PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BTCC Calender revealed

trebor901
8th September 2010, 15:21
Doesnt this normally get revealed at the beginning of each year a few weeks before media day? anyway guess its a good thing and finale back at Silverstone

2011 BTCC calendar
1 April 2-3 Brands Hatch
2 April 16-17 Donington Park
3 April 30-May 1 Thruxton
4 June 4-5 Oulton Park
5 June 18-19 Croft
6 August 6-7 Snetterton
7 September 3-4 Knockhill
8 September 17-18 Rockingham
9 October 1-2 Brands Hatch
10 October 15-16 Silverstone

Allyc85
8th September 2010, 15:23
Roll on May the 1st 2011 :D :D

Alfa Fan
8th September 2010, 15:31
No not at all. Calender usually announced September-October of the year preceding. Pretty much as soon as the F1 dates are confirmed.

UltimateDanGTR
8th September 2010, 16:27
nice-i like how the finale venue has changed over recent years, the good thing about the BTCC ofcourse is that it is not restricted by weather seasons (during the racing season anyway) unlike the global series.

tisme
8th September 2010, 17:48
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The final meeting is to be held on the most boring track in the country..

AndySpeed
8th September 2010, 21:27
It will be interesting to see which layouts they decide to use. A change away from the Silverstone National circuit would be welcomed!

IceWizard
8th September 2010, 21:28
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The final meeting is to be held on the most boring track in the country..

I agree, unless of course they decided to use the GP Circuit. I hope one of the Brands rounds is on the GP circuit again - the Indy Circuit isn't bad but there's few things as good as watching the cars roar round the Grand Prix loop.

Allyc85
11th September 2010, 21:10
A BTCC car would take ages to get around the current GP circuit and you wouldnt get many laps at all which would be rubbish!

It would be great if they could have the international circuit again so we can see them screaming through Bridge side by side :D :D

Eurotech
11th September 2010, 21:45
I actually quite like the National circuit, the drivers are always close and you really get to see the cars right on the limit of grip through Copse and into Becketts :)

Allyc85
13th September 2010, 18:08
But just a thought, at Silverstone next year there will be a new pit lane built between Club and Abbey so will we see the BTCC on the south circuit? ;)

Eurotech
14th September 2010, 17:12
By the way, something I've wondered for a while is why does Brands Hatch always get two meetings per season when everyone else has to settle for just one?

RMLCruzeing82
15th September 2010, 12:15
By the way, something I've wondered for a while is why does Brands Hatch always get two meetings per season when everyone else has to settle for just one?

didnt Donnington and Silverstone got two meets at one point though the years as well but yeah ive wondered that myself about brands in the last 3-4 years

AndySpeed
15th September 2010, 13:48
Brands Hatch is the race track closest to London. It's also in the South East with a high population density and catchment area. There are good transport links with the M25 and M20.

To top it all of its a fantastic circuit with great facilities. And you still wonder why it gets two meetings? :p

f1kid1987
15th September 2010, 14:32
Brands Hatch is the race track closest to London. It's also in the South East with a high population density and catchment area. There are good transport links with the M25 and M20.

To top it all of its a fantastic circuit with great facilities. And you still wonder why it gets two meetings? :p

I agree Brands is the best circuit and thats why it has two meets. But with the new facilties at silverstone and the new circuit. I think silverstone will soon have two meets.

Mark
15th September 2010, 14:49
didnt Donnington and Silverstone got two meets at one point though the years as well but yeah ive wondered that myself about brands in the last 3-4 years

Back in the day, around the turn of the century there were many BTCC meetings than the traditional 10 that you have now. e.g. In 1999 there were 13 meetings.

This included double visits to Donington Park, Silverstone, Thruxton, Brands Hatch and Oulton Park. Only the more 'out of the way' circuits of Croft, Snetterton and Knockhill attracted only a single visit.

In the early 2000's the BTCC went on a cost cutting diet and it was decided to drop the return visits to most tracks, apart from Brands Hatch, which as said above has good attendances due to it's proximity to high population areas and good transport links.

Mark
15th September 2010, 14:51
I agree Brands is the best circuit and thats why it has two meets. But with the new facilties at silverstone and the new circuit. I think silverstone will soon have two meets.

Doubtful, I see no clamour to increase the number of BTCC races. Therefore if you want to have two Silverstone meetings you'd either have to drop one of the Brands Hatch meetings (not going to happen!) or drop another track somewhere else in the country, which would be completely unjustifiable in order to have two races at another track!

Iain
15th September 2010, 16:00
I think Brands is overrated. Maybe it's because I've been there 18 times between 2001 and 2009 and I've been overexposed to it, but I don't really like it that much. There's no paddock access (unless you know people who can do you a favour) and it's impossible to get a decent view at Paddock Hill unless you get there at stupid o'clock. That's particularly bad if it's on the GP circuit, as it takes away the (in my opinion) best spot on the circuit at Clearways, which just becomes a corner with no overtaking opportunities.

I'm a big fan of Silverstone which won't please people here, but I think the best circuit out of the lot is Oulton Park. The facilities really have come on since MSV got involved, it's in a fantastic woodland setting and the track itself is interesting.

I'd like to see the final round on the Silverstone GP circuit. I think like the WTCC at Monza, it'd be full of slipstreaming, which makes for more overtaking. Having watched some other classes of racing there on TV recently, they didn't exactly look lost on such a long track. The National circuit is just dull, far too short. Who cares if people only see the cars X number of times, you don't hear them complaining about the Brands GP circuit do you? Having been there at the weekend, the new layout and the repositioned grandstands have made it much more spectator friendly.

PDS
15th September 2010, 17:44
A BTCC car would take ages to get around the current GP circuit and you wouldnt get many laps at all which would be rubbish!

It would be great if they could have the international circuit again so we can see them screaming through Bridge side by side :D :D

The GP circuit will be out, they won't use that.

Apparently the Bridge Circuit won't exist next year either. I really hope the person that told me that is wrong.

It looks like the National circuit again.

NaBUru38
15th September 2010, 19:21
The Argentine TC2000 races at Potrero de los Funes - 6.2km, 2'30 per lap. How do the solve the lap thing? They race 200km instead of the usual 110km or 50min.

RMLCruzeing82
16th September 2010, 13:20
but I think the best circuit out of the lot is Oulton Park. The facilities really have come on since MSV got involved, it's in a fantastic woodland setting and the track itself is interesting.

i agree...sounds stupid i know but i think Oulton Park id the best simply because its sort of on my door step lol

Eurotech
16th September 2010, 18:37
Donington Park always has been and always will be my favourite tbh. It helps that I live in Nottingham (30 mins away) but its also a very good circuit and always used to be very spectator friendly (not sure anymore though cos I think the infield area has changed a bit while they were rebuilding it).

I agree that Oulton Park is a very good circuit. It has a very nice woodland surrounding and the spectator viewing spots are quite good because they don't have huge catch fences everywhere.

I don't like Silverstone quite so much because I find it a bit of a disappointing circuit everytime I go there because you would think it would be something more spectacular being the "Home of British Motrsport" but its a very flat (and very windy) place to be.

IMO the best spectator circuit is Rockingham because you can see the whole circuit from the top of the main grandstands. I can't comment on Brands Hatch because I have to confess I've actually never been there, its just too far away...