PDA

View Full Version : Rome Grand Prix signed for 2012/13

Ranger
11th September 2010, 04:51
Apparently its a done deal.

http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/09/10/rome-inks-five-year-f1-race-contract/

ShiftingGears
11th September 2010, 07:49
Maybe it'll even be as good as Valencia.

pino
11th September 2010, 09:02
Maybe it'll even be as good as Valencia.

Hopefully it will be a lot better than Valencia :D

UltimateDanGTR
11th September 2010, 09:28
bernie likes breaking his own rules about multiple grand prix's in the same country doesnt he. mind you, if there is a country that deserves two gps Italy is right up there.

so, USA and Rome for 2012 :p lease say this means goodbye to at least 1 asian race, and/or valencia. please bernie?

DazzlaF1
11th September 2010, 10:59
bernie likes breaking his own rules about multiple grand prix's in the same country doesnt he. mind you, if there is a country that deserves two gps Italy is right up there.

so, USA and Rome for 2012 :p lease say this means goodbye to at least 1 asian race, and/or valencia. please bernie?

I disagree, I think it'll be Turkey that goes, poor spectator numbers will likely see that go to make way for Rome, but I would'nt be upset to see one of the Spanish races go, preferably Catalunya whuch has a reputation for proucing drab races.

MY 2012 CALENDAR

1. Bahain - Sakhir
2. Australia - Melbourne
3. Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
4. China - Shanghai
5. Spain - Valencia
6. Monaco - Monte-Carlo
7. European GP - Rome
8. Turkey - Istanbul
9. Canada - Montreal
10. United States - Austin
11. Great Britain - Silverstone
12. Germany - Hockenheim/Nurburgring
13. Hungary - Hungaroring
14. Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
15. Italy - Monza
16. India - Jaypee
17. Singapore - Marina Bay
18. South Korea - Yeongam
19. Japan - Suzuka
20. Brazil - Interlagos
21. Abu Dhabi- Yas Marina

Sonic
11th September 2010, 11:38
I think that's almost the perfect season. We just need a trip into Africa and then it becomes a world championship.

Josti
11th September 2010, 15:16
A French Grand Prix, anyone?

I think the calender is bulking up too much, 20 races is already a lot.

maximilian
11th September 2010, 15:32
I think it's ridiculous that Rome gets a GP and Spain has 2 when we STILL don't have a French GP. If you can race around Rome, then what stops you from racing around any French city? Not having a French GP is a travesty.

I fear it'll be Spa that once again gets the axe to make room for US and Rome!! One of the Spanish races really needs to go, too.

Sonic
11th September 2010, 18:30
I think it's ridiculous that Rome gets a GP and Spain has 2 when we STILL don't have a French GP. If you can race around Rome, then what stops you from racing around any French city? Not having a French GP is a travesty.

I fear it'll be Spa that once again gets the axe to make room for US and Rome!! One of the Spanish races really needs to go, too.

What happened to that new circuit that Bernie was backing 18 months back?

Z926A12
11th September 2010, 19:42
It would be typical Bernie for us to lose a great track like Spa for the sake of another dull processional street circuit. He really has no understanding of what makes the sport great.

Mia 01
11th September 2010, 19:47
in your dreams.

DazzlaF1
11th September 2010, 20:01
What happened to that new circuit that Bernie was backing 18 months back?

Was that Moscow?

UltimateDanGTR
11th September 2010, 20:30
It would be typical Bernie for us to lose a great track like Spa for the sake of another dull processional street circuit. He really has no understanding of what makes the sport great.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

great minds think alike.

the 'extortionist' must know there is no money on the table from the french. but meanwhile, the romans and the valencians and indians and koreans and sheikhs.........

Sarah
11th September 2010, 21:56
Wow..Rome is one of my fav places.

Oh yeah that Moscow race that never happened. I can think of a few races I could live without - Valencia would be top of the list.

truefan72
12th September 2010, 00:15
I disagree, I think it'll be Turkey that goes, poor spectator numbers will likely see that go to make way for Rome, but I would'nt be upset to see one of the Spanish races go, preferably Catalunya whuch has a reputation for proucing drab races.

MY 2012 CALENDAR

1. Bahain - Sakhir
2. Australia - Melbourne
3. Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
4. China - Shanghai
5. Spain - Valencia
6. Monaco - Monte-Carlo
7. European GP - Rome
8. Turkey - Istanbul
9. Canada - Montreal
10. United States - Austin
11. Great Britain - Silverstone
12. Germany - Hockenheim/Nurburgring
13. Hungary - Hungaroring
14. Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
15. Italy - Monza
16. India - Jaypee
17. Singapore - Marina Bay
18. South Korea - Yeongam
19. Japan - Suzuka
20. Brazil - Interlagos
21. Abu Dhabi- Yas Marina
I would add a French GP and make it a nice 22 race season, with a few back to backs and a shorter summer break.

I think that's almost the perfect season. We just need a trip into Africa and then it becomes a world championship.
one day. with South Africa being the most likely candidate

pino
12th September 2010, 05:57
Wow..Rome is one of my fav places.

I can think of a few races I could live without - Valencia would be top of the list.

Same here :D