PDA

View Full Version : motogp.com

fatman
8th March 2007, 01:16
Love it or hate it, motogp.com is the only way many fans can actually see a motogp race. It's that time again to renew subscriptions as any pre-season package expired a few days ago.

This year they are offering "High Res" content. At 99 euros for the season I'm not sure I'm going to bite at that offering. I'll want to see how the regular feed works first, then perhaps upgrade.

I've noticed in the past it takes the people running the motogp.com web site a race or two to get re-used to keeping the site up to date. 125s are set to start practice very soon for the opener and they still haven't published the weekend schedule.

Who all is getting a subscription?

maxu05
8th March 2007, 04:34
I will subscribe, as it's the only way for me to watch the racing at the moment, though, my part of the city will be able to get digital/pay tv from the end of next month, so I will be subscribing to that. I will get star sports then, so that will be cool. I don't think I would bother with the high res 99 euro option until I upgrade my computer, or buy a new one. I just hope the stream is improved this year.

tha_jackal
8th March 2007, 05:36
I simply subscribed to the standard package (with a five dollar discount for getting it last year and another discount for the 'early bird' price.) I think its definately worth it, especially as I dont have pay TV.. Cant wait for the live QP's to start up!! (Lets hope that theres no problems with the live video this year, as there were two races lost last year for me.)

leopard
8th March 2007, 07:46
For 125 cc currently i can watch only small portion of the race on local TV, it gives the fundamental moments like chekered flag start, accident, finish, and podium. Luckily qualifying race is rumoured to be broadcasted a day before the race.

Getting subscribtion to motogp.com the full season for all categories i think valuable for 99 euro chargeable. Does WSBK offer the same thing to watch superbike fully. They seem will give more complete race than paid TV, don't they?

Ranger
8th March 2007, 11:10
I think its definately worth it, especially as I dont have pay TV..

Although they only show the race which is sometimes ridiculously delayed, Channel Ten still do the bikes don't they? :confused:

maxu05
10th March 2007, 04:05
I just payed my subscription for motogp.com, so I can watch the race today. I got an email from motogp with confirmation and I printed my reciept etc. When I went to log into motogp.com, it wouldn't let me log in. When the home page loads up, it should say "suer - log in " but at the top of the home page it now has " user - deleted " ?????? I tried to check out the video section and it told me that it is only available to subscribers, and that I should pay via credit card etc,etc. This is really pissing me off. I sent an email to them 3 times and it doesn't go through. If I miss this race I will be so,so pissed off. Anyone else have problems like this ?

tha_jackal
10th March 2007, 04:20
I just payed my subscription for motogp.com, so I can watch the race today. I got an email from motogp with confirmation and I printed my reciept etc. When I went to log into motogp.com, it wouldn't let me log in. When the home page loads up, it should say "suer - log in " but at the top of the home page it now has " user - deleted " ?????? I tried to check out the video section and it told me that it is only available to subscribers, and that I should pay via credit card etc,etc. This is really pissing me off. I sent an email to them 3 times and it doesn't go through. If I miss this race I will be so,so pissed off. Anyone else have problems like this ?

motogp.com are good at screwing people over, last night the live video for the QP failed and they have sent me an email apologising.. If the video screws up tonight, I honestly think I will ask for my subsciption money back, they just screw up far to often..

fatman
10th March 2007, 13:18
thankfully motogp.com works well for me. Must be because I'm the only person in Canada who has a subscription. :-)

tha_jackal
10th March 2007, 13:35
Live video worked flawlessly today, thank god :) No complaints here.. Lets hope I dont have complain again this year..

NinjaMaster
10th March 2007, 14:21
Foxtel worked well for me... ;)

RusH
11th March 2007, 03:21
I watched the full race today. But not live, I`ll hold off on comments on the live service since server loads may be an issue...or not. I had problems watching live practice earlier in the week so we`ll see.
Today I hooked up my laptop to the S-Video jack on my 55-inch TV...looked ok for an internet broadcast.
Now that the clocks here in the U.S. will be closer to Eurotime, I`ll be using the live feed. :D

EuroSport has the races also...click on Sports at this site and you`ll get the Russian feed.
http://freetube.us.tc/

maxu05
11th March 2007, 03:48
I couldn't watch, as my computer is not good enough as it turns out. I am upgrading to a better system next weekend with an AMD Athelon and I am upgrading to 1 gb RAM, as well as a new Video card etc,etc,etc. I hope it shows the racing better after all that.

Lilith
11th March 2007, 23:00
Here we get eurosport which shows most races live so I have no problem :D
How expensive is motogp.com? I had a look around but couldn't find it... Maybe I am blind? :p
Btw for the more patient you can always find the coverage in the net (in good quality for free) a few hours later

maxu05
12th March 2007, 03:26
Motogp costs me around $60.00 Australian, so it's not too bad. I think I need to upgrade my computer (which is what I am about to do), as it is tooooooo slow, then I will be able to watch the live feed better.

leopard
12th March 2007, 08:23
Which is bigger AU$ and US$?
I think 1 gb RAM of memory is basic requirement for playing online video/game satisfactorily, it may also depend on how you get connected to internet.

maxu05
12th March 2007, 08:39
I have a DSL line, so it's not too bad. My problem is my computer is 5 years old. At present, my computer has a 16Gb hard drive, 256 RAM and is not up to it. On Saturday, I will have a new AMD Athelon main board, with 1 GB Ram and 150GB hard drive as well as a G Force graphics card. I can't wait. Wow, all this techno geek stuff :laugh:

leopard
12th March 2007, 08:47
I still have another one 4 GB, 128 :laugh:
Instead of up-grading it, better i bought the new one

tha_jackal
12th March 2007, 11:33
My PC (that i watch the live streams on) isn't very fast at all, its a pretty old laptop and it works perfectly fine, no problems at all.. So I dont think thats your issue John :)

maxu05
12th March 2007, 12:39
I need to update my system anyway, perhaps it will run better, fingers crossed.

Lilith
12th March 2007, 19:32
Thanks for the info :D
Actually I am quite suprised aswell, a friend had similar system until uhm... last month but he never had any trouble with streaming or any other videos. Newer games didn't work too well but no other trouble. Anyway a new computer is always good :s mokin:

maxu05
13th March 2007, 04:52
Yeah, more power is always better, just ask Ducati :cheese:

leopard
15th March 2007, 05:19
Things prompted me bought the new one, expenses for up-grading the old one is alomost equal to price of the new one. Although for this i have to take my credit card up to the limit. :D

This might a case of mine because my first pc is such minimum spec and priceless, I bought ex Singapore when it wasn't new. :D