PDA

View Full Version : Saavedra=Quitter

Scotty G.
5th September 2010, 06:02
Indy Lights uber-talent :D Sabastein Saavedra had his daddy call up Bryan Herta last night and told Bryan his son was quitting.

That's right. In professional (if you call Indy Lights "professional") racing, a competitor had his daddy call his boss and tell him he was taking his ball and going home. The night BEFORE a race.

This kid wasn't very highly thought of to begin with (he was schooled by Hildebrand last year with the same equipment and showed very little this year both in Lights and in the Indy 500), but he will be nuclear now. He was a classic ride buyer/rich kid, who bought his way into Lights and somehow, into a Indy 500 field this year. My guess is that you'll never see this kid again.

Too bad for Herta and Newey. They are trying to move up to Indy Cars. Hopefully they'll find a real driver and do so in the near future.

Otto-Matic
5th September 2010, 18:49
Indy Lights uber-talent :D Sabastein Saavedra had his daddy call up Bryan Herta last night and told Bryan his son was quitting.

That's right. In professional (if you call Indy Lights "professional") racing, a competitor had his daddy call his boss and tell him he was taking his ball and going home. The night BEFORE a race.

This kid wasn't very highly thought of to begin with (he was schooled by Hildebrand last year with the same equipment and showed very little this year both in Lights and in the Indy 500), but he will be nuclear now. He was a classic ride buyer/rich kid, who bought his way into Lights and somehow, into a Indy 500 field this year. My guess is that you'll never see this kid again.

Too bad for Herta and Newey. They are trying to move up to Indy Cars. Hopefully they'll find a real driver and do so in the near future.

Wow, that's bizarre. Do you know what the reason was for him quitting like this? Also i assume thats why Dan Herrington was in the car yesterday.

beachgirl
5th September 2010, 20:13
Wow, that's bizarre. Do you know what the reason was for him quitting like this? Also i assume thats why Dan Herrington was in the car yesterday.

Well, whatever the reason, I agree with SG - he'll be nuclear waste now.

NickFalzone
5th September 2010, 20:19
I'm sure there's a spot at KV for him.

Will Rogers
6th September 2010, 04:23
This will just make it easier for Herta to pay more attention to Stefan Wilson and help him get a sponsor so he can have a fulll season ride. Wilson out-qualified and out-raced Saavedra in several races.