PDA

View Full Version : X Games 16

Zeakiwi
1st August 2010, 03:56
Who won this year ? What is the back ground of Verdier ?

janvanvurpa
1st August 2010, 06:08

Latvala.
Verdier is French living in SoCal

jonas_mcrae
1st August 2010, 22:54
Latvala LOL

I think foust won both rally and super rally

ProRally
2nd August 2010, 07:23
Latvala LOL

Yes, Tanner won both and I am proud he ran the nr 34 !!!!!

janvanvurpa
2nd August 2010, 18:41
Latvala LOL

Does that mean he's the Wörlds Champignon?

Super rally sounds like its bigger than mere World rally Champioonship, is that why Blockie always competes under Super Rally rules?

jonas_mcrae
4th August 2010, 02:47
as I understand super rally is more like mario cart, you can take short cuts and leave banana peals for the cars behind you so they skid and become icicles....

I think Block struggles in WRC because he cant find the turtle shell canyon in his focus!

L5->R5/CR
6th August 2010, 05:35

Verdier used to be a down hill skier, did a lot of skier cross back in the day.

He spent about 4 years campaigning a Subaru WRX in the US production GT class (essentially a stock WRX) and was competitive, won events when the class had reasonable competition.

He also works as a driver for a couple of different driving experience programs in the US.

He got into drifting in about 2006ish. In 2007 he built a WRX drift car and has been running in the Formula D drift series, he has done pretty well in the STi in RWD form, including winning an event. After the beginning of the 2008 Rally America season he has been more or less out of rallying. A heavy damage off at an event put his team on the sidelines until the end of the year at which point the team brought a different driver in for a one off drive on the team's home event.