PDA

View Full Version : Jokey Button not welcome at Monza

bontebempo
13th September 2010, 12:38
Did anyone else notice how Jenson was not really welcome at the Monza celebrations?

Pre-podium he was chatting to the Ferrari boss and the making some joke. Which was handled uncomfortably.

Podium: Button was pouring champagne down the Ferrari boss's back which also was handled with with a jokey 'oh, your terrible' attitude. He was kinda shooed away... very funny.

If your not a Ferrari man at Monza your not welcome on the podium if your joined by 2 Ferrari drivers.

Sonic
13th September 2010, 12:39
Eh?

ArrowsFA1
13th September 2010, 12:40
:confused:

Mark
13th September 2010, 13:14
I know exactly what he means. Kind of like the kid who trys to join in with 'the gang' who don't really want him there! But it's understandable, after all you have two team-mates who of course are going to be celebrating their teams success with each other, and not so much with a rival driver. It's usually the case when a team gets both it's drivers onto the podium.

What it hasn't got anything to do with is it being specific to Ferrari or Monza. It would be the same if it were Abu Dhabi and you had two McLaren drivers and a Renault driver.

Sonic
13th September 2010, 15:46
I know exactly what he means. Kind of like the kid who trys to join in with 'the gang' who don't really want him there! But it's understandable, after all you have two team-mates who of course are going to be celebrating their teams success with each other, and not so much with a rival driver. It's usually the case when a team gets both it's drivers onto the podium.

What it hasn't got anything to do with is it being specific to Ferrari or Monza. It would be the same if it were Abu Dhabi and you had two McLaren drivers and a Renault driver.

You heard it here first guys - McLaren/Renault lock out at Abu Dhabi. You've scooped the news of the world there....

bontebempo
13th September 2010, 16:29
What it hasn't got anything to do with is it being specific to Ferrari or Monza. It would be the same if it were Abu Dhabi and you had two McLaren drivers and a Renault driver.[/QUOTE]

Course its specific to Ferrari and Monza! Monza have the most fanatical fans in F1. tsk...

Retro Formula 1
13th September 2010, 17:34

Course its specific to Ferrari and Monza! Monza have the most fanatical fans in F1. tsk...

What point are you trying to make exactly?

This has all the markings of being a purely negative thread for the sake of it. I saw nothing wrong with what Fernando, Massa or SD did. If you wind back a few minutes, you will see Jenson and Alonso genuinely congratulating each other.

I don't see why you are trying to put down what was a superb achievement for Ferrari and I certainly didn't see them behave inappropriately.

steveaki13
13th September 2010, 18:03
I actually thought pre podium the relationship between the Ferrari side and Button looked quite good.

Don't think they would have been this close in the Ron Dennis, Jean Todt and Schumi era.

Also Button got a fair cheer on the poidum from the fans.

truefan72
13th September 2010, 18:06
time to close this thread

pino
13th September 2010, 18:21
Did anyone else notice how Jenson was not really welcome at the Monza celebrations?

Sorry but the only thing I saw was both Ferrari drivers, Domenicali and Button having great fun. I've even heard Jenson asking Domenicali if he knew the currently standings and Stefano replying and smiling with "Sorry I don't know" Then I believe (ital tv microphones were very low) Button replied again "I don't believe you because you've had plenty of time to find out that" and whilst laughing he went straigth to the podium for the celebration. So I don't see any reasons for you to start again another negative thread :down: