PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fleck??

HAYLE recovery
7th March 2007, 19:05
Does anybody know if Steve Fleck is competing this year, didnt see him on Epynt, and his website is no longer valid?

MadCat
7th March 2007, 19:36
I think his injuries from his accident have taken longer to heal than first thought.

Nick98
8th March 2007, 00:17
Hi
As Madcat says the injuries he suffered on Epynt last year were severe (broke his arm in 17 places) and it has taken a long time to heal - to the point that some of the breaks are not yet mended properly.

He was entered for Sunseeker in a hire car (last minute entry) but just physically wasn't up to it and so didn't start.

On top of that he has sold his S8 to me and his S9 to Melvyn Evans and so is carless at the moment (hence the hire car) but he is in the process of building a new S9 from scratch to use later this year when his arm is better and his confidence back.

In the meantime I wish him well for a full recovery.

Nick

306 Cosworth
8th March 2007, 10:43
Sounds good about the new S9 he is building. Hopefully he will be back this year, hopefully he'll be at the Castle Combe Rallyday again for abit of practice in the new car?

P.S I like the S9 Spoiler on your S8 ;)

HAYLE recovery
8th March 2007, 12:11
When did he have his accident? I thought it was early last year, ive seen him on events since then he was at the Tour of Cornwall back in March, nearly won that event but for road penalties.

306 Cosworth
8th March 2007, 15:43
This it was in August the accident happened but don't hold me to that! All I know is, it was on epynt!

Nick98
8th March 2007, 20:09
Sounds good about the new S9 he is building. Hopefully he will be back this year, hopefully he'll be at the Castle Combe Rallyday again for abit of practice in the new car?

P.S I like the S9 Spoiler on your S8 ;)

Well I am new here but from that user ID I think you must be Andy ;) Either way then thanks - I am working on the principal that it is the only bit the MSA are yet to ban!! Firstly K37 and the impact on your car, our diffs etc plus what with all the hassle on Mewla last weekend I think someone needs a dose of reality!

306 Cosworth
8th March 2007, 20:17
I'm not Mr Burton ;)

Nick98
8th March 2007, 22:35
Well - thats confused me then :confused:

m.lowe
8th March 2007, 23:25
Sorry for being thick but who are you then Nick?
I thought Melvyns car was a McKinstry S9

Nick98
9th March 2007, 08:41
Sorry for being thick but who are you then Nick?
I thought Melvyns car was a McKinstry S9

I co-drive for Will Nicholls in X14 SRT. As for Melvyns S9 then it is his - he part exchanged X15 SRT with Steve just before Christmas for it. The S9 was the one that Steve used for most of last year until he crashed on Epynt, he then rebuilt it and sold it on. Melvyn has since converted it to RHD.

Hope that clears things up?

Nick

VodkaKick3
14th March 2007, 12:04
So you own the Car Nick, Not Will

dcr22B
15th March 2007, 08:46
Now I'm confused!

Steve's car was X14 SRT (ex-Pirelli test car). Melvyn Evans then buys it from him and re-registers it as S90 WRT (the reg number of the ex-KPL car but later taken over by George Cullen who re-registers it as S17 GGC and who still retains it).

The mind boggles! Obviously, Georrge must have sold the reg number to Melvyn!

millbrook
15th March 2007, 09:36
Hi Nick,

Will you compete in the Monteberg Sprint this year?

I co-drive for Will Nicholls in X14 SRT. As for Melvyns S9 then it is his - he part exchanged X15 SRT with Steve just before Christmas for it. The S9 was the one that Steve used for most of last year until he crashed on Epynt, he then rebuilt it and sold it on. Melvyn has since converted it to RHD.

Hope that clears things up?

Nick

Nick98
1st April 2007, 10:06
dcr22b - you are correct !! That is just what happened.

Millbrook - yes will be there in May all being well (Somerset is on the 21st April so barring expensive disaster that is !!)

Nick

Germantrack
18th February 2008, 11:19
Hello folks,
I am a UK magazine journalist and track day organiser .
I have lost my contact details for Steve Fleck, and would like to get in touch with him ASAP.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Phil