PDA

View Full Version : TRD3 Corner Cutting-Poll

tannat
7th March 2007, 22:25
I'm not being prompted for a poll in the 'New Thread' menu, so I'll just do it this way:

Corner Cutting on TRD3. Do you find it's enforcement:

Realistic
Unrealistic
Hitlerian
No Opinion

My answer resembles a guy of short stature with facil hair and a fondness for bratwurst!

Hope they get it better (or eliminate it) for TRD4..

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2007, 22:47
Unrealistic
Hitlerian

I find it annoying most of the time when I'm on a hot lap, but when you do a very fast lap without getting a warning it's very satisfying.

It isn't as bad in the races as it is in qualifying and time trial.

harvick#1
7th March 2007, 23:34
unrealistic

espcially if you barely overshoot the corner, get into the grass alittle, and accuses you of corner cutting. some tracks are heavily enforced (hockingheim espcially) and some are barely enforced

racer69
8th March 2007, 07:27
Yeah it's pretty bad.

In the TRD3 DTM i'm likely to not enforce it's use, rather stick to the usual forum practice of the 'two wheels on track at all times' code :)

SanjayKumar
8th March 2007, 08:26
unrealistic...on my practice laps with it on, i got warnings way too much.

maxu05
8th March 2007, 09:28
Not very realistic. I hate when you get a bit loose, but hang onto it, touch the grass and get a warning ? They should fix it for TRD4, or scrap it altogether IMO.

52Paddy
8th March 2007, 09:43
I hate it. Both unrealistic and annoying (hitlerian).

Brown, Jon Brow
8th March 2007, 10:08
I hate it. Both unrealistic and annoying (hitlerian).

He didn't aquire the name Paddy black flag' Cummins for nothing. :laugh:

johnny shell
8th March 2007, 18:42
they don't need to scrap it, you can just turn it off you know

jso1985
8th March 2007, 18:48
unrealistic, if you go wide on a turn and loose about 5 secs how can you be cutting track???
but the careless driving rules are even worse

tannat
9th March 2007, 05:45
they don't need to scrap it, you can just turn it off you know

But not on time trial mode...

Peter Vuko
9th March 2007, 08:02
I think the corner cutting on time trial is a good idea tostop people from "shortening" the tracks - remember TRD 2!! It's a shame they allowed the boosts to be used on time trial though - its spoilt a great idea. In the V8's I will be turning the corner cutting off at most tracks because it can be inaccurate in assessing an advantage has been taken. The dangerous driving is even worse - that will be turned off for every event in the V8's.

chrisfinch
9th March 2007, 11:03
Unrealistic, probably not Hitlerian, but inconsistent. Check what I posted five minutes ago.

I don't get how you can get penalised for going wide at a corner and dragging it back, but you can sometimes blatantly cut the corners (only as an experiment you understand) such as that chicane before the last turn without getting done.

PiotrB
9th March 2007, 22:55
Corner cutting in TRD3 is good in Time Trial because it's almost impossible to cut corner and gain advantage.

Adam Sloma
9th March 2007, 23:20
The flag system on TRD3 is not perfect. You get flag, not when you get off, but when you come back on the road. And if you dont back on the road before finish line, your time will be accepted. Fortunatelly, this can be useful onyl on 3 tracks: Bedford Autodrome North Circuit, Bedford Autodrome East Circuit and Snetterton.

52Paddy
10th March 2007, 12:06
He didn't aquire the name Paddy black flag' Cummins for nothing. :laugh:

Very true ;)

RaikkonenRules
10th March 2007, 12:09
Hate it., hate it, hate it :mad: Can't even put a tyre wrong on some tracks. I like to use all the track in some corners and this stuipid unfair rule won't let me.