PDA

View Full Version : Rhys Millen's 2010 Pike Peaks machine.

Zico
3rd September 2010, 08:27
Ok, I know the Pikes Peach is half Tarmac but is this (Rwd?) machine, although impressive in itself, the correct direction to go in if you are after the Unlimited record? Looks more like a LMP1 car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh_sV058aLU

Zeakiwi
3rd September 2010, 12:21
If you google Millen's car for other articles you will find it is all wheel drive with an active centre differential.
I guess you know the elements for a fast time at PP. Driver skill, luck with weather and road conditions on race day, car - handling, engine power/ torque, aerodynamics, traction, tyre factors etc

Zico
3rd September 2010, 22:21
Ah, thanks.. it just looked as though it was Rwd from the way it was handling in the video.

L5->R5/CR
4th September 2010, 00:43
If you google Millen's car for other articles you will find it is all wheel drive with an active centre differential.
I guess you know the elements for a fast time at PP. Driver skill, luck with weather and road conditions on race day, car - handling, engine power/ torque, aerodynamics, traction, tyre factors etc

According to a variety of people with the team they ran the diff 50/50 locked to help with predictability and turn in while on the mountain as they didn't have the time to do the testing to effectively map the diff.