PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton wins another trophy

Andy Harrison
13th August 2010, 12:39
http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/lewis-and-the-bandini-trophy

Lewis actually appears humble in this video!

Tazio
13th August 2010, 15:33
http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/lewis-and-the-bandini-trophy

Lewis actually appears humble in this video!

Andy thanks for sharing that very excellent vid.
The Boss was humble alright. But that is the way sane people act at these kinds of events. It appeared that he was largely interacting with Bandini's sister for christ’s sake. I think sometimes people lose sight of the forest for the trees. I also think (and I'm not accusing anyone) that as someone that has been very close to the pulse of sport and it's players as long as I have, that too much is made of what the public perception of athletes is these days. Lewis knows where F1 came from and is a bit of an F1 historian. That is not a big deal they probably all do. Most just don't get asked the same sorts of questions or relate to the subject matter on camera as much as many have seen him. The Boss the man is exactly that, a man! He is a champ and as such knows how to comport himself in these affairs. If I were to take anything out of this interview that was telling about Lewis Hamilton that isn't something the propaganda machine want's LH's British enthusiasts to understand is;
The Boss will drive for Ferrari during his career! :eek:
You can take that to the bank. He will! (take it to the bank that is)

BTW Why did Kettle get the honor before the boss :confused:

Answer;

:s ailor: Red Bull humbly bought it with Toro Rosso!

Oh the humanity! :dozey: :s mokin:

Valve Bounce
14th August 2010, 04:29
While we are at it, I'd like to add my two bob's worth about What I think of Lewis Hamilton.
First of all, I'd like to say that I am not a fan of Lewis, but nevertheless I do admire his super ability. He came into F1 teamed with possibly the best/fastest driver at the time: Fernando Alonso. A driver is best compared with his team mate in equal machinery, and I must say that Lewis's performance was immensely impressive from right out of the box, with a string of podiums. That he nearly won the WDC in his rookie year was because of his ability, and he only missed out because of the stupidity of his team's race management.

Now compare his meteoric rise with that of Bunsen and you know exactly what I mean. Bunsen struggled for years simply because he wasn't good enough yet and his contractual contratemps with his mentor Frank Williams shows a helluva lot about his lack of character.

And while I would not cheer for Lewis Hamilton, preferring Mark Webber to win, I would never cheer if or when Lewis suffers a mishap on the circuit. While I may not say that I admire his character, I certainly respect Lewis's driving ability.