PDA

View Full Version : Mission accomplished

Eki
1st September 2010, 08:24
The US has ended combat operations in Iraq, however the occupation still continues. Obama didn't fly to an aircraft carrier in a fighter jet, shows that he at least has some taste.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/08/31/bergen.iraq.results/index.html?hpt=C2#fbid=jSwNKnCK7Z3&wom=false

Mark
1st September 2010, 10:01
Your thread title says it all. We've heard this before.

Eki
1st September 2010, 16:28
Lest we forget, and repeat it like in Iran.

F1boat
1st September 2010, 16:33
Excellent article.

anthonyvop
1st September 2010, 16:38
Gotta love the cojones on Obama.

Making a National address taking credit for something he was against.

Eki
1st September 2010, 17:14
Gotta love the cojones on Obama.

Making a National address taking credit for something he was against.
Against? I thought he promised to withdraw forces and end the war.

EagleEye
1st September 2010, 20:25
Against? I thought he promised to withdraw forces and end the war.

He was against the war.

He was against the surge.

He said the surge would fail.

Then, he tries to take credit for the success.

Most Americans and especially the soldiers know who to thank, and that would be President Bush.

Eki
1st September 2010, 20:52

Credit for the success? What success? How could anyone take credit for the invasion of Iraq? I wish somebody would take blame for it.

anthonyvop
1st September 2010, 21:30
Credit for the success? What success? How could anyone take credit for the invasion of Iraq? I wish somebody would take blame for it.

Somebody did.

Saddam Hussein!!!

Eki
1st September 2010, 21:39
Somebody did.

Saddam Hussein!!!
Only because he was coerced to. On the other hand, I don't remember him admitting guilt. Furthermore, he was found innocent of having WMDs and having connections with Al Qaeda and the 9/11 attacks.

anthonyvop
1st September 2010, 21:55
Only because he was coerced to. On the other hand, I don't remember him admitting guilt. Furthermore, he was found innocent of having WMDs and having connections with Al Qaeda and the 9/11 attacks.

Coerced? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He proudly proclaimed his guilt!!!

Eki
2nd September 2010, 06:08
Coerced? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He proudly proclaimed his guilt!!!

Proudly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I don't consider there to be much pride hiding in a "spider hole" and surrendering without resistance:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3317429.stm

Bob Riebe
2nd September 2010, 17:07
Credit for the success? What success? How could anyone take credit for the invasion of Iraq? I wish somebody would take blame for it.I would love to lock you in a room with people whose relatives were made to disappear by Saddam; they could probably bury what would be left of you in a milk bottle, with your picture on the side as "missing".

Eki
2nd September 2010, 17:16
I would love to lock you in a room with people whose relatives were made to disappear by Saddam; they could probably bury what would be left of you in a milk bottle, with your picture on the side as "missing".
And I would like to lock you in a room with people whose relatives have been killed (estimated 100,000 Iraqis) or maimed because of the Iraq war. Maybe with the relatives of that teenage Iraqi girl who was raped and murdered by American GIs. Oops, I forgot they murdered her family too, so you're safe.

Bob Riebe
2nd September 2010, 17:38
And I would like to lock you in a room with people whose relatives have been killed (estimated 100,000 Iraqis) or maimed because of the Iraq war. Maybe with the relatives of that teenage Iraqi girl who was raped and murdered by American GIs. Oops, I forgot they murdered her family too, so you're safe.Gee, you do not give a damn about those murdered by Saddam but being a liberal troll and hypocrite you pretend to care about those that suit your dogma.
Troll, troll, troll your boat....

Eki
2nd September 2010, 18:05
Gee, you do not give a damn about those murdered by Saddam but being a liberal troll and hypocrite you pretend to care about those that suit your dogma.
Troll, troll, troll your boat....
Those murdered by Saddam in the seven years before the invasion were far less than those murdered by Bush in the seven years after the invasion. There had not been mass killings since the early 1990s. The situation went from bad to worse.

race aficionado
2nd September 2010, 18:26
He was against the war.

He was against the surge.

He said the surge would fail.

Most Americans and especially the soldiers know who to thank, and that would be President Bush.

Yes, thank President Bush for:
(to quote the aforementioned article)

Look at what was lost and what it cost:
-- More than 4,500 American soldiers dead and 30,000 wounded.
-- At least 100,000 Iraqis killed.
-- Costs to U.S. taxpayers that will rise above a trillion dollars.
-- Jihadist terrorist attacks increased around the world sevenfold in the three years following the 2003 invasion.

Yeah sure, thanks mr. Bush Jr.
:dozey:

Eki
2nd September 2010, 18:55
-- Jihadist terrorist attacks increased around the world sevenfold in the three years following the 2003 invasion.

He didn't see that coming? What did Bush do after a terrorist attack caused by American interfering in the Middle East? He sent more American troops to the Middle East. "Smart" move.