12th September 2010, 14:16
McLaren Strategists
Lewis Hamilton
FIA + Hulk
EDDIE JORDAN

truefan72
12th September 2010, 14:21
team Mclaren

1. Hamilton for screwing his race and throwing valuable points away where just a bit of patience in the first bloody lap would have probably seen Hamilton in the mix for a win

2. Button's strategists for bringing in Button early when it was clear his car could have ran for another 10 laps or more. Button was right to question the team why the hell they brought him in.

today was a day of complete frustration and thankfully Webber only came in 6th

ShiftingGears
12th September 2010, 14:23
Hamilton - his F1 career at Monza hasn't gone well for him.

Completely outpaced by Alonso in '07
Awful qualifying result and 7th place finish in '08
Crash in '09
Crash in '10

DexDexter
12th September 2010, 14:23
1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Mclaren strategy- it's generally more likely that stopping one lap later than the opponent is the quicker way than the other way around.

AndyL
12th September 2010, 14:24
Bridgestone again, for bringing "soft" tyres that completed 98% of race distance on Vettel's car.

gm99
12th September 2010, 14:31
Hamilton - still hasn't learned that you don't win the race (much less the championship) on lap one.

motetarip
12th September 2010, 14:31
Hamilton for a stupid crash
Alonso for just existing (and also punting Button on the first corner)
Hulkenberg for chopping the corners when being overtaken

I don't think Button could have gone much further on the tyres, he was consistently locking up into turn 1

truefan72
12th September 2010, 14:32
team Mclaren

1. Hamilton for screwing his race and throwing valuable points away where just a bit of patience in the first bloody lap would have probably seen Hamilton in the mix for a win

2. Button's strategists for bringing in Button early when it was clear his car could have ran for another 10 laps or more. Button was right to question the team why the hell they brought him in.

today was a day of complete frustration and thankfully Webber only came in 6th

3. the team for releasing Hamilton in traffic for qualy yesterday, and also LH for not backing up enough to allow himself more space.

A weekend of wasted opportunity.
Should have been a 1-2 finish for the team instead they screwed everything up

ioan
12th September 2010, 14:34
Lewis, no question about it.
Next time around they should put some ice into his helmet.

UltimateDanGTR
12th September 2010, 14:34
Lewis for being over optomistic and not backing out of an impossible situation.
Mclaren for making Jenson come in too early-just look at Vettel to see those tyres could have lasted longer.
Hulkenburg and the Stewards also get a deservable mention.

ioan
12th September 2010, 14:36
Alonso for just existing (and also punting Button on the first corner)

:up: ;)

Koz
12th September 2010, 14:36
Yamamoto anyone?

ioan
12th September 2010, 14:39
Yamamoto anyone?

No. He didn't do anything wrong. What exactly is your problem with him?

Koz
12th September 2010, 14:43
No. He didn't do anything wrong. What exactly is your problem with him?

I see. I was under the impression that he did [running over radio man?]. My bad.

F1boat
12th September 2010, 14:44
Lewis.

ArrowsFA1
12th September 2010, 14:45
Hamilton. Could be a costly error.

steveaki13
12th September 2010, 14:48
I see. I was under the impression that he did [running over radio man?]. My bad.

He did injure his radio man, but he was apparently leaning into the car behind his back, and the lollipop man apparently bought the lollipop up and Yamamoto went.

Not completley his fault.

(This is only what I heard, I didn't see it on TV)

steveaki13
12th September 2010, 14:49
Also other donkey

Lewis: As said above way to impatient. He had passed the Red Bulls, should have taken 4th into the chicane then judge from there.

ioan
12th September 2010, 14:49

What was the radio man doing in front of the car in the pitl ane? Not Yamamoto's fault.

truefan72
12th September 2010, 14:50
Yamamoto anyone?

when expectations are low, a simple confusion in the pits does nothing.
It was an unfortunate incident, but on a bright note he brought the car home and finished ahead of Hamilton and Kobayashi ;)

something he can tell his grandkids

ioan
12th September 2010, 14:52
when expectations are low, a simple confusion in the pits does nothing.
It was an unfortunate incident, but on a bright note he brought the car home and finished ahead of Hamilton and Kobayashi ;)

something he can tell his grandkids

And ahead of Senna too. ;)

Robinho
12th September 2010, 16:03
i'd have to say Lewis, a retirement entirely of his own making, after making a good start

maximilian
12th September 2010, 16:38
Lewis clearly wins this one, but to his credit, he admitted his mistake and took blame for it, instead of going for a lame "Massa cut me off" excuse. I am not a Hamilton fan, but I give him credit for facing up to his screw-up.

How Hülkenberg escaped without a drive-thru while Algaeboy was given one for (less of) the same reason, is beyond me!! :confused:

airshifter
12th September 2010, 18:13
Lewis clearly wins this one, but to his credit, he admitted his mistake and took blame for it, instead of going for a lame "Massa cut me off" excuse. I am not a Hamilton fan, but I give him credit for facing up to his screw-up.

How Hülkenberg escaped without a drive-thru while Algaeboy was given one for (less of) the same reason, is beyond me!! :confused:

Agreed on both counts. Lewis was the donkey.

As for those putting the Mclaren decision to put as a donkey move, why? Jenson was quicker on the new tires. It was the better pit stop by Ferrari that cost Jenson the position.

ioan
12th September 2010, 18:50
It was the better pit stop by Ferrari that cost Jenson the position.

It's not Ferrari who were so much faster at pitting, the McLaren pitstop was slower than the average pit stop time.

keysersoze
12th September 2010, 18:53
Yamamoto anyone?

Yamamoto is always on the short list for Donkey-dom. He can barely stay within a second of his rookie teammates. He's forcing me into revisionist history with regard to the careers of Taki Inoue and Alex Yoong. :(

djparky
12th September 2010, 19:08
Lewis Hamilton- a sure 4th place thrown away on the first lap- you can't win the race on lap one but you can certainly lose it

Saint Devote
12th September 2010, 19:44
Jenson's pit crew.

Saint Devote
12th September 2010, 19:45
Lewis Hamilton- a sure 4th place thrown away on the first lap- you can't win the race on lap one but you can certainly lose it

Do you have any idea what it is like to be in that position at the start of the race?

Lewis made a mistake trying to be a RACER. Tes it was a mistake but to call him a "donkey" is not just and not fair.

Saint Devote
12th September 2010, 19:49
It's not Ferrari who were so much faster at pitting, the McLaren pitstop was slower than the average pit stop time.

Exactly!

This was so disappointing - the usual Mclaren stop is 3.4 - 3.8 and this time it was 4.6 as I recall or 4.2??

And Alonso beat him out by 0.8 seconds. Very bad show by the Mclaren mechanics.

steveaki13
12th September 2010, 20:14
Yamamoto is always on the short list for Donkey-dom. He can barely stay within a second of his rookie teammates. He's forcing me into revisionist history with regard to the careers of Taki Inoue and Alex Yoong. :(

Oh I don't know. Yoong was often a full lap behind Webber in a Minardi which could hang on to the coat tails of the next slowest car on occasions.

Also Deletraz will never be beaten as a donkey surely.

ioan
12th September 2010, 20:23
Exactly!

This was so disappointing - the usual Mclaren stop is 3.4 - 3.8 and this time it was 4.6 as I recall or 4.2??

And Alonso beat him out by 0.8 seconds. Very bad show by the Mclaren mechanics.

The difference between them when they braked for turn 1 was more like 0.1 seconds, which means that he could have been ahead with a slightly better pit stop.

SGWilko
12th September 2010, 20:49
Lewis Hamilton.

Nico H/FIA.

Retro Formula 1
12th September 2010, 21:24
Lewis picks this one up. Should be sitting on a healthy lead in the championship tonight.

:(

christophulus
12th September 2010, 21:38
He did injure his radio man, but he was apparently leaning into the car behind his back, and the lollipop man apparently bought the lollipop up and Yamamoto went.

He did, was a nasty hit but apparently the crew member is alright. Hispania got a $20k fine for unsafe release.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/09/12/yamamoto-mechanic-injured-in-pit-stop-video/

Saint Devote
12th September 2010, 21:42
Lewis picks this one up. Should be sitting on a healthy lead in the championship tonight.

:(

Its that red mist - Lewis has never been able to help himself in these situations. He and Vettel are very much alike.

But I disagree that he should be called a donkey.

Saint Devote
12th September 2010, 21:50
Jenson's pit crew.

After reading Jenson's post race comments, it turns out he had bad tyre vibrations on his new tyres - he stated that it was not likely he would have been able to hold Alonso from overtaking.

This at least reduces my annoyance with the pitstop time. It had no effect on the outcome.

Triumph
12th September 2010, 22:11
Unfortunately, Lewis this week.

Sleeper
12th September 2010, 22:39
Emmo, what is this man doing as a steward?

CNR
13th September 2010, 00:25
F.I.A

this is from last year
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3422/5554046/Drivers-warned-against-cutting-Monza-chicanes

Other than to avoid an accident, if a driver cuts or misses a chicane three times during the race a drive-through penalty will automatically be imposed

Ari
13th September 2010, 01:56

There is vision floating around, which I've seen, and it's absolutely not Yamamotos fault. The lollipop man lifted and stepped away while there was a mechanic looking over his engine.

The mechanic noticed that car was moving and started to move away but was not quick enough and the cars wing got him in the head and threw him to the ground as the car move away.

Was a nasty incident but not the drivers fault in any way.

Ari
13th September 2010, 02:02
Do you have any idea what it is like to be in that position at the start of the race?

Lewis made a mistake trying to be a RACER. Tes it was a mistake but to call him a "donkey" is not just and not fair.

Nope.

Lewis for mine this weekend.

As to the above, it was a stupid overtake. He was nowhere near alongside Massa and it was just never going to happen.

YES, being a racer means you need to go for gaps but you also need to be calculated about when, particularly when there is a championship on offer.

To Lewis' credit, he accepted responsibility.

And the second Donkey goes to Emerson Fitipaldi. The Williams of Hulkenberg was way out of its depth and ran off a number of times. Webber should have been awarded that position, everyone knew it but Ems.

Very frustrating as it probably cost Webber 5th and maybe even 4th. 5th as I firmly believe he could have come out ahead of Vettel and 4th because he may have been able to take Rosberg too. Webber has the same engine as Rosberg so with better cornering may have been able to launch out of a corner and take him on the straight.

so Donkey 1. Lewis. 2. Emerson.

AJP
13th September 2010, 02:23
1st - Hamilton - Cool it dude...

2nd - I'm not sure if I can blame Webber or the car, but two weeks in a row he has had a horrible start..what is going on there?????

mstillhere
13th September 2010, 03:29
What was the radio man doing in front of the car in the pitl ane? Not Yamamoto's fault.

Right!! That would teach him for next time. :(

gloomyDAY
13th September 2010, 04:15
Webber has the same engine as Rosberg so with better cornering may have been able to launch out of a corner and take him on the straight.Webber has a Renault engine and Rosberg has a Mercedes engine. So, I'm not tracking you.

Ari
13th September 2010, 04:49
Webber has a Renault engine and Rosberg has a Mercedes engine. So, I'm not tracking you.

Yes, yes I know. I was thinking of Kubica in my head.

That was a real 2+2=5 moment wasn't it? Fail. :(

BUT, were it Kubica ahead and not Rosberg my logic would be irresistible! :)

Ari
13th September 2010, 04:50
1st - Hamilton - Cool it dude...

2nd - I'm not sure if I can blame Webber or the car, but two weeks in a row he has had a horrible start..what is going on there?????

Am pretty certain Spa was not Webbers fault. Clutch issues on both the launch for the warm up lap and also the race start.

This week however at Monza.... from what I can see it was all Webber. Just a few too many revs and lit up the rears. He will need to work that out if he wants to remain a WDC contender.

turismo6
13th September 2010, 05:04
1.Lewis
2.Yamamoto's pit crew- I didn't know you can work on a car in pit lane with no helmet on..?
3. FIA /Hulk

Gibbsy
13th September 2010, 10:40
Am pretty certain Spa was not Webbers fault. Clutch issues on both the launch for the warm up lap and also the race start.

This week however at Monza.... from what I can see it was all Webber. Just a few too many revs and lit up the rears. He will need to work that out if he wants to remain a WDC contender.

Webber off the line wasnt that bad. He got smoked by lewis but he was 5th atleast by the time he was braking for the 1st corner. After that i think he went too cautious through the first few corners and he pretty much got mugged by the more agressive racers with less to lose around him.. Oh, and his overtaking from from that point onwards was a thing to behold

Having said that though, his caution may have been what got him through the opening lap mess, into 6th position and into the championship lead, so it aint all bad.

As the hammer found out, its much easier to lose a race on lap 1 than it is to win it.

Donkey: Tie between Marks strategy team (what could he possibly have to gain from coming in to pit at the SAME time as the 2 guys in front of him)?????

and

Hamilton

555-04Q2
13th September 2010, 10:45
Lewis hands down :(

Sonic
13th September 2010, 12:01
Lewis hands down :(

Yup - me too. He was obviously going for it knowing he had to nail the Ferrari's on lap one if he wanted the win but he was never going to manage the pass there.

Jag_Warrior
13th September 2010, 17:48
Lewis... for electing not to run the F-duct and for trying to win the race on lap 1. :down: He has matured a great deal over the past couple of years. But apparently not quite enough so that his brain tells him what not to do and when not to do it

jens
14th September 2010, 10:53
1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Mclaren strategy- it's generally more likely that stopping one lap later than the opponent is the quicker way than the other way around.

Depends on the type of circuit and tyre degradation. Without refueling earlier pitstops for fresher tyres have often been beneficial, Monza was an exception. Doesn't excuse McLaren from not taking that into account though.

wedge
14th September 2010, 13:06
Hamilton