PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Harvick runs for Budweiser in 2011

e2mtt
15th August 2010, 21:00
Budweiser will be the primary sponsor for Kevin Harvick in 2011. Just announced.

He just won at Michigan.

To early to say, but he might just be the defending champion in 2011 too.

Gotta respect him... hard to root against Richard Childress Racing either.

slorydn1
15th August 2010, 21:12
I've been tring to maintain my decorum....but I can't

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:beer: 's all around

00steven
15th August 2010, 21:28
It's a good fit.

I wonder when the last time a driver has won the championship and lost their sponsor the next year. ( Not to say Kevin has won the title just yet but just wondering).

Jag_Warrior
15th August 2010, 21:36
Is Shell leaving NASCAR or just RCR?

MD24
15th August 2010, 21:43
Is Shell leaving NASCAR or just RCR?

Shell will sponsor Kurt Busch next year

Jag_Warrior
15th August 2010, 21:47
Ah. Thanks. So where is Kurt's sponsor (Miller?) going?

wbcobrar
15th August 2010, 21:47
Shell is moving to Penskie racing, sponsoring Indy, Nationwide, as well as Kurt Busch in the 12 (Brad K. will get the Miller Lite 2).

Jag_Warrior
15th August 2010, 21:49
Thanks. You guys are good. :up:

00steven
15th August 2010, 21:51
Kurt Busch will actually race the 22.

harvick#1
16th August 2010, 00:18
isnt it kinda funny that once Shell said they were running to Busch, Kurt is falling apart and Harvick is winning and just dominating the series

but on the news I love it, I like Bud (not my preferred choice of beer) but I'll be happy to wear his stuff again, I never like wearing the shell colors

wbcobrar
16th August 2010, 02:00
The chase may be worth watching this year. In my eyes it will be a three dog fight . Harvick ,given the three tracks left should get at least one more win, and when the points are reset may just retain the lead, to go with the momentum. Jimmy with five wins, and that teams history (even though they are struggling now),will be tough. Hamlin is the other big dog 25 bonus points would have him in the lead now. The Rousch team seems to be hitting there stride, a little to late IMHO, but they are my favorites, and at least they won't stink up the joint like they did mid season. Congrats to all you Harvick fans, today's race was a statement. RCR usually sucks at Michigan, and to stay out with old tires, and kick the field in the arse the way he did was huge. :beer:

Jonesi
16th August 2010, 02:46
The chase may be worth watching this year. In my eyes it will be a three dog fight . Harvick ,given the three tracks left should get at least one more win, and when the points are reset may just retain the lead, to go with the momentum. Jimmy with five wins, and that teams history (even though they are struggling now),will be tough. Hamlin is the other big dog 25 bonus points would have him in the lead now. The Rousch team seems to be hitting there stride, a little to late IMHO, but they are my favorites, and at least they won't stink up the joint like they did mid season. Congrats to all you Harvick fans, today's race was a statement. RCR usually sucks at Michigan, and to stay out with old tires, and kick the field in the arse the way he did was huge. :beer:

Harvick would have to win the next 3 races to retain the lead when the Chase starts. (Right now he's in 3rd place 20 points behind JJ & DH.) With a career Cup average of 1.4 wins a year, he's unlikely to win again all year, let alone "should get at least one more win" of the next three.

harvick#1
16th August 2010, 04:25
Harvick would have to win the next 3 races to retain the lead when the Chase starts. (Right now he's in 3rd place 20 points behind JJ & DH.) With a career Cup average of 1.4 wins a year, he's unlikely to win again all year, let alone "should get at least one more win" of the next three.

this year IMO has been alot different, Harv should have atleast 6-7 wins this season.

he dominated the 500 and had it won until the multiple GWC killed his race, Cali, chased down Johnson and had him until Johnson took the air off the front end and Harv slid into the wall. Vegas, was a little to late as he was chasing Johnson down before the end of the race, and Indy was burned by the last caution which the heat cycle hurt his tires.

with the year Harv is having, if he doesnt win, the Chase (which already is a joke) will have less merit.

plus I dont see Johnson winning because IMO Kurt is saving his revenge for the chase and will see fight that Johnson will be paid back for his reckless driving

Sparky1329
16th August 2010, 06:25
I've been tring to maintain my decorum....but I can't

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:beer: 's all around

We don't need no stinkin' decorum. :D

Cheers to RCR and Harv! :beer:

MD24
17th August 2010, 18:10
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5306772&id=52880441687#!/photo.php?pid=5306772&id=52880441687&fbid=419799366687

MD24
17th August 2010, 18:19
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/08/17/kharvick.budweiser.sponsorship/index.html

harvick#1
17th August 2010, 18:52
haha reading the comments, some people are so damn stupid, I love how people live their lives by what product is sponsored by what driver :laugh:

some people need to get a life when it comes to this stuff.

this was already done for about 6 weeks now, too bad the livery is dull again :( hopefully the Old Spice or Reeses liveries will make up for the Bud

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2010, 21:59
haha reading the comments, some people are so damn stupid, I love how people live their lives by what product is sponsored by what driver :laugh:

some people need to get a life when it comes to this stuff.

this was already done for about 6 weeks now, too bad the livery is dull again :( hopefully the Old Spice or Reeses liveries will make up for the Bud

The comments were a riot...

What a joke some of them are...

It looks good..the 29 in red like that is sharp.

I didn't warm up to the look of the Pennzoil/Shell with Harvick either....

harvick#1
18th August 2010, 18:43
The comments were a riot...

What a joke some of them are...

It looks good..the 29 in red like that is sharp.

its a sharp car, but Harv's liveries have normally been agressive, the Goodwrench one from 03-06 was prolly the best one I can think of in terms of design.

theres just no flow with a gloss red brick, I cant wait for the Camo livery though I hope Bud will do next year

Mark in Oshawa
19th August 2010, 19:48
its a sharp car, but Harv's liveries have normally been agressive, the Goodwrench one from 03-06 was prolly the best one I can think of in terms of design.

theres just no flow with a gloss red brick, I cant wait for the Camo livery though I hope Bud will do next year

I am sure we will see many variations of the theme.....

Jonesi
19th August 2010, 22:35
I am sure we will see many variations of the theme.....

Like a white with red trim and baseball stitching in early April.