PDA

View Full Version : Ford 2011 drivers

MJW
21st August 2010, 18:52
Just a thought following on from Ford failing to land Ogier in 2011, what about Sordo or Atko joining Ford? I am sure they would be able to "freshen up" the lineup, and I guess wont cost the earth to sign up money wise. Poor Mikko, I dont know what future for him, OK maybe Juokhi still sorts something with M-Sport nut he wont be a champion.......

Allar
21st August 2010, 19:00
Wilson have allready told that Mikko and Jari-Matti will be in Ford team next year aswell.

Tomi
21st August 2010, 19:03
Just a thought following on from Ford failing to land Ogier in 2011
You still belive that Ford was a real option for Ogier?

Gordini
21st August 2010, 19:08
Mikko is a very good driver, and a perfect number 2, but he will never be a winner. Latvala has the potential to be one, he has the speed.

HaCo
21st August 2010, 19:16
Solberg would be good.

tmx
21st August 2010, 19:21
Poor Mikko, I dont know what future for him....... Mikko will have a long future in the WRC. Last year Jari had a bad year and bounced back, now Mikko had a bad year. Next year both will be stronger, though I think Ford need to eliminate the concept of #1 and #2 drivers.

Solberg would be good. Older Solberg will drive for Ford, younger Solberg will not drive for Ford.

pettersolberg29
21st August 2010, 19:28
What I simply cannot understand is how Ford still persevere with Henning - he's never been quick. I think he's a great guy, but his career is tailing off awfully in 2010. Why don't Henning's sponsors just push Petter forward and take him into the Ford team as a 3rd driver? Mikko, JML and Petter v. Loeb, Sordo and Ogier would make the Championship far more even.

Realistically though? It will be Mikko, JML, Wilson and Henning again...

A.F.F.
21st August 2010, 19:36
What I simply cannot understand is how Ford still persevere with Henning - he's never been quick. I think he's a great guy, but his career is tailing off awfully in 2010. Why don't Henning's sponsors just push Petter forward and take him into the Ford team as a 3rd driver? Mikko, JML and Petter v. Loeb, Sordo and Ogier would make the Championship far more even.

Because they're Henning's sponsors, not Petter's.

And I think you answered the first question by yourself.

MJW
21st August 2010, 19:58
You still belive that Ford was a real option for Ogier?

Not so much for Ogier, but Ford were serious.

Allyc85
21st August 2010, 20:18
Petter has to be in a Ford next year it would be crazy for him to be a privateer again next year. MW has to pull his head out of his arrogant arse, forget the past, put the team first and get Petter back in the blue oval!

Mikko has had a nightmare year but after 2000 where I thought he drove bloody well I think things could quite easily turn around for him in 2011.

JML has done very well this year with the pressure off and I think it would be a waste of a year to suddenly drop him and is worth trying at least another year with him :)

Barreis
21st August 2010, 20:28
P.Solberg is a champ material..

pettersolberg29
21st August 2010, 20:46
Because they're Henning's sponsors, not Petter's.

And I think you answered the first question by yourself.

Sure, but who in their right mind would sponsor Henning over Petter? Petter is much faster, more famous and a bigger personality. If Expert and the rest of Henning's sponsors can afford to pay for him to be in the Stobart team, then they can afford to pay to put Petter, or even someone else Norwegian and quick like Mikkelsen or Brynildsen in the same team and get far better coverage and results.

Tomi
21st August 2010, 21:20
There will be many Fords available next year, almost every one who can get a budget together can get one.

Allar
21st August 2010, 21:31
There will be many Fords available next year, almost every one who can get a budget together can get one.
I hope they will find way to national championships aswell. Like 10 years ago :)

Tomi
21st August 2010, 21:43
I hope they will find way to national championships aswell. Like 10 years ago :)

yes, lets hope so.

HaCo
21st August 2010, 22:07

Same story as with the focusses, right? :p

Tomi
21st August 2010, 22:17
Same story as with the focusses, right? :p

what do you mean, same story?

HaCo
21st August 2010, 22:28
what do you mean, same story?

Almost everyone who has a budget can run a Focus right now, nothing different.

Tomi
21st August 2010, 22:32

i think so yes, nothing different from what its now.

blissard
22nd August 2010, 00:50
I have a feeling Petter just wants to have the same car as Loeb, to eliminate the car as a factor, and base it purely on skills.

That said.., who knows, maybe the Fiesta will be quicker than the DS3.

Barreis
22nd August 2010, 01:28
I don't remember when Ford had champ.. Only as manufacturer with great Gronholm..

gloomyDAY
22nd August 2010, 01:59
I have a feeling Petter just wants to have the same car as Loeb, to eliminate the car as a factor, and base it purely on skills.

That said.., who knows, maybe the Fiesta will be quicker than the DS3.Ha! Don't make me laugh.

Allar
22nd August 2010, 02:24
Ha! Don't make me laugh.
If this make u laugh, u must be a idiot :) Usually when M-Sport makes new car than its fastest car around, It was like this in 2003, 2006 and Fiesta s2000 was fastest s2000 car in the beginning of this year,(Skoda seems to be the best one now)

HaCo
22nd August 2010, 07:28
And that could be perfectly understandable. If you see his performance in Germany, I just can't believe it. I would have never thought that Petter was a good tarmac driver! He won once in Corsica after everyone was surprised by the rain and he was fitted with good Pirelli's. But look at Germany: this must be a complete relief of frustration for him! The last years in the Subaru must have been really, really frustrating (anyone has watched Engineering the World Rallying on Discovery???).

So yes, I can understand.

After seeing Ford performance this year, I would put my money on a Citroen too. If he has the budget for a private team.

Sladden
22nd August 2010, 09:14
And that could be perfectly understandable. If you see his performance in Germany, I just can't believe it. I would have never thought that Petter was a good tarmac driver! He won once in Corsica after everyone was surprised by the rain and he was fitted with good Pirelli's. But look at Germany: this must be a complete relief of frustration for him! The last years in the Subaru must have been really, really frustrating (anyone has watched Engineering the World Rallying on Discovery???).

So yes, I can understand.

After seeing Ford performance this year, I would put my money on a Citroen too. If he has the budget for a private team.
Not really a surpriese for me. Corsica 2003 was a freak incident..but Petter was very fast in 2002 on tarmac. Check out his performance on San Remo for instance.. very quick indeed!

Gard
22nd August 2010, 22:04

I can get a Focus at my local Ford dealer. It isn't good enough for winning in WRC. Same if you buy it from M-Sport. You get a bit closer, but thats all. Next year should be very different. A customer car should actually be competitive. Hopefully no need to be in a factory seat.

Mirek
22nd August 2010, 22:06
That was often said about S2000 cars also and while the difference between factory and client machinery is much smaller, it's still reasonable.

Tomi
22nd August 2010, 22:14
]That was often said about S2000 cars also and while the difference between factory and client machinery is much smaller, it's still reasonable.

i belive the difference has much to do with that very few privateers feel the need for testing properly before the events.

Mirek
22nd August 2010, 22:18
Of course much larger testing makes a lot but still factory is always a step ahead. It's not like "hey, we have something new, tomorrow everyone can have it". It always takes time and that makes constant difference.

Tomi
22nd August 2010, 22:22
]Of course much larger testing makes a lot but still factory is always a step ahead. It's not like "hey, we have something new, tomorrow everyone can have it". It always takes time and that makes constant difference.

offcourse, but with testing it would be much easier to compete against other with same cars, but to belive customers get exactly the same as factory guys is offcourse naive.

Mirek
22nd August 2010, 22:27
Yes, I agree. It will be very interesting start to the season for sure :)

Viking
23rd August 2010, 09:03
]Yes, I agree. It will be very interesting start to the season for sure :)

Problem is that both Ford and Citroen will not deliver any cars to privaters at the start of the season. I guess they will make sure that they will stay in front.

AndyRAC
23rd August 2010, 09:18
Problem is that both Ford and Citroen will not deliver any cars to privaters at the start of the season. I guess they will make sure that they will stay in front.

So nothing will change. :(

2011 will be the fourth season of Hirvonen/ Latvala - yet Ford haven't won a Championship with them. In other series, they would change at least one of their drivers, but not in the WRC.

I am evil Homer
23rd August 2010, 09:27
So who is better that's available because Petter seems to like being his own man these days? I cant think of anyone who's forcing a Ford decision and makin it hard for Wilson to justify his line up.

Tomi
23rd August 2010, 09:33
So nothing will change. :(

2011 will be the fourth season of Hirvonen/ Latvala - yet Ford haven't won a Championship with them. In other series, they would change at least one of their drivers, but not in the WRC.

Maybe when Wilson gets fed up like he did with McRae and Sainz things changes for your liking.

Tomi
23rd August 2010, 09:35

From where did you get this? I would not be too sure about it.

Roy
23rd August 2010, 10:55
Ford needs a tarmac driver.

Duval is too old and less experience.
Can Wilson can get Sordo?
What about Andersson?

Other options?

Viking
23rd August 2010, 10:56
From where did you get this? I would not be too sure about it.

Four cars they said early summer (Ford team1 and2/Stobart and Citroen1 and 2/jr).But offcourse things might have changed.

http://www.mibz.com/13385-citroen-and-ford-prepare-four-cars-for-the-2011-wrc-season.html

N.O.T
23rd August 2010, 10:57
Maybe when Wilson gets fed up like he did with McRae and Sainz things changes for your liking.

Its hard to get fed up when they pay you.

Tomi
23rd August 2010, 11:12
Its hard to get fed up when they pay you.

I dont think they do, but if you can show something that proofs they do, i belive you.

Mirek
23rd August 2010, 11:13
Four cars they said early summer (Ford team1 and2/Stobart and Citroen1 and 2/jr).But offcourse things might have changed.

http://www.mibz.com/13385-citroen-and-ford-prepare-four-cars-for-the-2011-wrc-season.html

Wilson said in Finland that they will have 10 Fiestas prepared at the start of season.

Ford needs a tarmac driver.

Duval is too old and less experience.
Can Wilson can get Sordo?
What about Andersson?

Other options?

Meeke

N.O.T
23rd August 2010, 11:23
I dont think they do, but if you can show something that proofs they do, i belive you.

the persistence despite the awful results show otherwise...but if you show some proof that they don't pay then i believe you.

Tomi
23rd August 2010, 11:26
the persistence despite the awful results show otherwise...but if you show some proof that they don't pay then i believe you.

i have no proof and i dont need any, but you maybe understand its much easier to belive in the one, who actually makes the deals, than in someone who has no clue about it.

N.O.T
23rd August 2010, 11:33
indeed its very easy to believe the one who makes the deal...very easy. almost too easy to even question it.

vkangas
23rd August 2010, 19:19
What Ford needs is a better car. Both drivers could easily be in top three in tarmac events with C4. Maybe not every time, but enough to really fight for the championship.

shurik
25th August 2010, 16:23
What Ford needs is a better car. Both drivers could easily be in top three in tarmac events with C4. Maybe not every time, but enough to really fight for the championship.

They can be, though I'm not so sure about Mikko.. Hands down, he's a great driver, but after couple of years of watching him at the top level, I have an impression that he's not a fighter. He delivers when it's all good, but when things go wrong he snaps and gives up the fight. That's not a good skill.
If you compare him during Sweden round and Mexico, it's almost visible how he falls in to depression, or whatever he has

Bobcat
25th August 2010, 18:52
Quinn refused to be drawn on Ford's plans for next season, beyond admitting the team is still looking for an extra driver to come in and strengthen the team. He said: "This is something we're still working on.
"We're looking for opportunities to strengthen our competitive advantage. We're still in discussions with a number of additional drivers and making an assessment of what we can do for next season. Right now they are private discussions which we would prefer not to take any further. But certainly we're looking for ways to improve our competitive strength."
Quinn declined to comment on whether an additional driver would come in as a third member of the works Ford team or if they would run in the Stobart squad. It is known, however, that Ford is interested in Sordo - particularly for the asphalt rallies.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86095

Well, I think (an extra driver):
Sordo[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]
Østberg[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]
Andersson[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]
Hänninen?[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]
Meeke?[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]
Araujo?[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]
???[/*:m:ye8d4qoe]

pettersolberg29
25th August 2010, 19:17
Out of those though, only Meeke or Sordo are world-class and improvements on what they already have. PG is nowhere near the level of Mikko, JML, Petter, Seb L and Seb O, and Sordo. Ostberg isn't good enough, Hanninen is good on gravel but no better than Mikko and JML. Mikkelsen could be a good option in a couple of years as he has pace on tarmac as well as gravel and snow.

Surely the only options though are Petter or Sordo for Ford to catch up with Citroen.

Barreis
25th August 2010, 20:08
Not sure about Meeke.. IRC is second league..

gloomyDAY
25th August 2010, 20:22
If this make u laugh, u must be a idiot :) Usually when M-Sport makes new car than its fastest car around, It was like this in 2003, 2006 and Fiesta s2000 was fastest s2000 car in the beginning of this year,(Skoda seems to be the best one now)You better hope I'm wrong. From the performance displayed by the Citroen's you're coming off as the idiot.

the persistence despite the awful results show otherwise...but if you show some proof that they don't pay then i believe you.You have a point. The Finn's really haven't got the anticipated results. Not even close! Hirvonen was supposed to take Gronholm's place as the #1 driver, but JML keeps beating his ass on pace.

Ford is underachieving. A change to the driver line-up should be considered.

Mirek
25th August 2010, 20:24
Out of those though, only Meeke or Sordo are world-class and improvements on what they already have. PG is nowhere near the level of Mikko, JML, Petter, Seb L and Seb O, and Sordo. Ostberg isn't good enough, Hanninen is good on gravel but no better than Mikko and JML. Mikkelsen could be a good option in a couple of years as he has pace on tarmac as well as gravel and snow.

Surely the only options though are Petter or Sordo for Ford to catch up with Citroen.

AFAIK Hänninen continues with Škoda for 2011.

Barreis
25th August 2010, 20:25
Gronholm is the class for this two guys..

gloomyDAY
25th August 2010, 20:28
Gronholm is the class for this two guys..Yes, but I was hoping that Seb-O could have been added to Ford's roster.

I knew it was unrealistic for the Frenchman to leave Citroen, but I did have my fingers crossed.

Barreis
25th August 2010, 20:45
Nobody leaves winning combination..

Gard
25th August 2010, 20:55
Nobody leaves winning combination..

Tell that too Rossi

Mirek
25th August 2010, 20:57
Rossi makes winning combinations ;)

Francis44
25th August 2010, 22:43
If Ford wants immediate results then the obvious choice would be Sordo, there's
no way a driver out of the WRC will be able to compete against
Loeb and etc in it's first year, be it Meeke or Hänninen, they drive completely different cars.
In my opinion they should get a young driver with some experience on WRC level, like
Tannat or Nikara, ofcourse with those drivers they should be ready to fix alot of damaged cars, but hey that's the way it is.

Barreis
25th August 2010, 23:50
If ford wants immediate results they'll pick up P. Solberg.. The only one who beat S. Loeb and still quick..

Camelopard
26th August 2010, 02:00
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86095

Well, I think (an extra driver):
Sordo[/*:m:1vw9th32]
Østberg[/*:m:1vw9th32]
Andersson[/*:m:1vw9th32]
Hänninen?[/*:m:1vw9th32]
Meeke?[/*:m:1vw9th32]
Araujo?[/*:m:1vw9th32]
???[/*:m:1vw9th32]

I'm biased, but you have forgotten Atko.

pettersolberg29
26th August 2010, 11:20
Atko is the only driver, IMO, who is better than Mikko or JML who Ford would consider. Obviously Petter isn't wanted by them otherwise he'd have been snapped up years ago. Atko is a great driver who is still relatively young, and will allow time for drivers like Mikkelsen, Neuville, Ostberg etc. to mature and improve.

turves
26th August 2010, 12:32
Atko is the only driver, IMO, who is better than Mikko or JML who Ford would consider. Obviously Petter isn't wanted by them otherwise he'd have been snapped up years ago. Atko is a great driver who is still relatively young, and will allow time for drivers like Mikkelsen, Neuville, Ostberg etc. to mature and improve.

Don't forget Petter used to drive for Ford, before jumping ship to Subaru, where eventually he kind of lost his way. I think when that fell through, Mikko and Latvala were better options, certainly for 2009, but Petter has refocussed again and is proving himself.

The problem as I see it, is the Focus is just too sluggish/heavy. The C4 is very nimble, you can see it in the corners. So if I was offered Citroen or Ford, i'd go Citroen. That said, having seen the Fiesta, that seems to be a nimble little machine again, so going forward i'd have to have carful consideration. I consider Latvala very much like McRae, had a load of crashes early on, and is now settling down and keeping the pace. I'm sorry to say (for Mikko) that I think Latvala will overtake him. Certainly Latvala's confidence will be very high now after Finland, and a good run in Germany.

I think Atko would be a good option, but I don't know anything about his deal with proton...

Tomi
26th August 2010, 14:01
Obviously Petter isn't wanted by them otherwise he'd have been snapped up years ago.

Really why is that?

26th August 2010, 14:19
Really why is that?

malcolm wilson has a grudge against Petter Solberg. It is a matter of pride for him and it is highly unlikely he will change.

Barreis
26th August 2010, 14:25
Mr Hollywood was in Subaru when Hirvonen was signed by ford.. Later came Latvala and the money.. So why another pilot while they have "nice" combination..

Tomi
26th August 2010, 15:23
malcolm wilson has a grudge against Petter Solberg. It is a matter of pride for him and it is highly unlikely he will change.

About what?

Bobcat
26th August 2010, 15:39
An extra driver...
The A team:
Sordo[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Østberg[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Andersson[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Atkinson?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Ketomaa?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Märtin?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
??[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]The B Stobart team:
Araujo?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Paddon?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Rantanen?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Tänak?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]

Nikara?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Rossetti?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
??[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]The C Monster team:
Atkinson[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Paddon?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
??[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]The D Munchi's team:
Araujo?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Fuchs?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
Andreucci?[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]
??[/*:m:1ns2s3hm]

Mirek
26th August 2010, 15:47
What is a list of 17 drivers which accidentally came to You mind good for?

I am evil Homer
26th August 2010, 16:28
Not even a well thought out one... Martin? Come on get serious.

N.O.T
26th August 2010, 16:28
About what?

probably refers to the change he made to subaru while he was a customer driver at ford...

N.O.T
26th August 2010, 16:30
An extra driver...
The A team:
Sordo[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Østberg[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Andersson[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Atkinson?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Ketomaa?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Märtin?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
??[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]The B Stobart team:
Araujo?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Paddon?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Rantanen?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Tänak?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]

Nikara?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Rossetti?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
??[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]The C Monster team:
Atkinson[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Paddon?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
??[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]The D Munchi's team:
Araujo?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Fuchs?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
Andreucci?[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]
??[/*:m:hz5ww7ug]

what about kankkunen Sainz Auriol Rautenbach and warmbold ? i think your list isn't realistic without these active and top class drivers

Francis44
26th August 2010, 16:54
Well I would say that most of those drivers in the list with the years of experience that someone like Hirvonnen has would be much faster than him by now.

Viking
26th August 2010, 18:45
probably refers to the change he made to subaru while he was a customer driver at ford...

Petter was never a customer driver he was a 3rd driver/apprentice, 2nd driver when Radstrom broke his leg.

Tomi
26th August 2010, 19:32

Did something special happen, cant remember?

Viking
26th August 2010, 20:50
Did something special happen, cant remember?

You have memory like an HA-member in court, very selective :bandit:

Tomi
26th August 2010, 21:22
You have memory like an HA-member in court, very selective :bandit:

True its selective, less important i forget quicly, but it would be nice to know what then did happen.

turves
26th August 2010, 22:29
True its selective, less important i forget quicly, but it would be nice to know what then did happen.

I think they'd spent a lot of money grooming him to be a Ford driver, then he jumped ship to Subaru. It didn't go down very well...

Camelopard
26th August 2010, 23:52
I think they'd spent a lot of money grooming him to be a Ford driver, then he jumped ship to Subaru. It didn't go down very well...

Petter badgered Ford to give him a drive, when they did Petter showed his thanks by taking up an offer from Subaru.

Camelopard
26th August 2010, 23:57
............. Later came Latvala and the money......

So, I'm curious to know how in your perfect world does anyone get to the top level without money?

N.O.T
27th August 2010, 00:01
So, I'm curious to know how in your perfect world does anyone get to the top level without money?

getting to top level requires money but in the case of latvala staying there requires money also.

Motorsportfun
27th August 2010, 00:57
If I were in Malcolm Wilson, the choice for the 2nd driver would be just between Prokop (has a pool of sponsors) and Sordo (hasn't, tho!).

Camelopard
27th August 2010, 01:03
getting to top level requires money but in the case of latvala staying there requires money also.

So who would you replace Latvala with? After all he has won several rounds of the WRC.

I'd be suprised if you said Petter after all you are well known for saying Petter was a 'has been' and that he was past it.

Gard
27th August 2010, 07:23
Petter badgered Ford to give him a drive, when they did Petter showed his thanks by taking up an offer from Subaru.
BS! They never did give Petter a drive. that's why he left. Just promises, promises and never any contract. It was either Subaru or keep cleaning the workshop floor for an occational drive and more promises.

Camelopard
27th August 2010, 07:43
BS! They never did give Petter a drive. that's why he left. Just promises, promises and never any contract. It was either Subaru or keep cleaning the workshop floor for an occational drive and more promises.

All depends on who you believe, doesn't it? All this has been gone through before.........................

Francis44
27th August 2010, 07:57
I do not believe Ford hasn't offered Petter a drive before,
if they didn't then I can say that probably that was on of the biggest mistakes Ford has made.

Tomi
27th August 2010, 08:09
All depends on who you believe, doesn't it? All this has been gone through before.........................

Agree, there is always 2 sides of a story, even teams dont comment in public, their view can be different.
But in general it's not very clever to leave with a grudge, after all there is not that many teams around.

27th August 2010, 11:20
Yes, that's right. It is very important to stay on wilson's good side because this guy will make or break careers of young drivers depending on his mood; even if you come with a nice greasy check. Example for H Solberg (not young anymore though...), whom wilson never really had good opinion of. Henning has and will always be 2nd grade for wilson. Or even warmbold was the same, always 2nd grade service and even when he started going fast wilson was thinking it's not him who is fast but the others who are slow somehow.

DonJippo
27th August 2010, 11:30
Yes, that's right. It is very important to stay on wilson's good side because this guy will make or break careers of young drivers depending on his mood; even if you come with a nice greasy check. Example for H Solberg (not young anymore though...), whom wilson never really had good opinion of. Henning has and will always be 2nd grade for wilson. Or even warmbold was the same, always 2nd grade service and even when he started going fast wilson was thinking it's not him who is fast but the others who are slow somehow.

LOL if this was the case why do these people bring their money to Wilson year after year?

Tomi
27th August 2010, 11:47

I think its the same for customer driver in every team, you get what you pay for, nothing more or less, it has nothing to do with who the teamboss is.

MJW
27th August 2010, 12:52
[quote= DonJippo
LOL if this was the case why do these people bring their money to Wilson year after year?}

Answer one, I beleive people who were there who told me, and
Answer two -You Finnish guys have a good opinion of Malcolm.....not shared by all of us involved in rallying.
And thats not to say Malcolm is a bad guy, in fact he is very good and fair person, its just his way with young drivers. Malcolm's law...........cross it and he doesn't forget!

Tomi
27th August 2010, 13:04
its just his way with young drivers. Malcolm's law...........cross it and he doesn't forget!

can you explain better, example please.

N.O.T
27th August 2010, 16:05
[quote="MJW"][quote=" DonJippo
LOL if this was the case why do these people bring their money to Wilson year after year?}

Answer one, I beleive people who were there who told me, and
Answer two -You Finnish guys have a good opinion of Malcolm.....not shared by all of us involved in rallying.
And thats not to say Malcolm is a bad guy, in fact he is very good and fair person, its just his way with young drivers. Malcolm's law...........cross it and he doesn't forget![/QUOTE"]

its understandable why finnish people like malcom...after all without him the finnish drivers of today would get the treatment they really deserve. Malcom must be the smartest man alive when it comes to making money out of fodder.

Tomi
27th August 2010, 16:25
its understandable why finnish people like malcom...after all without him the finnish drivers of today would get the treatment they really deserve. Malcom must be the smartest man alive when it comes to making money out of fodder.

I dont remember that any of our drivers before theese current ones, Kankkunen, Grönholm did complain, or had some problems with Wilson.

27th August 2010, 17:07
I dont remember that any of our drivers before theese current ones, Kankkunen, Grönholm did complain, or had some problems with Wilson.

Off course they didn't because they had NO PROBLEM, they were already stars when he hired them. It's nothing more than a status relationship.

If Gronholm is 0.5 second a km behind loeb on a stage and he complains that the car has a problem you can bet your ass wilson will not argue with him.

lets see what happens if a nobody like warmbold says that... answer will be always same : it's you, not the car. Where should he go from there? argument with the boss ? No !

Tomi
27th August 2010, 17:38
lets see what happens if a nobody like warmbold says that... answer will be always same : it's you, not the car. Where should he go from there? argument with the boss ? No !

Have to say that i agree with Wilson in this case, but thats why contracts are made, customer gets what they pay for.

Barreis
27th August 2010, 17:57
In comparation with some new guys that Warmbold wasn't that bad..

MJW
27th August 2010, 20:46
, customer gets what they pay for.
Precisely, these are customers, of M-Sport. Malcolm drives a hard bargain, but is fair, once you shake his hand the deal is done. You know what you are getting for your money. No less and CERTAINLY NO MORE than what was agreed. Some people think there is more owed / to come. That's a new contract.

Tomi
27th August 2010, 20:54
Precisely, these are customers, of M-Sport. Malcolm drives a hard bargain, but is fair, once you shake his hand the deal is done. You know what you are getting for your money. No less and CERTAINLY NO MORE than what was agreed. Some people think there is more owed / to come. That's a new contract.

Offcourse, same like if you go and buy a tv, its unlikely they give you 2, if you pay for 1.
Same thing with testing, some people now and then say "he did not get any testing" its because he did not pay for any testing, Therman uses to drive Focus WRC now and then, he tests to every rally, no problem.

AMSS
28th August 2010, 11:29
Feel like I have to give my opinion as well regarding the Finnish drivers, bear in mind this just my opinion no one elses!
J-M: Way too much of a woman to be a rally driver, a fairly good driver but personality not so good. Doesn`t swear drink or smoke( non of which are good habits) but a little James Hunt im him would do good!
Mikko Hirvonen: First of all he sits too far from the steering wheel and secondly he seems to be a bit too much of a nice guy, never really gets that certain something you need to really attack!
KR: Still has a lot to learn and seemingly a bit of a diva, but maybe that`s just what the media turns him out to be. In his own way an interesting person and maybe in a couple of years a contender for the best Finn if not else.
I probably get lynched in Finland for writing this but at the moment the best drivers seems to be coming from France, as I don`t see anyone really potential from here regarding the future.. Of course i whish I am wrong as well regarding the current Ford drivers as the future candidats from here. Over and out! :)
PS. Please have some sence of humor for this post especially my fellow countrymen.........

Barreis
28th August 2010, 13:28
Finally somebody said all this!!! FVS rules!

julkki
28th August 2010, 15:07
Feel like I have to give my opinion as well regarding the Finnish drivers, bear in mind this just my opinion no one elses!
J-M: Way too much of a woman to be a rally driver, a fairly good driver but personality not so good. Doesn`t swear drink or smoke( non of which are good habits) but a little James Hunt im him would do good!
Mikko Hirvonen: First of all he sits too far from the steering wheel and secondly he seems to be a bit too much of a nice guy, never really gets that certain something you need to really attack!
KR: Still has a lot to learn and seemingly a bit of a diva, but maybe that`s just what the media turns him out to be. In his own way an interesting person and maybe in a couple of years a contender for the best Finn if not else.
I probably get lynched in Finland for writing this but at the moment the best drivers seems to be coming from France, as I don`t see anyone really potential from here regarding the future.. Of course i whish I am wrong as well regarding the current Ford drivers as the future candidats from here. Over and out! :)
PS. Please have some sence of humor for this post especially my fellow countrymen.........

Very true. Gotta miss Mäkinen, Grönholm etc. :P Well, seriously the situation ain't that bad. I really believe that Ketomaa or Hänninen can make to the top. Ketomaa has some serious guts. But he needs still a lot of experience in WRC.

It's difficult to say the current situation of Mikko and J-M. One has to remember that there hasn't been anyone else who has impressed with Focus WRC in recent years. So I'm waiting for the next year before judging anyone..

About lynching..I wouldn't worry about that :D I follow rallying because of the rally itself. The "glory-hunters" are the common people who don't visit this forum..

Woodeye
28th August 2010, 17:27
I don't see any James Hunt in any of the current drivers, no matter what's the nationality. Except for maybe mr. Solberg.

N.O.T
28th August 2010, 17:33
JUikki

edit your quote please i never wrote such rubbish and never will....

Mise
28th August 2010, 18:33
[/quote] About lynching..I wouldn't worry about that :D I follow rallying because of the rally itself. The "glory-hunters" are the common people who don't visit this forum..[/quote]

Amen to that

Zeakiwi
28th August 2010, 21:00

Ari V used to toast victory with a glass of milk. Maybe JML will make an excellent Paris-Dakar driver someday.

I think Hirvonen is 'right there' sometimes but the Focus doesn't totally suit him. He will be probably be sitting closer to the steering wheel in the Fiesta as it is a smaller car.

julkki
28th August 2010, 21:06
JUikki

edit your quote please i never wrote such rubbish and never will....

What do you mean?

Oh, sry just now noticed :p My mistake!

N.O.T
28th August 2010, 21:11
no problem its ok...to be honest when i read the quote i thought i had a split personality(my 3rd one since i already have 2)since i had no recollection of me posting something like that...but given the fact i am outragously funny and inteligent (among other things) i went back on the previous posts of the thread to make sure :) :) :)