PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jordan....

MrJan
13th September 2010, 11:05
....is the reason that I can't watch the BBC pre-race build up. That is all.

Valve Bounce
13th September 2010, 11:32
You can always use the MUTE on your remote.

Robinho
13th September 2010, 11:42
he is getting increasingly embarrassing. He stumbles and fumbles his way through his responses and appears to try to say something stupid or controversial on the basis that if he comes up with enough crap, sooner or later one of them will be true and he'll look like some kind of Oracle.

He's fluffed just about every punch line and generally trips himself up everytime he speaks, its like a school kid being asked to give a presentation in front of his class that he hasn't prepared.

or in short, COCK!

Sonic
13th September 2010, 11:52
COCK!

Fact. POW!

I do enjoy watching the Vein in DC's neck twitch when EJ disagree's with him - I'm beginning to think he is contractually obliged to never agree with David.

Retro Formula 1
13th September 2010, 11:58
I love him. Car crash presenting at it's best :laugh:

MrJan
13th September 2010, 12:23
You can always use the MUTE on your remote.

I do, that's why I miss the pre-race build up. I don't want to sit there pressing mute every time that EJ is on, then turning the sound back on for when DC or Mr Humphrey are talking, then mute again for the irksome Irishman. Instead I stick it on mute and then get distracted by doing something else.

It's terrible how he can be talking about how drivers think, but always manages to say the opposite of what Coulthard (who was a driver) thinks.

Hang on......someone who always goes against the consensus, no mater how stupid it sounds, I think that EJ might be a certain member of this forum :laugh: ;)

JBAFCB
13th September 2010, 12:46
Love him or hate him he's great entertainment. He speaks his mind and he is not scared to say what he thinks and he always says things or ask the questions to their faces

True he may talk crap a lot of the time but he makes me laugh most of the time and I think he's quality to watch at times

Mark
13th September 2010, 13:17
Fact. POW!

I do enjoy watching the Vein in DC's neck twitch when EJ disagree's with him - I'm beginning to think he is contractually obliged to never agree with David.

Which is what makes it so entertaining to watch :D

Z926A12
13th September 2010, 13:44
The BBC have clearly gone for the Top Gear (read three blokes who enjoy each others company almost as much are they enjoy arguing) presentation style.

It's good to watch, but EJ really comes across as someone who knows very little about what he's talking about. But we've known that for years.

Mark
13th September 2010, 13:58
True. But we all know that both EJ and DC have vast experience in F1, and that they really do know what they are on about!

Cooper_S
13th September 2010, 16:21
EJ's length of time in F1 is without question... his comments at times however makes you think that with all that experience he should know better.. yet race after race he never fails to place his foot in his mouth.

Also he is not as impartial as I would like a BBC presenter to be...

steveaki13
13th September 2010, 17:51
I like EJ generally, but have to admit that on BBC's coverage he does struggle to get his words out and therefore can ramble on and leave everyone stumped. Not great for a TV pundit.
However that said he and DC are good to watch.

Zico
13th September 2010, 17:53
True. But we all know that both EJ and DC have vast experience in F1, and that they really do know what they are on about!

Yep, I think EJ provides a valuable insight into F1 politics and what is really going on, he can come across as being really opinionated and can get it wrong on occasion but generally he really does know what he's talking about and quite passionate with it. Whether I agree with him or not, I actually like hearing his views on things.

Dr. Krogshöj
13th September 2010, 21:16
Did any of you guys catch Eddie Irvine on the F1 forum after the race? I'm not really familiar with the Belfast accent so I might be wide off the mark but I thought he was speaking in an American accent?

steveaki13
13th September 2010, 21:45
Get Eddie v Eddie on a subject and its.... :crazy: and :confused: and makes your head feel... :arrows: .

Ha Ha :D

jens
14th September 2010, 11:10
As much as I have watched BBC coverage on F1, I have to mention Jordan's presence there is a good addition. He can be a bit emotional, but at least he is an interesting and passionate character to listen to and has some clear opinions, even if you don't always agree with them.

wedge
14th September 2010, 12:43
The interview with Webber after the European GP exposed EJ. He did his usual controversial rant and then later his line of questioning was thoughtfully worded in such a way so as not to get a knuckle sandwich.

The one thing I do love about EJ is that he has the knack for grabbing people for Beeb. Last year Schumi was in the background and cajoled him in front of the camera and did the same with Stefano Domenicali at the German GP at the right juicy moment.

Also, I was very impressed by Eddie Irvine in the F1 Forum. Not the usual theatrically-opinionated remarks known to be quoted from.