PDA

View Full Version : Advance Picks ???

RaceFanStan
7th March 2007, 14:57
I just opened an email which directed a question to me which I felt I should answer here :

Would like to ask, how does it work, if your going away on holiday,
and miss the opportunity to do a pick'em for a race which is a few weeks away ?
The answer is clear to me & I hope everyone agrees.
If someone is going to be away when the race occurs & will miss posting for the Pick'em games ...
PM the game manager in advance with your picks & the game manager will post them for you. :D
A trusted friend could also post your picks for you.
Be sure to designate which races the picks are for so they are posted at the appropiate time & thread.
The picks should be posted with the clear note who the picks are for.
Please realize that early picks would be made without the benefit of an entry list.
This can only apply to the games in THIS forum.

(NOTE: The only games that couldn't be done this way would be the Cup Clash & Pick 5 games.)
(The picks for those games are set by the game managers.)

=================== pickems.info competitions ===================
I don't think Mark's NASCAR Pickems has the capability for "early" picks.
That game is posted approximately 14 days before the race deadline is to occur.
Mark's games use a drop-down format & are really easy to use.
However picking in advance for Mark's Pickems is a question that should be directed to Admin Mark.
Mention to him that you are asking about the pickems.info competitions.
=================== pickems.info competitions ===================

harvick#1
7th March 2007, 16:53
I have no problem with getting early picks from other members, I'll be glad to post them, but be sure to say what race it is :)

#6CupFan
7th March 2007, 17:40
Unfortunately Cup Clash is indeed one of those games which is impossible to pick early :(

I usually don't form my pairings until the conclusion of the previous week's race, Sunday night or Monday morning.

My suggestion for anyone playing Cup Clash that will be leaving town before this time is to ask someone to make your picks for you. If they don't use your login info, you MUST let me know that you have set this up, and who it will be posting for you.

Hopefully that will help, at least a little ;)

slorydn1
8th March 2007, 10:21
I have no problem with getting early picks from other members, I'll be glad to post them, but be sure to say what race it is :)

If i ever ask you to pick for me just make sure you pick Harvick 1st and I don't care who you put in the other 9 slots....