PDA

View Full Version : Not scsa realated but how lucky was this guy??

briggs'mechanic
7th March 2007, 12:46
Got this sent to me this morning, i've been to plenty of accidents over the years and the never walk form these.

This guy got out phoned the emergency services and only had a few scratches.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3105304

Jamie Brown
8th March 2007, 08:44
wow he is so lucky that was some crash and how the heck did he do that

SteveA
8th March 2007, 11:27
He was lucky he didn't have his family onboard. He'd have been the only survivor, probably wishing he'd perished also.

briggs'mechanic
8th March 2007, 12:02
The nstory goes that he hit a patch of ice and then car met tree then tree broke car and he can't remember what speed he was doing.

But like you say lucky there were no passengers.

JDPower
8th March 2007, 18:24
...he can't remember what speed he was doing
Quite conveniently. He'd have had to have been going some to tear the car in half like that.

Abo
9th March 2007, 10:45
Maybe it was a cut and shut that came apart at the welds...

SteveA
9th March 2007, 13:33
Aren't Audi's aluminum? That would be pretty much how I'd expect it to behave (ie tear). A steel bodied car would have probably wrapped itself around the tree. Not saying that's better, he'd probably have been crushed!

racing59
9th March 2007, 15:03
It'll polish out. I'm sure of it.

Duncan, was that you driving ?

acorn
9th March 2007, 18:51
Aren't Audi's aluminum? That would be pretty much how I'd expect it to behave (ie tear). A steel bodied car would have probably wrapped itself around the tree. Not saying that's better, he'd probably have been crushed!

"In addition to being made with fully galvanised sheet steel, Audi bodies have thorough wax flooding in those cavities subject to moisture. Aluminium bodies do not need this protection."

"The Audi A8 and the Audi A2 have an aluminium body built according to the Audi Space FrameŽ (ASF) principle."

as that wreck is an rs6 i think it's steel.

hicksy
10th March 2007, 12:05
Still on the subject of crashes....not the worst crash but the Most EXPENSIVE.

http://www.vcars.co.uk/news/car-news/pics-of-800000-bugatti-veyron-crash-193.html

SteveA
10th March 2007, 14:33
Looks repairable and I'm sure he's insured! (Do you think it'll affect his premium slightly?!)