PDA

View Full Version : countdown to Rubens Barrichello 300th grand prix in Belgium

CNR
29th July 2010, 23:46
http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/drivers/8/

Signs for the Jordan team and makes his debut at the South African Grand Prix. Scores his first points with fifth place at the penultimate round in Japan.

i would like to see him do well for the 300th race

can we not turn this into another Ferrari bashing thread
we all know that his stats would be alot better apart from 1 team

Mysterious Rock
30th July 2010, 09:16
It says he done 300 already?

Dave B
30th July 2010, 09:18
we all know that his stats would be alot better apart from 1 team
You mean if the Cosworth in the back of his Stewart didn't keep detonating? :p

steveaki13
31st July 2010, 12:17
:s Right I am not 100% but I have tried to work this out.

From his debut in 1993 to and including this weeks GP in Hungary 2010.

Race Weekends attended: 300

Then maybe people can help me. If it classes as Races weekends entered then I make this Hungarian GP his 300th race, however looking through records, there are 6 races which have questions over them.

1994 San Marino GP: Accident in Practice did not take any further part.

1998 Belgian GP: Did not start second and actual race after accident damage in 1st race pile up.

1999 Spanish GP: Disqualified

2002 Spanish GP: Did not start after problem on Warm Up Lap.

2002 French GP: Did not start after problem on Warm Up Lap.

2008 Australian GP: Disqualified

So do these 6 races count as Grand Prix if so its 300 GP's this weekend. If these do not count its

294 GP's

Any ideas how it works out? :s

VkmSpouge
31st July 2010, 12:53
The disqualifications do count as having competed in races but otherwise you're right this weekend will not be his 300th grand prix, that should be in Japan assuming he starts the next 5 races.

Dave B
31st July 2010, 14:00
If you remember the Indy/Michelin debacle, cars were classified as "starting" so long as they took part in the parade lap.

So by my reckoning even races from which Rubens was DQd or failed to start should count towards his total.

Kevincal
31st July 2010, 16:13
all those races and still hes a mediocre driver. give me a year in an f1 car and i bet ill be faster than him LOL... ;)

VkmSpouge
31st July 2010, 18:25
If you remember the Indy/Michelin debacle, cars were classified as "starting" so long as they took part in the parade lap.

So by my reckoning even races from which Rubens was DQd or failed to start should count towards his total.

I've looked at the Formula 1 website but unfortunately it is inconsistent; Barrichello withdrawing on the parade lap in Spain and France in 2002 is down as a DNS but all the Michelin runners withdrawing on the parade lap in USA 2005 are down as retirements.

steveaki13
31st July 2010, 18:52
I've looked at the Formula 1 website but unfortunately it is inconsistent; Barrichello withdrawing on the parade lap in Spain and France in 2002 is down as a DNS but all the Michelin runners withdrawing on the parade lap in USA 2005 are down as retirements.

Strange!

Clearly the same thing withdrawing on the formation lap in either case.
Doesn't make sense. :dozey:

Dave B
31st July 2010, 19:41
I wonder if the Michelin runners triggered the lap sensor when the peeled into the pits, but a retiring Rubens obviously wouldn't have. Strange indeed.

DazzlaF1
31st July 2010, 19:58

Nah the Indy 05 debacle would still count anyway, Barrichello was running on bridgestone rubber remember that day.

christophulus
31st July 2010, 21:22
1994 San Marino GP: Accident in Practice did not take any further part.

1998 Belgian GP: Did not start second and actual race after accident damage in 1st race pile up.

1999 Spanish GP: Disqualified

2002 Spanish GP: Did not start after problem on Warm Up Lap.

2002 French GP: Did not start after problem on Warm Up Lap.

2008 Australian GP: Disqualified

Personally I'd say only San Marino 94 doesn't count towards the total - he didn't even take part in qualifying. For the other five he lined up on the grid at least, so with only one missing it should be 299.

Nice work trawling through all the data though :up:

woody2goody
31st July 2010, 23:08
I guess we'll all find out soon which GP will be his 300th, but for now, I'm just going to say that he could be one of the best ever, given his consistency and ability over such a long career.

He still proves his quality at every single GP, and IMO he is possibly the best he has ever been right now, in terms of overall skill.

woody2goody
31st July 2010, 23:09
Personally I'd say only San Marino 94 doesn't count towards the total - he didn't even take part in qualifying. For the other five he lined up on the grid at least, so with only one missing it should be 299.

Doesn't being DQ'd count as a start and a DNF basically?

steveaki13
31st July 2010, 23:32

Thanks

Dave B
1st August 2010, 09:51
Nah the Indy 05 debacle would still count anyway, Barrichello was running on bridgestone rubber remember that day.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Posting from a mobile...

I meant that in the races from which Rubens did retire on the formation lap. He would never have "completed" that lap, wheras at Indy the Michelin runners completed 99% of the lap then peeled into the pits. If they crossed the timing beam in the pits they would presumably have been deemed to have "completed" that lap, and this become DNFs instead of DNSs.

My brain aches now :crazy:

VkmSpouge
1st August 2010, 11:59
The whole thing is rather confusing to be honest. The best we can say with certainty is that at some point in the next few races Rubens Barrichello will have entered and started his 300th grand prix.