PDA

View Full Version : Kimi The Swooner

Tazio
7th March 2007, 13:53
If this is true I would love to see some video!
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=49746&newlang=&topic=1&catid=1
Is he planing a musical career after winning the wdc ala JV!

raphael123
7th March 2007, 13:56
I don't see why this should cause people to talk about it. It's not exactly rare for a 27yr old to do some karoke is it, or get drunk?
Probably just a rumour anyway - site not exactly what you would say is reliable, or credible.

Juppe
7th March 2007, 14:41
It seems to be true that Kimi was at a pub with his friends, but I'm under impression that nothing worth mentioning happened.

Unless, you consider worth mentioning that Kimi still goes to a pub that is ... you know ... not a very fancy one, but known to offer cheap bear just for regular Joes.

schmenke
7th March 2007, 15:26
Cripes, if Kimi farts it makes news :rolleyes: :hmph:

Garry Walker
7th March 2007, 15:54
So while Massa is training hard, kimi is away in finland getting drunk - lets see how much he enjoys this season when Massa blows him away at the first race lol

harsha
7th March 2007, 17:49
i fail to see why any of Kimi Raikkonen's personal life needs to be discussed here considering the fact that he has a life which some of the bitter members here don't

Dzeidzei
7th March 2007, 19:29
i fail to see why any of Kimi Raikkonen's personal life needs to be discussed here considering the fact that he has a life which some of the bitter members here don't

I think Ferrari should act quickly to stop Kimi doing these stupid acts. Drinking beer? Singing? WTF?

I think Ferrari should order what their drivers can say, what they can do and what kind of haircut they have.

Oh sorry, thats another team... :)

Robinho
7th March 2007, 20:02
So while Massa is training hard, kimi is away in finland getting drunk - lets see how much he enjoys this season when Massa blows him away at the first race lol

what do you suppose Kimi is doing with the rest of his time, i don't expect he's spent it all in the pub, maybe a 50/50 split between training and drinking? ;)

has Massa exclusivley been training too? no time at all with his friends, not a drop of wine with his Sunday lunch, not that would make the news though, with it not being Kimi the drunkard

by the way, what are you calling the series we know as Formula one now?

Ian McC
7th March 2007, 20:24
Hell these days I trust the Finnish press less than I do the English :D

Anyone want to pick a song that maybe a good one for him to sing? ;)

F1boat
7th March 2007, 21:26

Kimi was on testing. now he is relaxing.

futuretiger9
7th March 2007, 21:37
I just hope that his karaoke singing is slightly more expansive than his normal monotone delivery....

Tazio
8th March 2007, 00:51
Tazio, your thread should have been titled Kimi the Crooner.
The title you gave it sounds so obtuse; it leads me to believe you
Were abducted by aliens, and had your brains jettisoned at a close proximity to Uranus!
Waite as second I’m Tazio!-------Or am I?

Tazio
8th March 2007, 01:07
While on the subject (Kimi) great article from speedtv today.
I'm glad this guys on my team!
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/35827/?page=1

blakebeatty
8th March 2007, 20:31
I just hope that his karaoke singing is slightly more expansive than his normal monotone delivery....

hahaha i can't even imagine him varying his tone, let alone singing!!

PSfan
8th March 2007, 20:59
I don't see why this should cause people to talk about it. It's not exactly rare for a 27yr old to do some karoke is it, or get drunk?
Probably just a rumour anyway - site not exactly what you would say is reliable, or credible.

Well if it’s true it means Kimi’s alcoholism is much worse now

Speaking from experience, it takes very little alcohol to get me into a strip club
It takes a rather large amount to get me to sing Karaoke!!! :cheese:

BTW: I’m just thankful this thread didn’t turn into a guessing game as to what songs he sang, and a whole lot of witty suggestions that relate to Kimi in some small way

Ian McC
8th March 2007, 23:58
Well if it’s true it means Kimi’s alcoholism is much worse now

I don't think you can use alcoholism for what may or may not be a few drinking sessions.

wroom
9th March 2007, 13:30
Aren't we all sick and tired of hearing the news, the fake news and the rumours on Kimi's private life. At least I am. People who enjoy these things so much should spend their time watching the soaps rather than F1.

Let his driving do the talking.

And no, this remark was not meant to be a personal attack against anyone on this forum :)

-wroom

Dzeidzei
12th March 2007, 11:08
Aren't we all sick and tired of hearing the news, the fake news and the rumours on Kimi's private life. At least I am. People who enjoy these things so much should spend their time watching the soaps rather than F1.

Let his driving do the talking.

And no, this remark was not meant to be a personal attack against anyone on this forum :)

-wroom

Keke Rosberg made an interesting comment on this new hype over Massa. He says that a lot of people will be surprised at Kimis speed in Melbourne. And to be honest, after having seen quite a few interviews with Kimi lately, he seems awfully relaxed and calm to be so much off the pace of his teammate.

Well, 4 more days and we´ll all have a better idea on things to come.

Garry Walker
12th March 2007, 11:31
He says that a lot of people will be surprised at Kimis speed in Melbourne.

I agree totally - those surprised ones will be the Kimi fans who have claimed he is the fastest driver in f1. (well, pedro must be the 2nd fastest then). Massa will beat kimi.

Juppe
12th March 2007, 13:35
I agree totally - those surprised ones will be the Kimi fans who have claimed he is the fastest driver in f1. (well, pedro must be the 2nd fastest then). Massa will beat kimi.

Keep the comments coming - I will have so much fun, after I win our bet!!! :D

F1boat
12th March 2007, 15:42
If the Ferrari car is as good and some people suggest, the gap might be insignificant, just like in late 2002 between MS and RB.

ioan
12th March 2007, 16:25
For now KR tested 1000kms more than FM this season so any excuses like he is not completely comfortable with the car are null and void.

Saturday morning we will know which one is the fastest.
Sunday we'll see how they compare.
At the end of the season you'll see who's the better one.

Easy Drifter
12th March 2007, 18:12
He was singing JV's greatest hits!

jas123f1
12th March 2007, 18:30
For now KR tested 1000kms more than FM this season so any excuses like he is not completely comfortable with the car are null and void.

Saturday morning we will know which one is the fastest.
Sunday we'll see how they compare.
At the end of the season you'll see who's the better one.

You mean that Kimi is a so much better driver than Massa and can fix the car setup which is perfect for him :) , so he can beat everyone without any problems.

I didn't know that you are such a BIG kimi-fan that you believe that it must be enough with 1000 km more testing (half time in raining conditions but anyway). It doesn’t matter that Massa has been testing and driving many years at Ferrari. :D

However I wonder a bit what you would say if he really beats Massa – it should be an amazing story and Massa who has been dominating winter testing wouldn’t probably like it too much.

I heard “inside rumours” that Massa and Kimi had a completely different testing program (Kimi starting from zero and Massa continuing Ferraris old testing program) however both drivers was very pleased with the result and I’m sure no one would deny that when looking on the results.

Massa is a very good driver and it's not easy - but so is Kimi, so my tip is that Kimi beats him, but a bit later. Perhaps after Bahrain.. but that's only my tip, i hope yoy are right and Kimi will win allready the first race in Melbourne.

If he beats Massa now allready, that means that there is no rise of wages to Massa in a long time :D

Dzeidzei
12th March 2007, 18:42

Nopes, youre wrong there. The Kimi fans expect Massa to be faster in the beginning of the season. Actually Massa should win Kimi in all 3 races before they get to Europe. If this doesnt happen, you can make only 2 conclusions. 1. Massa will not have a chance for the whole campaign of 2007 against Kimi. And 2. Judging by how close Massa was to MS at the end of last season MS´s decision was certainly the right one, as he would have been beaten alongside KR.

Do you agree on these conclusions? If Massa is still faster when they run in Europe, I´ll accept that he´s the faster one. And that MS would have destroyed Kimi.

ioan
12th March 2007, 19:07
Nopes, youre wrong there. The Kimi fans expect Massa to be faster in the beginning of the season. Actually Massa should win Kimi in all 3 races before they get to Europe. If this doesnt happen, you can make only 2 conclusions. 1. Massa will not have a chance for the whole campaign of 2007 against Kimi. And 2. Judging by how close Massa was to MS at the end of last season MS´s decision was certainly the right one, as he would have been beaten alongside KR.

Do you agree on these conclusions? If Massa is still faster when they run in Europe, I´ll accept that he´s the faster one. And that MS would have destroyed Kimi.

Why do people feel the need to post such comments?!

Isn't it better to wait, see, think and than say something realistic?

Dzeidzei
12th March 2007, 19:18
Why do people feel the need to post such comments?!

I´d be very interested to hear, why you feel that my post is somehow worse than all the rest of the pre season speculation. I agree that it would be better to wait, but do you really feel that this post was the worst one? The one over the limit?

I didnt offend anyone. It was polite and I asked if the other forum member agreed on my conclusions.

Or maybe you feel that MS cannot be commented on anymore? I dunno, you leave me puzzled, friend.

ioan
12th March 2007, 20:10
I´d be very interested to hear, why you feel that my post is somehow worse than all the rest of the pre season speculation. I agree that it would be better to wait, but do you really feel that this post was the worst one? The one over the limit?

I didnt offend anyone. It was polite and I asked if the other forum member agreed on my conclusions.

Or maybe you feel that MS cannot be commented on anymore? I dunno, you leave me puzzled, friend.

I'm sorry if I offended you, mine was a general point not directed to your persona, it was just your post that filled the glass.
No hard feelings!

Dzeidzei
12th March 2007, 20:44
I'm sorry if I offended you, mine was a general point not directed to your persona, it was just your post that filled the glass.
No hard feelings!

Okay, thats cool. No hard feelings.

However, even though all the pre season bs is pointless, it is a lot of fun. It is exciting to speculate and try to see where teams are going and how will the drivers perform. Especially now when so many things have changed.

Sometimes its good to remind people that F1 is not the most important thing in the world. Its a potentially great 2 hours on every 2nd Sunday, but thats it. Its only a sport.

Tazio
13th March 2007, 03:43
Massa defends Kimi
Tabloid gossip 'exaggerated'

Mar.12 (GMM) Felipe Massa has leapt to teammate Kimi Raikkonen\'s defence amid the latest reports of the Finn\'s alcohol-fuelled off-track exploits.

Finn Raikkonen, 27, is a regular in the tabloid newspapers and gossip magazines, but Massa suggested that such reports should be taken with a pinch of salt.

\"In a world like ours, where there are famous people, the media can often exaggerate or even make things up,\" Ferrari driver Massa, 25, told the Rio de Janeiro-based newspaper O Globo.

Massa said Raikkonen is an \"excellent\" driver but some observers expect him to give the so-called \'iceman\' a run for his money at the Italian team in 2007.

\"He has already proved that he is one of the best drivers in formula one,\" Felipe said.

\"He will be fast and fight for victories, but I hope to be in front of him more often than he is in front of me.\"

Massa is approaching the new season with caution, despite the widespread belief in F1 circles that Ferrari\'s F2007 is the quickest car.

\"I don\'t mind hearing that people count me as a contender,\" he said, \"but that is not what I have to think about.

\"What people say is not going to change my mindset.

\"Importantly the car is good and fast and possibly has a small advantage on the others, but I am not going to say that we are the favourite.\"

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 20:12

Surely not Ioan, what would we all have to post in the meantime? :D