PDA

View Full Version : Ducati quit World Superbikes

MrMetro
27th August 2010, 15:01
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/World-Superbikes/2010/August/aug2710-ducati-quit-wsb/

Rod Richardson
27th August 2010, 21:28
A sad and unfortunate casualty of the economic situation but Ducati confirmed its ongoing technical support for private teams at least for 2011.

Tissues all round and a huge thank you to Ducati for giving us decades of enjoyment and exciting racing.

Luckily we still have the Aprilias and BMWs which have evolved into front-runners.

Tazio
17th December 2010, 06:48
A sad and unfortunate casualty of the economic situation but Ducati confirmed its ongoing technical support for private teams at least for 2011.

Tissues all round and a huge thank you to Ducati for giving us decades of enjoyment and exciting racing.

Luckily we still have the Aprilias and BMWs which have evolved into front-runners.

That is my cue. Here is a pic of mine. It's a fun affordable toy

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/l_5269e4bded774da4abc55a51f2924898.jpg

NinjaMaster
17th December 2010, 07:32
That is my cue. Here is a pic of mine. It's a fun affordable toy

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/l_5269e4bded774da4abc55a51f2924898.jpg
Very nice. Been contemplating a Shiver for a while. Still on the possible list for a next bike.

Tazio
17th December 2010, 22:07
Very nice. Been contemplating a Shiver for a while. Still on the possible list for a next bike.
I'll tell you my experience is that the bike is all they say it is including the down side.
I can see how the engine management could be a problem. When I first had it I would switch maps on the fly, until I had about a 2 second anomaly where no power went down one time in-between Touring, and Sport. I very seldom change maps now as Sport is configured the way you want a Sport bike to react. Touring has a longer power curve, but that is only an advantage in first gear. Before I bought it I had read that first gear is a little abrupt in Sport. That is true but that can be handled by feathering the clutch from a start.

billiaml
24th December 2010, 15:16
Any word about other series -- ASB, MotoGP, etc?

NinjaMaster
25th December 2010, 11:18
Any word about other series -- ASB, MotoGP, etc?
Actually it's all a bit of a storm in a teacup. Ducati have pulled their official factory effort but will back a number of satellite teams, much like all the other factories bar Aprilia (and Suzuki I guess, who aren't backing anyone).

MotoGP will be bigger than ever with sponsors lining up to back Rossi.

The local series are on a case-by-case basis but I know that Ducati will no longer be involved in ASBK. Which is a shame.

billiaml
29th December 2010, 16:34
Actually it's all a bit of a storm in a teacup. Ducati have pulled their official factory effort but will back a number of satellite teams, much like all the other factories bar Aprilia (and Suzuki I guess, who aren't backing anyone).

MotoGP will be bigger than ever with sponsors lining up to back Rossi.

The local series are on a case-by-case basis but I know that Ducati will no longer be involved in ASBK. Which is a shame.

MrMetro
29th December 2010, 16:48
...(and Suzuki I guess, who aren't backing anyone).

Suzuki are only backing Fabrizio at Alstare, and thats it. Disapointing really, when you consider what Haslam could of done if Suzuki had invested more money in WSBK, instead of their failing MotoGP project

Allyc85
29th December 2010, 19:45
Suzuki are only backing Fabrizio at Alstare, and thats it. Disapointing really, when you consider what Haslam could of done if Suzuki had invested more money in WSBK, instead of their failing MotoGP project

Agreed. If they had spent a bit of money they could have made a hell of a lot more being champions!

NinjaMaster
1st January 2011, 03:26
I'd thought that the Alstare entry was to be run and funded by Francis Batta's crew without Suzuki backing but it seems as though they will get a factory supplied bike from the Hammamatsu manufacturer.

MrMetro
3rd January 2011, 19:34
I'd thought that the Alstare entry was to be run and funded by Francis Batta's crew without Suzuki backing but it seems as though they will get a factory supplied bike from the Hammamatsu manufacturer.

Although it will be classed as a factory entry, I doubt Suzuki will invest as much as its MotoGP team this coming season.

31st January 2011, 05:42
Hi, Mr Alcatraz,
I checked your link your bike is really good. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

suzukimad07
24th February 2011, 16:44
Biaggi to run number one plate in 2011

By Michael Guy -
World Superbikes

Max Biaggi will drop his trade mark number three race number to run the number one plate in 2011.
Over the past weeks there has been speculation on what number Biaggi would use with Aprilia keen to see the number one plate on the title winning RSV4, while Biaggi himself wanted to retain the number three.
On the official entry list Biaggi is still listed as number three, but in a photo shoot this afternoon at Phillip Island his bike was unveiled with the number one plate.
The last time Biaggi ran the number one plate was in 1997 onboard the Marlboro Honda NSR 250.