PDA

View Full Version : Texas twin 150's?

Scotty G.
9th August 2010, 00:52
That is what Robin Miller was referring to tonight.

More bang for the buck. Spice it up. I like it.

Good move, I think. :p

Phoenixent
9th August 2010, 03:39
A little blast form the past have not seen this idea since early years of CART. Cool idea I like it but they need to bring back the triple crown also. Nothing like a driver trying to win each 500 mile race in one season. A feat that has only been done once in Indycar history.

nigelred5
9th August 2010, 18:13
Maybe if they could get a couple more 2.5 mile ovals back on the schedule worthy of a 500 miler they could consider the triple crown, but I don't see that anywhere on the horizon with what appears to be happening between Indycar and ISC. I just can't see Texas or any of the 1.5 mile SMI tracks being a 500 miler. If you take ISC out of the equation, that leaves Pocono and a race at Texas World Speedway as the only super speedway options which is about as likely as my landing on the moon for my birthday.

some time ago We mentioned something like Indy, LongBeach and Road America as a triple crown, i.e. the grandaddy of each discipline, but that just screams desperation, kind of like the oval and road-course championships.

NaBUru38
9th August 2010, 23:58
If Fontana replaces the lost Chase for the Cup race with an IndyCar race, it should be a 400-miler.

If IndyCar ever hosts two races in a weekend, the second one should be longer and award more points. Each weekend should have one winner. Don't copy WTCC and FIA GT1.

If IndyCar evver adds a mini tournament, I believe that it should represent all track types: ovals (Indianapolis), temporary (Long Beach) and permanent roadies (Watkins Glen or Road America). To begin, I'd give 100-70-55-45-35 points to the top 5 finishers at those races and 10 points for the pole.

Dr. Krogshöj
10th August 2010, 09:27
If Fontana replaces the lost Chase for the Cup race with an IndyCar race, it should be a 400-miler.

If IndyCar ever hosts two races in a weekend, the second one should be longer and award more points. Each weekend should have one winner. Don't copy WTCC and FIA GT1.

If IndyCar evver adds a mini tournament, I believe that it should represent all track types: ovals (Indianapolis), temporary (Long Beach) and permanent roadies (Watkins Glen or Road America). To begin, I'd give 100-70-55-45-35 points to the top 5 finishers at those races and 10 points for the pole.

Make it superspeedways (Indy), short ovals (Milwaukee or Loudon), road courses (Mid-Ohio or Birmingham) and street circuits (Long Beach).

BobbyC
18th August 2010, 02:49
The format will be like the old races of the 1970's. The twin-feature format is a tried and true short-track format of Saturday Night races.

anthonyvop
18th August 2010, 03:37
The format will be like the old races of the 1970's. The twin-feature format is a tried and true short-track format of Saturday Night races.

And we all know how modern formula car fans and Saturday night short-track fans are the same demographic!

SoCalPVguy
18th August 2010, 04:58

If they really want to make it INTERESTING... they should invert the starting order of the field for the second race based on the finish order of the first race... Milka on pole, Will Power in the last row... let 'em blast through...

Easy Drifter
18th August 2010, 05:14
Speak for yourself Tony.
You don't speak for me.

TURN3
18th August 2010, 05:18
If they really want to make it INTERESTING... they should invert the starting order of the field for the second race based on the finish order of the first race... Milka on pole, Will Power in the last row... let 'em blast through...

That would be cool. The race is short enough that some of the midpackers might be out front far enough to stay there too. Plus, have you noticed that there are times when Penske and Ganassi guys seem to struggle a bit once they are back in traffic? Sort of like they run less downforce knowing they'll be in cleaner air...and when they're not it sometimes backfires. If they had to plan on intense traffic from lap 1, might have a different setup.

SoCalPVguy
18th August 2010, 17:14
That would be cool. The race is short enough that some of the midpackers might be out front far enough to stay there too. Plus, have you noticed that there are times when Penske and Ganassi guys seem to struggle a bit once they are back in traffic? Sort of like they run less downforce knowing they'll be in cleaner air...and when they're not it sometimes backfires. If they had to plan on intense traffic from lap 1, might have a different setup.

I agree w/ you. There is no guarantee the faster cars can shoot thru the whole pack....

Unless they do something interesting like inverted field for 2nd race, twin 275's will just be twin boring races- the "same 'ol, same 'ol " twice over.

garyshell
18th August 2010, 17:59
I just think it's funny that the very folks who complain about the series not doing anything to promote itself or differentitate itself are the same folks who poo poo every effort that it makes in that regard.

Gary

garyshell
18th August 2010, 18:11
http://silentpagoda.com/blog/2010/08/18/on-this-day-in-history-2/

Speaks for itself.

Gary

anthonyvop
18th August 2010, 19:54
Speak for yourself Tony.
You don't speak for me.

Did i say I did?

anthonyvop
18th August 2010, 19:55

Yea. And instead of the new Dallara they should switch to monster trucks. Imagine Grave Digger and Bigfoot side by side into turn 1.

garyshell
18th August 2010, 19:58
And we all know how modern formula car fans and Saturday night short-track fans are the same demographic!

Speak for yourself Tony.
You don't speak for me.

Did i say I did?

As a matter of fact, yes you did.

Gary

anthonyvop
18th August 2010, 20:10
As a matter of fact, yes you did.

Gary

Well.....Then i am right.

downtowndeco
18th August 2010, 20:15
On this, we agree. Cheers.

I just think it's funny that the very folks who complain about the series not doing anything to promote itself or differentitate itself are the same folks who poo poo every effort that it makes in that regard.

Gary

garyshell
18th August 2010, 20:37
On this, we agree. Cheers.

'Tis not the ONLY thing, trust me. Cheers to you as well.

Gary