PDA

View Full Version : Anyone enter the Rockingham comp in the Mirror?

kali
8th March 2007, 12:19
To win 2x weekend tickets? There were 10 sets to be won. Just got a letter saying I won a pair lol, obviously they're giving away more than 10 pairs, I'm more of an omen than a good luck charm lol

Just deciding if i want to go cos we're going Brands and Thruxton but i'm worried about Rockingham as I doubt i'll be able to tell one car from another with it being so far away from the stands.

LiamM
8th March 2007, 12:33
Just deciding if i want to go cos we're going Brands and Thruxton but i'm worried about Rockingham as I doubt i'll be able to tell one car from another with it being so far away from the stands.

Viewing isn't really a problem, you can see what you need to, only look at the start straight if you want - thats all you'd get if you went to Thruxton

simon_blay
8th March 2007, 17:31
personally, i think rockingham is a stunning place, and am quite surprised it still seems to be on the outskirts of the british motor racing scene. Went there for an F3/GT race meeting when the F3 car flipped and was amazed by the quality o the facilities, the accessiblilty to just about everything, and the exciting racing it produced. Only drawback was that there was no cash machine on site.

p.s is the part with the bar for drinks within the main stand always open? We were sat up there with a coke, watching the racing out of perspex glass, the sorta stuff that you would have to be extreme VIP to get anywhere else... but anyway, yes, go! If i had known, i would have entered the compo too!

jonv
9th March 2007, 00:49
Best circuit in the uk at the moment IMHO

acorn
9th March 2007, 11:30
Only drawback was that there was no cash machine on site.

p.s is the part with the bar for drinks within the main stand always open? We were sat up there with a coke, watching the racing out of perspex glass, the sorta stuff that you would have to be extreme VIP to get anywhere else... but anyway, yes, go! If i had known, i would have entered the compo too!

Last time I went(which was late '05), there was a cash machine on the concourse about a third of the way along the Rockingham building.

I think that bar was only open for Rockingham Supporters Club members(or possibly Ascar/DoT season ticket holders). I don't think the same privileges apply now. The public bar is now on the concourse iirc.

Kali, at least you can follow your fave driver all the way around the track but if you don't want to use those tickets I'll happily use them for you.