PDA

View Full Version : Needs to be said

call_me_andrew
25th August 2010, 02:27
Since only Danicafan sets up race threads now, I'll have to state the obvious here.

[soap box] At the Bristol NW race, Kyle Busch attempted to pull in front of Brad Keselowski while Busch was not clear. Busch mistakenly interpreted this as contact initiated by Keselowski. Busch retaliated by spinning Keselowski at the next opportunity. Following his victory, Busch taunted the jeering crowd and has not admitted fault in the initial contact.

This is the equivalent of coming home from work to find your wife in bed with another man, killing both of them in a slow and painful way, being proud of your accomplishment, realizing that it was not actually your wife and that you were in the wrong house all along, and then not admitting to your mistake. [/soap box]

Sparky1329
25th August 2010, 03:30
You won't get an argument from me. What really ticks me off about this incident is that NASCAR thinks that's acceptable. WTF?

harvick#1
25th August 2010, 07:16
and this is why the Nationwide Series has become a utter joke. the Cup guys are killing the series and the fans are starting to get tired of seeing the same driver win. Allgier is the only non cup winner this year, and thats sad. these guys are racing in the triple AAA's and mocking the up and coming drivers.

Nascar should be ashamed of themselves for throwing events like this

and oh BTW, DanicaFan only posts events with his favorite driver racing, hence you didnt see the mindless multi event page threads

Mark in Oshawa
25th August 2010, 08:08
and this is why the Nationwide Series has become a utter joke. the Cup guys are killing the series and the fans are starting to get tired of seeing the same driver win. Allgier is the only non cup winner this year, and thats sad. these guys are racing in the triple AAA's and mocking the up and coming drivers.

Nascar should be ashamed of themselves for throwing events like this

Ya..the fans are so upset, they have made the NW series the second most watched series on American TV, and they had a great crowd up in 6 figures for the race at Bristol.

Ya..NASCAR really is hurting that NW series...National TV contract....

I don't disagree that seeing Shrub win in NW is about as exciting to me as watching paint dry, but it wont change until fans start voting with their feet and their tv changers...and yet they still watch, and that means there wont be one iota of change on discouraging the Cup guys from moonlighting. Let's face it, they are the draw.

Mark in Oshawa
25th August 2010, 08:12
[soap box] At the Bristol NW race, Kyle Busch attempted to pull in front of Brad Keselowski while Busch was not clear. Busch mistakenly interpreted this as contact initiated by Keselowski. Busch retaliated by spinning Keselowski at the next opportunity. Following his victory, Busch taunted the jeering crowd and has not admitted fault in the initial contact.

This is the equivalent of coming home from work to find your wife in bed with another man, killing both of them in a slow and painful way, being proud of your accomplishment, realizing that it was not actually your wife and that you were in the wrong house all along, and then not admitting to your mistake. [/soap box]
That is what Shrub does. His wreck at Dega was him not being clear of JPM...his wreck a year or so ago with Smoke at Daytona in the July race was his effort to swerve in front and he wasn't clear.

It is his MO. However, a wee sliver of light on his defense is valid in this case. At a short track, the guy in behind usually lets you in with a situation like that...because what Brad did was basically play hard ball and that is fine...but when you end up in the wall after, it is hard to claim you are the snow white innocent. Unless there is 5 laps left or something, if you haven't enough car to get past him again, you don't deserve to spin him out like that.

That give and take thing happens to work, and Brad wont practice it, and he will be eating some wall on occasion.

NASCAR is inconsistent...

Horrors...I would have never known!

harvick#1
25th August 2010, 17:21
Ya..the fans are so upset, they have made the NW series the second most watched series on American TV, and they had a great crowd up in 6 figures for the race at Bristol.

Ya..NASCAR really is hurting that NW series...National TV contract....

I don't disagree that seeing Shrub win in NW is about as exciting to me as watching paint dry, but it wont change until fans start voting with their feet and their tv changers...and yet they still watch, and that means there wont be one iota of change on discouraging the Cup guys from moonlighting. Let's face it, they are the draw.

because most Nascar fans only follow Nascar and thats it, they think all other racing is a joke.

how was the ALMS race at Road America this last week, sure beat the excite of all three bristol races last weekend. but Nascar fans wont see it because they believe their farts smell better than everyone else. I'm a true racing fan and love all the racing and love pointing out flaws in series, and everyone does. but the Nationwide series is a major joke, the Cup drivers should never be allowed to run a full season, yet alone 10 races.

back 10 years ago you didnt see that, guys like Martin and Burton raced them yes, but they only ran about 10 races if that each year. all dumbass France needs to do is limit the # of times a driver is allowed to race in the lower series, but we are talking about France :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
26th August 2010, 08:13
because most Nascar fans only follow Nascar and thats it, they think all other racing is a joke.

how was the ALMS race at Road America this last week, sure beat the excite of all three bristol races last weekend. but Nascar fans wont see it because they believe their farts smell better than everyone else. I'm a true racing fan and love all the racing and love pointing out flaws in series, and everyone does. but the Nationwide series is a major joke, the Cup drivers should never be allowed to run a full season, yet alone 10 races.

back 10 years ago you didnt see that, guys like Martin and Burton raced them yes, but they only ran about 10 races if that each year. all dumbass France needs to do is limit the # of times a driver is allowed to race in the lower series, but we are talking about France :rolleyes:

Harv..he doesn't HAVE to...I don't disagree with you that there is lots of good racing out there....but he is getting money on that NW contract because he knows that at every race a few Cup stars are in there to spice up things.

You keep missing the point. He WANTS them in there....you keep trying to fix something that in his mind doesn't need to be fixed, and attendance wise and TV wise, the numbers back that up if you compare it to when Burton and Martin used to moonlight for 10 races a year....

call_me_andrew
27th August 2010, 02:32
Please don't turn this into a discussion about moonlighting.

00steven
3rd September 2010, 01:32
Brad should have let off the throttle.

jeffmr2
3rd September 2010, 23:35
Kyle raced Brad hard but clean for at least 15 laps untill he cleared him and then gets spun out withing a lap by some terrible impatient driving by Brad.At least when Kyle got him back he done it on a turn at low speed,was no big deal just returned the favour.
The worst driving ive ever seen in nascar must be clumsy Carl with his moves at Atlanta and Gateway,he should have had a 3 race ban at least,it was disgracefull what he done.

call_me_andrew
4th September 2010, 02:13
I don't see this as a scenario where Brad is supposed to let off the trottle. Busch moved up before he was clear: that's the spotters fault.

Sparky1329
4th September 2010, 04:58
I don't see this as a scenario where Brad is supposed to let off the trottle. Busch moved up before he was clear: that's the spotters fault.

I don't either.

tstran17_88
4th September 2010, 22:09
This is the equivalent of coming home from work to find your wife in bed with another man, killing both of them in a slow and painful way, being proud of your accomplishment, realizing that it was not actually your wife and that you were in the wrong house all along, and then not admitting to your mistake. I'm not sure what would go through a person's mind to think this, much less post it on a message board....but I guess. I've been accused of being out there at times as well.

At the Bristol NW race, Kyle Busch attempted to pull in front of Brad Keselowski while Busch was not clear. Busch mistakenly interpreted this as contact initiated by Keselowski. Busch retaliated by spinning Keselowski at the next opportunity. Following his victory, Busch taunted the jeering crowd and has not admitted fault in the initial contact. I'm not going to defend Shrub (especially if you saw his asinine move in victory lane at the CWTS race last night all because of a Freudian slip by the Onion)...but Keselowski isn't making any friends out there and seems to be just as big as an a-hole as Shrub.