PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad attacks Octopus Paul

Lousada
27th July 2010, 23:15
Octopus Paul, who correctly predicted World Cup matches.

However, the Iranian president accused the octopus of spreading "western propaganda and superstition."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/7912418/Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-attacks-Octopus-Paul.html

There you go, we've all been brainwashed!

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2010, 00:25
It is a good thing we have his wise and precient words to tell us how stupid we are. Otherwise, we would elect idiots like him I guess?

Ahmadinejad I do think is out there to make sure he makes headlines somewhere every week...and this is just his lowest attempt yet.

Hondo
28th July 2010, 03:01
Some of us did elect an idiot like him.

Eki
28th July 2010, 07:45
I was just going to say that.

markabilly
28th July 2010, 12:54
Iranian nut case is just fuming because Octie refused to put a sucker on the iranian flag...it was too crowded already

Azumanga Davo
29th July 2010, 19:12
Mad Jad is mad because his tipping was bloody awful, I expect.

UltimateDanGTR
29th July 2010, 21:04
does this guy hate everything west of iran?

probably.

Garry Walker
29th July 2010, 22:34

True. Hopefully next time people will be smart enough and wont vote for that idiot obama.

Tazio
30th July 2010, 05:19
:laugh:

:s ailor: "He has octophobia." :s mokin:

http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22067/Sinking-Ship-By-Octopus.jpg

Pulpo Paul Rules :)

Eki
30th July 2010, 06:31
True. Hopefully next time people will be smart enough and wont vote for that idiot obama.
Now you're just being anti-American and jealous. We were talking about Bush.

Mark
30th July 2010, 08:16
I thought you meant Cameron ;)

Easy Drifter
30th July 2010, 12:50
You were the only person who said "Bush" Eki and not until your last post.

Drew
1st August 2010, 00:29
How dare he. This time he's just gone too far.

F1boat
22nd August 2010, 09:40
Cthulhu FTW. :)

Captain VXR
23rd August 2010, 10:18
Epic thread bump!!

emporer_k
23rd August 2010, 14:30
How dare he.

Paul the octopus is my hero.

sal
25th August 2010, 14:50
He's only mad because he had money on West Germany to win the World Cup...

janvanvurpa
25th August 2010, 19:14
Four timesÖ 1980, 1984, 2000, and 2004-----although the 2000 results were blatantly stolen by Attorney General of Florida Katherine Harris contracting a major Bush family supporter in Texas to ransack the eligible voter rolls and exclude 75-80,000 eligible voters.

The proven details were laid out clearly by investigative journalist Greg Palast---fascinating reading of how Republican corruption works..

And of course the manipulation of the Diebold voting machines in Ohio in '04 does put a shadow of doubt on that "election" also....

Mark in Oshawa
26th August 2010, 08:23
Four timesÖ 1980, 1984, 2000, and 2004-----although the 2000 results were blatantly stolen by Attorney General of Florida Katherine Harris contracting a major Bush family supporter in Texas to ransack the eligible voter rolls and exclude 75-80,000 eligible voters.

The proven details were laid out clearly by investigative journalist Greg Palast---fascinating reading of how Republican corruption works..

And of course the manipulation of the Diebold voting machines in Ohio in '04 does put a shadow of doubt on that "election" also....

So it was just justice when the Democrats in Florida kept wanting recount after recount in 00? Never mind they kept changing the criteria on what a legitimate vote was...never mind they went to court to block military ballots delayed in transit, never mind that in the 3 districts where all the problems were ballots were an issue, were all Democrat Party officials who were elected to run the local election board? Any issues with the ballots, THEY created.....

Still trying to figure out how the GOP could be so clever that they could get Democrats to screw up the election boards in 3 counties in Florida....but there you go with wild accusations.

It is common knowledge that the US has the most stupid and archaic form of vote counting and election rules going. Allowing each county in each state to set up their own systems and ways of counting and legitimizing ballots is madness.

We Canucks have an election done with old fashioned boxes with X's, all parties witness the counts with their own scrutineers and the damn thing is over and done with in 3 hours....

Quite frankly Jan...I don't know if the GOP is any better than the Democrats but the fact both parties and you the American citizen( maybe not you in particular) really still have no cohesive way of doing this is an issue...

I know the Constitution and the way things are done dictates that the States control the election process and they have put it on counties to elect boards....but my god, when they are partisan, then you really are asking for the mess of 00 and 04. I don't believe Dubya was any less legit than Obama is....because with all the screwing going on...I think it all balances out in the end...

Camelopard
26th August 2010, 08:24
Didn't some Argentinean dude put an octopus in to a blender in apparent retaliation for his country not being picked by 'Paul'?

This was done on live TV I believe.

http://www.newser.com/story/95347/vengeful-tv-host-throws-octopus-into-blender.html

janvanvurpa
26th August 2010, 17:11
So it was just justice when the Democrats in Florida kept wanting recount after recount in 00? Never mind they kept changing the criteria on what a legitimate vote was...never mind they went to court to block military ballots delayed in transit, never mind that in the 3 districts where all the problems were ballots were an issue, were all Democrat Party officials who were elected to run the local election board? Any issues with the ballots, THEY created.....

Still trying to figure out how the GOP could be so clever that they could get Democrats to screw up the election boards in 3 counties in Florida....but there you go with wild accusations.
blah blah blah blah nothing but empty rambling nothing to do with what was written--.

I will not be accused of wild accusations, not from you.
You are not nearly so well informed about every nuance of our political process Mr gawddam unemployed Truck driver So STFU
and go read instead of running you big endless mouth, fool.

The whole thing is a matter of public record and is no silly paranoid conspiracy theory.
Indeed the trail of misdeeds is so open that it shows how that gang, those connected with the Bush family, clearly felt they could do whatever they wanted with impunity--which they were right about..

GO READ you have the best name to use, he gets published worldwide, more in Canada than USA, and he worked for BBC as well.. PALAST..

chuck34
26th August 2010, 22:20
I will not be accused of wild accusations, not from you.
You are not nearly so well informed about every nuance of our political process Mr gawddam unemployed Truck driver So STFU
and go read instead of running you big endless mouth, fool.

The whole thing is a matter of public record and is no silly paranoid conspiracy theory.
Indeed the trail of misdeeds is so open that it shows how that gang, those connected with the Bush family, clearly felt they could do whatever they wanted with impunity--which they were right about..

GO READ you have the best name to use, he gets published worldwide, more in Canada than USA, and he worked for BBC as well.. PALAST..

Wow Jan. Once again you prove why you are so LOVED, and WELL RESPECTED around here. You were projecting drinking problems on a lot of us a few months ago .... you ever get that checked out? I worry about you man, I really do. Get help, now.

race aficionado
27th August 2010, 00:07
Wow Jan. Once again you prove why you are so LOVED, and WELL RESPECTED around here. You were projecting drinking problems on a lot of us a few months ago .... you ever get that checked out? I worry about you man, I really do. Get help, now.

man . . . like those "polls' that come out and no one asked me the question being polled and then they are rubbed in my face as "facts" - I feel the same way when someone puts words in my mouth.

I am from 'around here" so please don't bundle me when you speak of forum members having opinions about others.

If insults are going to fly, please pm them.

This is a public forum and thank goodness we can have different opinions.

I disagree with some members, some members may disagree with me and I know we still have respect for each other because we have just that: different opinions.

thanks.

:s mokin:

Camelopard
27th August 2010, 00:58
man . . . like those "polls' that come out and no one asked me the question being polled and then they are rubbed in my face as "facts" - I feel the same way when someone puts words in my mouth.

I am from 'around here" so please don't bundle me when you speak of forum members having opinions about others.

If insults are going to fly, please pm them.

This is a public forum and thank goodness we can have different opinions.

I disagree with some members, some members may disagree with me and I know we still have respect for each other because we have just that: different opinions.

thanks.

:s mokin:

Very well said..............................

janvanvurpa
27th August 2010, 08:59

Delusional of you to imagine that you and a few delusional fools represent any sort of consensus "around here".
Or if that even means anything, popularity.
Pitiful, childish foolishness.

chuck34
27th August 2010, 12:32
Delusional of you to imagine that you and a few delusional fools represent any sort of consensus "around here".
Or if that even means anything, popularity.
Pitiful, childish foolishness.

And calling Mark "Mr gawddam unemployed Truck driver", was not pitiful, childish, nor foolish.

Perhaps I was being purposely provocitive to prove a point? But I suppose that flew under your radar because your reading comprehension is at such a "high level". Naw that couldn't be it, now could it.