PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

veeten
18th August 2010, 21:04
So, how many of us have 'sunk their teeth' :vampire: into this series?...

Definately better than 'Twilight', and a good side-by-side with 'Only Human'.

Eki
18th August 2010, 21:17
I haven't watched an episode, but when I saw the name "True Blood" on a TV guide, I thought it was a Rambo movie. It wasn't.

tannat
18th August 2010, 21:23

Have no personal interest in it, but watch it when spouse has it on.

That brunette in the limo the other night was quite a fetch, I'd say.. :up:

Dave B
19th August 2010, 07:17
Better then Twilight? That's damning with faint praise.

DexDexter
19th August 2010, 07:33

I watch it and it's pretty good. It's definitely of the better American TV-series, although no match for The Wire which IMO is the best TV-series of all time.

MrJan
19th August 2010, 08:23
I watched the first series and half the second series but soon lost interest for whatever reason. I think that it's good though, certainly better than a lot of vampire things out there at the minute......and Anna Paquin is cute too :cheese:

Mark in Oshawa
19th August 2010, 19:38
Better then Twilight? That's damning with faint praise.

Vampire movies are just an excuse for Teenage girls to ooh and aah over someone who isn't Justin Bieber.....

Drew
19th August 2010, 20:42
I haven't seen any of it.

What does confuse me are the Volvo XC60 adverts, who are they marketing it to? Most teenagers can't afford a brand new XC60 and any that could would buy something else.

A.F.F.
19th August 2010, 23:04
I like it. And I like the bare boobs in it :)

DexDexter
20th August 2010, 07:56

What does confuse me are the Volvo XC60 adverts, who are they marketing it to? Most teenagers can't afford a brand new XC60 and any that could would buy something else.

The series is definitely not for teenagers. Where did you get that from? It's a quality HBO series which is really not about vampires even if it looks like it on the surface.

Captain VXR
20th August 2010, 23:47

It's like adverts for Special K diet bars during American Chopper, or the stupid adverts for Drop Dead Diva when I'm watching various Star Trek episodes - I don't think the people who watch Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer could care less about a 'comedy' centred on a fat lawyer

Jag_Warrior
21st August 2010, 00:37
The Wire which IMO is the best TV-series of all time.

I agree with that. :up: Although Breaking Bad is right up there too. I'm currently rewatching The Wire on DirecTV's T101 network from the beginning. It's one of the few shows that's just as good the second time around.

MrJan
21st August 2010, 12:52
I finally got around to watching to final episodes of Season 3 of Breaking Bad.......WOW!!!!!! That series never fails to surprise :up:

Jag_Warrior
21st August 2010, 21:58
I finally got around to watching to final episodes of Season 3 of Breaking Bad.......WOW!!!!!! That series never fails to surprise :up:

Mad Men soaks up all the glory on AMC. And even though I watch it every Sunday, I am beginning to feel that it's a show that is now relying almost totally on style over substance. It's become a nostalgic soap opera about nothing. But IMO, Breaking Bad is the AMC show which is probably the best series that I've seen in many years. I really liked The Wire, but it was so "real" that I found it sort of depressing to watch much of the time. The season that dealt with the kids was often hard to watch, but it was great writing. Apart from the final season (that focused on the press), it was a great show with great writing. But Breaking Bad just takes it to another level. Even the characters' names, Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, suggest that they are in over their heads when it comes to the streets. I can't wait for the next season of Breaking Bad! I'll be really sorry when it ends.

F1boat
22nd August 2010, 09:35
I prefer "Twilight" and "Vampire Diaries", honestly. The atmosphere in this vampire universe IMO is unpleasant...

DexDexter
23rd August 2010, 13:36
Mad Men soaks up all the glory on AMC. And even though I watch it every Sunday, I am beginning to feel that it's a show that is now relying almost totally on style over substance. It's become a nostalgic soap opera about nothing. But IMO, Breaking Bad is the AMC show which is probably the best series that I've seen in many years. I really liked The Wire, but it was so "real" that I found it sort of depressing to watch much of the time. The season that dealt with the kids was often hard to watch, but it was great writing. Apart from the final season (that focused on the press), it was a great show with great writing. But Breaking Bad just takes it to another level. Even the characters' names, Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, suggest that they are in over their heads when it comes to the streets. I can't wait for the next season of Breaking Bad! I'll be really sorry when it ends.

I need to check out that "Breaking Bad", these days there are so many Tv-channels that it is really easy to miss the good stuff.