3rd August 2010, 17:10
Who?

Francesco Dracone!

Euro Formula 3000
Starts - 51
Wins - 0
Poles - 0
Fastest laps - 0
Best finish - 7th in 2009 (out of 8 drivers!!!!)

anthonyvop
3rd August 2010, 17:24
Who?

Francesco Dracone!

Euro Formula 3000
Starts - 51
Wins - 0
Poles - 0
Fastest laps - 0

Checking account - $$$$$$!

ykiki
3rd August 2010, 17:41
Dang - at least Romancini had a couple of wins in IndyLights. FWIW, I'm sure Dracone can't be any worse than ... oh, I Duno...

Nikki Katz
3rd August 2010, 18:03
This is a mistake, they must be struggling for sponsorship. I'm almost half expecting her to be Duno pace. I'm not really a Romancini fan, but he's bound to be much better than her.

Jag_Warrior
3rd August 2010, 18:52
Bring back Tristan "Gummy Bear" Gommendy.

anthonyvop
3rd August 2010, 20:04
This is a mistake, they must be struggling for sponsorship. I'm almost half expecting her to be Duno pace. I'm not really a Romancini fan, but he's bound to be much better than her.

Francesco Dracone is a guy.

DanicaFan
3rd August 2010, 20:30
Already mentioned in this thread... Post #25... ;)

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139260

bblocker68
3rd August 2010, 21:22
Scared me. I thought Richard Milhous "Boner" Stabone was driving at first...........

SUBARUTEAM
3rd August 2010, 22:12
if it keeps the doors open at conquest racing and keeps all those guys employed and in the sport - then its a good thing.

we need all these teams to stay open until we get the new car and a level playing field in 2012

Scotty G.
3rd August 2010, 22:27
if it keeps the doors open at conquest racing and keeps all those guys employed and in the sport - then its a good thing.

How many more years are some you going to use that tired excuse?

A few of these teams either need to dump or get off the pot. Continuing to slog along from year-to-year with ride buyers who bring nothing to the sport and will never elevate the team, doesn't really do anybody any good. Sure it keeps a few mechanics and team guys employed, but other then that? Not much.

Bachelart has run his team like a rent-a-car service for years and its gotten him nowhere.

New cars aren't going to change some of these owners mindsets or skill in running a race team.

glauistean
3rd August 2010, 23:25
Francesco Dracone is a guy.

Lol, saw that too.

booger
3rd August 2010, 23:50
It just doesn't get any better than this! How do the tracks keep up with who's who in the programs? Used to be you couldn't tell the players without a program. Now you can't even with a program. Oh well who cares anyway?

Scotty G.
4th August 2010, 00:23
Oh well who cares anyway?

Probably the most sincinct and correct point made in a while. :p

TURN3
4th August 2010, 00:28
Who?

Francesco Dracone!

Euro Formula 3000
Starts - 51
Wins - 0
Poles - 0
Fastest laps - 0

These stats are eerily similiar to the racer that is today's face of Indycar...maybe not as many starts to prove worthlessness, but same end result. So if that means anything, maybe this is the next star of the series...LOL!!!

SUBARUTEAM
4th August 2010, 02:48
How many more years are some you going to use that tired excuse?

A few of these teams either need to dump or get off the pot. Continuing to slog along from year-to-year with ride buyers who bring nothing to the sport and will never elevate the team, doesn't really do anybody any good. Sure it keeps a few mechanics and team guys employed, but other then that? Not much.

Bachelart has run his team like a rent-a-car service for years and its gotten him nowhere.

New cars aren't going to change some of these owners mindsets or skill in running a race team.

just trying to keep some americans employed man, but whatever....

SoCalPVguy
4th August 2010, 04:17
Francesco Dracone replaces Romancini @ Conquest

May the bringer of the biggest check drive.

What a joke.

SUBARUTEAM
4th August 2010, 05:14
and how does that differ to 3/4s of the existing field (bot indycar and F1)?

anthonyvop
4th August 2010, 05:32
and how does that differ to 3/4s of the existing field (bot indycar and F1)?

In F-1 there are but a few who are true ride buyers. And even those have some talent. Petrov comes to mind. Even Chandock and Senna are capable drivers. Not top tier but not an embarrassment.

maxmach
4th August 2010, 06:08
Well well, maybe Milka will have some competition......maybe lots of people will have handling issues....or tissue issues or checkbook issues or or .....whatever

I am evil Homer
4th August 2010, 09:36
Certainly better than 90% of the IndyCar field

gm99
4th August 2010, 10:00
Certainly better than 90% of the IndyCar field

And what brings you to the conclusion that only two drivers (which ones, by the way) in the current field are better than Dracone, who has failed to get as much as a single podium in years of Italian F3 and F3000 (neither of which is known to be exactly the pinnacle of ladder series)?

Apart from Duno, I can't think of a single driver in the Indy Field with a worse pedigree than him.

TURN3
4th August 2010, 14:46
Apart from Duno, I can't think of a single driver in the Indy Field with a worse pedigree than him.

I'm not advocating this driver in any way but, from the minimal info I've gathered from this board, the stats are NO WORSE than numerous drivers in the field. That isn't good of course but that is the point of where we are in terms of driver talent these days. As I referred to a few posts ago, Princess doesn't have a pedigree much different than the few stats posted about this guy. Sorry to bring it up or point it out but that is a fact and a fact why I've been on such a bandwagon of hatred toward her celebrity for 5 years now.

As far as other drivers, I'm not sure, I haven't looked into their careers in depth. I'd be curious of drivers EJ Viso (who I think was relatively accomplised but I'm not sure) and Moraes. Every other driver seems to have at least had success in lower formulas even if they haven't carried that over to Indycar (i.e. Marco). But if Danica can go winless for a career and never really be completitive, to suddenly the face of AOW, hell anything is possible!

Dr. Krogshöj
4th August 2010, 15:19
In F-1 there are but a few who are true ride buyers. And even those have some talent. Petrov comes to mind. Even Chandock and Senna are capable drivers. Not top tier but not an embarrassment.

You forgot to mention Yamamoto... He was lapped by Senna at the Hungaroring the other day. But Senna and Petrov have very credible GP2 records. Dracone hasn't shown anything in lower formulae. People were harsh on Baguette but at least he won the the title in a prestigeous European feeder series. I expect Francesco to only beat Milka by 4.5 seconds.

glauistean
4th August 2010, 15:43
Actually, if some of you looked up some of the european press on him , he is noted as being a pretty good driver but drove inferior equipment. I belive it is La Gazetta del la Sport (sport).

As for Danicur. Well as much as Milka is parked for handling. Patrick is constantly whining on the radio about her car staying away just a tad to avoid contact.

SUBARUTEAM
4th August 2010, 22:19
i think that to fix the problem, they should apply the 107% rule at qualifing. if you can't set a time within 107% of the pole time, you don't start. of course, even at 107%, you'll be getting lapped within 15 laps.

GRW1983
5th August 2010, 14:38
i think that to fix the problem, they should apply the 107% rule at qualifing. if you can't set a time within 107% of the pole time, you don't start. of course, even at 107%, you'll be getting lapped within 15 laps.

I couldn't agree more. Duno should never be allowed to start if her times in qualy aren't within 107% of the pole time. Lets see how CITGO react if she's constantly a DNQ on every road/street track.

Also, I wonder if Dracone could spring a surprise and outqualify Danica this weekend. That would be quite funny!!! :D

GRW1983
5th August 2010, 16:25
Yes, that's exactly what we need. Her CITGO money to go away causing Coyne to close his doors. His team has only been a staunch support team through a long history in CART/CC/IRL, even recording some decent finishes.
:rolleyes:

In no way am I advocating for Dale Coyne Racing to close it's doors, as you've said they've been a staunch support team over the years and have even won a race. They have survived for so long on limited budgets and that is a credit to them. I just hope that Dale Coyne is working on finding a budget to run a two car team next year without Milka Duno. Make do with her this year, if her money is keeping the team afloat and safeguarding jobs.

However, to build for the future, run a young American alongside Alex Lloyd next year (JR Hildebrand springs to mind) and try and get the Boy Scouts sponsorship increased. Even if budgets are tight, surely there are better ride-buyers out there than running Milka Duno. Someone like Baguette or Romancini would be a vast improvement over what Duno brings in terms of driving talent.

Dr. Krogshöj
5th August 2010, 19:40
In no way am I advocating for Dale Coyne Racing to close it's doors, as you've said they've been a staunch support team over the years and have even won a race. They have survived for so long on limited budgets and that is a credit to them. I just hope that Dale Coyne is working on finding a budget to run a two car team next year without Milka Duno. Make do with her this year, if her money is keeping the team afloat and safeguarding jobs.

However, to build for the future, run a young American alongside Alex Lloyd next year (JR Hildebrand springs to mind) and try and get the Boy Scouts sponsorship increased. Even if budgets are tight, surely there are better ride-buyers out there than running Milka Duno. Someone like Baguette or Romancini would be a vast improvement over what Duno brings in terms of driving talent.

As far as I know, there is no "Boy Scouts sponsorship" as such. It's just a partnership because Dale wants to create publicity for this cause, but the budget comes from CITGO. What someone should explain to me is why CITGO wants Milka in the car? Are they not unpopular enough in the USA without her? Why not EJ Viso? Pastor Maldonado might be available next year too, he's leading the GP2 series but graduating to F1 is doubtful for him. Even Rodolfo Gonzalez (GP2 backmarker) or Alex Garcia (former Atlantics backmarker) would be better options than Milka when it comes to Venezuelan drivers.

Mark in Oshawa
5th August 2010, 20:02
Yes, that's exactly what we need. Her CITGO money to go away causing Coyne to close his doors. His team has only been a staunch support team through a long history in CART/CC/IRL, even recording some decent finishes.
:rolleyes:

This is the whole reason Coyne has her on the team. That said, This next nobody with limited talent and a check isn't much better.

Coyne has to decide at some point, is it better to be a real race team, or just keep the doors open?

Last year, he won a race with Justin Wilson. How could he not build on that?

chuck34
5th August 2010, 20:44
What someone should explain to me is why CITGO wants Milka in the car?

Married to the CFO, or some other "high up".

Scotty G.
5th August 2010, 21:54
Coyne has to decide at some point, is it better to be a real race team, or just keep the doors open?

We agree again, Mark!

We all admire Dale and his efforts over the years. But after close to 20 years of owning cars in Indy Cars, isn't about time he either get serious and try and actually COMPETE or go away?

The "poor Dale" routine needs to stop. The guy has got a TON of money and there is no excuse for him to continually have to take on ride buying hacks just "to keep the doors open" from year-to-year.

Go find the money and hire a driver or drivers that will make your team improve and make the series more interesting, marketable and sellable in the USA. Or go find something else to do.

garyshell
6th August 2010, 01:42
We agree again, Mark!

We all admire Dale and his efforts over the years. But after close to 20 years of owning cars in Indy Cars, isn't about time he either get serious and try and actually COMPETE or go away?

The "poor Dale" routine needs to stop. The guy has got a TON of money and there is no excuse for him to continually have to take on ride buying hacks just "to keep the doors open" from year-to-year.

Go find the money and hire a driver or drivers that will make your team improve and make the series more interesting, marketable and sellable in the USA. Or go find something else to do.

You make it sound so easy. When Roger Penske is operating without major sponsorship, in this economy, where the hell do you expect Dale to magically find a sponsor?

You and SoCalPVguy should team up and run the whole damn series and teams. You guys seem to have all the answers.

Gary

anthonyvop
6th August 2010, 02:30
Married to the CFO, or some other "high up".

She is not married.

Jag_Warrior
6th August 2010, 05:42
AFAIK, Milka has NEVER been married. Where does this persistent rumor that she's married to a Citgo exec come from?

Mark in Oshawa
6th August 2010, 06:14
We agree again, Mark!

Dale is poor Scott. The man started by running a stock block V8 in a 5 year old car and I didn't see him find the pot of gold under any rainbow.

Of course, you must work for the IRS I guess and can say otherwise but I am calling you out on that one.

I am saying Dale needs to either find a real driver and sponsor or just give it up. Running retreads and Milka to keep the doors open is just not worth it....

Unlike you Scott, I know damned well Dale is likely doing this to keep the doors open....I just think it is an insult to the sport and to Dale himself.

He was a gutsy independent when he raced and he built something...but I shudder when I see what he is doing now...things are BAD...

NaBUru38
6th August 2010, 16:43
Francesco Dracone career at Euroseries 3000:
o- 2006: 23rd with no points, best finish 8th out of 14
o- 2007: 22nd with 2 points, best finishes 6th out of 12 in a sprint race and 8th out of 11 in a feature race.
o- 2008: 18th with 7 points, best finish 5th out of 11 in a sprint race
o- 2009: 7th with 15 points, best finishes 5th out of 8

glauistean
6th August 2010, 16:44
We agree again, Mark!

Are you now Dale Coyne's banker. How do you or anyone in this chatroom know how much money he has. It's none of your business and the fact that every year he has fielded two cars for the most part should be admired not ridiculed.

He does not have the luxury of a 400,000 sq ft facility like Penske. 400,000. Unreal and he (Penske) whines about sponsorship.

Send a letter to Dale and tell him to close his small shop along interstate 80 because he is not fielding good enough drivers like Romancini or Mario or Marco Andretti with all the sponsorship he has.

glauistean
6th August 2010, 16:49
As far as I know, there is no "Boy Scouts sponsorship" as such. It's just a partnership because Dale wants to create publicity for this cause, but the budget comes from CITGO. What someone should explain to me is why CITGO wants Milka in the car? Are they not unpopular enough in the USA without her? Why not EJ Viso? Pastor Maldonado might be available next year too, he's leading the GP2 series but graduating to F1 is doubtful for him. Even Rodolfo Gonzalez (GP2 backmarker) or Alex Garcia (former Atlantics backmarker) would be better options than Milka when it comes to Venezuelan drivers.

Who says they are unpopular and why?

TURN3
6th August 2010, 17:47
I do and I'll walk before I'll buy CITCO gas so long as Chavez is in charge.

I'll second that also!!

chuck34
6th August 2010, 21:26
AFAIK, Milka has NEVER been married. Where does this persistent rumor that she's married to a Citgo exec come from?

I heard that from fairly reliable sources a few years ago. I had/have no reason not to believe them. Doing a quick internet search turns up that she's either married to Felix Rodrigues (former President of Citgo), or she isn't married at all. So .... ???

glauistean
6th August 2010, 23:07
I do and I'll walk before I'll buy CITCO gas so long as Chavez is in charge.

Why do you, the moderator have to bring the President of a country into the realm of a forum. Not very bright of you.You shut one down recently for that very reason. Does that make you a hypo.... naw, I won't say it. It's moot.

Tell me, what has Chavez done to make you so angry as to prevent you from buying his oil?

That he has brought countries like Bolivia from the dregs of poverty to a stable economy? Brazil getting help to modernize their infrastucture, Paraguay coming into the world economy as a 1st world country.

Being the first country to offer aid to NO after Katrina.

I'm really curious if this is your right wing politcs talking or, and this is beyond me, something he has done with racing.

anthonyvop
6th August 2010, 23:13
I heard that from fairly reliable sources a few years ago. I had/have no reason not to believe them. Doing a quick internet search turns up that she's either married to Felix Rodrigues (former President of Citgo), or she isn't married at all. So .... ???

Please indulge us with a link to a site that claims Milka is married or was married to Felix Rodriguez

chuck34
8th August 2010, 17:37
Please indulge us with a link to a site that claims Milka is married or was married to Felix Rodriguez

Can't. I did a Google seach for Milka Duno Married. One of the results was for an Indy Star article. The discription said she was married to him. But the link is dead. I'm not fighting this one too hard. Like I said, I've heard this several times from people I have no reason not to believe, but if it's not true then it's not true. No skin off my nose.

anthonyvop
8th August 2010, 17:48
Can't. I did a Google seach for Milka Duno Married. One of the results was for an Indy Star article. The discription said she was married to him. But the link is dead. I'm not fighting this one too hard. Like I said, I've heard this several times from people I have no reason not to believe, but if it's not true then it's not true. No skin off my nose.

FWI: Milka is not married. I know her Boyfriend and he is a journalist from Argentina.