly reflect on the engine but when we look at the usage I would Renault are currently on top. :)

McLaren Jenson Button 6
McLaren Lewis Hamilton 6
Mercedes Michael Schumacher 6
Mercedes Nico Rosberg 6
FI Adrian Sutil 6
FI Vitantonio Liuzzi 6

Red Bull Sebastian Vettel 6
Red Bull Mark Webber 6
Renault Robert Kubica 5
Renault Vitaly Petrov 5

Ferrari Felipe Massa 7
Ferrari Fernando Alonso 7
Sauber Pedro De La Rosa 9
Sauber Kamui Kobayashi 6
STR Sébastien Buemi 6
STR Jaime Alguersuari 6

Williams Rubens Barrichello 6
Williams Nico Hülkenberg 6
Lotus Jarno Trulli 6
Lotus Heikki Kovalainen 6
HRT Karun Chandhok/Sakon Yamamoto 6
HRT Bruno Senna 6
Virgin Timo Glock 6
Virgin Lucas Di Grassi 6

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/08/ferrari-bulletproof-red-bull-more-reliable-than-mclaren/

mstillhere
26th September 2010, 04:56
Absolutely magnificent performance by El Nano. The pressure was on him like nobody else today, with Massa out early and the gremlins during qualifying.

But Vettel is only 67/100ths behind and he had a problematic Q3 - not to take anything away from Fernando.

I cannot imagine a starting front row that is more explosive than Alonso and Vettel - and the Spaniard is the wiliest of the two.

Vettel is the least experienced of the top drivers whilst Alonso is a double WDC.

Alonso has a basket of tricks - he played one at Monza where it comes to light that he lifted suddenly and VERY quickly when he saw Massa gaining on him causing the Brazilian to slow and Hamilton was eliminated.

Alonso is the f1 version of the Eiger Sanction operative - Senna would smile and glow with pleasure at the tricks.

Alonso's best times were with hot tires. So, IF it does not rain that much, he should be able to get away fairly easily leaving Vettel dealing with LH.

Saint Devote
26th September 2010, 05:00
I think LH start will be VERY cautious. Hopefully he learned his lesson in Monza and he is not going to risk the whole race at the first corner. THe same applies to Vettel obviously.

Its not that straightforward.

What was witnessed at Monza was the instinctive quitessential Hamilton. It is the same approach that allows him to also have the confidence to overtake so well.

And sometimes as vital moments it destroys his race but mostly by far, he succeeds.

His greatest drive remains his GP2 race at Hungary in 2006. For on that day, the quintessential Hamilton was Senna-like.

Saint Devote
26th September 2010, 05:05
Alonso's best times were with hot tires. So, IF it does not rain that much, he should be able to get away fairly easily leaving Vettel dealing with LH.

:D And as with all racing plans - they always come to nought!

As the saying goes, Man plans and G-d laughs!

Although Lewis, being religious, if he does win against the odds tomorrow may well once again credit the "hand of the Lord" with his win.

F1boat
26th September 2010, 07:20
I think that the start can be disastrous. Alonso is a smart driver, but Ferrari are slow starters and if you take into considerations that two very risky drivers are behind him, everything can happens, and if it rains, everything will likely happen. Nothing is decided yet. Absolutely nothing.

N4D13
26th September 2010, 09:28
I think that the start can be disastrous. Alonso is a smart driver, but Ferrari are slow starters and if you take into considerations that two very risky drivers are behind him, everything can happens, and if it rains, everything will likely happen. Nothing is decided yet. Absolutely nothing.
Slow starters? If there is a car which has proven not to be able to do decent starts, that's the RBR. Ferrari starts are OK - not as great as the McLaren's, but OK anyway. The most recent examples I can think of are Germany and Hungary, where the Ferraris gained positions to the RBR guys in the start.

Tazio
26th September 2010, 09:38

Dr. Hemlock I presume? :monster:

Sorry to wander off topic but;
I can't let such a great metaphor pass without acknowledgement :up:
It is in my opinion Eastwoods best movie, and
it is right up there with The Boys from Brazil and The (original) Manchurian Candidate.
OK lads what was the topic again? :confused:

jens
26th September 2010, 10:12
IMO, and in the opinion of many, McLaren is very bouncy on this track. More so than the leading teams. So I think that tomorrow, unless it rains, they won't be able to really bring a challenge to RB and Ferrari.

Looking at the tendencies so far this season, McLaren has been faster in race trim compared to qualifying and the opposite has applied to Red Bull. And despite this bouncy track Hamilton was still a mere tenth behind Vettel (who, admittedly, didn't make a perfect lap) in quali and ahead of Webber together with Button. But Alonso is the obvious favourite to win the race.

F1boat
26th September 2010, 10:53
Any idea what's the weather like?

N4D13
26th September 2010, 11:02
Any idea what's the weather like?
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=844494&postcount=31

http://www.google.com/search?source=...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

http://weather.yahoo.com/singapore/central-singapore/singapore-1062617/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5015 :confused:

Looks like some rain :D

I'm hoping they start behind the safety car ;)

Big Ben
26th September 2010, 11:19
FA's biggest problem is right next to him. I hope Vettel will not do one of his 'moves' on him. He seems to have problems seeing the bigger picture.... Like in Germany where his only goal seemed to be in front of the Spaniard no matter what that position would be

Daika
26th September 2010, 13:09
In 2008 and 2009 i wasn't able to watch the Singapore race because it was in the middle of the summerholidays. Now after seeing the race for 10 min, this is a mickey mouse track where the safety car decides the race.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 13:50
WTF mclaren!!!!!

bring the boys in now!!

should have brought them in 10 laps ago

stop waiting for another SC

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 13:52
They're talking about this race becoming a permanent fixture. Why? Is F1 that dazzled by the bright lights that they can't see that this circuit is rubbish? Even a Virgin was hard to pass for god's sake!

truefan72
26th September 2010, 13:53
complete insane strategy by mclaren, the only guy they needed to be concerend with was webber and they blew it!

truefan72
26th September 2010, 13:58
They're talking about this race becoming a permanent fixture. Why? Is F1 that dazzled by the bright lights that they can't see that this circuit is rubbish? Even a Virgin was hard to pass for god's sake!

stop complaining about the track and enjoy the race!

Safety car! yes

truefan72
26th September 2010, 13:59
senna what an idiot

Daika
26th September 2010, 14:00
Ofcourse SC, so easy to get the SC car. Crap circuit, it is not always a SC at Monaco when a car hit the barrier.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:01
hamilton and button given a second chance

webber now the odd one out with older tures

ShiftingGears
26th September 2010, 14:02
Is F1 that dazzled by the bright lights that they can't see that this circuit is rubbish?

Sadly yes.

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:03
stop complaining about the track and enjoy the race!

Safety car! yes

If the race was that entertaining I wouldn't have time to complain about the track. Sadly I have plenty of time.

I don't get Red Bull. if Vettel is that much quicker why pit him on the same lap as Alonso? :confused:

Daika
26th September 2010, 14:08
Hamilton...

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:09
Webber - Hamilton. Ooops!

donKey jote
26th September 2010, 14:11
Ham clobbered by Web :o

donKey jote
26th September 2010, 14:12
Heidi clobbered by grandpa :o

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:12
I think that one is on Webber.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:13
webber that @#$%^

just proving once again what a poor character he has when being overtaken
I'm sorry but the guy crossed the line yet again. he was beaten fair and square, and actually went over the inside kerb and ploughed right into hamilton

Daika
26th September 2010, 14:14
Who is directing this race??? we want instant replays not 3 min later.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:17
this race shows to me the difference in quality between hamilton and button. both came in on the strategy time both got the same new tires and while hamilton easily reeled in webber, button is loosing ground to webber with old tires. right now when Mclaren needs him to pass webber and get a podium, button is traipsing around behind webber.

unbelievable

ShiftingGears
26th September 2010, 14:18
Racing incident. Would like to see Heidfeld vs Schumacher again, that looked like a bit of a strange one.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:19
Lewis was ahead but Webber had nowhere to go... Racing incident and possibly the end of Hamilton's World Championship.. :(

he had plenty of things he could have done, like not crashing into hamilton, or understanding that he got beat to the corner, or not taking an abnormal line into that corner. It's pretty clear to me that webber is at fault and needs a stop go penalty

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:20
why is button not doing better?
should have passed webber already

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:22
why is button not doing better?
should have passed webber already

Why? Glock managed to keep cars behind him, you don't think Webber in the fastest car on grid can do the same, old tyres or new?

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:26
I'm sorry but button is useless in my book.
loosing ground to webber lap after lap with a car with terrible tires.
Before the incident, Hamliton was about a second faster than webber

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:28
Button should at least be on Webber's backside pressuring him into a mistake.

exactly, instead he seems content to come in 4th as if he is scared of webber

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:30
terrible decision, we all know that if it were reversed they would be calling in hamilton. I've seen action taken on a lot less

ShiftingGears
26th September 2010, 14:33
What was with McLaren's strategy earlier? No way should Webber have leapfrogged both of them had the strategists not messed up. Also, Renault not putting softs on Kubica. Don't see the reasoning there.

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:34
terrible decision, we all know that if it were reversed they would be calling in hamilton. I've seen action taken on a lot less

It's a racing incident. Hamilton was never a full car length in front of Webber. I still think Webber was at 'fault' if you want to go there but to penalise him would have been too harsh.

ShiftingGears
26th September 2010, 14:39
terrible decision, we all know that if it were reversed they would be calling in hamilton.

No, that is just your opinion.

I've seen action taken on a lot less

Some stewards are less meddling than others. You can never second guess them.

Ranger
26th September 2010, 14:39
terrible decision, we all know that if it were reversed they would be calling in hamilton.

No.

terrible decision, we all know that if it were I've seen action taken on a lot less

Doesn't mean that would be justified.

They didn't even investigate Kobayashi harpooning Schumacher so I don't see why they should have punished anyone for a genuine racing incident.

Don't forget that stewards, just like you or I, are subjective.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:41
It's a racing incident. Hamilton was never a full car length in front of Webber. I still think Webber was at 'fault' if you want to go there but to penalise him would have been too harsh.

I hear you, bit why is it that incidents always surround webber when he is being passed. he knew that he was toast and instead of conceding, he knew that if he did not do that he would cause an incident, which he did. So it was clear to me that he knew he was being passed and choose to take the more controversial action.

Button needs to overtake him, but seems incapable of doing so which simply reaffirms my opinions about his quality as a competitive driver

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:47
Sutil just demonstrated what Mark maybe should have done, but then again he is not fighting for the WDC. :)

...which is even more of the reason why Webber should have been more cautious.

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:47
I hear you, bit why is it that incidents always surround webber when he is being passed. he knew that he was toast and instead of conceding, he knew that if he did not do that he would cause an incident, which he did. So it was clear to me that he knew he was being passed and choose to take the more controversial action.

Button needs to overtake him, but seems incapable of doing so which simply reaffirms my opinions about his quality as a competitive driver

I think it's because Webber is a hard arse and simply won't give in no matter what. It get's him in trouble at times but it's a competitive sport.

I agree with you about Button in general but there's no way he was going to get past Webber, old tyres or not.

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:51
vettel is taking alonso in the next lap

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:52
ridiculous by kovy, simply ridiculous!

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 14:53
Fried Lotus!

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:56
pathetic by button

donKey jote
phew :up:

Hawkmoon
vettel is taking alonso in the next lap

Or not. :D

truefan72
26th September 2010, 14:57
I'm pissed and disappointed all around

good night folks!

suzuka should favor the macs

God knows, they need it

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

donKey jote
26th September 2010, 14:59
an almost perfect race :laugh: :D :D

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 15:00
an almost perfect race :laugh: :D :D

It was, wasn't it? :D

donKey jote
26th September 2010, 15:02
the donkey is back :D

ShiftingGears
26th September 2010, 15:03
From my perspective thats a race to forget. :mark:

I thought the race was pretty damn good, poor circuit or not. Vettel really pushed Alonso hard there.

Although the best thing about the end of the Singapore race is that Suzuka is up next :D

donKey jote
26th September 2010, 15:04
3 wins from the last 5...
shame about Spa :p

F1boat
26th September 2010, 15:07
Amazing race... I was shaking with excitement. Forza Ferrari! Forza Alonso!

Hawkmoon
26th September 2010, 15:08
I thought the race was pretty damn good, poor circuit or not. Vettel really pushed Alonso hard there.

Although the best thing about the end of the Singapore race is that Suzuka is up next :D

Suzuka should favour Red Bull. I think it's still advantage Red Bull over the remaining circuits but Ferrari aren't far off. I'm not sure where McLaren are but the title is starting to look a little like Alonso vs Webber vs Vettel. I'm not writing Hamilton off but dropping 50 points to Alonso in 2 races is a hard blow. More so when he's at a car disadvantage.

F1boat
26th September 2010, 15:11
Fred is terrific, I can't write him off even if Suzuka, where Red Bull should be untouchable.

UltimateDanGTR
26th September 2010, 15:21
good race but dissapointing result from my perspective.

well done Alonso, he did well, but I still loath him.

and Kovalainen-I'm not even going to question it.

Hamilton vs Webber-I personally blame Hamilton the most for not giving enough room, although he said webber was in his blind spot. Still, the two are fighting for a world championship and Hamilton especially should have been more cautious, he could have had webber at the next corner anyway. good initiative to get alongside beforehand though, and webber defended toughly as he should but maybe could have got out of it.

Dave B
26th September 2010, 15:22
BBC forum showing that Webber was lucky to finish: his front right tyre wasn't properly seated on the rim, probably as a consequence of the incident with Hamilton. :eek:

Bobby_Hamlin
26th September 2010, 15:29
I personally blame Hamilton the most for not giving enough room, although he said webber was in his blind spot. Still, the two are fighting for a world championship and Hamilton especially should have been more cautious, he could have had webber at the next corner anyway. good initiative to get alongside beforehand though, and webber defended toughly as he should but maybe could have got out of it.

I don't think you can blame Hamilton for pursuing an opportunity that fell into his lap first with the safety car and then the backmarker slowing Webber. It's hard to see how Hamilton could have got out of it without jumping out of the way seeing as he was almost ahead going into the braking zone, Webber was the one that could better judge things; although I'm surprised to see Hamilton claim he didn't know he was there as to me it looked like he gave some room on the inside as he turned into the corner.

At Monza Hamilton was on the inside and his wheel broke, this time he was on the outside and it broke again, there was an element of bad luck involved both times.

Regardless, unless McLaren really pull a rabbit out of the hat with upgrades then surely now it's a straight Alonso and Red Bull fight - I think this championship is almost Fernando's to lose.

UltimateDanGTR
26th September 2010, 15:33
I don't think you can blame Hamilton for pursuing an opportunity that fell into his lap first with the safety car and then the backmarker slowing Webber. It's hard to see how Hamilton could have got out of it without jumping out of the way seeing as he was almost ahead going into the braking zone, Webber was the one that could better judge things; although I'm surprised to see Hamilton claim he didn't know he was there as to me it looked like he gave some room on the inside as he turned into the corner.

At Monza Hamilton was on the inside and his wheel broke, this time he was on the outside and it broke again, there was an element of bad luck involved both times.

Regardless, unless McLaren really pull a rabbit out of the hat with upgrades then surely now it's a straight Alonso and Red Bull fight - I think this championship is almost Fernando's to lose.

Like I said in my post I dont blame him taking the oppurtunity either, and you're right he did give some room. But the problem is, he didn't give enough (or seem to). If he didn't see him he could have given more room to be sure because he must have had an idea he would be somewhere there.

Though the broken suspension was very unlucky when you consider Webber was (seemingly) fine at the time, though on the F1 forum DC showed on webber's car the tyre away from the rim by a couple of centimetres, and in the respect MW was lucky to get to the finish.

so I say little mistake by hamilton leading to very bad luck.

Dave B
26th September 2010, 16:56
20 second penalty for Sutil, dropping him to 10th, for gaining an advantage on lap 1 by cutting the chicane at turn 7.

The stewards took their time with that one, didn't they? :eek:

F1boat
26th September 2010, 16:58
Yes, very stupid. :(

steveaki13
26th September 2010, 17:11
Thats ridiculous why couldn't they work that one out while they ruled out action in the two collisions.

yet another strange timing of a decision.

UltimateDanGTR
26th September 2010, 17:31
yet another strange timing of a decision.

at least let us be thankful the stewards aren't as bad as those in the WTCC ;)

Dave B
26th September 2010, 17:32
at least let us be thankful the stewards aren't as bad as those in the WTCC ;)
They recently black-flagged a race leader for no apparent reason. That would have suited me down to the ground today :p

UltimateDanGTR
26th September 2010, 17:40
They recently black-flagged a race leader for no apparent reason. That would have suited me down to the ground today :p

I understand. and totally agree :D

Dave B
26th September 2010, 18:55
Another penalty.

After Sutil was handed a 20-second penalty, Force India protested that Hulkenburg also benefited from cutting the chicane. The stewards agreed and have handed him the same penalty, meaning Sutil moves up to 9th and the Williams driver drops to 10th. Massa, meanwhile, moves up to 8th.

Maybe now the stewards can get some sleep... :s

F1boat
26th September 2010, 19:30
This is ridiculous IMO. These penalties should be given in the race and within an hour of the end of the race.

Dave B
26th September 2010, 19:32
Agreed. Give it a few hours and Liuzzi will have won!

F1boat
26th September 2010, 19:44
:D

steveaki13
26th September 2010, 20:39
Agreed. Give it a few hours and Liuzzi will have won!

Glory for Force India at last. :champion:

How will Di Resta get into the team now :s :p

Robinho
27th September 2010, 11:45
Hamilton v Webber i can't see it as anything other than Webbers fault, it was very similar to Monza, except this time it wasn't hamilton trying to put his car where it wasn't welcome. I think it was Webbers mistake and he was a. incredibly lucky not to lose his front wheel or puncture and b. incredibly lucky not to get a drive through. That might be all the luck he needs now, but Alonso and Vettel look faster at this stage of the season. it may be Webbers last piece of luck could be Korea being called off giving the others less races to make up the gap.

all in a fairly dull race punctuated by some safety car action

Tazio
27th September 2010, 14:53
Another penalty.

After Sutil was handed a 20-second penalty, Force India protested that Hulkenburg also benefited from cutting the chicane. The stewards agreed and have handed him the same penalty, meaning Sutil moves up to 9th and the Williams driver drops to 10th. Massa, meanwhile, moves up to 8th.

Maybe now the stewards can get some sleep... :s So Ferrari pick up more wcc points as FM moves to eighth.
Not wanting to take anything away from the kube who had a fantastic result, but this has to feel good to Felipe as his race really sucked having to run it all less one lap on the same set of primes (which made him dead meat for RK) and he spent all the good life in those tires stuck in a train of slower cars. Yes a small one but a good consolation for him.

pettersolberg29
27th September 2010, 14:53
I think that it was definately not Hamilton's fault, but possibly not Webber's either. Just a racing incident where Webber tried something that was fair in my opinion, and it was just unlucky that it didn't work.

Dave B
27th September 2010, 15:25
There's an amazing sequence of photos of Heikki's fire on Lotus Racing's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=257758&id=292309963464

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs684.snc4/62426_484508233464_292309963464_6823597_2910179_n. jpg

Roamy
27th September 2010, 15:47
hamilton arrived at the corner first and webber should not have hit him

pettersolberg29
27th September 2010, 22:22
hamilton arrived at the corner first and webber should not have hit him

He shouldn't, but it was a move that was worth trying I think. In a perfect world though you are right - it was Hamilton's corner and Webber butted in.

SilverArrows
27th September 2010, 23:12
Another vintage performance by Alonso. So pleased he's using his head again instead of making uncharacteristic errors.

wedge
28th September 2010, 14:24
Another vintage performance by Alonso. So pleased he's using his head again instead of making uncharacteristic errors.

I would love to why - by his standards Alonso was driving like a muppet for part of the first half of the season

The pressure of driving for Ferrari does not cut it for me

F1boat
29th September 2010, 07:07

Me too!

SilverArrows
29th September 2010, 20:25
I would love to why - by his standards Alonso was driving like a muppet for part of the first half of the season

The pressure of driving for Ferrari does not cut it for me

Yeah it's been weird season for Fernando. The jump start in China and whacking the barrier in Monaco were mistakes you'd expect from a rookie, not a double world champion. But now he's putting his head down in the phase of the season where it matters and is producing the type of drives that won him the title in 2005 and 2006 and almost got him there in 2007. IMO he was just trying too hard in the first half of the season and got too excited about having a championship-contending car again.

Tazio
29th September 2010, 21:12
Yeah it's been weird season for Fernando. The jump start in China and whacking the barrier in Monaco were mistakes you'd expect from a rookie, not a double world champion. But now he's putting his head down in the phase of the season where it matters and is producing the type of drives that won him the title in 2005 and 2006 and almost got him there in 2007. IMO he was just trying too hard in the first half of the season and got too excited about having a championship-contending car again.I'm not ready to anoint him but I'll be damned if he wasn't saying all along that it was going to go down like, this and also that it was too close to call.
No links Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

ioan
29th September 2010, 21:15
Yeah it's been weird season for Fernando. The jump start in China and whacking the barrier in Monaco were mistakes you'd expect from a rookie, not a double world champion. But now he's putting his head down in the phase of the season where it matters and is producing the type of drives that won him the title in 2005 and 2006 and almost got him there in 2007. IMO he was just trying too hard in the first half of the season and got too excited about having a championship-contending car again.

He has met with the barriers 4 weeks ago too, so anything is possible he might retire twice in the remaining races.

Roamy
30th September 2010, 02:35

What - All champions hit the wall - it is not rookie. Senna in Monaco, The wall of champions in Montreal. on and on. you don't drive on the edge without hitting Sh!t now and then.

F1boat
30th September 2010, 07:09

The good thing is that now he seems to be in control.

ShiftingGears
1st October 2010, 01:41
I think Kamui flogging that car around Singapore was definitely influenced by Heidfeld's return. Hope he doesn't let Heidfeld get to him.

Tazio
1st October 2010, 03:11
I think Kamui flogging that car around Singapore was definitely influenced by Heidfeld's return. Hope he doesn't let Heidfeld get to him.I want Nick to succeed but was it just a coincidence that Kamui stunk the place out?
First and only time I've voted him Donkey! :(