PDA

View Full Version : Bernard in Milwaukee?

booger
27th July 2010, 20:46
The Milwaukee paper reported this morning that Randy B. had been in Milwaukee meeting with the State Fair B.O.D. about promoting an ICR at the mile with an unnamed partner. Anybody know anything more about this?

mileman
28th July 2010, 19:14
State politics - an inept, disinterested Fair Park Board - I don't give it much of a chance. The history of bungling here would scare off local investors. I think the board is waiting for the racing issue to go away so that they can be faced with a new problem: what to do with acres of empty land - and lots of aluminum seats. They have no clue as to the value of the Mile as a great racetrack - or the image equity of its storied history.

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2010, 20:48
State politics - an inept, disinterested Fair Park Board - I don't give it much of a chance. The history of bungling here would scare off local investors. I think the board is waiting for the racing issue to go away so that they can be faced with a new problem: what to do with acres of empty land - and lots of aluminum seats. They have no clue as to the value of the Mile as a great racetrack - or the image equity of its storied history.

From everyone I know who lives near the area, or is familiar with it, your assessment is bang on!