PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the WORLD CHAMPION-top 5 drivers are separated by just 20 points

f1indiablog
21st August 2010, 10:02
Top 5 drivers are separated by just 20 points and by 8 points if we take old point system.

As the Summer break comes to End.. Who will be the 2010 Champion??
Fernando Alonso,Jenson Button,Lewis Hamilton,Mark Webber,Sebastian Vettel
or any other driver...

I think one of the most interesting F1 season I've ever seen.
My pick is Mark Webber..He has the best car n experience to win the championship..wats yours?

Saint Devote
21st August 2010, 11:40
At the start of the season I reckoned it would be El Nano Alonso - but I think it can happen only of Vettel continues to have the sort of issues he is.

So now I think Sebastian Vettel will - he is the quickest driver in f1 and this break will allow him to gather his thoughts, calm down and do the business.

But I definitely think its going to be a Fernando-Sebastian battle to the title.

N4D13
21st August 2010, 13:45
I'm going to pick Webber - I believe the Red Bulls will keep their advantage, and whereas Vettel might be better than Webbo when it comes to outright speed, the Australian has proven than he knows how to keep his mind cool, whereas Vettel seems to be the opposite.

I truly hope Alonso could win it, and I'm optimistic, but my guess is that the Red Bulls will be faster during the remainder of the season.

F1boat
22nd August 2010, 09:36
Mark deserves it and hope that it'd be him. But if FIA does not punish Ferrari for pursuing its interests, I think that Alonso will win it.

f1indiablog
22nd August 2010, 09:53
I heard Mercedes is coming back with some improvement in their car.. what are those improvements?

Z926A12
22nd August 2010, 15:16
I think Spa and Monza will settle it. If Alonso wins them both it would be hard to bet against him. If he and Ferrari fail to beat Red Bull on these fast tracks then their chances are over.

Other than that it must be between the Red Bulls. Although Vettel has been faster of late I'd much rather see Webber win it; as would most no doubt.

If I had to put money on it would have to be Vettel, after all its a team sport.

Saint Devote
22nd August 2010, 16:41
I think Spa and Monza will settle it. If Alonso wins them both it would be hard to bet against him. If he and Ferrari fail to beat Red Bull on these fast tracks then their chances are over.

Other than that it must be between the Red Bulls. Although Vettel has been faster of late I'd much rather see Webber win it; as would most no doubt.

If I had to put money on it would have to be Vettel, after all its a team sport.

Webber is a sentimental favorite but he has also had a golden summer while Vettel has had the summer from hell.

Both drivers are aware of the policy that RBR will now follow, but Vettel is aware just how supportive the Red Bull managment are of him personally while Webber understands that he is not.

Mclaren are on the defensive because they have fallen behind not only further RBR but also Ferrari. Ferrari has only one driver in line for the championship while the other is disgruntled and ALL are concerned about the RB6.

While Mclaren and Ferrari may have improved over this break - what if Red Bull have improved too? At both Spa and Monza there is no place to hide.

Saint Devote
22nd August 2010, 16:52
I heard Mercedes is coming back with some improvement in their car.. what are those improvements?

The car is the most unstable at the rear and increasing the stability there requires less downforce at the front - this increases understeer and especially for Schumacher this is just a terrible car.

Watching the Mercedes drives through corners it is starkly evident how unstable and the drivers can be seen fighting the vehicle.

Schumi has come in for criticism because he has been trying different set-ups to dial the instability out - while Rosberg has simple been trying to get quick times as possible. It is a different approach but is the raison d'etre for Schumi to be in the team. He tries to find a solution while Rosberg tries to get around the problem.

Unfortunately there is no testing allowed and the short practice days are just that. Michael has the correct approach but it does work against him in qualifying and the race.

But it does not work against him for 2011.

We are witnessing the quintessential Schumacher at his brilliant analytical best - those, and there are so many - who criticize this man just do not understand how he works and worse, do not care to discover.

They just point their grubby fingers at him and hoot like half-brained owls that he ought to be replaced with: Heidfeld :rotflmao:

Ignorance is a terrible thing but deliberate ignorance - is a sin.

ioan
22nd August 2010, 23:03
Anyone but Alonso will be worth it this season.

gloomyDAY
23rd August 2010, 23:54
Alonso will win the WDC. Without a shadow of a doubt.

I'm a Vettel fan, but he can't convert poles into wins. I also like Webber and I think he'll be Alonso's main competitor. Alonso is just too strong for the rest of the grid.

At least Red Bull have a good chance at winning the WCC.

f1indiablog
24th August 2010, 06:49

Don't miss McLaren, they will be fastest on straights http://bit.ly/c0G8Zi.
If Lewis Hamilton can grab few oints from Red Bull,then we can see him as WDC

ShiftingGears
29th August 2010, 14:53
Interestingly, now the leading drivers of the top 6 constructors have a gap of more than 25 points over their teammates. I wonder how this will affect the prioritisation of drivers within RBR and McLaren.

ioan
29th August 2010, 15:07
Interestingly, now the leading drivers of the top 6 constructors have a gap of more than 25 points over their teammates. I wonder how this will affect the prioritisation of drivers within RBR and McLaren.

25 points is only one race win nowadays, combine it with a DNF and the roles are reversed.

Ent
29th August 2010, 15:12
25 points is only one race win nowadays, combine it with a DNF and the roles are reversed.

Umm... as theugsquirrel said, it's more than 25 points, so a race win and a DNF won't reverse the roles at all. You'd have to think McLaren and RBR would have to back Hamilton and Webber now, unless either driver has a disaster in the next race or two.

ioan
29th August 2010, 15:16
Umm... as theugsquirrel said, it's more than 25 points, so a race win and a DNF won't reverse the roles at all. You'd have to think McLaren and RBR would have to back Hamilton and Webber now, unless either driver has a disaster in the next race or two.

OK it's more than 25 points but there are quite a few races still left.
I can only laugh when I see how people wish that team impose team orders in order to favor their favorite drivers, most probably people who are otherwise condemning team orders.

Teams should support both drivers until one of them is mathematically out of the title race.

Garry Walker
29th August 2010, 15:20
So now I think Sebastian Vettel will - he is the quickest driver in f1 and this break will allow him to gather his thoughts, calm down and do the business.

Precise as always :D

This season there has been one driver who has clearly stood out race from race, making very few errors and being very quick all the time. Hamilton. I am not a fan, but he deserves the title clearly.

But all the top 5 still have chances.

steveaki13
29th August 2010, 15:28
I personally think if after Monza and Singapore the gap is still over one win then teams will go with the head driver.

I think for the next couple it will be left to the drivers.

Triumph
29th August 2010, 15:36
Lewis Hamilton, hopefully. I think Jenson is a bit too far behind now.

rohanweb
29th August 2010, 20:59
Lewis Hamilton deserves the championship.. -> i am a fan of LH, however I spare a thought for Mark webber..he is been trying very very hard for the last few years and i dont mind he wins it.. Lewis has good few more years left in the tank to win many WDC's

Big Ben
30th August 2010, 16:49
OK it's more than 25 points but there are quite a few races still left.
I can only laugh when I see how people wish that team impose team orders in order to favor their favorite drivers, most probably people who are otherwise condemning team orders.

Teams should support both drivers until one of them is mathematically out of the title race.

:laugh: you are doing a saint devoite now? :laugh: .. Oh the irony, Ioan now speaks up against team orders... well it figures since your favorites are the slower ones in their teams.

ioan
30th August 2010, 18:10
:laugh: you are doing a saint devoite now? :laugh: .. Oh the irony, Ioan now speaks up against team orders... well it figures since your favorites are the slower ones in their teams.

Your laugh is fake mate since the moment when Alonso planted the car into the guard rail, on a wet setup! :D
And just wait for the FIA to take away his points for the team orders history! I'll be laughing my arse off! :D

Mia 01
30th August 2010, 19:41
Hiring Santander was a mistake from Luca, but ofcourse I can still be wrong for this year.

UltimateDanGTR
30th August 2010, 22:13
Is he Ferrari's third driver? I've not seen him, is he any good? :D

[obvious joke warning]

better than badoer.

SGWilko
31st August 2010, 09:13
[obvious joke warning]

better than badoer.

[Caution, humour deployment in progress]

Lenny - from Of Mice & Men - was most likely better than Badoer in a Ferrari!

jens
1st September 2010, 17:30
So Hamilton and Webber have pulled a bit clear. Kinda odd title battle. Superior driver vs superior car. Only the end of the season can clarify, which one of them turns out to be more important. :p :

To be honest, in the RBR intra-team battle I have been kinda expecting all season to see Webber tumbling and Vettel finally emerging in front, but now I have to concede the opposite is happening. Against all pre-season odds, Webber keeps staying at the front, while it is becoming more evident that Vettel is too green and clumsy and by now seems psychologically destroyed too. What a pity.

Button has been somewhere close behind Hamilton all season, but it was obvious his only hope was avoiding misfortunes and banking on others. Considering he happened to hit trouble last time around and adding to that significant underperformance in Hungary ending in P8, he seems pretty much out of the picture now. Ferrari mysteriously found fantastic form for the German Grand Prix, but it looks like inconsistency might become fateful to them as well.

As everyone likes to talk about personal preferences ( :D ), then my order is probably something like that: 1. Vettel, 2. Webber, 3.-4. Hamilton/Button, 5. Alonso.

Retro Formula 1
13th September 2010, 13:45
2 races down from the break and still no leader. less than a race win separate 1 to 5 and as we have seen, the big boys are making mistakes.

Alonso on Button last time. Hamilton taking himself out this time and the Red Bulls not turning up to the party in what was still a very quick car.

Alonso has a big advantage with the #1 / #2 strategy at Ferrari whereas Webber and Hamilton will be fighting everyone out there. Problem is, Alonso needs another problem with the top 2 or get a lot of 1 - 2's in the last 5 races to close the gap.

RBR are claiming they haven't changed the nose and they might be right. It probably wasn't the nose flexing but where it attaches that distorts so will they be head and shoulders above everyone else as feared. I don't think so.

McLaren should just keep their cool and drive the wheels off the car and there's a great chance both titles come home to Woking.

Mia 01
13th September 2010, 16:01
RBR needs a 1 - 2 in Singapore but itīs not likely happen.

I fear that alonso somehow will sneak up there and grab another one. Alonsos engine situation on the other hand.

Retro Formula 1
13th September 2010, 17:40
RBR needs a 1 - 2 in Singapore but itīs not likely happen.

I fear that alonso somehow will sneak up there and grab another one. Alonsos engine situation on the other hand.

Good point. I had forgotten that Ferrari are on the maximum. Of course, it will be that they have the other engines to fall back on as they are not all buggered but have all done at least one race each where the others still have breathing room.

F1boat
13th September 2010, 21:09
The championship is so close and amazing... a delight to the fans!

jens
14th September 2010, 11:05
What an incredibly topsy-turvy season we are having. Just when it looked like Hamilton is mature and consistent, he suddenly reminded his early years of inexperience... Misjudgement in tight championship situation at the decisive phase of the season. Oh well... Especially when racing against someone, who has nothing to lose and isn't even your direct rival (Massa).

On the other hand Webber finally managed to race professionally in traffic, staying calm and putting in clean moves. It was obvious this man was clearly racing with WDC in mind. His starts are woeful though, probably he is actually too cautious on the opening lap. From that point of view reminds a bit of Button from the end of 2009.

I have to admit that Alonso's chances have improved greatly. Yes, he has been making mistakes, but when it comes to championship pressure in the final few races, he is the most proven driver among others. I think we can bet on Button putting in consistent and safe results as well - critical question is whether he is capable of being consistently fast.