PDA

View Full Version : New challenge for '07.

Nick Brad
8th March 2007, 14:04
Following various negotiations over the off season I'm happy to announce that I will be moving up from the pickups to spot in the SCSA Trophy series in 2007 and beyond.

Even better news is that I will be joining new firm forum favorite, Rob Compton and hopefully guiding him safely round to the Rookie Title in '07. We have a car capable of winning races, (although that's not our aim this year,) and I'm confident that we can help to put on an amazing show for the spectators.

cgs
8th March 2007, 14:16
woo. have fun up there nick :D . Rob is in safe hands

Nick Brad
8th March 2007, 14:33
I'm planning to have fun, I'm always looking to push myself with new challenges and the cars cetainly will give me that challenge.
I enjoyed my time with the pickups and made a lot of friends, but there were also lows and I felt it was time to move on. Saying that, I haven't ruled out working with the pickups in the future and may even consider at some point spotting for both series as others have done successfully in the past. My loyalty and main focus now lies with Rob though and I can't wait until the beginning of April and rookie training.

JovialJooles
8th March 2007, 16:01
Cool!

Good luck for the coming season.

Julian

Jamie Brown
8th March 2007, 17:17
nice good luck!

Henry Cutts
8th March 2007, 18:12
Following various negotiations over the off season I'm happy to announce that I will be moving up from the pickups to spot in the SCSA Trophy series in 2007 and beyond.

Even better news is that I will be joining new firm forum favorite, Rob Compton and hopefully guiding him safely round to the Rookie Title in '07. We have a car capable of winning races, (although that's not our aim this year,) and I'm confident that we can help to put on an amazing show for the spectators.

I look forward to working with you!

racing59
9th March 2007, 15:23
Glad to have you both on board.

Now what was that,.. turn right at 3, or was that left?

deadsquirrel
9th March 2007, 19:20

in case you want to stick it to your steering wheel :)
http://rockingham.co.uk/track/oval.asp

Reynard
9th March 2007, 22:46

:rotflmao:

Left!!! LEFT!!! ;) And whatever you do, *don't* aim at the photographers... ;)

racing59
9th March 2007, 23:08
On certain road courses, you'd be surprised what we use for braking and turn-in points.

I remember testing a very long time ago, when a FF1600 driver went off and trashed the car, he used a rock for his braking point. Each lap he got faster, until he went off, braking tooooo late. The rock.... was a hedgehog on the edge of the track, moving towards the corner!! I seem to remember it was Cadwell.

I used to aim for the marshall's post at Paddock (Brands) before turning in.

All I know now is "don't aim for the wall"

Chigley
9th March 2007, 23:53
On certain road courses, you'd be surprised what we use for braking and turn-in points.

Oh no we wouldn't !!!

Its great fun when you recognise, or are told, that a driver uses a particular feature (of a moveable nature) to act as a turn in point. Be it a stone, cone, fire extinguisher, marshals who always stand in one particular place.... etc it is great fun to move it five yards closure to the corner and wait to see how many heart stopping moments that driver has before he twigs, usually 2-3 laps. :eek: They bitch like hell if they come off because they got their braking wrong,... it's difficult to avoid hysterics. ;)

Little things liven up boring races. :)

Dave17
10th March 2007, 09:32
All I know now is "don't aim for the wall"

If you are about 6 feet away from me exiting T1 your right on it! John Steward tends to push the envelope a bit and showers me with bits of red fibreglass and wall!!!!

Nick Brad
12th March 2007, 11:44
:rotflmao:

Left!!! LEFT!!! ;) And whatever you do, *don't* aim at the photographers... ;)

I agree with that, chances are they'll have the wrong lense on for a close shot and will be caught on TV looking the wrong way before moving in for a shot after the car's stopped ;)

SteveA
12th March 2007, 12:34
I agree with that, chances are they'll have the wrong lense on for a close shot and will be caught on TV looking the wrong way before moving in for a shot after the car's stopped ;)

Ha ha!

And there's always some rotten sod that's kept a capture from the TV show and posts it to the forum just to embarrass the photographer, when they think its all water under the bridge http://ascar.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

http://v8.macmillan.co.uk/s_images/special/WittyTV.jpg

cgs
12th March 2007, 15:07
i remember that!

Reynard
12th March 2007, 15:51
Oh you utter terrors! :arrows:

Umm, I must confess to still having that clip too... Hey, I'll admit I bloopered, but its one of the reasons I now work with two cameras! :cheese: My thought at the time was "where the f*** did he come from?!?!?!?!"