PDA

View Full Version : World Rally Car Data Base

Allar
21st August 2010, 21:22
We have a wonderful s2000 database so why we cant have one for WRC?
I would do it myself, but i dont have any experince with makeing websites so
first thing to do is finding people who have experience with websites and people who wanna search data.
Second thing would be Website and adding all cars in it with reg. plate(s), then rallys they have participated + pic of each event.

Its not job for one people so any help and idea's will be welcome.
Who wanna help just post in this theard or send me PM.

navtheace
22nd August 2010, 00:39
Why not 'start the ball rolling' on this topic?

If everyone follows this format. For example

1. Car - Impreza GpA
2. Year- 1996
3. Reg plate
4. Works Team - Prodrive
5. Driver - Colin McRae & Co Driver/s
6. Additional/interesting notes about this car
7. Photos

Allar
22nd August 2010, 01:27
Right now im searching for webhost for this site. Allready find one cheap and fast one, but then i find out that it dont work in canada and in some other places. So i keep on searching....

Im interested only in those car's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Car

First i wanna find my webhost and then we will see how this thing will look like.

Xsara Fan
22nd August 2010, 08:57
We have a wonderful s2000 database so why we cant have one for WRC?
I would do it myself, but i dont have any experince with makeing websites so
first thing to do is finding people who have experience with websites and people who wanna search data.
Second thing would be Website and adding all cars in it with reg. plate(s), then rallys they have participated + pic of each event.

Its not job for one people so any help and idea's will be welcome.
Who wanna help just post in this theard or send me PM.

It`s a huge job and without sponsors it`s not possible. I made a website with Citroen, Toyota Corolla WRC and Peugeot 307 WRC history but now I stop my job. Why? Cause I have no time for 'work for interest'!

I have a database with history of group B, group A and WRC cars but I`ll put it into Internet only after somebody pay for it.

Sulland
22nd August 2010, 10:44
The reason of the success of the DB og S2000 is that they started from the beginning of S2000 almost.

My advice is to forget the 2 litre category, and start from scratch on the new 1600T WRCar, and if possible work with the people behind the S2000 db, they have experience, or just add to that db with the new cars.

Mirek
22nd August 2010, 10:50
It easy only till the cars stay in big and official teams. Once they get to jungle leagues or private collections etc., it becomes a mess which no-one is able to follow...

Xsara Fan
22nd August 2010, 11:47
]It easy only till the cars stay in big and official teams. Once they get to jungle leagues or private collections etc., it becomes a mess which no-one is able to follow...

It`s not "a mess which no-one is able to follow". It`s become a huge work.

Allar
22nd August 2010, 12:33
My advice is to forget the 2 litre category, and start from scratch on the new 1600T WRCar,
Maybe u are right!

navtheace
22nd August 2010, 13:07
The reason of the success of the DB og S2000 is that they started from the beginning of S2000 almost.

What is the website of the DB OG S2000 site?

noel157
22nd August 2010, 17:51
What is the website of the DB OG S2000 site?

http://www.s2000rally.com/

Allar
24th June 2011, 00:17
I still wanna make WRc database, but i wanna start off with 1,6t. Im not very good scripter so i need someone who can make script for webpage. it dont have to be fancy, lets keep it simple.