PDA

View Full Version : AFS/Andretti to go full time in 2011

MDS
3rd August 2010, 22:41
It's up on Indycar.com that Gary Peterson is going to go full time next year in the ICS with a s single car effort in conjunction with Andretti Autosport.

He bought the Vision car that ran second at Kentucky last year and that's what Adam Carroll will be driving next year. Hopefully there will be an announcement before the end of the year.

http://indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/38914-peterson-explores-entries-in-both-series/

Scotty G.
4th August 2010, 00:21
Adam Carroll is likely to be the driver.

TURN3
4th August 2010, 00:31
Although RHR's full-time ride didn't come to fruition until halfway through the season, I think AA with Michael at the helm is seeing the light. 2 years in a row, 2 quality drivers to build the team back up with. Now to rid themselves of the 2 worthless drivers....ehhhh....Marco isn't going anywhere, nevermind.

NaBUru38
6th August 2010, 16:54
Why don't Penske (with help from De Ferran Dragon) and Ganassi (Schmidt?) do the same as Andretti with AFS? They should hire the best drivers into Indy Lights, then give them "semi-works" entries in IndyCar.

glauistean
13th August 2010, 17:17
It would be nice to have an Irishman in the Indycar racing league.

glauistean
13th August 2010, 17:22
An Irishman at last in the Indycar league. Derek would have been a great driver if he were given the opportunity.

He got Candy as his sponsor or Williams would have dropped him. Many times he was out pacing Rosberg with Williams at the time was the big Brit name in the series and Rosberg has more experience.F1 I am speaking of.

Otto-Matic
15th August 2010, 14:04
Even thou he's not an American (which, yes, the series needs more of), Adam is a very qualified driver. I'll take a foreign born driver with legit talent any day. It's the ride buyers, regardless of nationality, that I cant stand.

gm99
16th August 2010, 20:39
An Irishman at last in the Indycar league. Derek would have been a great driver if he were given the opportunity.

He got Candy as his sponsor or Williams would have dropped him. Many times he was out pacing Rosberg with Williams at the time was the big Brit name in the series and Rosberg has more experience.F1 I am speaking of.

Even though this probably belongs in the F1 history and nostalgia section, I would be interested in some examples of "the many times" Daly was supposedly out-pacing his team-mate Rosberg at Williams. In the twelve races they drove together at Williams, Rosberg out-qualified Daly 11-1, finished every race in which both drivers were still running at the finish ahead of him and outscored him by 36-8 points. Oh yeah, and Rosberg became world champion, while Daly ended up in 13th place in the final standings (to be fair, Daly only joined Williams for the fifth race of the season).

And Rosberg didn't have that much more F1 experience at that time, either: Prior to 1982, he had started 36 Grand Prix, Daly 34, with both of them having made their debut in 1978.

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2010, 07:08
Derek Daly would be the first one to tell you he wasn't as good as Keke Rosberg glauistean, he isn't a vain or silly man. He was competitive in the mid field of F1 and when he came over here, he was the same in Indy Car. Good..not great....

NaBUru38
17th August 2010, 20:54
What I tried to describe as "semi-works team" is written in English as "satellite team".