PDA

View Full Version : WCC battles for fourth and sixth.

jens
1st September 2010, 19:10
Okay then... Leaving the title battle aside for a moment (RBR and McLaren separated by a single point), there are also some other interesting battles emerging among constructors. :) With 1/3 of the season still to go, it can be seen that the gap between Mercedes-Renault and Force India-Williams is small enough to enable a close fight in the remaining part of the season, especially as the recent trend of form has been in favour of the chasers.

Renault managed to make its F-duct work brilliantly at Spa, so perhaps we could expect more podium challenges from Kubica, while Mercedes seems stagnated and perhaps has their eye already on next year. Can Petrov assist him enough in points to overcome Mercedes?

At the same time Williams has managed to improve their performance since Valencia with a significant upgrade, eating up the points advantage of Force India. So it was a great relief for the Asian-team that Williams hit trouble in Belgium, while they managed to get basically maximum result for themselves from the weekend, enabling them to build a small cushion over the legendary British team. But with also Hülkenberg improving slowly but surely, the challenge of Williams - who has managed to reach Q3 on a consistent basis recently - is surely far from over.

Sonic
1st September 2010, 20:36
It certainly adds a bit of spice with battles up and down the table.

As a Williams fan I am hoping they can overtake FI in the points (they do after all seem to have the capability to get both cars in the points now) however its hard to get over excited by a great team fighting for 6th place.

Renault are almost the reverse. One driver capable of big points whilst over at Merc they can get two small points scores most races. I think Merc will hold on on that basis.

ioan
1st September 2010, 21:16
I am not even sure who are the people/teams in places 4 to 6th in the championship.