PDA

View Full Version : 2011 IRC: rallies, drivers, teams, plans?

Pages : [1] 2 3

alleskids
3rd September 2010, 16:07
I know it is a bit early, but the 2010 IRC is in the final stage, with only Meeke, Hanninen and Kopecky with a (realistic) run for the title, and temas and drivers are planning a revenge on 2011.

The calender will be onveiled very soon, with almost the same 12 rounds ( the best 7 results will count) starting with Monte Carlo. Curtiba rally will disappearing, because it was not a big succes. Rally Sardegna will be back in the WRC. Rally Argentina is still in IRC and will be run in the area of Mendoza. The organizers will pay for the transportation of the cars. Corsica will host a gravel rally, and a Hungarian rally will be on the calender.

Peugeot UK wants revenge in 2011, and is searching for a new driver, as Kris Meeke is leaving the team, and PSA, for Mini Prodrive in the WRC. Which driver is a realistic driver for the team next year.

Luca Rosetti has plans to content the 2011 IRC, with a Abarth Grande Punto ?

Skoda Uk and Guy Wilks are pleased with the succes and want more.

Peugeot Portugal and Bruno Magelhaes are also reported for 2011.

vino_93
3rd September 2010, 16:24
Maybe Keith Cronin with Peugeot UK ? :p

bluuford
3rd September 2010, 20:00
Rally Argentina is still in IRC and will be run in the area of Mendoza. The organizers will pay for the transportation of the cars.

Argentina is in WRC calendar for 2011. Are you sure about Argentina in IRC?

alleskids
3rd September 2010, 22:00
autonews magazin reports that Rally Argentina will be in 2011 IRC, but nothing is confirmed. That why I started the tread, to get more information for next season. I would be surprised if Argentina would be on both calenders

RICARDO75
3rd September 2010, 22:51
Very strange indeed.
The wrc event will be at the end of May and if Argentina will also have a rally on IRC, and if it is on the same date that was this year, if so, will certainly have to be organized by another club than the organization of the rally wrc.
In that way, I think it will be possible.

fmcv
5th September 2010, 12:29
I think I remember some organizers talk about this issue on argentinian radio on this year's IRC radio coverage.

If I'm not wrong they said they were able to host two different events, one for IRC and another for WRC...

Mirek
5th September 2010, 13:30
IRC event should be in different location according to a rumor I heard.

bluuford
5th September 2010, 15:46
AFAIK there are only 5 rallies that will be in IRC 2011 for 99.9% sure. These are:

1. Monte Carlo
2. Ypres Rally
3. Barum Rally
4. San Remo
5. Rally Scotland

The others depend more or less on negotiations, their budget and Eurosport budget for 2011.

AndyRAC
5th September 2010, 16:20
AFAIK there are only 5 rallies that will be in IRC 2011 for 99.9% sure. These are:

1. Monte Carlo
2. Ypres Rally
3. Barum Rally
4. San Remo
5. Rally Scotland

The others depend more or less on negotiations, their budget and Eurosport budget for 2011.

Mmm, i wonder if we are seeing the beginning of the end of the IRC??

HaCo
5th September 2010, 16:33

Why do you think that?

bluuford
5th September 2010, 17:59

No, Interest is actually bigger than there is room in the calendar. But the thing is that some events really want but their commercial value is not the highest.. then there are some commercially very valuable and good events but their finances are not so secure. Remember that IRC depends a lot on local dealers.

AndyRAC
5th September 2010, 18:54
Why do you think that?

Not sure, just a feeling. How long will Peugeot carry on, especially after Quesnel's outburst.

Though I hope it carries on for a few more years yet.

bluuford
5th September 2010, 20:59
Last year provisional IRC calendar came out on 26th or 27th of September. So, not long till that date. Since then three changes took place. No Japan, location change in Spain and no mixed surface in San Remo.
Not good for long term planning indeed. But it has been like that before its seems that this us not big problem.

Barreis
5th September 2010, 21:21
Eurosport Events can do this as long as they want and organisers pay to be on the calendar.. Just like with WTCC..

alleskids
6th September 2010, 16:25
Eurosport can organize it for the next 100 years and broadcast it 24/day, but to make it succesfull, they still need a good entrance to have a crowd to watch it. Drivers and teams want a healty championship, with clear regulation and a reliable scedule.

Barreis
6th September 2010, 16:45
Media makes the stars and they're media..

HaCo
7th September 2010, 20:23
So Skoda with 1.6T next year? :)
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=5240
Skoda will run the 1.6 turbo for the IRC next year, and SEAT are expected to run the engine as well in their WTCC programme.

Mirek
7th September 2010, 21:01
Hmm, I heard from other sources that Eurosport wouldn't allow 1.6T in IRC 2011...

Sulland
7th September 2010, 21:59
Maybe both ?

NaBUru38
11th September 2010, 16:19
Less races outside Europe, I guess. The IRC is less intercontinental each season.

Tom206wrc
11th September 2010, 17:23
I guess in 2011 the Citroën DS3 R3 will enter the 2WD championship in IRC along with the Renault Cli R3, Honda Civic Typ R, etc... ;)

logic
12th September 2010, 01:44
Any idea what the dates are for the Monte?

Mirek
12th September 2010, 01:50
19th-23rd January: http://www.acm.mc/ramc/ramc_main.php?page=2011/presentation_2011.php

logic
12th September 2010, 02:22
]19th-23rd January: http://www.acm.mc/ramc/ramc_main.php?page=2011/presentation_2011.php

thank you!

Luis Pacheco
15th September 2010, 20:04
Azores (19-21 May)

RS
24th September 2010, 22:35
It would be good if Bouffier could drive the whole 2011 season, maybe with each Peugeot importer "paying" on their local event like they are pretending this year ;)

alleskids
25th September 2010, 09:40
Bruno Magelhaes and Peugeot Portugal will do the entire 2011 championship

cali
25th September 2010, 10:21
Bruno Magelhaes and Peugeot Portugal will do the entire 2011 championship

Good news!

noel157
29th September 2010, 16:02
Looks like Peugeot UK are going again in 2011:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87064

RS
29th September 2010, 19:38
Looks like Peugeot UK are going again in 2011:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87064

Reading that it seems that Alister McRae is the least likely. I would go for Cronin out of that bunch.

dimviii
29th September 2010, 19:43
Reading that it seems that Alister McRae is the least likely. I would go for Cronin out of that bunch.

+1

[Madeira-Rally]
29th September 2010, 19:47
I would like to see Cronin or Adam Gould in Peugeot UK next year...

RS
30th September 2010, 05:50
Mikko wants to do Monte Carlo again, that would be really good: http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/hirvonen_eyes_monte_carlo_return/

Sulland
30th September 2010, 07:01
Nice calendar, but still missing a Snow Rally. What happened to the Arctic Lapland Rally, they were a candidate once ?

rp
30th September 2010, 07:14
Nice calendar, but still missing a Snow Rally. What happened to the Arctic Lapland Rally, they were a candidate once ?

I think that the Arctic wants to be only the Finnish Rally Championship and international event. No need to be round of the IRC due to the regulations and when independent they can do what ever they want...

Mirek
30th September 2010, 11:28
IRC regulations are extremely free and organizer can do almost whatever he wants (even run WRC as Canarias). I think that main issue is Pirelli deal of Finnish championship.

OldF
30th September 2010, 13:15
Yes, it was and still is for one more year. The Pirelli deal is for seasons 2009-2011 but after that, hopefully.

RS
30th September 2010, 14:37
Hanninen and Kopecky are under contract to Skoda for more IRC in 2011. Juho wants to also do some more WRC rounds too.

I guess Skoda will also use 2011 to develop a "Superproduction" Fabia 1.6T.

wwbroe
30th September 2010, 14:45
Hanninen and Kopecky are under contract to Skoda for more IRC in 2011. Juho wants to also do some more WRC rounds too.

I guess Skoda will also use 2011 to develop a "Superproduction" Fabia 1.6T.

They will not run so many IRC events next year, i think they will do only about four events. They will be concentrating indeed to develop 1,6T Fabia. :)

Mirek
30th September 2010, 15:07
Nothing to worry about. Just wait a bit ;)

alleskids
30th September 2010, 15:36
Provisional 2011 IRC schedule:

19-22 January (Monaco): Rallye Monte Carlo (Asphalt)
4-6 March (Argentina): Rally de los Alerces (Gravel)
14-16 April (Spain): Rally Islas Canarias (Asphalt)
6-8 May (France): Tour de Corse (Asphalt)
23-25 June (Belgium): Geko Ypres Rally (Asphalt)
14-16 July (Portugal): Sata Rallye Acores (Gravel)
4-6 August (Portugal): Rali Vinho Madeira (Asphalt)
26-28 August (Czech Republic): Barum Czech Rally Zlin (Asphalt)
9-11 September (Hungary): Mecsek Rallye (Asphalt/gravel)
22-24 September (Italy): Rallye Sanremo (Asphalt)
14-16 October (Scotland): RACMSA Rally of Scotland (Gravel)
3-5 November (Cyprus): Cyprus Rally (Gravel)

nzabevAMSM
1st October 2010, 08:36
]Nothing to worry about. Just wait a bit ;)

Maybe Fabia WRC in 2011?

uranium
6th October 2010, 11:47
They will not run so many IRC events next year, i think they will do only about four events. They will be concentrating indeed to develop 1,6T Fabia. :)

Where do you know from? Or just guess?
Any news/rumors about Skoda plan for 2011? Especially about WRC

sal
8th October 2010, 10:12
http://www.motorcanario.com/articulos/index.asp?id=15860

The Canary Islands round might be in jeopardy already as they need backing from Canary Island tourist board and at the moment it looks as though that support will not be forthcoming..

AndyRAC
8th October 2010, 10:38
http://www.motorcanario.com/articulos/index.asp?id=15860

The Canary Islands round might be in jeopardy already as they need backing from Canary Island tourist board and at the moment it looks as though that support will not be forthcoming..

Are there too many events relying upon tourist boards/regional assemblies, etc for their backing? When priorities change, they pull the plug. It's slightly worrying that events can't get other sponsors.

Barreis
8th October 2010, 10:56
WRC is not popular anymore and what to say about other championships.. But live show on Eurosport changes everything and that's why organisers count on tourist boards..

alleskids
11th October 2010, 21:23
According to Maxrally, Skoda Motorsport has the intention to do every rally in the IRC 2011, but "only"' with 2 factory cars

“At this moment, we suppose [we will do every round of the IRC next season],” said Skoda Motorsport team manager Pavel Hortek. “Because we are selling cars constantly I don’t think we will run more than two cars. At the moment, we’ve already sold 25 cars and we should pass 30 before the end of the calendar year. We are calculating quite a lot of customers and private teams to come to us and the IRC series next year.”

Current Skoda driver Juho Hanninen and Jan Kopecky are under contract to the firm for 2011 although their schedule remains fluid. Maybe 2 cars but with different drivers on several rallies?

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/skoda_to_continue_in_irc_with_factory_effort/

uranium
11th October 2010, 21:39
According to Maxrally, Skoda Motorsport has the intention to do every rally in the IRC 2011, but "only"' with 2 factory cars

Interesting what Peugeot is planning to do next year especially if take into account Olivier Quesnel words several weeks ago...

RS
12th October 2010, 05:45
Interesting what Peugeot is planning to do next year especially if take into account Olivier Quesnel words several weeks ago...

That was when he was having a little tantrum. Since then they have won in Sanremo so maybe he will change his mind.

uranium
12th October 2010, 08:01
Btw, what are differences between factory team and private team in respect of IRC? What are advantages, preferences etc?

Tom206wrc
19th October 2010, 15:30

“At this moment, we suppose [we will do every round of the IRC next season],” said Skoda Motorsport team manager Pavel Hortek. “Because we are selling cars constantly I don’t think we will run more than two cars. At the moment, we’ve already sold 25 cars and we should pass 30 before the end of the calendar year. We are calculating quite a lot of customers and private teams to come to us and the IRC series next year.”

Current Skoda driver Juho Hanninen and Jan Kopecky are under contract to the firm for 2011 although their schedule remains fluid. Maybe 2 cars but with different drivers on several rallies?

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/skoda_to_continue_in_irc_with_factory_effort/

The Fabia is seen as a better car than the 207...but sells LESS ??? :s

morganmilan
19th October 2010, 17:15
I suppose is a problem of capacity of production abilities. I guess Peugeot can make more cars than Skoda although Fabias may be better than 207 nowadays

Mirek
19th October 2010, 19:21
Skoda Motorsport is only a team of some thirty people. If they are out on rallies, they can't build new cars ;)

Hartusvuori
19th October 2010, 20:01
Skoda Motorsport is only a team of some thirty people. If they are out on rallies, they can't build new cars ;)

There was a nice three spread (+ cover) article on Juho Hänninen and Skoda Motorsport on the latest issue of Vauhdin Maailma (VM). It said the same that the team is not that big and they are busy with the number of cars they maintain now. There were also some pictures from the Skoda Motorsport garage which were said to be rare.

On the article Hänninen was hoping to take part on some rounds of WRC or even SWRC season. He was especially interested in doing the WRC rounds that will most likely remain a part of the championship in the future. So far, of 2011 season, he knows it'll start in Monte but rest is undecided.

Sulland
27th October 2010, 13:44
So if Hanninen is doing SWRC, will Skoda MSport split up into 1 IRC camp and 1 WRC camp, and will they run two cars in each championship - or just 1 camp and 1 car in each series ?

RS
27th October 2010, 14:24
So if Hanninen is doing SWRC, will Skoda MSport split up into 1 IRC camp and 1 WRC camp, and will they run two cars in each championship - or just 1 camp and 1 car in each series ?

I think Hanninen's WRC events will be in addition to his IRC programme.

Edit: I just read the news and rumours thread on the WRC forum. It seems Hanninen is being groomed for VW's programme.....

Kopecky and Loix for Skoda in IRC?

Sulland
28th October 2010, 19:56
Mikkelsen will either do a full IRC or a full SWRC season with a Ford or a Skoda, aiming at WRC in 2012. They are still negotiating with teams for the different options !

Barreis
28th October 2010, 21:28

It's about the money.. Six months ago diff. in prize was about 50000 euros..

pettersolberg29
28th October 2010, 21:33
Mikkelsen will either do a full IRC or a full SWRC season with a Ford or a Skoda, aiming at WRC in 2012. They are still negotiating with teams for the different options !

Skoda is better, but Ford gives him a nice potential step up for 2012 into a factory seat.

Mirek
28th October 2010, 21:58
It's about the money.. Six months ago diff. in prize was about 50000 euros..

No, that's not true. Recently Peugeot base price for asphalt up-to-date car is 264 thousand Euro. Price for Škoda in asphalt spec. used to be 245 thousand if I remember right. It's about manufacturing and service capacity which is completely different. Škoda Motorsport is very small compared to Peugeot Sport.

alleskids
28th October 2010, 22:15
Skoda is better, but Ford gives him a nice potential step up for 2012 into a factory seat.

Now that Volkswagen is coming to WRC in 2012, it gives possibillities for Skoda drivers to step up to a factory team in WRC. Ford already has plenty of young drivers in their reach with Fiesta's. Mikkelsen would be a good member for the VW/Skoda group in 2012, together with Hanninen.

Bobcat
28th October 2010, 22:56
The Fabia is no better, says Andreas Mikkelsen. http://www.bilnorge.no/artikkel.php?aid=36562

noel157
28th October 2010, 23:26
The Fabia is no better, says Andreas Mikkelsen. http://www.bilnorge.no/artikkel.php?aid=36562

Which means Andreas has signed up with Wilson. Just PR nonsense.

Bobcat
29th October 2010, 14:58
Yeah, Skoda's PR bots are the best around the IRC world. :p :

uranium
29th October 2010, 15:01
The Fabia is no better, says Andreas Mikkelsen

He must say so, because driving ford ;)

Bobcat
29th October 2010, 15:14
No, ...driving the Ford and Skoda's car. ;)

Mirek
29th October 2010, 15:54
No, ...driving the Ford and Skoda's car. ;)

He has been driving works Ford and once this year he drove private Škoda. He has no ties to Škoda Motorsport unlike to M-Sport. That's quite a difference in many aspects.

Bobcat
30th October 2010, 03:41
That is bull**** because the Skoda Rally Team Italy is not really a private team. http://new.skoda-auto.com/COM/about/info/news/motorsport/News/Pages/2010_15_ItalianRallyChampionship.aspx

Mirek
30th October 2010, 08:36
It is private team of Mr. Zanchi. Starts of Kopecký in Italy were their own initiative paid by their own sponsors and Pirelli. They decided to do so because they lost their driver (Pierro Longhi) just before the season and there was no free Italian driver capable of fighting for podium places.

You're spreading too much strong words around. I don't really like that...

Bobcat
30th October 2010, 23:46
It is private team of Mr. Zanchi. Starts of Kopecký in Italy were their own initiative paid by their own sponsors and Pirelli. They decided to do so because they lost their driver (Pierro Longhi) just before the season and there was no free Italian driver capable of fighting for podium places.

You're spreading too much strong words around. I don't really like that...
And I really don't like liars...

Michal Hrabánek, head of the Škoda Motorsport team said: "This is a combination of factory, importer and private activities. The Škoda Rally Team Italia is amongst our first customers and our cooperation has been top-class for a long time....which I firmly believe will make the most of this experience in the colours of the factory team.

Axel Mohr, Director of Škoda Italia, is enthusiastic: “This is an important chance for Škoda Rally Team Italia, Kopecký is a great driver and now he is officially part of our team. We started this project last year, it has been strongly developed in the last months and in 2010 we will take part in the Italian Championship with 2 cars. I would like to thank Škoda Motorsport for their support.

Mirek
31st October 2010, 01:13
Sir, if Your only sources are press information, than any discussion with You is just wasting of time. I'm sorry, but real world isn't made in public relation office.

Mise
31st October 2010, 15:32
Which manus have registrated to IRC for 2011.
And is it necessary to registrate every year.
Ford
Skoda
Peugeot
Fiat?
Proton?
Mitsu?
Subaru?

Anyone else and how about 2wd?

vino_93
31st October 2010, 19:07
All the 2WD cars will take point ;)

morganmilan
31st October 2010, 21:03
All the 2WD cars will take point ;)
But I believe that´s only for drivers standings. For makes, theses must be registered...

TyPat107
1st November 2010, 22:31
Quesnel warns IRC bosses
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/quesnel_warns_irc_bosses/

Isn't he complaining of the same things he did to the WRC?

Barreis
1st November 2010, 22:55
When I hear his voice..

Bobcat
2nd November 2010, 00:13
Quesnel warns IRC bosses

Isn't he complaining of the same things he did to the WRC?
+1, I think Quesnel warns the Skoda manufacturer team, lol...

“Maybe next year I put the DS3 and my red army in there and then Skoda won’t exist, but if I do that, then Peugeot will stop what it is doing. This is the danger of what is happening now, this is why I say to the organisers of the IRC: “Take care.”
Yeah, the PSA's big WRC boss.

uranium
2nd November 2010, 09:07
the Peugeot importer teams have struggled on a much smaller budget and with less development of the 207 S2000.

What's the problem to have bigger budget and more development?? Quesnel speech is just babbling.

but what will happen in two years when Skoda has one, two or three titles? The IRC will be empty, because nobody can do anything against Skoda.

He forgot to add that absolutelly the same situation we have in WRC and nobody complains.

stepunk
2nd November 2010, 09:49
Quesnel warns IRC bosses

Disgusting...

RJM
2nd November 2010, 10:03
Quesnel...idiot.

Barreis
2nd November 2010, 10:06
I agree..

MarekP
2nd November 2010, 15:24
Quesnel is stupid boss. Citroen dominate in WRC and this do not mind him? He is confused person. :confused: :hmh:

RS
2nd November 2010, 15:37
Regarding this topic, an interesting interview with Guy Wilks confirms that Peugeot Sport have made a big commitment to developing the 207 in 2011. I think this has been the real problem and not the presence of Skoda as a works team - the Fabia has simply been a better car this year.

Interview with Wilks: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87880

alleskids
2nd November 2010, 15:49
The only factory team allowed in IRC is Peugeot Sport. They camouflage it with dealer teams (UK, Belgium, Tjechie) but the main team is Peugeot Sport France led by Quesnell.

noel157
2nd November 2010, 16:46
Regarding this topic, an interesting interview with Guy Wilks confirms that Peugeot Sport have made a big commitment to developing the 207 in 2011. I think this has been the real problem and not the presence of Skoda as a works team - the Fabia has simply been a better car this year.

Interview with Wilks: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87880

12 months ago Meeke was given the same assurances. He would only sign for a further year if Peugeot Sport got behind the car and put some effort into developing it. It didn't happen. Hope it works for Wilks but I can't see him winning the IRC in 2011. Hanninen may only do some rounds which may help but on gravel the Peugeot needs serious upgrades and on asphalt Wilks has little chance against a well driven Fabia. He doesn't have the raw speed of Meeke, not going to be an easy season for the English driver.

urabus-denoS2000
2nd November 2010, 19:36
Well Mr. Quesnel , put 2 or 3 drivers into full factory car ( as if Meeke's wasn't ... please ) and the battle is on ! :D

alleskids
2nd November 2010, 21:05
He already does: Meeke/Wilks (Peugeot UK), Neuville (Belgium), Magelhaes (Portugal, Bouffier (Poland, Tjechie, and other local dealerteams)
They al get tests with Peugeot Sport before rallies. Peugeot Sport is making a factory effort. disguised as pure dealer teams. Skoda Motorsport is playing the game openly with Skoda Motorsport.
In 2009 Peugeot had 3 drivers with champions talent (Meeke, Vouilloz, Loix), in 2010 Meeke was the only champion contender, doing the bulk of the set up testing and develloping the 207 S2000.

Mirek
2nd November 2010, 22:09
Even non-disguised Peugeot Sport works drivers (Ogier, Sarrazin, Bouffier) were present on Monte Carlo, Sardegna, Ypres, Barum and Sanremo and they all together achieved 5 (!) points.

It's just funny and sad in the same time. Everything was ok when Peugeot was the only dominant force (2007-2009). I agree with You, that their biggest mistake was called Vouilloz and Loix...

fdebruyne
3rd November 2010, 03:32
Even non-disguised Peugeot Sport works drivers (Ogier, Sarrazin, Bouffier) were present on Monte Carlo, Sardegna, Ypres, Barum and Sanremo and they all together achieved 5 (!) points.

It's just funny and sad in the same time. Everything was ok when Peugeot was the only dominant force (2007-2009). I agree with You, that their biggest mistake was called Vouilloz and Loix...

Why their biggest mistake?

teufel
3rd November 2010, 08:59
Why their biggest mistake?

Because Pug let them go away...

RS
3rd November 2010, 10:20
Vouilloz was very impressive on Monte this year, it's a shame he didn't get more drives with Skoda. Hopefully he can make a comeback next year.

Mirek
3rd November 2010, 16:17
Because Pug let them go away...

Exactly

alleskids
3rd November 2010, 18:12
Skoda Belgium is very pleased that Peugeot Belgium-Luxembourg went for the yought and speed of Neuville :) .

Fly
6th November 2010, 17:40
According to spectators at rallye du Condroz, Weijs jr will drive a Peugeot Kronos next year in IRC.

Mirek
6th November 2010, 20:56
I heard that he entered Monte Carlo with DS3 R3 though...

Valets
7th November 2010, 12:32
IRC 2010 is over.. :( Cant wait for the next! http://sportacentrs.com/motoru_sports/rallijs/06112010-irc_sezona_gala_kipra_pirmo_uzvaru_irc_ra

Fly
7th November 2010, 16:07
I heard that he entered Monte Carlo with DS3 R3 though...

We'll see! I just heard rumours. But he seems to be linked with PSA.

alleskids
7th November 2010, 16:51
Will Citroen give Weijs an oppertunity like they did with the best Citroen drivers in the JWRC (like Sola, Sordo, Meeke, Ogier)?

Tom206wrc
9th November 2010, 19:30
Weijs Jr either in a 207 or DS3 will be interesting to follow ;)

Roy
9th November 2010, 21:21
A list of drivers in cars
These names are certainly

Skoda
Jan Kopecký
Andreas Mikkelsen (Skoda UK)

Peugeot
Bruno Magelhaes (Peugeot Portugal)
Guy Wilks (Peugeot UK)
Burcu Çetinkaya (Peugeot Turkey)

Ford/M-Sport
??

Proton
??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possibility

Skoda
Fredy Loix

Peugeot
Thierry Neuville (Kronos)
Hans Weijs Jr

Ford/M-Sport
Craig Breen

Proton
Tom Cave

Barreis
9th November 2010, 22:06
What can Proton do? No right development..

pettersolberg29
9th November 2010, 23:47
On and off I assume we will see drivers like Andreucci, Sarrazin, Prokop, possibly Ogier/Sordo/Mikko on Monte, Valousek etc. Otherwise the IRC will be far less interesting than the last couple of years.

10th November 2010, 09:40
No Mikko for Monte. Ford concentrating on development of 2011 Fiesta WRC

Source: iRally

RS
10th November 2010, 09:58
I wonder whether Hankook will continue with an IRC programme after losing Mikkelsen?

The tyres may not be the best yet but they definitely made progress throughout the year and it would be nice to see some otherwise unemployed strong driver given a chance.

RICARDO75
10th November 2010, 12:23
Why they do this??? :mad:

Week 9 - Rally Mexico (WRC) + Rally de los Alerces (IRC)

Week 15 - Jordan Rally (WRC) + Rally Islas Canarias (IRC)

Week 18 - Rally Sardegna (WRC) + Tour de Corse (IRC)

Week 36 - Rally Australia (WRC) + Mecsek Rallye (IRC)

uranium
10th November 2010, 12:33
It is because of "war" between North One and Eurosport, IMHO

AndyRAC
10th November 2010, 12:41

It's pathetic, it's doing the sport as a whole no good. And to cap it all, a lot of the WRC clashes with F1.....which is just madness. There will only be one winner, and it ain't WRC!!!

bluuford
10th November 2010, 13:14

Look at the bright side=24h rallying ;-)

Bobcat
10th November 2010, 15:34
No Mikko for Monte. Ford concentrating on development of 2011 Fiesta WRC

Source: iRally
That's great news! For WRC and Ford WRC! :)

RS
10th November 2010, 15:55

Yes, the Fiesta WRC will need to be better prepared than the S2000 was...

PLuto
10th November 2010, 16:07

Why? His one outing on Monte doesnt impend developing of Fiesta WRC. Start on Monte should be only big promotion for them. And after "luck" success last year (and with actual Mikko's form) they are not sure if they can beat Skoda and Peugeot drivers again...

If it depends on Mikko, he would like to start on Monte...

Bobcat
10th November 2010, 16:27
Yes, the Fiesta WRC will need to be better prepared than the S2000 was...
That's bull****! I agree with Mikko. “It was a great car in Monte Carlo.” ;)

Bobcat
10th November 2010, 18:47
Why? His one outing on Monte doesnt impend developing of Fiesta WRC. Start on Monte should be only big promotion for them. And after "luck" success last year (and with actual Mikko's form) they are not sure if they can beat Skoda and Peugeot drivers again...
No kidding! Sure, that's Skoda's bull****, too. Why? The WRC is the pinnacle of the sport, it is where everyone wants to be (sure, who can do.....)! ;)

Mirek
10th November 2010, 18:51
:D

HaCo
10th November 2010, 19:00

How exactly is this great? You didn't enjoy Mikko's run in Monte last year? Of course it was with luck, like every Monte winner needs.

Anyway, Ford will need more than skipping one Monte if they want to win this great championship where everybody wants to be in, lol. I hope the change in rules will change this championship a lot, cause 2010 wasn't the greatest!

urabus-denoS2000
10th November 2010, 19:45
Let there be an WRC vs. IRC , I know I prefer live stages :)

PLuto
10th November 2010, 19:58
Also it looks that Rallye Sanremo is in danger - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11326 (I know, it is in czech, but you can try to use translator)

Luis Pacheco
10th November 2010, 20:20

Because there are many rallyes a year and the FIA only don´t want WRC events in the same weekend of a F1 race.

alleskids
10th November 2010, 20:45
@ Pluto
I tried translation on the articel you mention. It comes down to the IRC Sanremo rally being far too popular than the WRC Sardinia Rally, so the Italian federation wants to kick Sanremo out of the Italian championship and stopping the financial support of Sanremo rally?

Motorsportfun
10th November 2010, 23:44
@ Pluto
I tried translation on the articel you mention. It comes down to the IRC Sanremo rally being far too popular than the WRC Sardinia Rally, so the Italian federation wants to kick Sanremo out of the Italian championship and stopping the financial support of Sanremo rally?

Just rumors, I talked to people into the federation and between the rallies that could lose the Italian championship... is the more safe ;)

Roy
11th November 2010, 08:35
No kidding! Sure, that's Skoda's bull****, too. Why? The WRC is the pinnacle of the sport, it is where everyone wants to be (sure, who can do.....)! ;)

This is pathetic, sorry. I am a Ford fan with critical notes. But you are OR a freak and obsessed OR a guy that liked love Ford, but you don't and make the fans and Ford ridiculous.

PLuto
11th November 2010, 10:45
Just rumors, I talked to people into the federation and between the rallies that could lose the Italian championship... is the more safe ;)

We will see. For sure I would like if Sanremo will stay in CIR and IRC, it is legendary event. And it is not only rumour...

Tom206wrc
11th November 2010, 17:16
What can Proton do? No right development..

+1 :mark:

alleskids
11th November 2010, 18:35
Nasser Al Attiyah hopes to do 4, 5 IRC rallies in 2011, including Cyprus. Cyprus will again be both IRC and Middle East championship?

Bobcat
11th November 2010, 19:27
This is pathetic, sorry. I am a Ford fan with critical notes. But you are OR a freak and obsessed OR a guy that liked love Ford, but you don't and make the fans and Ford ridiculous.
:D :D :D Thanks for the joke!

Chill out man! No kidding, that's really true, the unvarnished story of the sport. But everyone which uses real critical thinking skills in the real world, must know this (also "a Ford fan with critical notes" lol).

The 2011 manufacturers:

IRC: Skodas, Peugoets
WRC: Citroens, Fords and Minis

IRC x WRC: 0:1

The 2012 manufacturers:

IRC: Skodas
WRC: Citroens, Fords, Minis, VWs, Saabs and Toyotas...etc.

IRC x WRC: END:6

So, that IRC sucks.

HaCo
11th November 2010, 19:40
Please Bobcat, if you don't like IRC, don't look and pay attention to it. It's better for yourself and IRC fans.
Btw, your numbers are incorrect. And following your logic: WRC sucks for some years now, I hope you will not be crying all night for that.

OldF
11th November 2010, 19:48
Next year business as usual. I don’t know if it has been here already but next year a new event, Mescek Rally in Hungary.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/status_quo_for_irc_technical_regulations/?utm_source=maxrally&utm_medium=twitter

Motorsportfun
11th November 2010, 21:01
Sanremo Rally will be in the Italian TARMAC championship, probably will be arranged a 2nd rally alongside the main event, just for IRC. Let's see, these days are quite hectic in Italy! :p :

urabus-denoS2000
11th November 2010, 21:03
:D :D :D Thanks for the joke!

Chill out man! No kidding, that's really true, the unvarnished story of the sport. But everyone which uses real critical thinking skills in the real world, must know this (also "a Ford fan with critical notes" lol).

The 2011 manufacturers:

IRC: Skodas, Peugoets
WRC: Citroens, Fords and Minis

IRC x WRC: 0:1

The 2012 manufacturers:

IRC: Skodas
WRC: Citroens, Fords, Minis, VWs, Saabs and Toyotas...etc.

IRC x WRC: END:6

So, that IRC sucks.

This is why I don't think everyone should get access to respected forums ...

alleskids
11th November 2010, 21:09
It's good that business is steady :) . Teams and drivers know what to expect, and not need many changes to compete next year in IRC. Hopefully the calander will also be steady.

bluuford
16th November 2010, 13:52
So, next year all 2WD drivers will be eligible for their points. That is a big difference compared to this year. Maybe that brings more 2wd drivers to IRC as well??
If we look back to 2010, then we can say that even the champion in IRC2WD would be different. Someone just made some calculations that Kruuda would have earned couple of points more than Hunt if his Suzuki would have been eligible.

PLuto
16th November 2010, 15:52
Yes, it is true. They have confirmed it about month ago :)

HaCo
16th November 2010, 16:55
I'm looking forward to the 2011 season:
Pugs: Wilks, Neuville, Maghalaes
Skoda: Loix, Kopecky, Mikkelsen
Peugeot needs an extra strong, experienced driver: why not Vouilloz again? And Abarth, they must join again! Proton needs a reliable car (if they will do IRC again?). Anyone else?

alleskids
16th November 2010, 17:45
And hopefully a number of Ford drivers. Al Attiyah wants to do 4, 5 rallies. Bruno Oliveira will return in 2011 I believe.

mousti
16th November 2010, 18:08
I'm looking forward to the 2011 season:
Pugs: Wilks, Neuville, Maghalaes
Peugeot needs an extra strong, experienced driver: why not Vouilloz again? And Abarth, they must join again! Proton needs a reliable car (if they will do IRC again?). Anyone else?
Alister is searching alot after some budget for the Proton next year and u can probably expect Cave also entering some events. It's almost time for Kruuda to get a S2000 that guy is very fast he impressed me this weekend in Wales :) and he's like 17-18 years old!!

PLuto
16th November 2010, 18:43
Toni Gardemeister next year on more events in IRC - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11357

Mirek
16th November 2010, 19:12
Few photos from today's test of Andreas Mikkelsen with factory Fabia: http://www.johnfoto.cz/mikkelsen/

He will test again tomorrow in different location.

uranium
17th November 2010, 07:39

What about Hanninen?

MartijnS
17th November 2010, 08:28
Hanninen is going to compete in the SWRC.
Raikkonen will drive in Monte Carlo.

pucky54
17th November 2010, 09:01
But Hänninen will do RMC!?!?

Mirek
17th November 2010, 09:46
But Hänninen will do RMC!?!?

Yes, he will. Also Barum in my opinion.

wwbroe
17th November 2010, 09:53
According to rumours i've heard, Juho would probably do 4 IRC events next year, Monte being one of them. I don't know wich ones are the other 3 but i guess Barum is very lickely. ;)

stepunk
17th November 2010, 09:58
Which car will he drive?

Mirek
17th November 2010, 10:02
I heard about Peugeot.

PLuto
17th November 2010, 12:39
Hanninen is going to compete in the SWRC.

About Raikkonen I was writing a week ago (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11327)...

Mirek
17th November 2010, 20:19
Photos from today's test of Andreas Mikkelsen and Jaroslav Starý with new S2000 engine spec.: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11360

Mirek
18th November 2010, 19:30
Another video of Andreas Mikkelsen's test: http://www.stream.cz/video/534028-test-skoda-fabia-s2000-a-mikkelsen

uranium
19th November 2010, 08:04
IRC: Skoda to start defence in Monte Carlo (http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/165175/1/irc_skoda_to_start_defence_in_monte_carlo.html?utm _source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss)

The Czech make, ...., will field a brace of factory-prepared Fabia S2000s for Finn Hanninen and co-driver Mikko Markkula plus Czech pair Jan Kopecky and Petr Stary.

Several other Skodas will also be in action on the event. 

So, Hanninen will start in IRC next year at least in MCR.

PLuto
19th November 2010, 12:05
Juho will do 2-4 events in IRC.

RS
19th November 2010, 13:33
Juho will do 2-4 events in IRC.

He should do some early ones then he can push for the championship later on if necessary/possible :)

Loix was nearly a title contender in 2010 entering only 4 events.

RS
27th November 2010, 10:31
Any news on possible Abarth entries in 2011? Rossetti said he would like to do IRC next year as it is "the best championship for privateer drivers"

OldF
27th November 2010, 16:38
Maybe one seat more in IRC next year for those who have the budget.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/romo_plans_to_expand_irc_attack/

PLuto
27th November 2010, 17:15
I have read that article, but I dont know what should I think about it...

PLuto
29th November 2010, 16:15
GT cars allowed ! - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11386

HaCo
29th November 2010, 17:04

Imagine the IRC attracting brands like Porsche or Nissan to the championship! If they want to bring back the old rallysport (that was there target), they should at least try it :)

Mirek
29th November 2010, 17:28
With proposed regulations it's nice platform for gentleman drivers but I don't see them competitive against S2000 cars.

Short translation of Pluto's info:

Only 2WD, naturally aspirated engine
Stock engine
Restrictor size either 43 mm or 2 x 31 mm (estimated maximum power 400 Hp)
Maximum allowed top speed 180 km/h
Maximum 6-speed manual gearbox
Minimum weight 1200 kg, maximum weight 1400 kg
Minimum weight of particular car counted from engine power to give weight/power ratio 3,5kg/Hp (so 1400 kg / 400 Hp, 1200 kg / 343 Hp etc.)
Stock suspension parts
Stock brakes with additional cooling by air ducts with maximum diameter 100 mm
Similar bodyshell rules to gr.N cars

alleskids
5th December 2010, 17:22
Accoording to Autohebdo:
The Malaysian manufacturer Proton has unveiled its program for the 2011 season. In addition to the championship Asia - Pacific Rally, Proton will play a full season of the International Rally Challenge, with the Monte Carlo as the first test. PG Andersson and Chris Atkinson will take the wheel of the Satria Neo S2000 on the roads of southern France next January. Alister McRae will also travel during the Championship with Proton Asia - Pacific at a few rallies and IRC.

Sulland
6th December 2010, 12:47

Are IRC planning to give the RGT Class a green light for 2011 ?
I have not seen their 2011 regs yet, have anyone seen them ?

Sulland
6th December 2010, 12:48
Accoording to Autohebdo:
The Malaysian manufacturer Proton has unveiled its program for the 2011 season. In addition to the championship Asia - Pacific Rally, Proton will play a full season of the International Rally Challenge, with the Monte Carlo as the first test. PG Andersson and Chris Atkinson will take the wheel of the Satria Neo S2000 on the roads of southern France next January. Alister McRae will also travel during the Championship with Proton Asia - Pacific at a few rallies and IRC.

But no program for tech upgrade for the car ?

Tom206wrc
7th December 2010, 14:40
Six events of IRC 2011 for Irish Citroën Racing Trophy driver Martin McCormack :confused:

alleskids
7th December 2010, 15:01
great news. what car and team?

edit: In the coming season he will follow in the footsteps of his compatriot Meeke and drive up to six events. "Kris is definitely an inspiration, especially when you see what he has achieved in the IRC, and how it helped his career. Many manufacturers have on the series of interest. Ie, that there are more opportunities for young driver like me" McCormack is confident.

"We are is still in the planning stage and nothing is currently being decided. A S2000-powered car is the main goal, but also the 2WD Cup is an interesting option that would please me." 2009 was the 25-year-old with ten class wins in 14 British Junior Rally Champion.

wwbroe
8th December 2010, 09:20
I have heard some rumour that Rally Islas Canarias wouldn't be on 2011 calendar anymore and would be replaced by a round in Oukraine. Does anybody have more information about this issue?

PLuto
8th December 2010, 11:36
There were rumours about Sanremo and Canarias out, but actually it looks that both should stay on. Ukraine is first "reserve" event, but we will see in next days...

uranium
8th December 2010, 11:40
I have heard some rumour that Rally Islas Canarias wouldn't be on 2011 calendar anymore and would be replaced by a round in Oukraine. Does anybody have more information about this issue?
It will be decided on Friday.

noel157
8th December 2010, 14:25
I think it's early days for McCormack, budget-wise. Hopefully he can get a limited (or bigger) programme together, either S2K in a 207 or 2WD in a DS3.

Tom206wrc
8th December 2010, 15:26
Starting with the DS3 and fightig for 2WD should be cheaper ;)

morganmilan
9th December 2010, 23:40
Some rumours in Germany involving Skoda Deutschland and Kahle for IRC. All it depends on future plans of Skoda to run DRM again next year or not. I suppose we will know it soon when german rally calendar to be known

FabiaFan
10th December 2010, 00:07
Some rumours in Germany involving Skoda Deutschland and Kahle for IRC. All it depends on future plans of Skoda to run DRM again next year or not. I suppose we will know it soon when german rally calendar to be known Yes. And not only Kahle, but also Wallenwein, who's already at the Monte...

PLuto
10th December 2010, 15:52
No S2000 with 1.6 Turbo in regional championships in 2011 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11444

PLuto
10th December 2010, 17:34
New calendar of IRC for season 2011 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11447

wwbroe
10th December 2010, 17:42
So, Oukraine will replace Islas Canarias? Or will the Spanish round be run at another date wich is to be comfirmed? I tried Google translate, but Czech language is too difficult to translate. :D

PLuto
10th December 2010, 17:47
It was written as "not sure", but actually it looks that Canarias will be 13th event :(

alleskids
10th December 2010, 19:22
Rallye Monte Carlo 18.-22.01.2011 Asphalt
Rally de los Alerces 11.-13.03.2011 Gravel

Rally Islas Canarias Trofeo El Corte Inglés 14-16.04.2011 ? Asphalt Tour de Corse 06.-08.05.2011 Asphalt

Prime Yalta Rally 02.-04.06.2011 Asphalt
Geko Ypres Rally 23.-25.06.2011 Asphalt
Sata Rally Açores 14.-16.07.2011 Gravel
Rali Vinho Madeira 04.-06.08.2011 Asphalt
Barum Rally Zlín 26.-28.08.2011 Asphalt
Mecsek Rally 08.-10.09.2011 Asphalt / gravel
Rallye Sanremo 22.-24.09.2011 Asphalt
Rally of Scotland 14.-16.10.2011 Gravel
Cyprus Rally 03.-05.11.2011 Asphalt / gravel

After confirming the date, the Canary Islands will become the thirteenth IRC

AP-Racing
11th December 2010, 09:47
Including Yalta Rally - this is great news.
I'm recommend to visit this race.
Yalta in this time of year, a wonderful place

rallyfiend
11th December 2010, 11:43
I'd be willing to bet that Tour de Corse moves as well.

Corsica IRC and Sardinia WRC on the same weekend? Stupid.

HaCo
11th December 2010, 18:49
I'd be willing to bet that Tour de Corse moves as well.

Corsica IRC and Sardinia WRC on the same weekend? Stupid.

I know which channel I will follow rally that weekend!

uranium
11th December 2010, 18:59
Rally Yalta in Ukraine became status of IRC stage and will be included next year ! :)

rallyfiend
11th December 2010, 19:25
I guess as long as you can write a cheque to Eurosport, you can get on the calendar.

RS
11th December 2010, 19:28
Anyone know if IRC will switch to the new FIA style top-10 points scoring system for 2011?

I guess Proton would like that (if they can start finishing rallies)

urabus-denoS2000
11th December 2010, 19:41
I guess as long as you can write a cheque to Eurosport, you can get on the calendar.

And things are so much better with the WRC ? I'm sure Jordan was selected because of its beautiful stages in the middle of nothing with 2 spectators on every stage

Mirek
11th December 2010, 19:51

Yalta has veeery difficult stages and beautiful scenery. I saw also a lot of interest from public on photos.

http://www.yaltarally.com/wp-content/gallery/2008_rally/img_0548.jpg
http://www.yaltarally.com/wp-content/gallery/2008_rally/mg_0225.jpg
http://www.yaltarally.com/wp-content/gallery/2010_primeyaltarally_2day/img_6753.jpg

dimviii
11th December 2010, 20:04
Yalta has veeery difficult stages and beautiful scenery. I saw also a lot of interest from public on photos.

http://www.yaltarally.com/wp-content/gallery/2008_rally/img_0548.jpg
http://www.yaltarally.com/wp-content/gallery/2008_rally/mg_0225.jpg
http://www.yaltarally.com/wp-content/gallery/2010_primeyaltarally_2day/img_6753.jpg

nice scenery! like tour de Corse.

OldF
11th December 2010, 21:12
I'm sure Jordan was selected because of its beautiful stages in the middle of nothing with 2 spectators on every stage

Is there that much? I t must be quite crowded over there. :)

Francis44
11th December 2010, 21:52
Truly beautifull scenery. I like the fact that some new horizonts are being pulled to the international rally World.

Although it's sad to see some classic events go, other country's deserve to have the opportunity aswell and who knows, maybe 20 years from now they will have classic status.

rallyfiend
11th December 2010, 22:24
And things are so much better with the WRC ? I'm sure Jordan was selected because of its beautiful stages in the middle of nothing with 2 spectators on every stage

I'm sure that was chosen for political expediency, rather than financial reasons.

cali
12th December 2010, 08:08
I'm sure that was chosen for political expediency, rather than financial reasons.
biased, biased, biased .....

Sulland
12th December 2010, 13:16
Just imagine: The Solberg Brothers cant get a drive in WRC in 2011, and swithces to IRC.
PG gets a Proton deal for the whole season, and a couple of the other MC drivers do the same.
The IRC championship lineup would then look something like this:

SOLBERG Petter / PATTERSON Chris 207 S2000
GARDEMEISTER Toni / TUOMI Tomi 207 S2000
DELECOUR François / SAVIGNONI Dominique 207 S2000
WILKS Guy / PUGH Philip 207 S2000
SARRAZIN Stéphane / RENUCCI Jacques Julien 207 S2000
BRYNILDSEN Eyvind / MENKERUD Cato FABIA S2000
LOIX Freddy / MICLOTTE Frédéric FABIA S2000
KOPECKY Jan / STARY Petr FABIA S2000
HANNINEN Juha / MARKKULA Mikko FABIA S2000
MIKKELSEN Andreas / FLOENE Ola FABIA S2000
SOLBERG Henning / MINOR Ilka FIESTA S2000
ATKINSON Chris / PREVOT Stéphane PROTON SATRIA NEO S2000
ANDERSSON Per Gunnar / ? PROTON SATRIA NEO S2000

Would send a pretty strong signal to FIA on their planning capability.......

Mirek
12th December 2010, 13:55
If, if, would, would...

Tom206wrc
12th December 2010, 14:10
Beautiful land for rallying, Yalta, seeing the pics above :)

uranium
12th December 2010, 16:03
Beautiful land for rallying, Yalta, seeing the pics above :)

Off-site:
http://www.yaltarally.com/?lang=en

More photos from rally 2010:

http://project-t3.kiev.ua/thumbnails-180.html
http://rallyonline.com.ua/2010/gallery/yalta10/

and the best photo

http://www.rally.in.ua/gallery/d/20215-2/SEPTEMBER029.jpg

Walach
12th December 2010, 17:26
This guy seems to be little bit crazy :D

alleskids
12th December 2010, 17:52
Gigi Galli???
By the way, has Gigi retired? It was WRC or bust, but maybe the exciting competition of this year has opened his mind. He would fit in perfectly

N.O.T
12th December 2010, 17:57
after his injury he just faded...

dimviii
12th December 2010, 18:05
This guy seems to be little bit crazy :D

best guy for sponsorship :D

urabus-denoS2000
12th December 2010, 19:50
Is there that much? I t must be quite crowded over there. :)

I didn't make a mistake , it was sarcasm on intention ;)

But seriously , I don't believe there are much more spectators there then I noted :D

Luis Pacheco
12th December 2010, 20:47
and the best photo

http://www.rally.in.ua/gallery/d/20215-2/SEPTEMBER029.jpg

Is this the same guy who jump like a crazy some time ago, at Turkey Rallye?

mousti
12th December 2010, 21:08
Now that you are saying it , yes should be if I see now the Mentos brand on the side of the car ! :)

dimviii
12th December 2010, 21:17
Yes the same guy is.

urabus-denoS2000
12th December 2010, 21:17
Yes it is . If I'm not wrong , he's the Ukrainian 2010 champion ;)

J4MIE
12th December 2010, 23:15
Interesting decision to include Ukraine, I like "new" events and would love to attend, however it is looking like I will be having a "lean" year and not going to many. Man, I am already depressed :(

Hartusvuori
13th December 2010, 10:30

He also made quite a stunt at some event's podium when the car started to move on its own and started running towards the traffic. Can't find the video though. Crazy Mentos should easily renew his sponsorship.

Aquagen
13th December 2010, 10:47
He also made quite a stunt at some event's podium when the car started to move on its own and started running towards the traffic. Can't find the video though. Here it is:
http://rutube.ru/tracks/3372835.html?v=c38aba75dea4b255bc04e4fcf21f78fc&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

And another photos from Yalta in a previous three years:
2010: http://www.reporters.com.ua/gallery/1/97/
2009: http://www.reporters.com.ua/gallery/1/77/
2008: http://www.reporters.com.ua/gallery/1/43/

wwbroe
13th December 2010, 12:32
Does someone of Ukraine members have maybe Google Earth maps from past editions of Yalta rally? If you don't want to make them public you can send them by PM. Thanks in advance. All kind of maps of this rally are more then welcome. :)

morganmilan
13th December 2010, 12:34
[quote="Aquagen"]Here it is:
http://rutube.ru/tracks/3372835.html?v=c38aba75dea4b255bc04e4fcf21f78fc&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

+1 :D

uranium
13th December 2010, 12:36
Does someone of Ukraine members have maybe Google Earth maps from past editions of Yalta rally? If you don't want to make them public you can send them by PM. Thanks in advance. All kind of maps of this rally are more then welcome. :)

http://www.yaltarally.com/?page_id=34&lang=en

Here they are.

uranium
13th December 2010, 12:40
Google maps (http://goo.gl/maps/0ZVb)

Aquagen
13th December 2010, 13:02
Does someone of Ukraine members have maybe Google Earth maps from past editions of Yalta rally? If you don't want to make them public you can send them by PM. Thanks in advance. All kind of maps of this rally are more then welcome. :) Simple tracking of the Yalta Rally you can find here => http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=%D0%AF%D0%BB%D1%82%D0%B0,+%D0%90%D0%B2%D1%82 %D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%A0%D0%B5% D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%96%D0%BA%D0%B0+%D 0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC,+%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D 1%97%D0%BD%D0%B0&daddr=%D0%A1%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BD%D 0%B5,+%D0%90%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D 0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%A0%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0 %BB%D1%96%D0%BA%D0%B0+%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC,+%D 0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D0%B0+to:%D0%A2 %D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5,+%D0%90%D0%B2 %D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%A0% D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%96%D0%BA%D0 %B0+%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC,+%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D 0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D0%B0+to:%D0%9E%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%B8 %D0%BD%D0%B5,+%D0%A1%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82 %D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C,+%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80 %D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D0%B0+to:%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0% B8%D0%B7%D1%96%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0,+%D0%90%D0%B2%D1% 82%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%A0%D0%B 5%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%96%D0%BA%D0%B0+ %D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC,+%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0 %D1%97%D0%BD%D0%B0+to:%D0%AF%D0%BB%D1%82%D0%B0,+%D 0%90%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0% B0+%D0%A0%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%9 6%D0%BA%D0%B0+%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC,+%D0%A3%D0% BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D0%B0&hl=uk&geocode=FfQBpwIdDisJAilLII18B8mUQDGuh9RkioBffA%3BF RvTpwIdSiYGAiktDzMoRdCUQDG4CpQ-HcuvfQ%3BFSB1qQIdjNwDAimzQSW0KCqVQDHuu4CuHARDDg%3B FQcqpgIdd3UDAikJDNW9pd2UQDGgyntYdfGgrQ%3BFQZgpQIdw hUGAin5CyX7g8GUQDF0VXqleduGEA%3BFfQBpwIdDisJAilLII 18B8mUQDGuh9RkioBffA&mra=ls&sll=44.499934,33.938141&sspn=0.286994,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=44.569926,34.123535&spn=0.573298,1.234589&z=10
It was only three original SS in 2010 - first day it is climbing to AyPetri mountain (approx. 18km), downhill to Sokoline (21km) and pass from Orlinoye to Opolznevoye (11 km) - two times. Seconday day is reverse direction of the same SS two times. This year, as I know, we'll have two SSS in Yalta city.

wwbroe
13th December 2010, 14:23
Thanks guys for the quick answer. ;)

Luis Pacheco
13th December 2010, 21:32
Here it is:

:) :) :)

AndyRAC
16th December 2010, 11:06
It has been mentioned in MNews that there could be a date change with IRC Rally Scotland. The Tour of Mull has moved and now clashes with it, meaning a shortage of marshals/ officials. Add in the same weekend sees the Cambrian in North Wales and we have 3 major events on the same weekend. Utter madness.

RS
16th December 2010, 14:47
Anton Alen wants to make an IRC comeback: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?stid=9106

PLuto
17th December 2010, 00:42
He wants to make comeback for last two years...

[Madeira-Rally]
18th December 2010, 17:33
He want to comeback.. but nobody want's him.. hehe

mousti
18th December 2010, 18:50
]He want to comeback.. but nobody want's him.. hehe
Some will want him but like always money, easy to say I want to comeback but without money u can say that your whole life :)

Japé
18th December 2010, 20:47
It is a shame "Abarth" treated him like they did. What I've heard while Basso and others had new parts and cars, Alén had 2 years older car, if he had car at all, no parts and service what so ever - it is hard to have success, if your team doesn't even want you to be in team / drive :D

I hope he gets proper chance this season with some other team / car.

PLuto
19th December 2010, 03:01
I dont think that problem for Alen was Abarth, but for Abarth was problem Alen :)

RS
19th December 2010, 06:48
I tend to agree with Pluto here.

Alen showed some promise on faster gravel events but at the end of the day he was too accident prone, too slow on tarmac, bad with the media and simply not as good as Rossetti or Basso. I sometimes wonder if the outcome of Abarth's IRC programme could have been different if they had had those two driving all the time instead of Alen.

Unfortunately, if some of the posts on this forum are to be believed running home and bitching to the national press seems to be a bit of a secondary national sport in Finland.

However one good thing about the the Alen family is that daddy doesn't just go out and buy him a drive, because I think that never really works (ref: Wilson)

Japé
19th December 2010, 08:07
It is good to people have opinions, but like that Alén had 5 retirements in 5 seasons for crashes (all rallies, on irc just 2), I wouldn't say that he was too accident prone. I would say that drivers should have couple crashes each season, that then we can know they are really pushing to limits sometimes.

[Madeira-Rally]
19th December 2010, 22:33
Crashing doesn't mean that you are pushing to the limits... most of times means... drivers mistakes.

cali
20th December 2010, 07:21
]Crashing doesn't mean that you are pushing to the limits... most of times means... drivers mistakes.
But think now...when the chance of making a mistake will be bigger - driving max attack or just cruising?

mousti
20th December 2010, 07:58
I would say that drivers should have couple crashes each season, that then we can know they are really pushing to limits sometimes.
Duval :D :s mokin:

Mirek
20th December 2010, 10:58
But think now...when the chance of making a mistake will be bigger - driving max attack or just cruising?

Some drivers crash in cruise mode quite often. I know about several who actually hate situation when they only need to finish. They say that it's very difficult to concentrate enough.

N.O.T
20th December 2010, 11:08
Some drivers crash in cruise mode quite often. I know about several who actually hate situation when they only need to finish. They say that it's very difficult to concentrate enough.

Latvala, Loeb, and Gronholm are some of them. Gronholm lost a championship because of that.

If you want more on crashing while cruising Mr kimi Raikonen gives lectures on the subject every friday at 6:00 pm GMT in the university for the successful but unemployed.

urabus-denoS2000
20th December 2010, 11:44
If you want more on crashing while cruising Mr kimi Raikonen gives lectures on the subject every friday at 6:00 pm GMT in the university for the successful but unemployed.

How do you know that ? :cool:

bluuford
20th December 2010, 13:10
How do you know that ? :cool:

Didn't you know that he is Kimi-s biggest fan? I bet he knows what Kimi eat today for breakfast and what he is wearing right now :-P

rallyfiend
20th December 2010, 13:33
What of Hankook for 2011?

PLuto
20th December 2010, 13:44
It looks that Hankook will continue in IRC in 2011. But wait few weeks for more informations. I think their project will start after Argentina, so there is still lot of time to arrange everything.

bluuford
20th December 2010, 21:47
Siim Plangi announced that he is running in Reanult UK team in 2011 in BRC and also some IRC starts with his Civic Type-R are planned (He won 2wd cup in Scotland this year).

Jeppe
22nd December 2010, 09:17
Siim Plangi announced that he is running in Reanult UK team in 2011 in BRC and also some IRC starts with his Civic Type-R are planned (He won 2wd cup in Scotland this year).

Do you know source for that. And couple of questions if somebody has more information..

Who is running Renault team UK and is there any other drivers in the team in BRC??

Mirek
22nd December 2010, 11:14
This year it was Matti Rantanen and Jarkko Nikara. They were promoting new Twingo R2 in some BRC rallies.

Jeppe
22nd December 2010, 13:51
This year it was Matti Rantanen and Jarkko Nikara. They were promoting new Twingo R2 in some BRC rallies.

What I know.. Their team was Autosport Technology and it had some co-operations with Renalt Sport engineers..

They have give some quotations to promising drivers in last years. But for whom this time??

GTA
22nd December 2010, 17:05
Team Floral from Belgium could also do some IRC events with their Fiesta S2000... :)

morganmilan
22nd December 2010, 17:43
Team Floral from Belgium could also do some IRC events with their Fiesta S2000... :)
Which driver or drivers?

ProRally
22nd December 2010, 18:02
Which driver or drivers?

Who ever pays for the drive...

Luis Pacheco
23rd December 2010, 08:54
Rallye Argentina is out of 2011 calendar. Sponsor problem.

morganmilan
23rd December 2010, 09:00
Which rally instead? Canarias maybe?

PLuto
23rd December 2010, 09:17

Yes, it is true - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11496

There should be rally on different place, second option is South America without IRC.

PLuto
23rd December 2010, 09:18
Which rally instead? Canarias maybe?

Canarias are in calendar...

bluuford
23rd December 2010, 13:32

So, what can we see?

Week 9 only rally Mexico - Argentina out
Week 15 only Jordan Rally - Canarias is on the edge to fall out (new date for sure)
Week 18 Rally Sardegna confirmed, Some talks about the date change for Tour de Corse
Week 36 Those rallies are held so distant to each other and possibly they are attracting very different competitors, spectators, sponsors etc. and they will be held in different time (one is during the night for us, the other is during the day).

So, what can we see? Brave move by Eurosport was a bit mad indeed as the original post says.

Without Argentina it will be International Rally Championship, no more Intercontinental. Why didn't they include South Africa with many S2000 cars and growing markets?

And no rallies between January and May? that is nearly 4 months!

bluuford
23rd December 2010, 13:46
Some more information about the plans of Estonian drivers in IRC:

Karl Kruuda -plans to take part in S2000 category. Detailed plans are still under consideration.

Martin Kangur - Plans to fight for IRC 2WD title with his Civic Type-R (Estonian 2WD champion in 2010)

Salist
23rd December 2010, 14:31

It is a bad news for argentinien rally fans. :(

JAM
23rd December 2010, 14:45

Not at all, they are trying to move it to Buenos Aires as it was the first interested in receive the rally.

Source: http://www.rallyreportnews.com.ar

wwbroe
23rd December 2010, 15:24
Yes, it is true - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11496

There should be rally on different place, second option is South America without IRC.

So Pluto, it is 100% sure yet that Argentina is out? Or will they try to do it same place like this year? Damn, i had been planning my trip over there allready. :(

PLuto
23rd December 2010, 16:00
Try to use translator :o )

As I wrote in the article and also under my link, there is still possibility to move the rally to San Luis.

wwbroe
23rd December 2010, 16:27
Try to use translator :o )

As I wrote in the article and also under my link, there is still possibility to move the rally to San Luis.

I allways use translator first, but translating Czech language to Flemish gives some very funny results and very diffcult to read. :D
But thanks for the answer anyhow. ;)

uranium
23rd December 2010, 20:48
I allways use translator first, but translating Czech language to Flemish gives some very funny results and very diffcult to read. :D

The best result is always to English. I have read article somewhere about Google Translator how it is working. So in two worlds, Google use and analyse a lot of documents, which are translated between different languages. So, quality depends significantly of number of documents have been translated from/into. Sure, English is obviously on the top.

cvhi
29th December 2010, 12:01
Harry Hunt (Citroën DS R3) source autonews.be

Tom206wrc
30th December 2010, 13:12
Harry Hunt (Citroën DS R3) source autonews.be

I suppose not at Monte-Carlo for a start :confused:

EavesFan09
30th December 2010, 15:13
Petter Solberg to do IRC

http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=2358

I see, according to the entry list Hening is also to do Monte-Carlo and F1 star Robert Kubica is too.

alleskids
30th December 2010, 15:20
Wevers Sport bought 2 Skoda Fabia S2000's (ex Hanninen and Loix). Bernard ten Brinke will use one for a limited IRC program. Wevers Sport was asked to make on offer to run the Fabia for Loix and BFO Skoda Belgium, together with RGRS, Symtech and Motorsport International.