PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Merchandise - Silverstone

JBAFCB
19th August 2010, 16:14
Does anyone know if the official merchandise will be on sale at Silverstone this weekend? I'm after some of the Aon stuff made by Dread. I'm sure it will be but wanted to check! Cheers

Patrick
19th August 2010, 17:16
Well they've said over the phone to me that they're out of stock of a lot of Aon merchandise atm, but they can't be bothered to put that on their site or e-mail me when I'd ordered an item not in stock. They are a useless company and I'd not buy anything from them.

trebor901
19th August 2010, 18:01
The AON stuff is probably the worse made of any Dread stuff its crap. I will be buying myself a race replica Honda Racing BTCC shirt from the Honda stand though, much better :)

Eurotech
19th August 2010, 19:01
Dread clearly aren't making too many friends at the moment then...

Alfa Fan
19th August 2010, 19:25
Dread are pretty terrible. Prices way too high :(

AndySpeed
19th August 2010, 20:57
Personally I don't understand merchandise much, in not only the BTCC but most sports.

What's the point of wearing a shirt full of sponsors? The Team Aon stuff has virtually no design, just logos!

Unless it's actually got a pattern or a style of some sort, I really don't get it.

JBAFCB
20th August 2010, 10:03
Dread are pretty terrible. Prices way too high :(

My wife would be well happy if she read this forum! I personally from pics on Dread site like the look of AON jacket and at £45 I thought was okish value but was waiting to see it in person before buying

Going on all your feedback I think I'll be saving some money!!

Cheers

MrMetro
20th August 2010, 10:08
Personally I don't understand merchandise much, in not only the BTCC but most sports.

What's the point of wearing a shirt full of sponsors? The Team Aon stuff has virtually no design, just logos!

Unless it's actually got a pattern or a style of some sort, I really don't get it.

Well, many people like wearing merchandise to show there support for a team or driver they like. Or some think merchandise like that(shirts full of sponsers) is cool. People like me. For instance I have a Bridgestone Podium cap coming through the post anythime some.

Dave B
20th August 2010, 10:27
If sponsors want me to wear their branding, they can pay me :p

MrMetro
20th August 2010, 11:44
If sponsors want me to wear their branding, they can pay me :p

good point

trebor901
20th August 2010, 15:22
my AON fleece from Dread has threads all over it coming out and it just looks a mess its annoying because i payed full price for it at start of the season. Also ive noticed with the fleeces that even if washed at the temperature and the way it says they have to be they still shrink

RMLCruzeing82
20th August 2010, 22:37
i bought a Silverline Chevy shirt from dreads website and i paid £35 which i think was pretty good and i had it with in days. then i bought the team jacket and had that with in a couple of days as well. ive had no problem with dread personally

Captain VXR
21st August 2010, 00:05
Dread seem hella expensive, I'd never pay their price for an Aon jacket - a t shirt is just about the only thing I'd get from them

trebor901
21st August 2010, 21:31
well was at Silverstone today and Dread were only accepting cash on most items which is utter bs, also Honda's stand wasnt even open today and their race replica shirts arent really replica's of the ones the pit guys wear because they have the red stripe missing down the side of it so probably wont be spending £48 on one

Eurotech
22nd August 2010, 12:51
Its a shame that VXRacing aren't around anymore because their jackets, caps, shirts etc. were the same as the ones the team wore.

MrMetro
23rd August 2010, 20:09
For instance I have a Bridgestone Podium cap coming through the post anythime some.

I'm wearing it right now, I almost got a Michelin podium cap as well, but I was outbid with a couple of seconds to go

reidy_fan
23rd August 2010, 20:52
some gear is okay, the deal that John George did a couple of years ago was great, fleece, team shirt and cap for £25 iirc, fleece has been worn and washed a good few times and still looks good

have to laugh though I am still wearing the same Ford racing cap that i got on a ford test day 10 years ago, the thing is faded useless, has been wet loads of times but is till intact. standard marshalling cap

Northern Monkey
24th August 2010, 18:52
Dave Pinkney has started selling stuff at the last two rounds while I believe sunshine.co.uk stuff is still available from the team.

The new bits from Unlap are also good and the BTCC bits are different to the 'serious' team wear you'd get from the likes of Dread.

RMLCruzeing82
24th August 2010, 23:15
Dave Pinkney has started selling stuff at the last two rounds while I believe sunshine.co.uk stuff is still available from the team.

The new bits from Unlap are also good and the BTCC bits are different to the 'serious' team wear you'd get from the likes of Dread.

any idea were to get hold of Pinkney's merchandise?

as my girlfriend is a big fan of his (becuase his name is Pinkney and her fave colour is pink) and was bugging me when we went to oulton looking for some team merch.

Northern Monkey
24th August 2010, 23:23
At the moment, the Pinkney stuff is at the track but should be going online too I think.

Eurotech
25th August 2010, 10:39
I'd say check Dave's website cos he'll probably have a link somewhere in the near future....

RMLCruzeing82
25th August 2010, 22:34
At the moment, the Pinkney stuff is at the track but should be going online too I think.

o i hope i hope they go online, as im not going to any more meets this year sadly

ive just this second Emailed the team

RMLCruzeing82
25th August 2010, 22:38
god that was quick.

they just said to look out on the team site for a link soon. so im guessing your right. o the girlfriends going to be happy :D