PDA

View Full Version : Rob Huff's Oschersleben penalty

AndySpeed
5th September 2010, 23:38
In the first of today's WTCC races Rob Huff was given a drive-through penalty for contact at the first corner with Augusto Farfus Jr. Farfus only dropped to third, did not leave the circuit and had no visible damage to his car. At the time, Huff got into the lead. Indeed Huff was himself being pushed by Menu behind, who was also being pushed by at least one other car.

Despite this, the stewards still decided to penalise Huff with a drive through penalty. Quite rightfuflly Huff ignored this non-sensical decision and was then given a black flag for not taking the penalty.

But other drivers further back were not penalised for causing avoidable accidents!

What utterly appalling decision making by those involved in the WTCC and yet more farce from the championship which gets even more ridiculous by the day.

I'm not even interested in watching race two after that.

RMLCruzeing82
6th September 2010, 00:42
same here...i watched the first race then switched it off

MrMetro
6th September 2010, 08:59
this is one of the many reasons I don't watch the wtcc, its a incredibly dire world championship imo. jean todt, please sort it out...

Fordfan
6th September 2010, 09:42
I agree, it was a ridiculous penalty. It's just as well that they don't regulate the btcc in the same way. There would be more cars in the pit lane than on the circuit.

MrJan
6th September 2010, 10:39
Anyone got a link to a video? Also I'd be interested to hear the opinion of Johnny (or Janey) Foreigner, us Brits can sometimes be a bit biased ;)

AndySpeed
6th September 2010, 10:48
Anyone got a link to a video? Also I'd be interested to hear the opinion of Johnny (or Janey) Foreigner, us Brits can sometimes be a bit biased ;)

I'm sorry, I don't. I was watching it on Eurosport. I was trying hard to form my own opinion and not just agree with John Cleland who was commentating, but he is totally right in my view.

MrJan
6th September 2010, 11:23
Just had a search on Youtube and saw an onboard with Coronel. Not the greatest angle to see the incident but it looked to me like Huff was leaning pretty hard on Farfus for a fairly long distance. Certainly not the strangest decision that I've seen in motorsport.

Les
6th September 2010, 12:25
from the TV coverage and Rob's interview Farfus braked early, Rob braked, Rob touched Farfus but was then pushed into him by Menu.... racing incident on a poorly designed circuit IMO and no where near as bad as some of the collisions thurther back in the field.
Personally I think the team should have brought him in for the drive through then let him fight his way back up to maybe 8th for pole in race 2.
I also feel the WTCC penalties and decisions are dire.... you watch the race and then find out tomorrow what the result was.... 15 cars given penalties in race 1???? Just what on earth is going on. They knew immediately that those cars were going too fast for the rolling start so why not drive-throughs there and then.
The WTCC has lost the plot and should listen very carefully to what Cleland had to say

AndySpeed
6th September 2010, 12:33
Just had a search on Youtube and saw an onboard with Coronel. Not the greatest angle to see the incident but it looked to me like Huff was leaning pretty hard on Farfus for a fairly long distance. Certainly not the strangest decision that I've seen in motorsport.

Did you watch the SEAT team Holland video? That's like reviewing only half the evidence.

Eurotech
6th September 2010, 16:39
Tbh, I think the circuits at fault with the Farfus-Huff incident, that first corner is way too tight for any form of racing, dunno why they tightened it up a few years ago, it just makes Turn 2 easier. I think that they should revert back to the old circuit with the more flowing turn 1 and not have tarmac on the outside.

The speeding at the rolling start incident was also stupid, if they knew the drivers were speeding then they should have dealt with it during the race....

And Eurosport make us pay to watch this rediculous spectacle.