PDA

View Full Version : Windsor: I'd try again with the right people

CNR
17th August 2010, 00:30
http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/01732

Peter Windsor, one half of the founding members behind the failed USF1 outfit, says he's come out the other side of the saga a better man, a man who'd try again if he found the correct group of people.

Windsor though, says he was oblivious to the fact it wasn't ever going to succeed, despite the fans and the media questioning the entry.

i do like his rose colored glasses
http://www.thef1times.com/news/cache/images/windsor.jpg

airshifter
17th August 2010, 00:36
As much as it would be easy to be critical for their failure, having not sucessfully started an F1 team myself, I'll leave the bashing to those that have done such things. I would imagine it's not an easy task.

Saint Devote
17th August 2010, 01:01
I just wish he would return to Speed in the meantime.

Windsor IS part of f1 and was for a long time - he is extremely astute and insightful and was a tremendous asset to the broadcast team both in the pre-race show and during the race.

The Speed f1 broadcast is significantly the poorer and his replacement is just dreadful. The Speed pre-race show used to be compelling viewing - it is now one to miss.

Such a pity.

Ari
17th August 2010, 01:18
Peter who?

So 2009! :p

Saint Devote
17th August 2010, 02:01
Peter who?

So 2009! :p

:D Sigh .... it was a VERY good year!

stephenw_us
17th August 2010, 06:53
As much as it would be easy to be critical for their failure, having not sucessfully started an F1 team myself, I'll leave the bashing to those that have done such things. I would imagine it's not an easy task.

you can still read how full of it he was here:

http://www.usgpe.com/blog.html

No need to bash when you can simply read what he had to say...anyone paying attention knows he was borderline making stuff up he entire time...

Dave B
17th August 2010, 08:01
You don't have to be one of the handful of people who have ever started an F1 team to realise just how full of hot-air Windsor was (and apparently still is).

By your own self-imposed rule I assume you'll never again criticise a driver, seeing as how you yourself don't hold a superlicence? :p

He may have got himself a completely clueless and inept partner in Anderson but that's no excuse for his abject failure to manage the project in a resoponsible way, and for his refusal to admit even to himself that their were gaping holes in his plan.

Windsor may well have learned lessons from his experience, but I hope it's a very long time indeed before he dabbles in F1 again.

Mia 01
17th August 2010, 08:28
I which JV good luck with his plans.

steveaki13
17th August 2010, 17:48
Please no....

V12
17th August 2010, 23:50
Good luck to him. The more people that try the better. If they do fail spectacularly then we haven't lost anything*

And this:

*if the FIA ditch their franchise system and just open it up and let those who can, do, so nobody is squeezed out by any chancers.

jonny hurlock
17th August 2010, 23:55
has peter windsor got a mute button on him, all I hear is mow mow mow mow mow mow. lol btw peter windsor shouldn't even think about it

Saint Devote
18th August 2010, 00:54
If you dont dream then you cannot achieve - and if Windsor persists and can arrange something then why not?

Just because a person fails once does not mean giving up.

gloomyDAY
18th August 2010, 01:36
If you dont dream then you cannot achieve - and if Windsor persists and can arrange something then why not?

Just because a person fails once does not mean giving up.I agree with STD. Three hoorays for failure!
We should throw a 'You failed, liar' party for Windsor and give him a hug.

Also, in honor of STD, I'll leave just lay down a random cliche.
Put a cork in it? Yeah, that works. :)

airshifter
18th August 2010, 02:23
You don't have to be one of the handful of people who have ever started an F1 team to realise just how full of hot-air Windsor was (and apparently still is).

Really? Can you think of anything you do in regular life that compares to an international sport that consists of so few teams, and requires so much sponsorship money that your only hope at all is to convince people that once they hand over the money you can do it?

The difference between sucess and failure in any business is often a very small margin of error, especially during the initial start up periods. During my years as a small business owner I watched hundreds fail in the same field, and I'm sure what I did pales in comparison to the efforts of being 1 of 13 teams in the world to put a duo of cars on a modern Formula 1 grid.

By your own self-imposed rule I assume you'll never again criticise a driver, seeing as how you yourself don't hold a superlicence? :p

Though I've done some amateur level racing, I've always been one well aware that the worst driver on an F1 grid is likely vastly more talented than myself, the vast majority of amateur racers, and the vast majority of professional racers.

stephenw_us
18th August 2010, 03:19
Really? Can you think of anything you do in regular life that compares to an international sport that consists of so few teams, and requires so much sponsorship money that your only hope at all is to convince people that once they hand over the money you can do it?

The difference between sucess and failure in any business is often a very small margin of error, especially during the initial start up periods. During my years as a small business owner I watched hundreds fail in the same field, and I'm sure what I did pales in comparison to the efforts of being 1 of 13 teams in the world to put a duo of cars on a modern Formula 1 grid.

Though I've done some amateur level racing, I've always been one well aware that the worst driver on an F1 grid is likely vastly more talented than myself, the vast majority of amateur racers, and the vast majority of professional racers.

If you can't see a carpetbagger even when's he's been revealed then God help you son...

Dave B
18th August 2010, 09:27
Good luck to him. The more people that try the better. If they do fail spectacularly then we haven't lost anything
Unless you're a supplier owed money, a driver who thought he had a seat for 2010 so stopped talking to other teams, or one of the people who quite their jobs and put their faith in USF1 - some of them relocating their families in the process.

Azumanga Davo
19th August 2010, 06:07
God, he is a fool, isn't he? He'd be better off selling snowmobiles in Hell.

Easy Drifter
19th August 2010, 06:45
I doubt very much that the 'right prople' would want to have anything to do with one Peter Windsor.

Saint Devote
19th August 2010, 11:42
I doubt very much that the 'right prople' would want to have anything to do with one Peter Windsor.

If he arrived with the required amount of sponsors cash he would automatically be loved.

But anyway, people in f1 do not turn their backs on one of their number - Briatore is welcome and both Alonso and Webber NEVER severed their ties with him. He remains a good friend of both ande Briatore is still Webber's manager.

It is the imagined twisted "morality" of fans that is so quaint.

Dave B
20th August 2010, 10:44
GP Week have wasted some space on Windsor's self-pitying ramblings. It's hard going, reading someone who blames everybody but themselves, and I gave up when I got to this gem which proves that nothing eminating from his mouth should be taken seriously:

Why did no-one sign Danica Patrick a few years back? It's beyond me. She's probably the best female single-seater driver in the history of the sport, she's attractive, she works hard - and yet no-one in F1 seemed to take her seriously.

Oh dear.

For the full article, if you can bear it, http://mag.gpweek.com/

BDunnell
20th August 2010, 21:23
As much as it would be easy to be critical for their failure, having not sucessfully started an F1 team myself, I'll leave the bashing to those that have done such things.

I presume that, never having been a politician, you have never yourself criticised the actions of a politician?

stephenw_us
20th August 2010, 22:07
GP Week have wasted some space on Windsor's self-pitying ramblings. It's hard going, reading someone who blames everybody but themselves, and I gave up when I got to this gem which proves that nothing eminating from his mouth should be taken seriously:

Oh dear.

He wrote this on the 1st of Janurary:

And the first chassis – top, bottom and nose – sits upon the Bay Cast flat plate in the R&D shop; it looks gorgeous. Soon we will be fitting all the electrical components, spring/damper units and suspension arms; the front and rear wing main planes are nearly finished and over in California Kenny Hill and Gordon Kimble are not too far away from completing the first batches of axles, hubs and bearing clusters. The car grows, in other words, with every passing day. It draws you like a magnet, away from your desk, just for a few moments, again to see its line. Then you quickly walk over to the boys in the composite department, where they're laying-up another mold, or to the machine shop, where the guys are programming another front upright. Then the phone rings and you're back in your office, talking on speakerphone, watching out the window as yet another group of visitors pulls up and walks towards Reception. Some are fans, flying in on spec from places like Florida or Wisconsin; most are suppliers or contacts, keen to help and only too happy to play a role.

That pretty much says it all doesn't it? Let's call it like it is - the man is a liar.

mstillhere
24th August 2010, 03:53
I just wish he would return to Speed in the meantime.

Windsor IS part of f1 and was for a long time - he is extremely astute and insightful and was a tremendous asset to the broadcast team both in the pre-race show and during the race.

The Speed f1 broadcast is significantly the poorer and his replacement is just dreadful. The Speed pre-race show used to be compelling viewing - it is now one to miss.

Such a pity.

Sorry but the lying was wht really killed his career. He has lost any credibility.

Garry Walker
24th August 2010, 20:19

Oh dear.

Christ, the guy is dumber than I thought..Well, not really, I think he has achieved the maximum "dumbness" humanly possible.

I would love to see windsor try again, only because seeing complete nutcases like him fail has always amused me.

mstillhere
25th August 2010, 01:58
Christ, the guy is dumber than I thought..Well, not really, I think he has achieved the maximum "dumbness" humanly possible.

I would love to see windsor try again, only because seeing complete nutcases like him fail has always amused me.

Now you are being cruel :) :) :)

call_me_andrew
25th August 2010, 02:50
I'm not sure I'm ready to call him a liar. Until it is determined that he has a strong enough understanding of cars that he knew a mockup from a rolling chassis, then I am only comforatable in calling him stupid.

Dave B
25th August 2010, 09:45
I'm not sure I'm ready to call him a liar. Until it is determined that he has a strong enough understanding of cars that he knew a mockup from a rolling chassis, then I am only comforatable in calling him stupid.
It's not like Windsor's new to F1, underneath all the bluster and bull he's actually quite experienced. So I expect he knew exactly what was in the factory yet chose to relay different information to the outside world.

mstillhere
28th August 2010, 23:09

And how would yuou call this: "And the first chassis – top, bottom and nose – sits upon the Bay Cast flat plate in the R&D shop; it looks gorgeous. Soon we will be fitting all the electrical components, spring/damper units and suspension arms; the front and rear wing main planes are nearly finished and over in California Kenny Hill and Gordon Kimble are not too far away from completing the first batches of axles, hubs and bearing clusters. The car grows, in other words, with every passing day. It draws you like a magnet, away from your desk, just for a few moments, again to see its line. Then you quickly walk over to the boys in the composite department, where they're laying-up another mold, or to the machine shop, where the guys are programming another front upright. Then the phone rings and you're back in your office, talking on speakerphone, watching out the window as yet another group of visitors pulls up and walks towards Reception. Some are fans, flying in on spec from places like Florida or Wisconsin; most are suppliers or contacts, keen to help and only too happy to play a role."
creative writing?? :) :) :)
PS And that's just one of many other "creative" writings. And they are also available in video, as you may know

mstillhere
28th August 2010, 23:12
It's not like Windsor's new to F1, underneath all the bluster and bull he's actually quite experienced. So I expect he knew exactly what was in the factory yet chose to relay different information to the outside world.

Totally second that

CNR
29th August 2010, 02:32
And how would yuou call this: "And the first chassis – top, bottom and nose – sits upon the Bay Cast flat plate in the R&D shop; it looks gorgeous. Soon we will be fitting all the electrical components, spring/damper units and suspension arms; the front and rear wing main planes are nearly finished and over in California Kenny Hill and Gordon Kimble are not too far away from completing the first batches of axles, hubs and bearing clusters. The car grows, in other words, with every passing day. It draws you like a magnet, away from your desk, just for a few moments, again to see its line. Then you quickly walk over to the boys in the composite department, where they're laying-up another mold, or to the machine shop, where the guys are programming another front upright. Then the phone rings and you're back in your office, talking on speakerphone, watching out the window as yet another group of visitors pulls up and walks towards Reception. Some are fans, flying in on spec from places like Florida or Wisconsin; most are suppliers or contacts, keen to help and only too happy to play a role."
PS And that's just one of many other "creative" writings. And they are also available in video, as you may know

is this an episode of the twilight zone? :)

call_me_andrew
29th August 2010, 02:41

I call that "talking out one's ass." It happens more often than you think.

It is entirely possible that he doesn't know an endplate from a keel.

CNR
29th August 2010, 02:48
http://www.usgpe.com/blog.html

I say without hesitation, I’ve never looked back. I’ve been wondering for a while how I can express in words the feeling of watching an F1 team growing around you, of wonderfully talented people beginning to mix and to produce gorgeous mechanical parts with increasing frequency.

Unlike many of the other F1 teams, we have not been burdened from the start by having to build a wind tunnel, or a large CFD department, or a shock absorber department complete with its own testing rigs, or a space- and dollar-consuming seven-post shaker rig or even a lot of free space for trucks and motorhomes. We decided to base our F1 team in Charlotte because it is the epicenter of racing in the United States. This coupled with the fact that most of the technology currently in F1 is a product of the American aerospace industry makes Charlotte the perfect choice. Around the corner we have Crawford Composites, where they produce excellent work under the ever-detailed management of Mr. and Mrs. Max Crawford. Gunther Steiner, the very talented and under-rated former Technical Director of the Jaguar F1 and the Red Bull NASCAR teams, has a similar, five-star composite facility a few miles up the I-77.

Burnie's reaction when asked if USF1 could run in 2011 instead
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30700495&fbid=1283763813258&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=223461686185&id=1204988677

wedge
29th August 2010, 13:18
Nice to know Windsor is retarded and digging himself an even bigger hole

Jake Stephens
29th August 2010, 22:00
Nice to know Windsor is retarded and digging himself an even bigger hole

There's no need for the 'retarded' comment is there?

wedge
30th August 2010, 00:09
There's no need for the 'retarded' comment is there?

Who's more retarded? Me, an internet nobody or a so called highly respected personnel within the F1 paddock who foolishly worked with a retard in US racing.