PDA

View Full Version : Schumi says sorry to Rubens

wedge
26th August 2010, 23:00
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8947184.stm

Via SMS!

This guy doesn't get it.

A face to face verbal slug out would've been preferable and not even a phone call but its water under bridge for now.

gloomyDAY
26th August 2010, 23:43
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8947184.stm

Via SMS!

This guy doesn't get it.

A face to face verbal slug out would've been preferable and not even a phone call but its water under bridge for now.Wow! Not even a phone call.

What a coward.

CNR
27th August 2010, 08:38
with friend like this who need enemies
we have seen him do something similar to massa as well

SGWilko
27th August 2010, 08:50
Leopards don't change their spots.

This is history - move along now.

UltimateDanGTR
27th August 2010, 10:25
he probably felt forced to apologize after he felt barrichello shouldnt have been trying to overtake 'the master' and so did it in the most sarcastic fashion possible.

either that, or he is just a coward.

555-04Q2
27th August 2010, 11:10
He's an idiot. There was nothing to apologise for.

Valve Bounce
27th August 2010, 11:24
He's an idiot. There was nothing to apologise for.

Quite right. According to StD, it was all Rubens fault.

Roamy
27th August 2010, 14:19
Oh and the RainMeister is just flying in practice too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He is a POS

Daika
27th August 2010, 15:51
Get over it. Btw, does this need it own thread? I'm sure the thread from 3 weeks ago is still available.

Dave B
27th August 2010, 16:07
Actually, it got locked. Hopefully this one will remain civil enough to continue, although there's really not much more which can be said.

Bagwan
27th August 2010, 16:25
Rubens accepted the apology .

It's a little sad others can't seem to do the same .

ioan
27th August 2010, 16:53
Rubens accepted the apology .

It's a little sad others can't seem to do the same .

Well said.

ArrowsFA1
28th August 2010, 09:48
Wow! Not even a phone call.

What a coward.
He's not a coward. He simply does agree that he did anything wrong IMHO. If that was your view would you want to make a public apology?

I suspect it has been suggested to Michael that he apologise. This apology could have been done better - first his website statement, now a text - but he has apologised and will probably talk to Rubens away from the media.

ioan
28th August 2010, 10:27
He's not a coward. He simply does agree that he did anything wrong IMHO. If that was your view would you want to make a public apology?

I suspect it has been suggested to Michael that he apologise. This apology could have been done better - first his website statement, now a text - but he has apologised and will probably talk to Rubens away from the media.

Exactly.
The point here is that he did apologize.
I am fairly confident that Rubens was very very happy with the apology, even if he won't say it.

Also we should not forget that MS also did congratulate him for his 300th GP!

sylvan
30th August 2010, 23:34
Exactly.
The point here is that he did apologize.
I am fairly confident that Rubens was very very happy with the apology, even if he won't say it.

Also we should not forget that MS also did congratulate him for his 300th GP!

and Schumi is still the best racing driver ever, and thats not because he doesnt do his job well

http://motorlaerm.2vbe.net/content/quot-kaiser-michael-schumacher-the-best-of-f1quot-kaiser-michael-schumacher-the-best-of-f1-vehicles-cars-motorsport-racing-formel1/quot-kaiser-michael-schumacher-the-best-of-f1quot-kaiser-michael-schumacher-the-best-of-f1-vehicles-cars-motorsport-racing-formel1.htm

Saint Devote
31st August 2010, 02:10
This does not sound like Schumi to me. I would doubt the validity of the news report.

Besides which he has nothing to apologize for.

Valve Bounce
31st August 2010, 03:09
This does not sound like Schumi to me. I would doubt the validity of the news report.

Besides which he has nothing to apologize for.

It's a media beat up, and the apology was posted by SchM's alter ego MhcS. :p :

Saint Devote
31st August 2010, 04:59
It's a media beat up, and the apology was posted by SchM's alter ego MhcS. :p :

:s mokin: :D See - I thought so! Damn MhcS! Probably a Freudian ghost of sorts.

Mia 01
31st August 2010, 10:02
Seb apologied to Jenson to. But he did it directly after the race.

wedge
15th September 2010, 13:44
A similar manoeuvre and different reactions from the driver:

Y7HhlW9x9B0&f

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86669

"That's the Ant I have always known in my racing career and no one has ever got to see that so I was really pleased, in front of my home fans, that I could show people in motorsport what I have always known from my karting days - that I am a tough bugger out there," he added.

"People got a glimpse of it in Le Mans where maybe I was a little too flamboyant, but here it was controlled aggression. I have massive respect for McNish for what he has achieved in sportscars.

"He is regarded as the hardest racer in Le Mans racing, so to do what we did, it was hard but fair and pretty cutthroat. As soon as we got into traffic I knew I was going to have a chance, stuffed it down the inside and it was a bit like [Michael] Schumacher and [Rubens] Barrichello in Hungary, but it was fairer than that.

"It was what Schumacher should have done, it was totally fair. I would have done the same thing and I had a big smile on my face while we were doing it. It was great I was buzzing."

F1boat
15th September 2010, 14:50
Yeah!