PDA

View Full Version : Phil Glew returns!

Allyc85
12th August 2010, 18:54
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85929

Phil Glew will return to the British Touring Car Championship at Silverstone next weekend after agreeing a deal to race a second SEAT Leon TFSI for Special Tuning UK. Unlike his new team-mate Tom Boardman, Glew will drive a car powered by the TOCA turbocharged engine. His car will run under the YourRacingCar banner, in deference to the scheme that has backed cars in the Renault Clio Cup and the Ginetta G50 Cup over the past two years.

Great to see Phil back as he looked very fast in the Vectra. Its also great to see another slight variation in car on the grid and I wonder id the team will use it as a test for next year to see if it makes up for the Leons lack of top end speed.... Plato did mention that before right? ;)

VkmSpouge
12th August 2010, 19:37
It will be interesting to see how he compares with Tom Boardman in the normal Leon. Of course it is Boardman's team and he has vastly more experience than Glew in the Leon.
I guess Special Tuning UK are evaluating the possibility of switching over to the NGTC-engine for next year?

PDS
12th August 2010, 22:28
A SEAT with a GM engine?

That I will need to see.

DazzlaF1
13th August 2010, 17:10
It will be interesting to see how he compares with Tom Boardman in the normal Leon. Of course it is Boardman's team and he has vastly more experience than Glew in the Leon.
I guess Special Tuning UK are evaluating the possibility of switching over to the NGTC-engine for next year?

Well they've got to havent they, its in the 2011 reg's, infact I would'nt be suprised if we see a few other teams experimenting a bit with NGTC engines during races before the season ends.

Anyway though fantastic for Glew, I thought he was extremely unlucky to lose his Vectra drive after a strong showing at Thruxton.

Allyc85
13th August 2010, 20:33
Well they've got to havent they, its in the 2011 reg's, infact I would'nt be suprised if we see a few other teams experimenting a bit with NGTC engines during races before the season ends.

:) Nope the NGTC rules and the S2000 rules will mix for a couple seasons until S2000 is no longer eligible in the series.

racingfanatic1234
13th August 2010, 21:59
Good news. Going to Silverstone on race day, will look out for him.

Eurotech
20th August 2010, 23:13
Having seen the picture of his car I'm thinking its an ex-Diesel one cos of the larger air vents in the front....

trebor901
21st August 2010, 21:36
both the special tuning ones are the old TDI's used in BTCC in 2008 its just Boardmans has had the traditional front put back and Glew's car looked good in practice today was lifting the inside rear into Copse but looked really stable but quick every time he came through, only thing he didnt set a qualifying time

RMLCruzeing82
21st August 2010, 22:24
im not keen on the livery, looks a bit erm...messy

Eurotech
22nd August 2010, 12:48
im not keen on the livery, looks a bit erm...messy
Not as messy as the Airwaves BMW one though...

RMLCruzeing82
22nd August 2010, 14:25
Not as messy as the Airwaves BMW one though...

very true looks awful