PDA

View Full Version : What is the actual list of applicants for 2011?

woody2goody
7th August 2010, 19:59
As above really, who's put their names down to be the 13th team in 2011?

The only ones I've heard of are Durango/Villeneuve and Epsilon.

Roamy
7th August 2010, 20:24
I hope both make it in. One of my all time favorites is sergio rinland. I think a very very underrated engineer.

Saint Devote
7th August 2010, 23:31
Considering that both Virgin and HRT may be on the skids there will be a neccessity for THREE new teams.

The FIA have tightened up the asessement process considerably in financial and experience terms.

I would rather have a third car from those big teams that want to rather than more time wasters.

Alfa Fan
7th August 2010, 23:33
Cypher Group apparently.

steveaki13
7th August 2010, 23:46
When is the decision made, the new potentials are running out of time, if they are to be better prepared than this years new boys.

VkmSpouge
8th August 2010, 00:13
As above really, who's put their names down to be the 13th team in 2011?

The only ones I've heard of are Durango/Villeneuve and Epsilon.

It's those two and Stefan GP. All other potential applicants pulled out.

ioan
8th August 2010, 00:49
Cypher Group apparently.

Not anymore:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85699

ioan
8th August 2010, 00:50
When is the decision made, the new potentials are running out of time, if they are to be better prepared than this years new boys.

No one wants them to be well prepared, sadly. :\

woody2goody
8th August 2010, 03:43
I would rather have a third car from those big teams that want to rather than more time wasters.

Hmm... Third cars is an idea that sounds good but probably won't work. The team orders and arguments are bad enough with two cars.

Epsilon possibly should have got the entry last year, so I wouldn't mind them having a chance.

I'm a bit surprised that Virgin are struggling if that's true. I still reckon both HRT and Virgin will be there next year.

woody2goody
8th August 2010, 03:45
It's those two and Stefan GP. All other potential applicants pulled out.

Are Stefan GP still wanting to use the 2010 Toyotas?

Even if it's not a great car by next year's standards, chances are it'll be close to the midfield at least.

If not I can't see them building a decent car, as I'm not 100% sure that they even have a factory.

Saint Devote
8th August 2010, 03:52
Hmm... Third cars is an idea that sounds good but probably won't work. The team orders and arguments are bad enough with two cars.

I'm a bit surprised that Virgin are struggling if that's true. I still reckon both HRT and Virgin will be there next year.

Your first point makes me chuckle :eek: :D

On Virgin it depends if Bernie is privy to Branson becoming disenchanted. The VA chief has given the team three years and for the first time, in Hungary, it was a Virgin that was the quickest of the new teams - Glockenspiel.

Nick Wirth is confident that they will gain around 20% more in downforce and begin to challenge the slow end of the rest of the grid - I cant remember of this was by the end of the season or for the 2011 car.

Sonic
8th August 2010, 08:55
IMO 3 car teams would be a slippery slope to the death of F1. Its already a top eight lock out almost every week by the same cars, make it 3 to a team and there would be next to no hope of Williams, Force India, Torro etc ever scoring a single point. That would almost certainly lead to those teams shutting up shop meaning the remainder would run 4 cars. As I say slippery slope.

As for the applicants, the FIA do seem to want to make life difficult. Its August FFS! How are these teams meant to build a team and a car with any hope of being on a par with even this years new entries with so little lead time? Its a joke.

steveaki13
8th August 2010, 10:14
They should have made the decision long before now.

DazzlaF1
8th August 2010, 13:02
Im just waiting for LdM to come out with his "told you so, now let us run a 3rd car" BS, what a joke that would be. the big teams running 3 cars will be the final nail in the coffin for Formula 1, fans will turn away in their droves if we see 12 car precessions at the front from 4 teams hogging all the points positions while the likes of Williams, Force India, Toro Rosso, Sauber and (to an extent) Renault all suffer.

F1 needed these new teams in the sport, sure they may be off the pace but lets not forget, one of them had to build a team and a car in just 5 months, another had a late takeover and were provided a horrible car by Dallara and the others are still experimenting their 100% CFD design methods. They are a credit to the sport for even attempting to take the plunge despite meagre resources and next to no time to put things together and next season, with a years worth of work under their belts, they should be a lot closer to the more established outfits and hopefully scoring points.

But they are basically fighting a losing battle when it comes to earning respect from fellow teams and that is what the need most so they can be left alone to get themselves to a level of competitiveness without being constantly haranged and questionned by the likes of LdM and Bernie. Firstly at the moment, they're beign criticised for being too slow which is a bit stupid considering the circumstances but imagine what it would have been like if they came in and were quick out of the blocks (a-la BrawnGP last year), the complaints fromt he established teams about how they thought the cars did not comply with the regulations would he huge.

We are currently experiencing one of the greatest F1 seasons in living memory, dont try to fix it by becoming elitist.

Nikki Katz
8th August 2010, 22:18
When is the decision supposed to be made? USF1 pulled out ages ago, it's not really fair on the remaining teams to keep wavering when they could be preparing. Had they decided sooner we might even have had ART next year, now we won't even have Cypher.

DazzlaF1
8th August 2010, 23:03
When is the decision supposed to be made? USF1 pulled out ages ago, it's not really fair on the remaining teams to keep wavering when they could be preparing. Had they decided sooner we might even have had ART next year, now we won't even have Cypher.

If the selection process was for 2012 rather than 2011, it would make a hell of a lot more sense and more applicants would have been interested.

As for the decision, I think we'll get it on Belgian GP weekend

Saint Devote
8th August 2010, 23:24
IMO 3 car teams would be a slippery slope to the death of F1. Its already a top eight lock out almost every week by the same cars, make it 3 to a team and there would be next to no hope of Williams, Force India, Torro etc ever scoring a single point. That would almost certainly lead to those teams shutting up shop meaning the remainder would run 4 cars. As I say slippery slope.

As for the applicants, the FIA do seem to want to make life difficult. Its August FFS! How are these teams meant to build a team and a car with any hope of being on a par with even this years new entries with so little lead time? Its a joke.

Not instead of but if there is no compatitive new team then why not allow Ferrari for example to run a third car for Raikkonen at Spa for example?

Kimi is the Spa Meister in the same way that Clark was and it would be a superb stratgic play to prevent the almost certainty that an RB6 will dominate there.

This is a conundrum but the most important thing is at least to prevent any new team from being like HRT.

Saint Devote
8th August 2010, 23:31
Third cars would just pave the way for teams to control races in a more false manner IMO. Two cars collecting the points while a third holds up the rest of the field is not something I would care to watch from any team.

Not much of a fan of f1 are you then? What do you think - that f1 is this sweetness and light brotherly competitive sport and its the competition that counts not who wins including which driver IN a team?

:rotflmao: :burnout:

woody2goody
9th August 2010, 04:44
Not much of a fan of f1 are you then? What do you think - that f1 is this sweetness and light brotherly competitive sport and its the competition that counts not who wins including which driver IN a team?

:rotflmao: :burnout:

He's right though. Don't kid yourself, there are many occasions where teams would employ these tactics, and then just claim the guy holding up the pack just was 'struggling with the tyres'.

Just to add, Di Montezemolo is an idiot and his constant crying and selfishness is pitiful from a man in such an important position.

CNR
9th August 2010, 07:56
with all the money being wasted by the new f1 applicants

why not have all teams from 11th in the championship build a car and have a 3 round shout out and the teams with the most points gets the spots

Lotus-Cosworth (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2010/2949.html) HRT-Cosworth (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2010/2948.html) Virgin-Cosworth (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2010/2947.html) all could lost their spot on the grid for 2011

Ranger
9th August 2010, 08:02
with all the money being wasted by the new f1 applicants

why not have all teams from 11th in the championship build a car and have a 3 round shout out and the teams with the most points gets the spots

Lotus-Cosworth (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2010/2949.html) HRT-Cosworth (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2010/2948.html) Virgin-Cosworth (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2010/2947.html) all could lost their spot on the grid for 2011

Because that would waste even more money?

Sonic
9th August 2010, 08:19
Not instead of but if there is no compatitive new team then why not allow Ferrari for example to run a third car for Raikkonen at Spa for example?

As it goes I wouldn't mind seeing a "guest car" at each GP as long as the car scored no championship points and was alternated at each GP. Rossi in a Ferrari at Monza, Sebastian Loeb in a RBR. Could be good fun. However as MS is showing there is no hope any of these guys could be on the pace.

This is a conundrum but the most important thing is at least to prevent any new team from being like HRT.

Too hard on HRT in my opinion. They are within 107% and haven't folded (yet). There have been plenty of worse attempts at F1.

CNR
9th August 2010, 14:03
http://www.racers-republic.com/f1/news/1907/todt-explains-art-withdrawal
Todt explains ART withdrawal

We haven't been able to do that. We wanted to have long-term guarantees about our presence in Formula One and we had some technical partners and economic investors, but not enough to know that we had two or three years' time. So we decided to withdraw our candidacy, because if we do a thing we want to do it well. And this way we were not able to do it well."

ioan
9th August 2010, 21:35

I can already feel the disgust to hearing Alonso complaining two Stella on the radio, not once but twice per race!
I think this is a good enough reason not to let Ferrari run 3 cars.

Stuartf12007
9th August 2010, 22:54
Williams will soon be a prime target for a buy out by a manufacturer and the terms of the deal will be to keep the Williams name alive.

Future potential take over names

Honda Williams
BMW Williams
Audi/VW Williams
Toyota Williams

DazzlaF1
9th August 2010, 23:02
Williams will soon be a prime target for a buy out by a manufacturer and the terms of the deal will be to keep the Williams name alive.

Honda Williams
BMW Williams
Audi/VW Williams
Toyota Williams

That'll never happen, why do you think BMW's Mario Thiessen had that falling out with Sir Frank then ended up going off and buying Sauber?

Plain and simple, BMW had their hearts on buying Williams but Sir Frank refused to sell up. Weve all seen what happens when manufacturers get disillusioned with F1, they pull out and put jobs at risk, any fecebt minded person would never let that happen.

Roamy
10th August 2010, 17:20
What a "Puke" Brawn is. This lying cheater now has called for no more new teams. He is scared the JV is going to come back and kick the cheaters ass in a new car. He should just worry about his own crap and how to cheat for the "Queen of all Champions"

ioan
10th August 2010, 22:19
What a "Puke" Brawn is. This lying cheater now has called for no more new teams. He is scared the JV is going to come back and kick the cheaters ass in a new car. He should just worry about his own crap and how to cheat for the "Queen of all Champions"

:laugh: fousto never disappoints with his clueless rants. :D

woody2goody
11th August 2010, 23:49

'The JV' might just do that :D

V12
13th August 2010, 13:49

Honda Williams
BMW Williams
Audi/VW Williams
Toyota Williams

BMW....been there, done that, got the t-shirt, then broke up.

Audi/VW though - if Williams was to go the partnering manufacturer route I would say that would be the most likely one. They've already been on record as saying if they were to enter F1 it would most likely be as an engine supplier rather than going the whole works team route. Of course that "if" is a massive one.

Toyota - Well they should have done that instead of quitting, or sooner even.

PSfan
14th August 2010, 06:25
Anybody know if the FIA still plan on picking the 13th team plus a reserve?

VkmSpouge
14th August 2010, 12:54
Assuming one of the applicants meets their entry criteria then I guess they will. The FIA should make it sooner rather than later to give the new team as much time as possible to prepare for next season. Of course Lotus was only given it's grid spot in September last year.

steveaki13
25th August 2010, 20:27
Any news if the new team will be announced during the Belgium weekend.

Nikki Katz
25th August 2010, 22:34
Any news if the new team will be announced during the Belgium weekend.
A number of sites are reporting that it will be over the next few days, yes. I don't really see why it's taken this long, the first decision last year was done much sooner, by now we were onto choosing the replacement for BMW. Though admittedly the first choice last year did just seem to be whichever three teams would follow Max the closest.

Roamy
26th August 2010, 05:59
In a perfect world Epsilion merges with HrT Keep Sergio Rinland and JV gets the new entry.

VkmSpouge
26th August 2010, 11:24
In a perfect world Epsilion merges with HrT Keep Sergio Rinland and JV gets the new entry.

There have been some rumours of that in the past few days, with Epsilon contacting Hispania about this possibility. It would probably be better that way as combining the two operations should provide a stronger entry (rather like Villeneuve and Durango combining their bids).

steveaki13
29th August 2010, 15:34
Still no news, when oh when.....

Nikki Katz
29th August 2010, 16:13
That's weird. Maybe Jacques' bribe cheque hasn't cleared yet.

ioan
29th August 2010, 16:23
Still no news, when oh when.....

They just do not care. Sad, really sad. :(

veeten
29th August 2010, 19:40
No, they're just a bit more cautious than the previous regiem was when it came to new teams. They won't be swayed by big names and 'special favors' that turn into vaporware and false promises. After the embarassment that was USF1 and the headache of Stephan GP, I can understand the willingness to see if the total committment of future entrants is real, from the start of next season all the way through '12.

ioan
29th August 2010, 21:55
No, they're just a bit more cautious than the previous regiem was when it came to new teams. They won't be swayed by big names and 'special favors' that turn into vaporware and false promises. After the embarassment that was USF1 and the headache of Stephan GP, I can understand the willingness to see if the total committment of future entrants is real, from the start of next season all the way through '12.

The next season starts in 6 months, how are the new entrants supposed to build a F1 level car by then if today they do not even know if they will have the right to take part in the championship?!
Making a choice so late does hurt the chances of the new team to make it to the first race.

steveaki13
29th August 2010, 23:45
If a new team is even selected now they will struggle to develop a decent car and after a few races will be getting the same bashing as the 3 new teams this year. Its not fair.

maximilian
30th August 2010, 02:20
Absolutely idiotic system, process, and execution.

Abolish the franchise system NOW!! :mad:

ioan
30th August 2010, 18:05
I'll go as far as saying that Todt is proving to be worse then Max.
Sure he doesn't mix in everything like Max used to, however that must be because he simply does nothing. :\

DazzlaF1
30th August 2010, 23:42
Absolutely idiotic system, process, and execution.

Abolish the franchise system NOW!! :mad:

Agreed, this is getting a bit ridick now.

The FIA cannot possibly look at Lotus and say "if they can do it all in 5 months, then so can anybody", when will they learn that is not true. Lotus was a unique case.