PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Hungary

Rollo
1st August 2010, 14:42
For my money it has to be Kobayashi: 23rd to 9th.

That includes passing a works Mercedes with a seven time champion driving it... of sorts.

Mark
1st August 2010, 14:43
Mark Webber for doing everything right! Honourable mention for Barichello for nearly being wiped out by Schumacher but making it stick!

Dave B
1st August 2010, 14:44
That was pretty impressive from the young Japanese, he'd worked his way up to 15th by the end of lap one!

Webber gets it though, for managing his tyres for so long and having enough of a winning margin that his team mate's drive through would have been irelevant.

Honourable mention to Senna for lapping his team mate, I can't remember the last time that happenned when both drivers were on the same strategy and neither had a technical issue.

christophulus
1st August 2010, 14:46
Webber definitely, fastest car and took full advantage. Barrichello too for having the balls not to back out when Schumacher tried to kill him.

VkmSpouge
1st August 2010, 14:47
I would go for Vitaly Petrov, he looked good all weekend, out qualified Robert Kubica and then was clearly best of the rest today getting an excellent 5th.
I have to say it was a good day for the rookies with Nico Hulkenberg getting a fine 6th and Kamui Kobayashi coming from the back of the grid to take 9th place.

Hawkmoon
1st August 2010, 14:51
Webber. His drive was a little reminiscent of Schumi's drive here in 1998.

BDunnell
1st August 2010, 14:51
Other than the winner, Petrov was notable. He could be one to watch.

wedge
1st August 2010, 14:52
Petrov

Kobay

Alonso used some tactical lines to keep off Vettel, especially when he lapped Trulli.

Webber - pfffft. Had the best car, Alonso held up Vettel and Vettel gifted Webber the win. Would love to see Webber pull out a 20s lead on Vettel had Vettel not had the penalty.

christophulus
1st August 2010, 14:54
Petrov and Hulkenberg have been excellent all weekend, outclassing their more experienced team mates. Hopefully they'll be around for a few years to come.

ioan
1st August 2010, 14:54
For my money it has to be Kobayashi: 23rd to 9th.

That includes passing a works Mercedes with a seven time champion driving it... of sorts.

Agreed.
With Webber a close 2nd.

truefan72
1st August 2010, 15:00
Webber- outstanding post SC pace, deserved the victory
Petrov- best drive of his Career
Kobayashi - last to 9th

Vivid
1st August 2010, 15:06
Webber, fantastic. Deserves to be World Champion this year and don't know why is second in Red Bull.

Alonso, second best for being able to block Vettel for so long with a slower car.

steveaki13
1st August 2010, 15:14
Webber: Pushed hard and a good win.
Petrov: A fine race and 5th place
Kobayashi: 23rd to 9th.
Senna: Ahead of a Virgin and Teammate.

Tazio
1st August 2010, 15:21
I'm giving it to Massa for a flawless race at the scene of his accident last year.
Nice drive Felipe :up:

Retro Formula 1
1st August 2010, 15:27
Kobayashi - last to 9th

What ^^ he ^^ said :up:

gm99
1st August 2010, 15:30
Kobayashi - last to 9th

Those three would be my choices as well, and I would throw in Hülkenberg as well.

Ent
1st August 2010, 15:36
Webber did well, but he was in the fastest car and there were others further down who deserve it more.

I'd give it to Petrov and Hulkenburg for outperforming their more respected team-mates and scoring great 5th and 6th places respectively. Also, great drive by Kobayashi. I've been waiting a long time for a good Japanese driver to arrive in F1, so I'm enjoying Kobayashi's driving a lot.

truefan72
1st August 2010, 17:01
Petrov

Kobay

Alonso used some tactical lines to keep off Vettel, especially when he lapped Trulli.

Webber - pfffft. Had the best car, Alonso held up Vettel and Vettel gifted Webber the win. Would love to see Webber pull out a 20s lead on Vettel had Vettel not had the penalty. probably would have come close, he had softs that were working like magic and vettel was still falling behind on the fresher hards. trust me pulling out that gap with older softs and setting faster times lap after lap while negotiating through traffic is impressive. Best car or not, there is a certain element of a driver that accounts for differences right ;)

edv
1st August 2010, 17:45
Barrichello - He had the most effective opening lap charge. And he didn't back down from the Big Chop when it counted most.

Ari
2nd August 2010, 01:00
Webber for mine just over Alonso.

Honourable mention to Kobayashi for a great drive through the field.

Also a mention to Rubens for holding his cool against chaos.

bluegem280
2nd August 2010, 10:13
Mark Webber, on redbull he had what it takes though.
Fernando, twice he could give correct counterbalance on how could he manage to hold off the speed of two different redbulls.
Honorable mention to midfield players such as Pedro and Hulkenberg.

aryan
3rd August 2010, 01:10
Mark it is for me.

A very close second is Kamui. I'm really warming up to this boy.

Honourable mention to Nico and Vitaly. Both were good today.