PDA

View Full Version : Four weeks...

veeten
1st August 2010, 14:59
Can you deal with it?...

Dave B
1st August 2010, 15:02
I can: I've got a rather busy few weeks coming up and certain events were planned well in advance to take advantage of the break ;)

VkmSpouge
1st August 2010, 15:10
Well, I'm used to huge breaks in championship seasons (thank you, BTCC) but this year the championship is very enthralling so it will make the wait for the next race feel longer.

christophulus
1st August 2010, 15:11
It would be better if the WMSC meeting was over the break and we had a definitive answer on the Ferrari thing before we get back going. But I'll cope, the football's back on next week.

truefan72
1st August 2010, 15:17
it will be tough

steveaki13
1st August 2010, 15:23
I will have to watch some of the Old Grand Prix I have to see me through.

ioan
1st August 2010, 16:40
Can you deal with it?...

The next 3 week ends I am off to holiday, so yep it is rather easy, plus I already missed 2 races this season without any regrets.

Rollo
1st August 2010, 21:23
Being winter and just 1°C in our front room last night, I think that a wait four weeks until the next GP arrives in spring is a good idea.

Saint Devote
1st August 2010, 21:29
Mark Webber definitely will have a great 4 weeks!

The only driver to win more than 2 races this season so far and FOUR of them, as well as leading the championship by outdriving EVERYONE today in the most impressive way possible?

Webbers long time supporters will positively glow with happiness for the next few weeks. Well done to your driver - aint it sweet when after so long a struggle things begin to go ao well :-]

555-04Q2
2nd August 2010, 06:09
Yes, it will be less likely that some people here will b!tch like a bunch of school girls about the race weekend.

Ari
2nd August 2010, 06:32
Mark Webber definitely will have a great 4 weeks!

The only driver to win more than 2 races this season so far and FOUR of them, as well as leading the championship by outdriving EVERYONE today in the most impressive way possible?

Webbers long time supporters will positively glow with happiness for the next few weeks. Well done to your driver - aint it sweet when after so long a struggle things begin to go ao well :-]

:D :D :D

It's such a nice feeling.

Bettered only by the fact I got on Mark at VERY long odds at the start of the season.

Big Ben
2nd August 2010, 07:08
:D :D :D

It's such a nice feeling.

Bettered only by the fact I got on Mark at VERY long odds at the start of the season.

Perhaps this break will help RBR staff decide who they should support. I don't get why they insist on supporting SV over MW. It's now the second race, at least, MW won even though he wasn't supposed to.

BT46B
2nd August 2010, 07:44
Can you deal with it?...

NO!!! I hate the break!

Mark
2nd August 2010, 08:07
It's a decent idea for the team personel, especially the 2 week enforced factory closures. Yes, they are highly paid people, most of them (not all of them), but many will have families too and no amount of money makes up from being able to spend time with your kids in the summer holidays.

Rusty Spanner
2nd August 2010, 08:32
4 weeks aren’t going to be hard to fill.
NHRA at Brainerd.
The European Drag Racing championship at Hockenheim
NASCAR at Watkins Glen, Michigan and the Bristol night race.
So plenty of on track action to enjoy.

Plus the chances of F1 being out of the headlines for 4 weeks I’d imagine are slim. Something is bound to happen. If it doesn’t Bernie will just have to phone up a journo and say something stupid to provoke a reaction.

Mark
2nd August 2010, 08:33
4 weeks aren’t going to be hard to fill.
NHRA at Brainerd.
The European Drag Racing championship at Hockenheim
NASCAR at Watkins Glen, Michigan and the Bristol night race.
So plenty of on track action to enjoy.

Plus the chances of F1 being out of the headlines for 4 weeks I’d imagine are slim. Something is bound to happen. If it doesn’t Bernie will just have to phone up a journo and say something stupid to provoke a reaction.

Button is doing a triathlon in London, as the BBC were at great pains to point out on Sunday.

pino
2nd August 2010, 08:55
Stupid calender, I had to miss Hungary due to WRC event in Finland and now 4 weeks break :down: At least I didn't miss the forums at all :p :

Mark
2nd August 2010, 09:25
If it's any help I tend to think of it as 3 weeks, as there are three weekends without a grand prix!

wedge
2nd August 2010, 13:42
Pfffft

The interweb is fantastic resource for all manner and types of racing. My bookmarks reads like my music collection

AJP
10th August 2010, 04:59
I'm already having withdrawal symptoms.....

wmcot
10th August 2010, 06:55
Being winter and just 1°C in our front room last night, I think that a wait four weeks until the next GP arrives in spring is a good idea.

You could close the door! :)

Saint Devote
12th August 2010, 00:39
Button is doing a triathlon in London, as the BBC were at great pains to point out on Sunday.

Last year he finished second overall - I think he won the swimming part or the running??!

His chosen charity is the "Make A Wish" Foundation.

Into the cold water of the London Docklands with around 500 others will Jenson go representing FORMULA ONE :D

What a pity Lewis is such a whimp!

Last year his race engineer Shov and assistant RE Bono did the smaller triathlon on the same weekend - Jense got some others too motivated to train and compete while he was at Honda / Brawn.

Saint Devote
15th August 2010, 03:43
Interesting that Webber at the British GP disclosed that he has begun to do Jense's little trick - reading the pit boards of those drivers he is racing against.

Jenson is not very talkative over the radio during a race and reads the different pitboards in order to know where people are relative to him.

It explains how when he does communicate via radio he already knows where the other drivers are.

Aint Jense just mega :-]

Saint Devote
17th August 2010, 11:57
And there was me thinking most drivers did that? :laugh:
Yeah Jenson is mega and I wonder if any of the other drivers will think to read others pit boards from now on? *Places head in hands* :p

Well obviously - once a again you miss the point.

It explains how, when Jense does initiate radio communication he is aware of where all the other relevant drivers are and discusses options with his re.

Dave B
17th August 2010, 12:13
That's nothing, I heard that Hamilton races with a Kangaroo TV taped to the steering wheel, and the live timing app running on an iPad perched on his lap. :p

steveaki13
25th August 2010, 20:21
Well actually those four weeks for me have flown by and the wait was quite painless. Albeit I have watched about Old 25 Grand Prix since Hungary, so maybe thats why.

Whatever though the Belgium GP is nigh on here. Hoorah!

veeten
27th August 2010, 13:49
See, I knew we could make it through. :)

On with the racing. :D